Hhheeelllpppp!!!

Talk about anything in here.

Hhheeelllpppp!!!

Postby Mister » Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:22 pm

ok, so tonight was my first karate lesson. it was an hour and ten minutes of torture lol. i'm not as fit as i need to be, that's a given. but the problem is i can barely move my legs, lol. i have to get up at 7 tomorrow morning and go to work, i do hard labor, is there any tips as to how i can make a decent recovery by tomorrow? if possible?

I'M IN YOUR HANDS!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=so6IQ4GYm2o&feature=related

I'll never be the same, after meeting you. I'll never Love the same after Loving you. i'll never breath the same after breathing in your Life. Lord you change me.
Mister

Postby Atria35 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:35 pm

Unfortunately, the only way to recover from straining the muscles like this is relaxing. Don't move/get up as much as possible. What's happened is that you probably have microscopic tears in your muscles- this is normal, and how they build up when you're excercizing. However, only time and rest can heal it.

For soreness, though, a hot bath can help relax the muscles.
Atria35

Postby Mister » Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:37 pm

ok, hot bath is out of the question, no power in the house so no bath till it gets fixed.

I'll never be the same, after meeting you. I'll never Love the same after Loving you. i'll never breath the same after breathing in your Life. Lord you change me.
Mister

Postby Atria35 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:48 pm

Then keep blankets over your legs to keep in your body heat around them. It will work in a similar way.
Atria35

Postby Radical Dreamer » Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:52 pm

I hear drinking lots of water after exercise helps with the muscle soreness. XD It won't be as bad as you get more in shape, but tough it out for now! It's good for you! XD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby ChristianKitsune » Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:00 pm

I also heard that eating lots of protein and bananas helps too. The potassium and the water is probably what your body needs right now XD.
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby aliveinHim » Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:21 pm

Take a washcloth, put it in the microwave for 15 seconds so it's nice and hot, and put it over where it feels sore. It helps after cross country meets.
"And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins, in which you once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience, among whom also we all once conducted ourselves in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, just as the others.
But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, that in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us in Christ Jesus." Ephesians 2:1-7

http://oribichan94.deviantart.com/
aliveinHim

Postby K. Ayato » Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:22 pm

I used to take karate lessons back in my teens. We always started out with at least 30 minutes of warm-ups and stretching before getting into the more intense stuff to cover for a night. Did you all start up cold and jump right into the intense training or were there stretches and warm-ups?

In light of your soreness, it'd be good to try and stretch them out as best as you can. From what you shared, it sounds a lot like your muscles didn't have a cool-down either. It's gonna be a bit painful, but try to stretch them out as much as you can before it starts to hurt, then let them relax.
K. Ayato: What happens if you press the small red button?

*Explosion goes off in the movie*

mechana2015: Does that answer your question?

K. Ayato: Perfectly.

Prayer sister of kaji, sticksabuser, Angel37, and Doubleshadow --Love you guys! :)
K. Ayato

Postby Jingo Jaden » Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:23 pm

Always stretch after having a hard session. Stretch a lot, it is painful, but it is the only thing that reduces the strain as the warmed up will eventually become cold.

As for now, don't think there are any other way than to face the pain. Not having stretched after a hard workout can have pains lasting for around a good week.
Of two evils, choose neither - Charles Spurgeon.

Jingo Jaden

Postby Xeno » Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:26 pm

<do not follow this advice>Dude, what you should totally do is get up, tough it out and run like 6 miles, one way. Then take a bunch of Lortab, that kills pain in some people I think. Then, drink a bottle of gin. Should take care of it!</bad advice>

Seriously though, if it's localised soreness see if your parents can pick you up some pain patches at Walmart. They're kinda expensive, but they're OTC and usually just use menthol to help soothe the pain.
Xeno

Postby Dante » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:26 pm

I'd always rub my legs in with rubbing alcohol (green stuff came in a bottle). At least that was the remedy my parents taught me for this kind of thing. Sprinkle the stuff on your legs and then rub it in - has a nice cooling effect too. Just don't go near anything hot or flammable.
Dante

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:16 pm

Just always stretch. Before and after. Especially your thighs and calves. Also, as exercise becomes more routine you'll get used to it.

*Been doing Martial Arts for like my whole life*
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Mister » Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:07 pm

Thank you guys so very much! i will take all the advice acordingly..... well except for the 6 mile run and gin thing lol.

the soreness and pain is mostly around the top and sides of my thighs very close to my knees.

Mister

Postby K. Ayato » Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:21 pm

Karate does involve a lot of knee-bending. That area you described is the quad muscles. Good way to stretch those out is to stand on one foot, holding the other at the ankle while you bend the leg behind you. Takes practice to maintain your balance, but it does stretch out those muscles.
K. Ayato: What happens if you press the small red button?

*Explosion goes off in the movie*

mechana2015: Does that answer your question?

K. Ayato: Perfectly.

Prayer sister of kaji, sticksabuser, Angel37, and Doubleshadow --Love you guys! :)
K. Ayato

Postby ich1990 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:27 pm

Consuming chocolate milk and bananas immediately after the workout tends to help me. If you really overdid it and your tendons are tightening up on you (happened to me a couple of times) apply heat to them and gently continue stretching out your tendons for the remainder of the evening.
Where an Eidolon, named night, on a black throne reigns upright.
ich1990

Postby Agloval » Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:08 pm

I don't have any good advice at all, but I'm sure if you're warming up & down properly the relevant muscles will soon toughen up and you'll look back on this and chuckle... stick with it! Good luck!
'That blast is blown for me, for I am the prize, and yet am I not dead.'
Agloval

Postby TheMewster » Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:59 pm

[quote="Xeno (post: 1485172)"]<do not follow this advice>Dude, what you should totally do is get up, tough it out and run like 6 miles, one way. Then take a bunch of Lortab, that kills pain in some people I think. Then, drink a bottle of gin. Should take care of it!</bad advice>
:lol::lol: You made my day, Xeno.

Anyway, like everyone else said, stretch out and warm up next time. Maybe a Motrin or an aspirin will help you. Honestly, I have never heard of the rest of the remedies other CAAers are giving, but I trust that God sent them to help you. I prayed you would get better! God bless you!!!
So the poor has hope, and injustice shuts her mouth. ~Job 5:16 WEB~
For you are my hope, Lord Yahweh; my confidence from my youth. ~Psalm 71:5 WEB~
TheMewster

Postby Nanao » Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:56 pm

Atria35 (post: 1485157) wrote:Unfortunately, the only way to recover from straining the muscles like this is relaxing.

This is going to be your best cure.

Stretching is a great idea, but stretch carefully. When your muscles are tired it is easier to tear things. So, stretch slowly and don't force anything ^__^ If a hot bath isn't an option you can also try a heating pad or electric blanket. Another thing that has helped me a lot in the past is using a muscle rub such as tiger balm or white flower balm.
[color="RoyalBlue"]My help comes from the Lord, maker of heaven and earth.[/color] Psalm 121:2
[color="Pink"]@)[/color][color="Green"]}~`,~[/color] Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.
Nanao

Postby Mister » Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:31 pm

again thank you all! and no advice is not good enough, i appreciate it all! i've been trying to stretch often, and to eat and drink enough b vitamins, c vitamins, as well as potassium and calsium, and protien. it still is hard to bed my knees and walk up and down stairs. what's worse is that i word Lanscaping so i'm bending, walking, and kneeling all day lol, so little rest for the weary right? lol

Mister

Postby Htom Sirveaux » Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:45 pm

Mister wrote:Hhheeelllpppp!!!

Agents are . . . . .
If this post seems too utterly absurd or ridiculous to be taken seriously, don't. :)
Htom Sirveaux

Postby Slater » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:50 pm

That's not pain you're feeling. It's weakness leaving the human body.
Slater

Postby Midori » Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:42 pm

As they say, whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. That's the ideal, at least.
Midori

Postby Htom Sirveaux » Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:44 am

Midori wrote:As they say, whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. That's the ideal, at least.

Sure, just ask Christopher Reeve. Oh, wait. . . .
If this post seems too utterly absurd or ridiculous to be taken seriously, don't. :)
Htom Sirveaux

Postby Slater » Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:16 pm

Midori (post: 1485589) wrote:As they say, whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. That's the ideal, at least.

"The best part about pain is that it lets you know you are not dead yet."
Slater

Postby Htom Sirveaux » Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:48 am

Slater wrote:"The best part about pain is that it lets you know you are not dead yet."

The worst part about pain is that it lets you know something hurts.
Htom Sirveaux

Return to General