Girls' favorite anime series?

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Postby solidray2002 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:10 pm

Thanks guys! Because of the many suggestions, we started watching Ouran host club, episode 7 starting and enjoying it! These are great suggestions, also not just for us but anyone else who views this Post! Keep it up! (we are planning on watching Bacanno also and a couple others that were mentioned, one PMed to me, thanks!)
"To live is Christ, to die is gain" Philippians 1:21
solidray2002

Postby adam.skinner » Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:58 am

Which anime was it that your wife watched and disliked?

I'd recommend Nana, Maison Ikkoku, and Asatte no Houkou as "first liners".
adam.skinner

Postby solidray2002 » Sat May 28, 2011 8:29 am

My wife has really enjoyed:
Death note
Full Metal Alchemist
Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom
East of Eden
Cowboy Bebop: movie
Ouran host club

But honestly, suggestions based on the above or even your own opinions if your a lady and why they are your favorite (or if you know a lady's favorite and why is great too). This thread can be for anyone who stumbles upon it and is wondering also, not just for my wife. Thanks guys!
solidray2002

Postby Sapphire225 » Sat May 28, 2011 9:40 am

Seeing as your wife likes more serious and shonen/seinen anime (Ouran excluded), I also would recommend again Darker than Black, Puella Magi Madoka Magica (despite the girly-sounding name, this show is anything BUT girly. You will never look at Magical Girls the same way again), Durarara!!, Full Metal Panic (The first season and The Second Raid, Fumoffu is a comedy that takes place in between, but it is really funny), and the Cowboy Bebop series if she hasn't watched the series and only the movie.
"Because the World isn't as cruel as you take it to be." ~ Celty, Durarara!!

Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."
~Deuteronomy 31:6

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We live in a fantasy world, a world of illusion. The great task in life is to find reality. ~ Iris Murdoch
Sapphire225

Postby solidray2002 » Sat May 28, 2011 9:51 am

We do plan on watching the cowboy bebop series for sure. We are starting the witch hunter robin because of the suggestions and watched the trailer, looks very interesting. I really enjoyed the Darker than Black (she wasn't as big of a fan because of the stand alone episodes so much).
Could you tell me, I've seen the words like "shonen" and "seinen" and not really sure what they mean? Thank you again!
solidray2002

Postby Atria35 » Sat May 28, 2011 10:00 am

Those are words that define the target audience that a show is for

shounen- boys/teen guys
seinen- adult men
shoujo- girls/teen gals
josei- adult women

I'm going to go for something perhaps a bit outside of what you normally watch- Tokyo Magnitude 8.0. Great drama about two kids that need to find their way home after being trapped in Tokyo during an 8.0 earthquake.

Kara no Kyoukai- supernatural thriller. Lots of action, and there is an underlying storyline... it's just that the movies were aired out-of-order, so you need to piece when things happened by clues in the storyline.

Baccano!- mystery/action/supernatural. About the events that are happening aboard the train The Flying Pussyfoot on it's way to Chicago in the 1920's. Different sections are told through different character's eyes. What's happening and why is connected to things that happened a few hundred years ago, and it all ties together.
Atria35

Postby solidray2002 » Sat May 28, 2011 10:05 am

That makes much more sense now to put the words in the context. Thanks atria!
I will have to look up those animes. We started Baccano, my wife enjoyed it, I had a hard time following who was who! But I enjoyed how the story flowed. Still in the beginning episodes.
solidray2002

Previous

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews