Cool, huh?

Talk about anything in here.

Cool, huh?

Postby aliveinHim » Wed May 04, 2011 5:44 am

Did you know that Vic Mignogna is a Christian? He's Edward Elric from FMA, Tamaki Suoh from Ouran High School Host Club, and other shows. I can't say that I 100% agree with him on everything but I think it's amazing how he's done church services at anime cons. I hope he comes to Anime USA this November.
"And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins, in which you once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience, among whom also we all once conducted ourselves in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, just as the others.
But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, that in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us in Christ Jesus." Ephesians 2:1-7

http://oribichan94.deviantart.com/
aliveinHim

Postby Atria35 » Wed May 04, 2011 5:58 am

I think everyone on this site knows that! xD
Atria35

Postby Sapphire225 » Wed May 04, 2011 5:59 am

Its actually a common fact among anime fans and those on CAA. If I recall correctly, this site even had an activity that involved him long before I was a member. but yeah, it is a cool fact.
"Because the World isn't as cruel as you take it to be." ~ Celty, Durarara!!

Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."
~Deuteronomy 31:6

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We live in a fantasy world, a world of illusion. The great task in life is to find reality. ~ Iris Murdoch
Sapphire225

Postby Ally-Ann » Wed May 04, 2011 6:03 am

Atria35 (post: 1476523) wrote:I think everyone on this site knows that! xD

I didn't~
[color="Lime"]My Fictionpress account[/color]! http://www.fictionpress.com/u/740837/Ally-Ann

[color="Yellow"]My Fanfiction account[/color]! http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2401061/ArmyAngel316

My nicknames! [color="Pink"]~*[/color][color="palegreen"]Ally[/color][color="pink"]*~[/color] [color="white"](>[/color][color="Cyan"]Mochi-chan[/color][color="White"]<)[/color]

I like mochi. ^^

I question my [color="DarkOrchid"]sanity[/color]. (._.)

Operation: Blackout
Ally-Ann

Postby ADXC » Wed May 04, 2011 6:19 am

Yeah, this is kinda old news, but still very cool.

I actually met and got to talk with Vic for about 10 minutes at Animazement a couple of years ago. He's an awesome dude and very funny!!!
ADXC

Postby Fish and Chips » Wed May 04, 2011 6:29 am

This may be the oldest new thread I have ever seen.
Fish and Chips

Postby Nami » Wed May 04, 2011 6:29 am

Yeah, I knew this waaay back when I first became an anime/manga nut. I was 14 I believe. ^_^ Vic's pretty cool.

Fish and Chips (post: 1476533) wrote:This may be the oldest new thread I have ever seen.

This made me chuckle.
[color="Red"][SIZE="3"]Swiftly Dissin' and never Missin'.
Yours Truly,
Sick of all the BSin'.[/SIZE][/color]
Nami

Location: Sitting in a tree, waiting for you. *sinister grin*

Postby shooraijin » Wed May 04, 2011 6:38 am

Vic did an interactive chat here once. We should probably resurrect that, it went really well.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Okami » Wed May 04, 2011 6:38 am

Ally-Ann (post: 1476525) wrote:I didn't~

ADXC (post: 1476528) wrote:Yeah, this is kinda old news, but still very cool.

I think it's probably more old news to us older members. We have this conversation every once in a while...that much I do know. Vic remains to be one of my favorite VAs. :)
~*~ Blessed to be Ryosuke's wife!
"We will be her church, the body of Christ coming alive to
meet her needs, to write love on her arms." ~ Jamie Tworkowski
Okami

Postby Sapphire225 » Wed May 04, 2011 6:43 am

shooraijin (post: 1476535) wrote:Vic did an interactive chat here once. We should probably resurrect that, it went really well.

Ah, so that was what it was. And I would greatly appreciate it if it were ressurected.

Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We live in a fantasy world, a world of illusion. The great task in life is to find reality. ~ Iris Murdoch
Sapphire225

Postby Nami » Wed May 04, 2011 6:44 am

Sapphire225 (post: 1476539) wrote:Ah, so that was what it was. And I would greatly appreciate it if it were ressurected.

I was here when that happened, but my mom wouldn't let me chat >3> I would love to have it resurrected.
[color="Red"][SIZE="3"]Swiftly Dissin' and never Missin'.
Yours Truly,
Sick of all the BSin'.[/SIZE][/color]
Nami

Location: Sitting in a tree, waiting for you. *sinister grin*

Postby broly146 » Wed May 04, 2011 7:26 am

I didn't know that! :P
It's not whether you can or can't do it, it is if you do it or not. Nothing comes easy in this world, especially a job or money. I rely on Jesus to get me through these hard times of persecution.
broly146

Postby UniqueAngelStar » Wed May 04, 2011 8:04 am

Wow! I kinda knew Vic Micnoga as a voice actor since a few years ago. He's seems to be a pretty awesome guy. I really want to meet him in person one day.

But I knew there was threads way before I joined here. But it good to hear others likers about him here because I'm curious.
ImageImage
[color="DarkOrchid"]@)[/color][color="DarkGreen"]}~`,~[/color][color="DeepSkyBlue"] Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.[/color]
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]Proud member of[/color] MOES!
UniqueAngelStar

Postby Seto_Sora » Wed May 04, 2011 8:24 am

Whoa! Totally cool! I didn't know that either... but with my luck, my Al probably did. >.>

SDG
This

Seto_Sora

Postby Roy Mustang » Wed May 04, 2011 9:08 am

shooraijin wrote:Vic did an interactive chat here once. We should probably resurrect that, it went really well.

The last time that I talk to him, which was about two years ago, he said that he would love to do another interactive chat with CAA.
Roy Mustang

Postby Hitomi » Wed May 04, 2011 9:17 am

That is cool! I didnt know he was one, and it would be awesome to have that chat again!
Hitomi

Postby Winry » Wed May 04, 2011 9:18 am

I'm really excited because Vic is going to be one of the guests at Anime Expo this year. Yay! =D Maybe I'll get to meet him. Would be awesome!
"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." 2 Corinthians 12:9

Phantom_Sorano 12:29 - Congrats Winry, you are the first CAA Chat Survivor.
Winry

Postby Yamamaya » Wed May 04, 2011 9:27 am

The only thing I know about Vic Mcherpderp is that he looks dead sexy in a miniskirt.

On a srs note, it's old news but definitely cool.
Yamamaya

Postby Atria35 » Wed May 04, 2011 10:12 am

Yamamaya (post: 1476581) wrote:The only thing I know about Vic Mcherpderp is that he looks dead sexy in a miniskirt.

xDD I need to see that.

I was lucky enough to go to an Ouran Host Club panel that he was on. He sang 'happy birthday' to someone, and it was awesome.
Atria35

Postby ChristianKitsune » Wed May 04, 2011 10:15 am

Why...do people call Vic Mcherpderp? It's really annoying ^^;

Anyway yes! He did a chat with us way back in 06 I believe it was really cool!
I've met him twice back in 2007, he did some sermons at the anime cons I Went to, they were really great.

He said something along the lines, "Understanding God is like an ant trying to understand a 747, we just can't get it entirely."

Pretty cool dude, if ya ask me. :)
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby Yamamaya » Wed May 04, 2011 10:29 am

[quote="ChristianKitsune (post: 1476585)"]Why...do people call Vic Mcherpderp? It's really annoying ^^]

It's a silly reference to this vid Vic made with LittleKuriboh.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaFp2MwE9Qs
Yamamaya

Postby ADXC » Wed May 04, 2011 10:35 am

@ Yama-OH YEAH! I remember that. Soooooooooooooo funny. lol

I've mispronounced Vic's last name all the time in the past.
ADXC

Postby ChristianKitsune » Wed May 04, 2011 10:39 am

Ahahaha no wonder its annoying out of context XD.
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby Nate » Wed May 04, 2011 10:47 am

Yuri Lowenthal!

Hey, the Persona 3 theme is playing during the con info. That's kind of funny, since Yuri Lowenthal AND Vic Mignona were both in that game.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby GeneD » Wed May 04, 2011 11:13 am

Yamamaya (post: 1476591) wrote:It's a silly reference to this vid Vic made with LittleKuriboh.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaFp2MwE9Qs
This is the only reason I know how to actually pronounce Vic's surname and also the reason I will never actually pronounce it that way. :P
I don't know what broke to make you like this, but I must be broken too if I'm standing here praising your destructiveness. -Rock (Black Lagoon)

As I had encountered kindness, I wanted to be kind myself. -Takashi Natsume (Natsume's Book of Friends)

MAL
Twitter
MOES: Promoting sane sigs.
GeneD

Postby Sapphire225 » Wed May 04, 2011 12:36 pm

I thought it was Vic Micnanana (du duu du du du!)

Sapphire225

Postby Wolf-man » Wed May 04, 2011 4:07 pm

Vic is a great guy! I met him at Zenkaikon (So awesome!!!) and he is so great with his fans. Not stuck up or anything. He will sign anything you want and will always take pictures with you. I really hope he goes to Otakon. He is so open about his faith too. Which is really awesome.
Wolf-man

Postby Tsukuyomi » Wed May 04, 2011 4:19 pm

Another interactive chat would be so great ^O^ I was a member here when that happened, but I was using library computers, so wasn't on at the time it happened ;___;
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby mechana2015 » Wed May 04, 2011 4:32 pm

I've met him briefly after a panel at AX. Nice guy.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby Lynna » Wed May 04, 2011 4:42 pm

Vic had an interactive chat thingy here? THAT IS SOOOO COOL! HE'S ACTUALLY HEARD ABOUT US HERE!
I knew he was a christian,though. He's an awesome dude
And oon another note, don't expect to agree with other christians 100% of the time. I've had many disagreements with other people on ths site, but I'm m actually glad they don't all agree with me because it's taught me to accept the different beliefs of other christians, even if I don't agree with them ^_^
I Believe in the Sun/Even when It's not shining/I belive in Love/Even When I Don't Feel it/And I Believe in God/Even when He is silent/And I, I Believe ---BarlowGirl
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks To All The CAA Moderators
DeviantArttumblrBeneath The Tangles
Avatar (lovingly) taken from The Silver Eye webcomic
Lynna

Next

Return to General