Doctor Who Fans?

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby ich1990 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:56 pm

I forgot to mention it earlier, but I take back what I said about Matt Smith. He is a fully solid doc. Specifically, he can pull off the inquisitive-explorer-with-eccentric-jokes quite well. Despite his insistence, however, I have a very hard time with calling him a "space Gandalf", because he can't seem to pull off serious or brooding. Tennant had that one in spades, and Smith can't hope to compete.

Other than that, I should also mention that Amy is the best companion so far in the reboot. By about ten orders of magnitude. Seriously. I can see why people who started in season five are having so much trouble going back to watch the seasons before it; the companions are just terrible by comparison.

Season five was a very good season, and season six promises much. I hope it can deliver.
Where an Eidolon, named night, on a black throne reigns upright.
ich1990

Postby battletech » Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:46 pm

New Doctor Who on BBC America April 23.
[img]http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k615/bluebattletech/amuro_ray_emblem1_zps864eefb8.png[/img]
Gundam fan for life.
battletech

Postby FllMtl Novelist » Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:48 pm

I can't wait. Especially after watching the trailer. :D
Hats wrote:"Frodo! Cast off your [s]sins[/s] into the fire!"

EllaEdric 06:53 -IM SO UNEQUIPPED TO BE A MAN ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY.
FllMtl Novelist

Postby MomentOfInertia » Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:45 am

battletech (post: 1468933) wrote:New Doctor Who on BBC America April 23.

That's tonight in case anybody forgot.
I can't wait.....

Also I've been told they are Marathon-ing last season today as well.
MAL - CAA MAL club - Avatar from Hyouka
"DaughterOfZion 06:19 - forget love, fudge conquers all. xD"
"Written assignments are never finished, only due." -me
-Speak not unless you can improve the silence.-
MOES: Members Observing Efficient Sigs
MomentOfInertia

Postby Kung_Fu_Master » Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:00 pm

First Episode. And I have to ask. Why do we have to wait another week?
World Domination or Bust :thumb:
Kung_Fu_Master

Location: In the Animation department at school with hours of homework.

Postby Xeno » Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:08 pm

Series 6 premiere was brilliant. Can't wait for next Saturday to get here. Didn't much care for how the show was broken up with commercials though. I'm always worried they've cut parts out to make it fit American tv broadcasting standards.
Xeno

Postby Htom Sirveaux » Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:38 pm

I don't get BBC America on my TV, so I gotta wait until episodes become available on the Playstation Store. :(
If this post seems too utterly absurd or ridiculous to be taken seriously, don't. :)
Htom Sirveaux

Postby K. Ayato » Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:39 pm

Gah! Cliff-hanger!
K. Ayato: What happens if you press the small red button?

*Explosion goes off in the movie*

mechana2015: Does that answer your question?

K. Ayato: Perfectly.

Prayer sister of kaji, sticksabuser, Angel37, and Doubleshadow --Love you guys! :)
K. Ayato

Postby TGJesusfreak » Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:50 pm

I FREAKIN HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS! Man I am excited for this new season. Our entire family has been freaking out about it. XD I have seen the previews of it on youtube... it looks to be as epic as all the other seasons. XD
TGJesusfreak

Location: USA... Earth... the milky way galaxy... the universe...

Postby FllMtl Novelist » Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:53 pm

Yay, it's back! 8D I can't wait 'til next week! :3

FllMtl Novelist

Postby c.t.,girl » Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:48 am

haha my dad and i are huge fans...it was hilarious how after the show he was trying to figure out how to wrap his brain around the time travel of this episode. i had to explain it to him very carefully because he kept getting upset at how he couldn't understand. XD
[color="DarkOrange"]"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things... hey... the good things don't always soften the bad things; but vice-versa the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant." -11th Doctor

"The advice I like to give young artists, or really anybody who’ll listen to me, is not to wait around for inspiration. Inspiration is for amateurs; the rest of us just show up and get to work. If you wait around for the clouds to part and a bolt of lightning to strike you in the brain, you are not going to make an awful lot of work. All the best ideas come out of the process; they come out of the work itself. Things occur to you. If you’re sitting around trying to dream up a great art idea, you can sit there a long time before anything happens. But if you just get to work, something will occur to you and something else will occur to you and something else that you reject will push you in another direction. Inspiration is absolutely unnecessary and somehow deceptive. You feel like you need this great idea before you can get down to work, and I find that’s almost never the case." - Chuck Close[/color]
c.t.,girl

Postby Nami » Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:41 am

I need to get to my library and watch the first episode of season 32~! Er, season 6 ^^;
[color="Red"][SIZE="3"]Swiftly Dissin' and never Missin'.
Yours Truly,
Sick of all the BSin'.[/SIZE][/color]
Nami

Location: Sitting in a tree, waiting for you. *sinister grin*

Postby Kung_Fu_Master » Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:42 pm

INB4 the end of episode 2

[spoiler] This is great with the silence and all but I don't understand any of this.[/spoiler]

Edit: And I fell awesome for being an American.
World Domination or Bust :thumb:
Kung_Fu_Master

Location: In the Animation department at school with hours of homework.

Postby TGJesusfreak » Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:01 pm

just saw episode 1 of the new season. Loved it. It was very thought provokng. XD

One thing i love about doctor who is how they really give you the feeling of what the time stream would really be like. it wouldnt all be linear y'know? It's just cool the way they do things. XD!
TGJesusfreak

Location: USA... Earth... the milky way galaxy... the universe...

Postby FllMtl Novelist » Sun May 01, 2011 7:48 pm

Because I get BBC America, I've seen the first two episodes this season.

[spoiler]I'm looking forward to the pirates next episode. And the Silents ("Silence?") are awesome. [/spoiler]
TGJesusfreak (post: 1475716) wrote:One thing i love about doctor who is how they really give you the feeling of what the time stream would really be like. it wouldnt all be linear y'know? It's just cool the way they do things. XD!

I like that, too. Makes it hard to explain to confused people, though--you end up using words like "the future version of so-and-so got there first", which sound... ludicrous. XD

Question for a mod: Is it alright to discuss current episodes here, or should another thread be made?

FllMtl Novelist

Postby Yuki-Anne » Thu May 05, 2011 2:38 am

got the two new eps off of itunes.

HOLY CRAP THIS SEASON IS AWESOME. I love how the hokiness of the show just kind of faded away. I loved Tennant and Eccleston but there was a lot in their seasons that was just plain corny. I love the darker Doctor and how it's scarier than it's ever been before.
New and improved Yuki-Anne: now with blog: http://anneinjapan.blog.com
Yuki-Anne

Postby K. Ayato » Thu May 05, 2011 7:55 am

I think I got my husband hooked on the new season (Season 6). Last week we watched the first episode, then the one aired for that week. When he saw the preview for this week's episode with the pirates, he got excited :D.

Prayer sister of kaji, sticksabuser, Angel37, and Doubleshadow --Love you guys! :)
K. Ayato

Postby Radical Dreamer » Thu May 05, 2011 12:36 pm

Yuki-Anne (post: 1476781) wrote:got the two new eps off of itunes.

HOLY CRAP THIS SEASON IS AWESOME. I love how the hokiness of the show just kind of faded away. I loved Tennant and Eccleston but there was a lot in their seasons that was just plain corny. I love the darker Doctor and how it's scarier than it's ever been before.

Agreed SO MUCH. XD I love the new season so far, and I love how Steven Moffat is taking the show in a super creepy and suspenseful direction, while still remaining 100% witty and Doctor-like. XD I'm glad how much they've been focusing on plot this season, too. I haven't gotten to theorize about a show since Lost ended, and getting to do that with all of the crazy things Doctor Who is throwing at us this season has been super fun. XD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby rocklobster » Thu May 05, 2011 1:15 pm

Hmm, sometimes they refer to classic stuff, so maybe this will be the season they do something with more than one doctor again.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Maledicte » Thu May 05, 2011 6:43 pm

Omg latest episode:

[spoiler]The little girl is a Time Lord?? And somehow also Amy's baby?!?!?!?[/spoiler]

Also, Canton Everett Delaware III is my new favorite character. He probably won't show up again, but he's awesome.
Maledicte

Postby Yuki-Anne » Thu May 05, 2011 7:18 pm

Did you know that old Canton Everette Delaware III and young Canton Everett Delaware III are played by a father and son? I didn't actually know that W Morgan Sheppard and Mark Sheppard were related, but it makes sense.

Also

[spoiler]Are the Silence creepy or WHAT?! This isn't the last we're going to see of Canton or the Silence, I think. They're just way too creepy, and Canton is too good a character. I can't wait to see how they resolve the problem of the Doctor dying for good. He just... can't! They can't make Matt Smith the last regeneration... can they? I mean... it's DOCTOR WHO! It's been going for longer than any of us have been alive. They can't end it with Matt Smith. They just can't!

Also, who do you think is in the suit? My personal theory is that it's River. She did seem really surprised when he died, but think about the whole prison thing and the fact that they keep hinting she killed someone and not saying who it was. Or maybe...

*GASP*

What if the little girl is RIVER?!

No, no, it can't be. There's so much she doesn't know, so it doesn't make sense because all this stuff would have been in her past.

Unless her memory is wiped because she was under the influence of the Silence. In which case, she might be arrested for killing the Doctor, and yet not remember any of it.

Maybe the girl's regenerative energy will be used in some way to bring the doctor back.

Sorry, I'm going crazy with theories right now... XD[/spoiler]
Yuki-Anne

Postby Maledicte » Thu May 05, 2011 9:13 pm

These opening episodes were mean. I mean:
[spoiler] The Doctor himself dies within the first 10 minutes of the premiere episode. Amy shoots a little girl at the very end.

Amy and Rory get shot at the beginning of the second episode. I know they pop up right back and weren't hurt at all, but...Mean Stephen Moffat! Mean![/spoiler]
And the Silence are creepy. When they first showed up and you barely get a good glance at them, I thought, "oh, Area 51 aliens, haha" but then you actually get to see their faces....
[spoiler]OMG SILENCE SLEEPING LIKE BATS ON THE CEILING!!!!!

And what on earth did they want with an astronaut suit? Maybe they were making like a mini-Pandorica for the little girl?[/spoiler]
And I won't spoil, but Canton and Nixon's last little bit of dialogue was hilarious. Canton rocks my world.
Maledicte

Postby Yuki-Anne » Thu May 05, 2011 10:07 pm

Somehow, right from the start, I just knew...

[spoiler]...that Canton had been kicked out of the FBI for being gay. Maybe that's just because they love casting Mark Sheppard as surprisingly manly homosexuals.[/spoiler]
Yuki-Anne

Postby Radical Dreamer » Thu May 05, 2011 10:12 pm

Yuki-Anne (post: 1476974) wrote:Did you know that old Canton Everette Delaware III and young Canton Everett Delaware III are played by a father and son? I didn't actually know that W Morgan Sheppard and Mark Sheppard were related, but it makes sense.

I feel like they do this a lot, actually. XD The little girl who plays the young Amy Pond is actually Karen Gillan's cousin. XD

[spoiler]Also, who do you think is in the suit? My personal theory is that it's River. She did seem really surprised when he died, but think about the whole prison thing and the fact that they keep hinting she killed someone and not saying who it was. Or maybe...

*GASP*

What if the little girl is RIVER?!

No, no, it can't be. There's so much she doesn't know, so it doesn't make sense because all this stuff would have been in her past.

Unless her memory is wiped because she was under the influence of the Silence. In which case, she might be arrested for killing the Doctor, and yet not remember any of it.[/spoiler]

[SPOILER]Oh, I definitely think it's River in the suit. After seeing a couple of the new episodes, I went back and watched a few episodes in series 5, and the conversations River has with some of the characters in The Time of Angels and Flesh and Stone definitely indicate her possibly killing the Doctor in her future. I have no idea why, as there's also a lot there to suggest a romance in their future too, but a lot of the dialogue not only suggests that the Doctor would distrust her if he "knew who she was," but also that she killed a man, and that the man she killed was the "best she ever knew." So something tells me there's definitely a possibility that she did kill the Doctor, or at least that's what they seem to be hinting towards. XD

On other theories, I've been thinking about Amy's Sometimes-Pregnant status, and I think it's either one of two things: an Amy from another dimension is pregnant, and the dimensions are crossing over, or Amy's baby is the little Time Lord girl we saw at the end of episode true, and Amy is only Sometimes-Pregnant because her baby is actually time traveling. Crazy! XD[/SPOILER]

Anyways, those are my theories for now. XD I feel like River using all these spoiler tags. XD
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Yuki-Anne » Fri May 06, 2011 2:48 am

[spoiler]Yeah, I was definitely thinking, "Gotta be River" when they didn't show who was in the suit. But WHY would she kill the Doctor?

Hmm... the baby itself time traveling... that is an interesting idea. I don't know about the alternate dimension pregnant Amy theory... It is interesting...

Maybe something from the TARDIS is affecting her pregnancy, causing her baby to have TimeLord-esque properties. Or maybe her baby somehow IS a Timelord... O_O[/spoiler]
Yuki-Anne

Postby K. Ayato » Fri May 06, 2011 4:35 am

River says it best. "Spoilers!" ;)

K. Ayato

Postby GeneD » Fri May 06, 2011 8:45 am

I just stopped by to say that I unreasonably hate the lot of you right now for having access to new Doctor Who.

Now I leave before the temptation of spoilers gets too much.
I don't know what broke to make you like this, but I must be broken too if I'm standing here praising your destructiveness. -Rock (Black Lagoon)

As I had encountered kindness, I wanted to be kind myself. -Takashi Natsume (Natsume's Book of Friends)

MAL
Twitter
MOES: Promoting sane sigs.
GeneD

Postby Maledicte » Fri May 06, 2011 7:02 pm

[spoiler]Just throwing it out - what if it's a young River who kills the Doctor? That's her first (and his last) ever meeting...I don't know, just throwing it out there.[/spoiler]
Maledicte

Postby Yuki-Anne » Wed May 11, 2011 5:16 pm

So. The Curse of the Black Spot. Thoughts?

[spoiler]I thought it was a pretty weak episode. No, scratch that, I thought it was a REALLY weak episode. It succumbed to numerous writing cliches, the most heinous being... CPR. REALLY?!? You're goint to pull the CPR thing? And then, let me guess, after she stops, he splutters and coughs and... yep, right on cue. Such a stupid plot twist. I mean, it was like, if the artificial nurse is intelligent, why not just TELL HER TO REMOVE THE EFFING WATER FROM RORY'S LUNGS?! Sooooo dumb.[/spoiler]
Yuki-Anne

Postby Radical Dreamer » Wed May 11, 2011 8:10 pm

Yuki-Anne (post: 1478381) wrote:So. The Curse of the Black Spot. Thoughts?

[spoiler]I thought it was a pretty weak episode. No, scratch that, I thought it was a REALLY weak episode. It succumbed to numerous writing cliches, the most heinous being... CPR. REALLY?!? You're goint to pull the CPR thing? And then, let me guess, after she stops, he splutters and coughs and... yep, right on cue. Such a stupid plot twist. I mean, it was like, if the artificial nurse is intelligent, why not just TELL HER TO REMOVE THE EFFING WATER FROM RORY'S LUNGS?! Sooooo dumb.[/spoiler]

[Spoiler]Yeah, I thought the flow of the episode suffered quite a bit. There were certain scenes that I really enjoyed (namely, Rory gushing after being hit with the siren's song, as well as the Doctor finding the TARDIS on the ship XDD), but Rory dying all of the time has turned into something of a joke, quite literally. XD I've seen SO many memes and jokes about Rory dying so often in the last week--this being my favorite: http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ll0h2k8L3n1qbgimpo1_500.jpg . XD[/spoiler]

Anyways, I found the episode enjoyable, though certainly not the best. XD I am definitely excited for this week's Neil Gaiman episode, though!

Radical Dreamer

Previous Next

Return to General Entertainment