Naps

Talk about anything in here.

Naps

Postby Darth_Kirby » Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:40 pm

How many naps do you usually take during a week? I usually only take about one or two. Mostly on Sunday. (day of rest) lol
Join the Darth side... No really! Join! The pension plan is great and they match all your 401K's!! XD

[color="Cyan"]True freedom is the ability to do what you know is right without fear of persecution.[/color]

[color="Lime"]I finally understand that justice is not born out of the desire for revenge or hatred, but it is born out of love for one’s fellow man.[/color]

Darth_Kirby (post: 1481540) wrote:Ah, the beast of terminology... how many more arguments will you start... XP
Darth_Kirby

Postby Atria35 » Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:42 pm

As many as I can! (once an afternoon if I can swing it, actually). But since my schedule isn't always constant, that varies.
Atria35

Postby Ally-Ann » Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:47 pm

Hardly ever. Not even once a week. It depends on if I'm actually tired and how much so.
[color="Lime"]My Fictionpress account[/color]! http://www.fictionpress.com/u/740837/Ally-Ann

[color="Yellow"]My Fanfiction account[/color]! http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2401061/ArmyAngel316

My nicknames! [color="Pink"]~*[/color][color="palegreen"]Ally[/color][color="pink"]*~[/color] [color="white"](>[/color][color="Cyan"]Mochi-chan[/color][color="White"]<)[/color]

I like mochi. ^^

I question my [color="DarkOrchid"]sanity[/color]. (._.)

Operation: Blackout
Ally-Ann

Postby Darth_Kirby » Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:48 pm

Ally-Ann (post: 1485896) wrote:Hardly ever. Not even once a week. It depends on if I'm actually tired and how much so.

lol you're still young yet though. :3
Join the Darth side... No really! Join! The pension plan is great and they match all your 401K's!! XD

[color="Cyan"]True freedom is the ability to do what you know is right without fear of persecution.[/color]

[color="Lime"]I finally understand that justice is not born out of the desire for revenge or hatred, but it is born out of love for one’s fellow man.[/color]

Darth_Kirby (post: 1481540) wrote:Ah, the beast of terminology... how many more arguments will you start... XP
Darth_Kirby

Postby ADXC » Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:50 pm

Well during summer, I do sleep a lot, but those aren't really naps. That's called rest. XD

However, there are times when I do need to take some naps. So maybe about one per day.

Now, school is a different story. I often take at least one nap a day because I get very sleep deprived because of all the work.
ADXC

Postby Darth_Kirby » Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:59 pm

ADXC (post: 1485898) wrote:Well during summer, I do sleep a lot, but those aren't really naps. That's called rest. XD

However, there are times when I do need to take some naps. So maybe about one per day.

Now, school is a different story. I often take at least one nap a day because I get very sleep deprived because of all the work.

lol Are you one of those people who studies at the last minute?

Darth_Kirby

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:05 pm

I rarely nap. When I do it averages about maybe once or twice a month. I always feel like I'm taking precious time out of my day or something.

That and waking up from naps always feels weird to me.
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Ally-Ann » Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:15 pm

Mr. SmartyPants (post: 1485906) wrote:I rarely nap. When I do it averages about maybe once or twice a month. I always feel like I'm taking precious time out of my day or something.

That and waking up from naps always feels weird to me.

That's exactly why I don't take naps more often. It'll be the end of a long school day and I'll complain to my mom, "I'm tired." Then she'll tell me to take a nap and I'll be like, "Nah." XD
[color="Lime"]My Fictionpress account[/color]! http://www.fictionpress.com/u/740837/Ally-Ann

[color="Yellow"]My Fanfiction account[/color]! http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2401061/ArmyAngel316

My nicknames! [color="Pink"]~*[/color][color="palegreen"]Ally[/color][color="pink"]*~[/color] [color="white"](>[/color][color="Cyan"]Mochi-chan[/color][color="White"]<)[/color]

I like mochi. ^^

I question my [color="DarkOrchid"]sanity[/color]. (._.)

Operation: Blackout
Ally-Ann

Postby alma » Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:26 pm

I am a night person, I am more "awake" at night. So I always need to nap in the afternoon, but that does not mean I can always do it. There is so much to that I need to be doing during daytime.
"Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent."John 17:3 (NASB)
"By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”John 13:35
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/alma01
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online
alma

Postby ADXC » Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:40 pm

Darth_Kirby (post: 1485903) wrote:lol Are you one of those people who studies at the last minute?

Sir, I take on average about 20 credits a semester. There are three things in college you need to consider. Those are your academics, sleep, and your social life. Before, I put most of my stock into academics and sleep; however recently I have added a social life too so that I can actually feel I'm having a life. There are also work schedules, spirituality, and actually eating that need to be considered too.

There are only 24 hours in a day and in college you need to know how to spend them. Often times I have to work as well which eats up some of my time too.

For your classes, it is advised that you spend a lot of time on them so I rarely have enough time for everything. So I often have to stay up late doing assignments because I was actually trying to have a life rather than be the unsocial hermit that I was claimed to have been my first 2 semesters.

Also, for your information, I am on the Dean's list and I am going on my 5th semester of college.
ADXC

Postby Yuki-Anne » Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:12 pm

When I was in college I napped a lot. Since then, napping has become extremely rare for me, because if I nap, I have a hard time going to bed at a decent hour. I only nap on days where I happen to wake up absurdly early for no apparent reason. Which is extremely rare.
New and improved Yuki-Anne: now with blog: http://anneinjapan.blog.com
Yuki-Anne

Postby Ante Bellum » Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:06 pm

I can't nap. I can only sleep when it's dark (and guess whose blinds just broke!), and the time always seems to be after midnight. It's rare if I sleep before then. If I need extra sleep, I take a sleep aid which keeps me sleeping for 10-12 hours but doesn't actually make me fall asleep. Sometimes though, I really wish I was able to nap. It would be really helpful, considering how late I'm usually up during school days.
Ante Bellum

Postby Darth_Kirby » Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:19 pm

[quote="ADXC (post: 1485913)"]Sir, I take on average about 20 credits a semester. There are three things in college you need to consider. Those are your academics, sleep, and your social life. Before, I put most of my stock into academics and sleep]

lol sorry, didn't mean to insult you. I'm on the Dean's honor list too. But I've only been doing about 12 to 14 units/credits per semester. You sound like my sister. Juggling too many things at once. It's probably a good thing to be busy though. Sometimes I have a little too much time on my hands. lol ^^;

Darth_Kirby

Postby ShiroiHikari » Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:54 pm

I can't nap very well. It takes me forever to wake up from a nap, and I feel terrible for like two hours after I wake up. Doesn't matter how long or short the nap is either. So I only nap if I just can't keep my eyes open any longer.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Okami » Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:12 pm

I am in the exact same position as ADXC (We've come to find out that our lives are quite similar it seems, recently. XD; ) I've been averaging about 15.5 credits in my four semesters (15/15/14/18) and add to that the .5 credit I get per-semester for chapel hours and outreach ministry time. (15 hours OM required a semester--Fall of this past year I maxed out over 100, I'm quite sure....) I'm not quite a Dean's List student (on-again, off-again) although I try my hardest in my classes. There are times when I've just run myself into the ground with my Biblical studies that I just collapse on my bed and sleep through lunch or dinner. (And I'm sure Psychology will be much the same once I get into heavier core classes) Naps are often necessary more often than not!
~*~ Blessed to be Ryosuke's wife!
"We will be her church, the body of Christ coming alive to
meet her needs, to write love on her arms." ~ Jamie Tworkowski
Okami

Postby KougaHane » Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:06 pm

I honestly hate sleeping. I wish I didn't get tired. I feel like I'm wasting time when I sleep. Yes, even at night. Maybe that's why I can't sleep.
chatbot 09:36 - KougaHane asks, Will you be my friend?
My answer: No
KougaHane 09:36 - T_T
KougaHane

Postby Dante » Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:10 pm

I take naps whenever I feel like taking one currently - and that normally occurs about once per day now, typically around 4-6 PM. I've actually wondered how my body would feel if I flipped to a natural human sleep cycle (going to bed when it gets dark (no indoor lighting), waking up for a "watch" during the night for a few hours, then going back to sleep). During grad-school, my sleep schedule was fried, so I caught micro-sleep episodes every twenty seconds. I nearly slammed my head on the table a few times ^_^ and grabbed every precious moment of sleep I could get. When I took naps, my entire body shook from exhaustion and I almost had a severe "thirst" for sleep. Not fun.

Also, some dweeb decided to develop a new disorder they're broadcasting on the radio. They're calling it "work shift sleep disorder", it is defined as,

[INDENT]"SWSD is a sleep disorder that affects people who frequently rotate shifts or work at night. Schedules of these people go against the body’s natural Circadian rhythm, and individuals have difficulty adjusting to the different sleep and wake schedule. SWSD consists of a constant or recurrent pattern of sleep interruption that results in insomnia or excessive sleepiness. This disorder is common in people who work non-traditional hours, usually between 10:00 p.m. and 6:00 a.m."
[/INDENT]
What moron did they pay to call this a "disorder"; you're body isn't designed to work those shifts and you're screwing with your natural system in a major way by forcing it. It's not your body that has the 'disorder', it's your boss and job that has the disorder in the head (chronic major-stupidity disorder). Garrh *Pascal smacks himself repeatedly hoping the idiocy will evaporate, but corporate America goes on in it's attempts to label us the problem for not conforming to their every cruel and unusual whim*.
Dante

Postby shooraijin » Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:24 pm

Yes, I'm pretty dubious of the "shift work sleep disorder" diagnosis also. As far as I'm concerned, it's the price paid to work the late shift, and things like modafinil and tranquilizers may well do more harm than good. When I was on night float as an intern, you adapt. You don't sleep well during the day initially, but that improves.

REM's "Daysleeper" comes to mind.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby christianfriend » Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:31 pm

It's very rare for me to take a nap, unless I have a headache or don't feel well. Even if I am exhausted, I stay up until at least 8 or 9 so I won't wake up too early.

When I take naps I tend to feel more groggy and tired than I did before, lol. So it's just not worth it.
[font="Lucida Console"][align=center]“The [color="Magenta"]best[/color] kind of [color="Magenta"]friend[/color] is the kind you can sit on a porch and swing with, never say a word, and then walk away feeling like it was the best conversation you've ever had.â€
christianfriend

Postby TheMewster » Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:13 am

Even when I'm exhausted I have a hard time getting to sleep so I can't take a nap. I rarely even napped when I was a BABY. One time I have successfully napped:that was when I was sick with a really bad stomach virus.
So the poor has hope, and injustice shuts her mouth. ~Job 5:16 WEB~
For you are my hope, Lord Yahweh; my confidence from my youth. ~Psalm 71:5 WEB~
TheMewster

Postby Nanao » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:36 am

I hardly ever nap. Usually if I do, it means I'm sick or on my way to being sick.
[color="RoyalBlue"]My help comes from the Lord, maker of heaven and earth.[/color] Psalm 121:2
[color="Pink"]@)[/color][color="Green"]}~`,~[/color] Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.
Nanao

Postby c.t.,girl » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:44 am

I WANNA TAKE A NAP RIGHT NOW...SO BAD...

also...i don't nap...i sleep. lol if i try to nap in the daytime...i just end up sleeping for the entire day and then mess up my sleep schedule. XD; so i don't do naps.
[color="DarkOrange"]"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things... hey... the good things don't always soften the bad things; but vice-versa the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant." -11th Doctor

"The advice I like to give young artists, or really anybody who’ll listen to me, is not to wait around for inspiration. Inspiration is for amateurs; the rest of us just show up and get to work. If you wait around for the clouds to part and a bolt of lightning to strike you in the brain, you are not going to make an awful lot of work. All the best ideas come out of the process; they come out of the work itself. Things occur to you. If you’re sitting around trying to dream up a great art idea, you can sit there a long time before anything happens. But if you just get to work, something will occur to you and something else will occur to you and something else that you reject will push you in another direction. Inspiration is absolutely unnecessary and somehow deceptive. You feel like you need this great idea before you can get down to work, and I find that’s almost never the case." - Chuck Close[/color]
c.t.,girl

Postby sailorsaturn » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:49 am

I nap like once every two months. Waking up from naps is strange, its like if I went to sleep in the 18th then I should wake up on the 19th and no matter how much I try to convince myself that it's still the 18th and still feel like it's the 19th for the rest of the day. (And sometimes the next day will feel like the 20th even though it's only the 19th.)
sailorsaturn

Postby Nate » Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:22 am

Pascal wrote:It's not your body that has the 'disorder', it's your boss and job that has the disorder in the head (chronic major-stupidity disorder).

Yeah, boy those doctors who work night shift sure are dumb! I mean, medical emergencies never occur between 10 PM and 6 AM! How dare hospitals force doctors and nurses to be awake and on call for literally no reason during those times! It's so stupid!

But yeah, I'm with shoo, I really doubt it's an actual disorder, it's just more difficult to adjust to sleeping during the day because of the higher temperatures, light, and increased amount of noise. But having worked on night shift for three years at my last job, you do adjust to it eventually. Besides, at least the sleep schedule was set and I could slide into a routine. When I was in the military, I didn't get that luxury. Sleep schedules shift constantly in the military, and you couldn't get into a pattern unless you were 6 and 6...and you didn't wanna be 6 and 6, trust me (that meant 6 on, 6 off, so you were on watch for 6 hours, and then off watch for six hours). Especially if you were 6 and 6 with a workday, ugh.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Darth_Kirby » Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:57 am

You know there are way too many things these docters are arbitraly calling disorders. (feels like posting new thread. lol)

Darth_Kirby

Postby ChristianKitsune » Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:27 pm

I sleep too much. Stay up too late, sleep too late. (Seriously I go to bed at like 4 or 5 am,and wake up at like 12 or 1 pm. :/ It sucks, but I don't want to just go to bed right after I get home from work... I want to hang out, draw, talk to my roomies maybe watch a movie or two.

^^; I'm even like this during the school year. THAT's when I nap. During the summer it's usually just sleeping in.
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby ShiroiHikari » Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:30 pm

When my husband gets off at 11 PM, we usually end up staying up until around 2 AM and waking up around 10 or 11 AM. Otherwise we'd have no time to spend together, and it's really difficult to go to bed as soon as you get home from work.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Xeno » Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:43 pm

What is a "nap"? This is foreign to me. Only time I can sleep other than at after my work shift is if I have a migraine, which I often have to sleep off.
Xeno

Postby Furen » Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:48 pm

Ummm, I think I just had one now, but I really don't often ever...
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby Okami » Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:00 pm

*had a nap earlier today*

Although, I have found that strange things happen when I take naps. Today just so happened to find me walking out into the living room, making my dogs their food while they were still locked in their cages, and afterwards going to play with one of my cats and finding my razor on the living room floor...when it had been on the edge of the bathtub when I went in for my nap. Meaning that one of my cats decided it was a cat toy or something. Thankfully the darn thing was sheathed. XD
~*~ Blessed to be Ryosuke's wife!
"We will be her church, the body of Christ coming alive to
meet her needs, to write love on her arms." ~ Jamie Tworkowski
Okami

Next

Return to General