Adventures in Odyssey

Talk about anything in here.

Adventures in Odyssey

Postby aliveinHim » Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:14 pm

I used to (and still do sometimes) listen to Adventures in Odyssey. We have a tape that we listen to a million times when we go on long car trips. Who else used to or still listens to it?
"And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins, in which you once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience, among whom also we all once conducted ourselves in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, just as the others.
But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, that in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us in Christ Jesus." Ephesians 2:1-7

http://oribichan94.deviantart.com/
aliveinHim

Postby Sheenar » Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:20 pm

I used to listen to it on Sat. mornings. Fun stories --I liked it.
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby Hitomi » Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:20 pm

I do I love it! Tho its sad I can't listen to it much cuz we moved and we don't have the radio station T^T
Hitomi

Postby ChristianKitsune » Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:23 pm

Oh woow is that show still being recorded at all? I remember it would be on every weekday at 7pm on the radio XD. I liked it but I don't think I was ever like "ZOMGOSH! AiO! I would listen to it casually even as a kid xD.

I remember Connie and Dr. Whitaker and...who was the red haired guy with the glasses? Eugene?
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby Furen » Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:28 pm

It's on every day at 4 on our local christian radio in Ontario, and if I can I listen
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby Davidizer13 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:53 pm

I don't listen to it much anymore, but I still like it a lot - it's the best example of how to do something Christian-centric well. It's entertaining without being horribly preachy or predictable, avoiding falling into the traps most other Christian media does. It hit its peak in the whole Novacom plot a few years back, but after that, it's kinda lost its edge, unfortunately.
We are loved even though we suck.

Psalms 37:37 (NHEB)
Mark the perfect man, and see the upright, for there is a future for the man of peace.
Davidizer13

Postby aliveinHim » Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:53 pm

ChristianKitsune (post: 1472996) wrote:Oh woow is that show still being recorded at all? I remember it would be on every weekday at 7pm on the radio XD. I liked it but I don't think I was ever like "ZOMGOSH! AiO! I would listen to it casually even as a kid xD.

I remember Connie and Dr. Whitaker and...who was the red haired guy with the glasses? Eugene?

Yes! Eugene was the best character ever!!!!!!! When we were in CO Springs, we never went to Focus on the Family for some reason. All my friends were mad at me. A long time ago, after Hank Hannegraff, we would sit in the kitchen and listen to AiO. When we'd listen to the same tape over and over, we eventually drove Padre crazy and he turned off the radio in the car.
"And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins, in which you once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience, among whom also we all once conducted ourselves in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, just as the others.
But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, that in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us in Christ Jesus." Ephesians 2:1-7

http://oribichan94.deviantart.com/
aliveinHim

Postby mysngoeshere56 » Thu May 05, 2011 8:03 pm

Oh wow! I remember this from soooooooo long ago... I don't remember all that much of it because I was never super into it, but I heard/watched a lot of it at church and school. I think I got a tape of it in a kids' meal from somewhere once...
-Sno
mysngoeshere56

Postby Yuki-Anne » Thu May 05, 2011 10:05 pm

I was actually just thinking about this. Used to listen every Saturday morning. *nostalgia*
New and improved Yuki-Anne: now with blog: http://anneinjapan.blog.com
Yuki-Anne

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Fri May 06, 2011 3:52 pm

I never really listened to it on the radio, but I listened to all the tapes my cousins lent me about five times each. I used to be really into it.
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Postby ShiroiHikari » Fri May 06, 2011 4:02 pm

We listened to one of the tapes at school once, but I never listened to it other than that. I don't remember much about it.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Return to General