Sudoku and other puzzle fans unite!

Talk about anything in here.

Sudoku and other puzzle fans unite!

Postby rocklobster » Sat May 07, 2011 12:27 pm

I once learned in a psychology class that keeping your mind sharp can really benefit your brain cells. In fact, it can even lessen your chances of getting Alzheimer's disease! After learning that, I took up an interest in puzzles, especially Sudoku, word finds, and anagrams. (I'm not into crossword puzzles though). So I was wondering if I'm not alone in this. If you play crosswords, word finds, sudoku, etc, post here! Oh, and I'm even including playing puzzle video games like Tetris because a recent study found that those are also just as beneficial as the pencil and paper variety.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Atria35 » Sat May 07, 2011 1:09 pm

My mother and I are big on Sudoku and occasionally anagrams, though we're terrible at the anagrams!
Atria35

Postby Edward » Sat May 07, 2011 2:20 pm

I don't like Sudoku all that much, I prefer Kakuro and Minesweeper.
[thread=43825]MOES[/thread] One sig to rule them all. One sig to find them. One sig to bring them all, and in 250 px or less bind them. In the land of Mordor, where the sigs do not scroll.

Real men don't sparkle, real men defeat dark wizards.

"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends."

chatbot 07:24 - Edward asks, do you ever give relevant answers chatty?
My answer: No
Edward

Postby UniqueAngelStar » Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:33 pm

I like Sudoku and other puzzle games. They are really fun for me!
Such as crossword puzzles and puzzle online games.
ImageImage
[color="DarkOrchid"]@)[/color][color="DarkGreen"]}~`,~[/color][color="DeepSkyBlue"] Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.[/color]
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]Proud member of[/color] MOES!
UniqueAngelStar

Postby Nanao » Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:38 pm

Edward (post: 1477347) wrote:I don't like Sudoku all that much, I prefer Kakuro and Minesweeper.

Kakuro is pretty cool and I like sudoku as well, though it's got a bit boring lately. I tend to like puzzles involving shapes as well ^___^
[color="RoyalBlue"]My help comes from the Lord, maker of heaven and earth.[/color] Psalm 121:2
[color="Pink"]@)[/color][color="Green"]}~`,~[/color] Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.
Nanao

Postby Masquerade1412 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:42 pm

rocklobster (post: 1477331) wrote: Oh, and I'm even including playing puzzle video games like Tetris because a recent study found that those are also just as beneficial as the pencil and paper variety.

Puzzle games?!

I believe a Professor Layton game is in order!
(or just a puzzle...)
Sincerely,
The Last Wizard of the Century
Masquerade1412

Postby Rewin » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:28 pm

Edward (post: 1477347) wrote:I don't like Sudoku all that much, I prefer Kakuro and Minesweeper.

I haven't played much of Kakuro, I like Sudoku and I am addicted to Minesweeper. Other than that I occasionally like Tetris and games like that, but Minesweeper and Sudoku are my favorites.
Mmmmmm, bacon.....
Rewin

Postby Darth_Kirby » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:52 pm

lol I'm wierd. While I like puzzles (just like I like a gizzilion other things) I just don't set aside time for it often. I've been playing a pattern game similar to solitair called Monjung Titans, or something like that. It uses character blocks instead of cards.
Join the Darth side... No really! Join! The pension plan is great and they match all your 401K's!! XD

[color="Cyan"]True freedom is the ability to do what you know is right without fear of persecution.[/color]

[color="Lime"]I finally understand that justice is not born out of the desire for revenge or hatred, but it is born out of love for one’s fellow man.[/color]

Darth_Kirby (post: 1481540) wrote:Ah, the beast of terminology... how many more arguments will you start... XP
Darth_Kirby

Postby Atria35 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:08 am

Darth_Kirby (post: 1483335) wrote:lol I'm wierd. While I like puzzles (just like I like a gizzilion other things) I just don't set aside time for it often. I've been playing a pattern game similar to solitair called Monjung Titans, or something like that. It uses character blocks instead of cards.

Mahjong Titans! My laptop has that.

I actually play sudoku online since there's a site for it, and it's easy to use.
Atria35

Postby Darth_Kirby » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:53 am

Atria35 (post: 1483361) wrote:Mahjong Titans! My laptop has that.

I actually play sudoku online since there's a site for it, and it's easy to use.

Really? What's the website link? I might try that out sometime! :)
P.S. YES!! That was it! Mahjong Titans! Thanks for giving the correct spelling. XD
Join the Darth side... No really! Join! The pension plan is great and they match all your 401K's!! XD

[color="Cyan"]True freedom is the ability to do what you know is right without fear of persecution.[/color]

[color="Lime"]I finally understand that justice is not born out of the desire for revenge or hatred, but it is born out of love for one’s fellow man.[/color]

Darth_Kirby (post: 1481540) wrote:Ah, the beast of terminology... how many more arguments will you start... XP
Darth_Kirby

Postby Atria35 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:33 am

http://www.websudoku.com/

And no prob for the spelling- I'm used to foriegn words by now >.> xD
Atria35

Postby ABlipinTime » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:20 pm

I prefer sudoku over minesweeper, except in the fact that I use up perfectly good pencils that could be used for something else (no, I don't like playing Sudoku on the computer, despite having a program of it).

For a while I wanted to solve a Rubik's cube, but I didn't think it was worth the effort to learn how.
- God is always with us, especially when we feel most alone.
http://ablipintime.deviantart.com/
Htom Sirveaux (post: 1435089) - "We should all start speaking telepathically."
Midori (post: 1457302) "Sometimes, if I try hard, I can speak in English."
(post: 1481465) "Overthinking is an art."
Goldenspines - "Fighting the bad guys and rescuing princesses from trolls and all that. "
ABlipinTime

Postby Winry » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:01 pm

I like Sudoku, crossword puzzles (I'm not very good at these) and those logic problem puzzels. Oh, and the occasional minesweeper game.
"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." 2 Corinthians 12:9

Phantom_Sorano 12:29 - Congrats Winry, you are the first CAA Chat Survivor.
Winry

Return to General