school

Talk about anything in here.

school

Postby timothy » Fri May 20, 2011 11:24 am

You know what i wonder why people text during school i mean its just weird to text during school when you can just wait till school gets out
timothy

Postby aliveinHim » Fri May 20, 2011 11:54 am

I just pass notes to my friends in class. It's kinda like texting. My Church History class teacher is trying to teach us uncivilized homeschoolers classroom etiquete.
"And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins, in which you once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience, among whom also we all once conducted ourselves in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, just as the others.
But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, that in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us in Christ Jesus." Ephesians 2:1-7

http://oribichan94.deviantart.com/
aliveinHim

Postby Tsukuyomi » Fri May 20, 2011 12:06 pm

I suppose it's because they're bored xD I'm guilty of having friends who text me during they have classes xD I try not to reply until their class is over though XD;

I had no phone when I was still in school, so no problems there for me xD
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby Furen » Fri May 20, 2011 12:12 pm

People do it because it's there, they don't crack down on it that much, they'll tell you to put it away, or say they'll take it unless you put it away, but people do as people do...
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby Okami » Fri May 20, 2011 1:28 pm

I didn't have texting during high school. But I can understand people's reasonings. The reason why I had my phone at that point in time with me was for emergency purposes, if I needed the family, or if the family needed me. In current-day situations, with having texting, the same can apply. Just texting a buddy something you could discuss in the halls or at lunch, or in a free class (I think we all have the ocassional "teacher doesn't want to teach" days in K-12 education. XD Or basically any time the "cool sub" comes in to teach...) is pretty rude, though. I feel the same way to playing games in class in college - with the exception that you're paying for the class and wasting your money by wasting lecture time playing whatever you find on your browser to entertain you. Ugh.
~*~ Blessed to be Ryosuke's wife!
"We will be her church, the body of Christ coming alive to
meet her needs, to write love on her arms." ~ Jamie Tworkowski
Okami

Postby Nanao » Fri May 20, 2011 3:36 pm

We just Instant Message over the computer... *feels ever so slightly guilty*
[color="RoyalBlue"]My help comes from the Lord, maker of heaven and earth.[/color] Psalm 121:2
[color="Pink"]@)[/color][color="Green"]}~`,~[/color] Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.
Nanao

Postby ADXC » Fri May 20, 2011 3:42 pm

Yeah who needs texting when you have Skype or Facebook. XD
ADXC

Postby TheMewster » Fri May 20, 2011 5:59 pm

ADXC (post: 1480215) wrote:Yeah who needs texting when you have Skype or Facebook. XD

This exactly.

I don't bring my phone to school nor do I have my friends' numbers so this is nothing to worry about for me. :grin:
So the poor has hope, and injustice shuts her mouth. ~Job 5:16 WEB~
For you are my hope, Lord Yahweh; my confidence from my youth. ~Psalm 71:5 WEB~
TheMewster

Return to General