It's mother's day you sons of...

Talk about anything in here.

It's mother's day you sons of...

Postby Falx » Sat May 07, 2011 10:43 pm

...mothers.

So what did you get the old lady?

I'm giving mine a box of rocks.

No really.

[spoiler]She collects pretty stones and she'll be thrilled. We were laughing about how terrible it sounds over the phone a few minutes ago.[/spoiler]
Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me.

神はそのひとり子を賜わったほどに、この世を愛して下さった。それは御子を信じる者がひとりも滅びないで、永遠の命を得るためである.

My MAL Profile. Please check out my Dad's Christian eBook on Facebook.
Falx

Postby mysngoeshere56 » Sat May 07, 2011 11:12 pm

My counselor wanted to help me boost my self-esteem by showing me that I can learn new and important things. So, he came over to my house and taught me how to fix a broken faucet. He even bought all the materials we'd need. Then, I fixed ours as a present for both her and me, and it was his way of showing me that I can do things I never thought I could do before. :)

We also got her some flowers.
-Sno
mysngoeshere56

Postby Darth_Kirby » Sun May 08, 2011 12:55 am

my family is pitching in to get my mom a stone that is similar to a diamond, but lab grown and cheaper too. But it's alot more sparkly than a diamond. :)
Darth_Kirby

Postby Atria35 » Sun May 08, 2011 4:28 am

Nothing. I can't afford anything, and I have to study so badly that I can't even see her this weekend.

But she will be getting a phone call from me, and I'll tell her I love her.
Atria35

Postby rocklobster » Sun May 08, 2011 5:07 am

I got mine 3 flower pots (with flowers in them, of course) and a wind chime with a girl on a swing.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Okami » Sun May 08, 2011 8:48 am

Atria35 (post: 1477521) wrote:Nothing. I can't afford anything, and I have to study so badly that I can't even see her this weekend.

But she will be getting a phone call from me, and I'll tell her I love her.

This. Stinking finals week. :shake:
~*~ Blessed to be Ryosuke's wife!
"We will be her church, the body of Christ coming alive to
meet her needs, to write love on her arms." ~ Jamie Tworkowski
Okami

Postby Midori » Sun May 08, 2011 8:55 am

My mother is in Brazil.
Midori

Postby Sapphire225 » Sun May 08, 2011 9:55 am

Okami (post: 1477544) wrote:This. Stinking finals week. :shake:

You can say that again. I was too broke to buy anything for her today. I came to the mother's day service with her though and told her happy mother's day.
"Because the World isn't as cruel as you take it to be." ~ Celty, Durarara!!

Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."
~Deuteronomy 31:6

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We live in a fantasy world, a world of illusion. The great task in life is to find reality. ~ Iris Murdoch
Sapphire225

Postby shooraijin » Sun May 08, 2011 10:16 am

I got Mom a brass India teapot. She collects them.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Nate » Sun May 08, 2011 10:24 am

I'm just gonna take my mom out to dinner. Nothing too big, but I'm sure she'll enjoy it.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby ShiroiHikari » Sun May 08, 2011 11:48 am

I hate holidays. We're trying to save money and we have like four people that we'd have to give Mother's Day gifts to. My mom is getting a phonecall, my stepmom is getting a coffee mug, and my husband's mom and grandmother are getting cards.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Xeno » Sun May 08, 2011 11:51 am

I gave my mom an iPod Shuffle (she actually got it from me on Tuesday) for when she exercises. If she was in town I'd take her out to dinner or something like that too.
Xeno

Postby Ally-Ann » Sun May 08, 2011 12:19 pm

My dad, brother, and I got my mom a new coffee maker and a card. She wanted a new coffee maker in the worst way. :P
[color="Lime"]My Fictionpress account[/color]! http://www.fictionpress.com/u/740837/Ally-Ann

[color="Yellow"]My Fanfiction account[/color]! http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2401061/ArmyAngel316

My nicknames! [color="Pink"]~*[/color][color="palegreen"]Ally[/color][color="pink"]*~[/color] [color="white"](>[/color][color="Cyan"]Mochi-chan[/color][color="White"]<)[/color]

I like mochi. ^^

I question my [color="DarkOrchid"]sanity[/color]. (._.)

Operation: Blackout
Ally-Ann

Postby Nanao » Sun May 08, 2011 3:14 pm

A card and a Barnes and Noble gift card. I get my book addiction from her I think ^___^
[color="RoyalBlue"]My help comes from the Lord, maker of heaven and earth.[/color] Psalm 121:2
[color="Pink"]@)[/color][color="Green"]}~`,~[/color] Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.
Nanao

Postby acgifford » Sun May 08, 2011 5:00 pm

I got her a pedometer/calorie counter for her.:D I hope she likes it.
[color="Lime"]"Do or do not, there is no try." Yoda[/color]
[color="DarkOrange"]Psalm32: 1 Blessed is he whose transgressions are forgiven, whose sins are covered.[/color]
Proud member of MOES!! You better believe I have no scrolling.^_~
[color="Blue"]Doctor Who fan!! [/color]:jump:
[color="Yellow"]"Dare to read, think, speak and write." John Adams[/color]
[color="Pink"]Proud Member of the SisterHoos! ^^[/color]
[color="Red"]Vash the Stampede: I meditate diligently every morning. The subject is Life and Love. I quit after three seconds.[/color]
acgifford

Postby TheMewster » Sun May 08, 2011 5:06 pm

Got mom a card with seeds in it---she enjoys gardening. Oh, and I'm a DAUGHTER of a mother, thank you very much.
So the poor has hope, and injustice shuts her mouth. ~Job 5:16 WEB~
For you are my hope, Lord Yahweh; my confidence from my youth. ~Psalm 71:5 WEB~
TheMewster

Postby Yuki-Anne » Sun May 08, 2011 6:34 pm

My mother is in America. I didn't get her anything, and thanks to the time difference and how busy I am, I didn't get to call her. :( But she and Dad did visit me for the first time ever this past week and the week before that, so does guiding them around Tokyo and being their translator for two weeks count?
New and improved Yuki-Anne: now with blog: http://anneinjapan.blog.com
Yuki-Anne

Postby Nozomi » Sun May 08, 2011 6:49 pm

Well, took my parents to the airport yesterday mornin' and they're on vacation for the next 2 weeks in GA/NC/SC (while I dog/house-sit... not much difference because I live with them, but I am on my own for the time being... with my dog and a porch cat), so I too am... physically motherless for today.

I did call her today though... and I gave her the gift for it early: a couple of shells for decorating our twig (old family tradition, it gets decorated each month of the year), and a nice (and expensive) pop-up card. Later this summer, we're hoping to go to the Hollywood Bowl for some performance or other (haven't picked an event yet).

And of course she's been on my mind a lot today.
There is always hope in the Lord for those who seek it.
Live each day as if it were your first, not your last.
Nozomi

Postby Furen » Sun May 08, 2011 10:10 pm

my dad bought her a kitchen aid, I got her three add ons, now I gotta get the other present, because I can't decide if that was the mother's day gift, or her birthday gift... well she's got three special days in a row this year... birthday, mom's day, aniversary.
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby ADXC » Sun May 08, 2011 11:50 pm

Since I was away at college, I just simply gave her the gift of my voice. XDD

Ok, I'm not THAT conceited. But I did give her a ring to give her my best wishes.
ADXC

Postby TopazRaven » Mon May 09, 2011 9:55 am

I felt really bad, but I didn't get my mom anything. We basically just spent the day together. I'm broke. Her birthday is coming up soon this month to, I need to think of something I can do for that in least!
For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

NIV, Romans 8:38-39.
TopazRaven

Postby FllMtl Novelist » Tue May 10, 2011 4:59 pm

I loaded the Looney Tunes What's Opera, Doc? for her and showed her on Friday (when I was at the library).

On Sunday I did a terrible "Thanks for being a wonderful mother" sentence or two. And later I told her I loved her (which I never do because I just don't normally say things like that).
Hats wrote:"Frodo! Cast off your [s]sins[/s] into the fire!"

EllaEdric 06:53 -IM SO UNEQUIPPED TO BE A MAN ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY.
FllMtl Novelist

Return to General