Severe Weather?

Talk about anything in here.

Postby Rusty Claymore » Mon May 30, 2011 10:37 am

Surprisingly, Alaska's weather has been great. Very few rainy days, and have been in the 60-70s for weeks. It hasn't even been overcast for quite some time!
Proverbs 31:32 "...when she watches anime, she keeps the room well lit and sits at a safe distance."
Rusty Claymore

Postby Atria35 » Mon May 30, 2011 10:44 am

We've finally hit the heat. After being about 70 yesterday, it's about 90 today, and we're hitting the 80's all week (expected).

Though I might have to worry about my apartment since the river behind it is flooding- and I am not there to get my books off the ground.
Atria35

Postby ChristianKitsune » Mon May 30, 2011 12:12 pm

Was visiting the parents over the weekend, hit 104 yesterday. But it didn't really feel like it.

And dang, Mech... SNOW?!
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby Ally-Ann » Mon May 30, 2011 2:08 pm

It's 94 degrees here right now. And I LOVE it! :grin:
[color="Lime"]My Fictionpress account[/color]! http://www.fictionpress.com/u/740837/Ally-Ann

[color="Yellow"]My Fanfiction account[/color]! http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2401061/ArmyAngel316

My nicknames! [color="Pink"]~*[/color][color="palegreen"]Ally[/color][color="pink"]*~[/color] [color="white"](>[/color][color="Cyan"]Mochi-chan[/color][color="White"]<)[/color]

I like mochi. ^^

I question my [color="DarkOrchid"]sanity[/color]. (._.)

Operation: Blackout
Ally-Ann

Postby Nate » Mon May 30, 2011 2:37 pm

It's 97 degrees here right now. And I HATE it.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Ally-Ann » Mon May 30, 2011 3:19 pm

Nate (post: 1481950) wrote:It's 97 degrees here right now. And I HATE it.

Why? :3
[color="Lime"]My Fictionpress account[/color]! http://www.fictionpress.com/u/740837/Ally-Ann

[color="Yellow"]My Fanfiction account[/color]! http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2401061/ArmyAngel316

My nicknames! [color="Pink"]~*[/color][color="palegreen"]Ally[/color][color="pink"]*~[/color] [color="white"](>[/color][color="Cyan"]Mochi-chan[/color][color="White"]<)[/color]

I like mochi. ^^

Ally-Ann

Postby Tsukuyomi » Mon May 30, 2011 3:44 pm

I was home alone when the tornado came T_T Or, at least we got a bit of it >_> The rest of my family went to a graduation party that was on top of a hill >_> They saw the funnel clouds forming over them O_O I hid in the bath tub, but thankfully things weren't too bad ^__^ Just lots of wind (strong enough to open the front door), rain, and hail O_O

I've noticed something.. The thunder sounds a bit different from a regular thunderstorm and one that comes in before tornadic weather o.O The booms are more sudden somehow.. It's really weird, but there is a difference o.o

Oh yeah, and there was a train (or what sounded like one) that passed through right as things were picking up >_< Talk about trolling me at the most appropriate time (they say a tornado sounds like a train passing through) xD

PS. Everyone is fine ^__^ My family who was at the grad party ducked out in a barn xD; I guess it was headed more into town (where I was) >_< Although, I heard there was lots of down tree branches up town (which is over the other side of the train tracks) o_o
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby Sheenar » Mon May 30, 2011 4:30 pm

I'm glad to hear you and your family are all okay! So scary. o.o
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby TopazRaven » Mon May 30, 2011 4:33 pm

Wow, that sounds scary as heck! I would have probably had a heart attack and cried like a baby in your situation Tsukuyomi! I'm glad everyone is alright though! :)
For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

NIV, Romans 8:38-39.
TopazRaven

Postby Ally-Ann » Mon May 30, 2011 4:59 pm

[quote="Tsukuyomi (post: 1481963)"]I was home alone when the tornado came T_T Or, at least we got a bit of it >_> The rest of my family went to a graduation party that was on top of a hill >_> They saw the funnel clouds forming over them O_O I hid in the bath tub, but thankfully things weren't too bad ^__^ Just lots of wind (strong enough to open the front door), rain, and hail O_O

I've noticed something.. The thunder sounds a bit different from a regular thunderstorm and one that comes in before tornadic weather o.O The booms are more sudden somehow.. It's really weird, but there is a difference o.o

Oh yeah, and there was a train (or what sounded like one) that passed through right as things were picking up >_< Talk about trolling me at the most appropriate time (they say a tornado sounds like a train passing through) xD

PS. Everyone is fine ^__^ My family who was at the grad party ducked out in a barn xD]

Whoa. That's scary. I'm glad everyone's alright.....

I like mochi. ^^

Ally-Ann

Postby Nate » Mon May 30, 2011 5:12 pm

Ally-Ann wrote:Why? :3

Hmm. Odd, I thought everyone felt that being drenched in sweat was horribly uncomfortable. But since you enjoy it, I guess it wouldn't make sense to you...personally, though, I find being covered in sweat to make myself sticky and uncomfortable, especially when I begin sticking to my computer chair and clothing. I can't imagine anyone thinking that feeling pleasant, but I suppose everyone is different.

Nate

Postby FllMtl Novelist » Mon May 30, 2011 5:34 pm

Supposedly it hit 90 today, and I loved it. Probably because it wasn't too humid.

And that's pretty crazy weather, Mechana. o__o
Hats wrote:"Frodo! Cast off your [s]sins[/s] into the fire!"

EllaEdric 06:53 -IM SO UNEQUIPPED TO BE A MAN ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY.
FllMtl Novelist

Postby mechana2015 » Mon May 30, 2011 7:10 pm

it was 70, clear and sunny today in that same location, 80 at lower altitudes.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby Ally-Ann » Mon May 30, 2011 7:12 pm

Nate (post: 1481978) wrote:Hmm. Odd, I thought everyone felt that being drenched in sweat was horribly uncomfortable. But since you enjoy it, I guess it wouldn't make sense to you...personally, though, I find being covered in sweat to make myself sticky and uncomfortable, especially when I begin sticking to my computer chair and clothing. I can't imagine anyone thinking that feeling pleasant, but I suppose everyone is different.

Meh. I think I'm part snake. \(-~-)/ I've lived in the southern states for so long that I enjoy the intense heat and despise any temperature below 75 degrees.

I like mochi. ^^

Ally-Ann

Postby Nate » Mon May 30, 2011 8:20 pm

75 degrees is when it starts getting too hot for me. 70-50 is perfect weather, and 49-30 is tolerable.

Nate

Postby Sheenar » Mon May 30, 2011 8:31 pm

It's too hot outside when I have to plan to wake up at 7 am so I can go do laundry in the laundry building before it gets too hot outside. After about 10:00, it's already in the mid to high 80s --and there's no A/C in the laundry building.

I can't go do my grocery shopping until after the sun sets --it's way too hot to ride on my scooter to the store until then.
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby Tsukuyomi » Mon May 30, 2011 9:43 pm

Thank you everyone :hug:

It was basically 90 over here :O It's summer already when it's not even summer yet xD

We're supposed to have isolated t-storms tomorrow.. Just as long as it's just t-storms.. I'm ok /o.o\
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby Darth_Kirby » Mon May 30, 2011 9:47 pm

Tsukuyomi (post: 1482024) wrote:Thank you everyone :hug:

It was basically 90 over here :O It's summer already when it's not even summer yet xD

We're supposed to have isolated t-storms tomorrow.. Just as long as it's just t-storms.. I'm ok /o.o\

what are t-storms? Thunder storms? As for the more recent weather in my area, it seems like it's constantly windy now, and a little chilly.

Nate (post: 1482005) wrote:75 degrees is when it starts getting too hot for me. 70-50 is perfect weather, and 49-30 is tolerable.

So you like colder weather Nate?
Join the Darth side... No really! Join! The pension plan is great and they match all your 401K's!! XD

[color="Cyan"]True freedom is the ability to do what you know is right without fear of persecution.[/color]

[color="Lime"]I finally understand that justice is not born out of the desire for revenge or hatred, but it is born out of love for one’s fellow man.[/color]

Darth_Kirby (post: 1481540) wrote:Ah, the beast of terminology... how many more arguments will you start... XP
Darth_Kirby

Postby airichan623 » Mon May 30, 2011 9:57 pm

I'm a midwesterner, so I'm used to tornado warnings, and things have been surprising calm so far this year... though wwaaaaay to cold for summer. It's been like 50 all week/ :P but today it was 90 so that was better. :)

[color="Magenta"][SIZE="4"]愛理ちゃん六二三[/SIZE][/color]

DeviantArt[color="DeepSkyBlue"]~[/color]MAL[color="DeepSkyBlue"]~[/color]Tumblr
airichan623

Postby Nate » Tue May 31, 2011 8:24 pm

Oh, lovely. I was hoping I'd get to cower in fear and be paranoid and stressed out tomorrow!

http://www.weather.com/outlook/weather-news/news/articles/forecast-map-5_2011-04-07

Nate

Postby Furen » Tue May 31, 2011 8:47 pm

IT'S TOO HOT for weather from Canada (40 C so that's about (40 + 12)*2 = 104) it's 104 today, we haven't had that for years...

TOO... HO....T.... (faints)
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby Tsukuyomi » Tue May 31, 2011 9:16 pm

Yup,t-storms=thunderstorms ^^

Its still 80 degrees O_O It always makes me iffy when it's this hot at this time of night ^__^;;
Tsukuyomi

Postby Sheenar » Tue May 31, 2011 9:19 pm

It's 11:21 pm here in Houston and 79 degrees. Too hot. It got up to the mid-90s today.

It won't cool down again until October, they say. o.o

Sheenar

Postby Ally-Ann » Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:37 am

It's still morning here and already the temperature is 89 degrees. It's gonna be hot today! \(^^)/

And I've noticed something weird.... When my feet are cold in my house, even if the temperature is 70 degrees, they go from their usual pinkish color to grayish-blue. 0_0 See? I AM part snake! I NEED the heat!

I like mochi. ^^

Ally-Ann

Postby Xeno » Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:39 am

Ally-Ann (post: 1481991) wrote:Meh. I think I'm part snake. \(-~-)/ I've lived in the southern states for so long that I enjoy the intense heat and despise any temperature below 75 degrees.

I've also lived in the southern states for most of my life (Tennessee, Kentucky, Texas, Alabama, and Oklahoma) and I have to agree with Nate. Heat and humidity suuuuuuuuuuuck. Autumn is where its at, temps in the 70s and low humidity.
Xeno

Postby Ally-Ann » Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:51 am

Xeno (post: 1482216) wrote:I've also lived in the southern states for most of my life (Tennessee, Kentucky, Texas, Alabama, and Oklahoma) and I have to agree with Nate. Heat and humidity suuuuuuuuuuuck. Autumn is where its at, temps in the 70s and low humidity.

The southern states I've lived in are Virginia, North Carolina, and Georgia (The military base in Georgia is basically a swamp.). So, yeah. Lots of humidity. There are days, though, where the humidity levels are low and I can just enjoy the heat. However, I'm starting to get used to the humidity. That still doesn't mean that I like it. I'm just getting used to it. I loved the weather in California when I went to L.A. for a week. It was May, so one day it would be about 65 degrees, the next day it would be 98 degrees. Confusing changes in temperature, but it wasn't humid, so I loved it.

I like mochi. ^^

Ally-Ann

Postby Tamachan319 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:59 pm

It's been lovely the last few days. It was thunderstorming like crazy last week, especially Thursday afternoon. On Thursday, we had some dime-sized hail....which made my study time for finals interesting.
[font="Comic Sans MS"]"You can't get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me."
-C. S. Lewis[/font]
"MOES: Sig. Or sig not. There is no scroll."
According to EllaEdric, my real name is.... "TAMAMAMAMAAMMAAM".

[font="Courier New"]
I love my flute![/font]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Tamachan319

Location: Someplace, somewhere. I'm specific about these things, you see.

Postby Warrior4Christ » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:42 pm

The worst I experienced lately was on-and-off thunderstorms and heavy rain on Tuesday 31st May night, heading west of Amarillo, Texas and on to the New Mexico border.. and very strong winds (sand storm) in New Mexico on the Wednesday.
Everywhere like such as, and MOES.

"Expect great things from God; attempt great things for God." - William Carey
Warrior4Christ

Location: Carefully place an additional prawn on the barbecue

Postby Ally-Ann » Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:57 am

The weather is still nice here, but it's starting to get boring... I need thunderstorms! And a couple tornado watches couldn't hurt... Again, ignore my crazy rambling.

I like mochi. ^^

Ally-Ann

Postby Atria35 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:07 am

While the severe storms everynight have for the most part passed, today it's supposed to be over 100 degrees and humid.

I'm staying inside and drinking plenty of water!
Atria35

Previous Next

Return to General