Anime of the 112th United States Congress [Winter 2011]

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Postby MightiMidget » Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:50 pm

Because it was poorly paced? Confused over whether it wanted to be feel-goody or dark? Because it was...boring? Fractale had a lot of potential...but yeah. Sad times. :(
MightiMidget

Postby blkmage » Fri May 13, 2011 9:01 pm

I thought I'd mention that while I've been pretty hard on Gosick, I feel like its second half has been sufficiently interesting. I think the key is moving the focus on to Victorique and the formation of some kind of bigger plot that involves her rather than on their solving random mysteries and stuff. After all, I'd always felt that the strongest part of the show was Victorique's and Kazuya's relationship.

Also, looking at Wikipedia, it looks like the anime has already gone through a decent chunk of the light novels, so it could be on its way to ending well.
blkmage

Postby TheSubtleDoctor » Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:50 am

Gosick Episode 21

Van Hohenheim? What are you doing here? And pre-beard no less!
TheSubtleDoctor

Postby TheSubtleDoctor » Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:59 pm

Hilarious bit o' news:
MAL News wrote:Anime director Yamamoto Yutaka posted on his twitter that he has made a request to the production committee of Fractale to terminate the serialization of its manga. The dispute was originated from the manga author Akasaki Mutsumi's blog entry, which expressed her dissatisfaction with the story of the manga and the anime. Akasaki said she couldn't understand what the producers of the anime wanted to tell and she has been at a loss what to do to make the story interesting. Akasaki immediately removed the entry but Yamamoto saw the screenshot and "felt sad about the current situation of the anime and manga industry. (tweet)" Yamamoto said the production committee will make the final decision of the future of the manga.

Source: Yamamoto's twitter
That's right Yamakan...it's everyone else's problem, not yours.

This dude cannot accept that he just didn't get it right this time.
TheSubtleDoctor

Postby blkmage » Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:05 pm

Fractale is the gift that keeps on giving (drama).
blkmage

Postby MightiMidget » Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:28 pm

Oohoo...ouch. :oops:
MightiMidget

Previous

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews