Favorite Time era/decade/century?

Talk about anything in here.

Postby Nate » Mon May 02, 2011 10:06 pm

thisiskris89 wrote:it was still a nicer time none the less. compared to now anyways haha^^

Anyone who isn't white would severely disagree with your assessment that the 50s and 60s were a nicer time compared to now.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Ante Bellum » Mon May 02, 2011 10:15 pm

I couldn't live in any time other than this. We're living at the peak of life and it's only going up. Sure, there are improvements that need to be made, but it's getting better.
...Right?
Ante Bellum

Postby Wolf-man » Mon May 02, 2011 10:27 pm

Ok I think this topic is getting a little too much like a "this time isn't that great" rant. Come on guys. If someone likes a certain time period you don't have to post replies about how awful that time was. No time was good they all have problems just some we like more than others.
Wolf-man

Postby Nate » Mon May 02, 2011 11:03 pm

Sorry if my posts come off as a "this time isn't that great" type thing. I honestly don't mean it. I mean, there's time periods in the past I think are pretty cool. I really like ancient Rome/Greece, and I'm also fascinated by the huge diversity of life that existed in prehistory. I'm just saying I wouldn't want to live in those places.

Also, I was just trying to be frank, because there's a difference between saying "I think the 50s were a cool era," and saying "The 50s are a better time than they are now." Because no, the 50s were NOT a better time than they are now, and I was just pointing that out. But I have no problem if someone likes the 50s. Every time period has good things and bad things, and there was some pretty cool fashion in the 50s, as well as stuff like rock music starting to take shape and evolve. But it was, for a lot of people, a really terrible time to live in, and I think looking at it through rose-tinted glasses or trying to whitewash it as some sort of paradise that was great for everyone is a very dangerous thing.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby thisiskris89 » Tue May 03, 2011 11:13 am

AH!All i ment was the clothes and entertainment were nicer.and the music i know there were alot of negative things.i just the old fashionedy style.(O_O)dont hurt me!*runs away*
i float like a cloud and sting like a paper cut!:thumb:
thisiskris89

Postby Wolf-man » Tue May 03, 2011 8:31 pm

Nate (post: 1476251) wrote:Sorry if my posts come off as a "this time isn't that great" type thing. I honestly don't mean it. I mean, there's time periods in the past I think are pretty cool. I really like ancient Rome/Greece, and I'm also fascinated by the huge diversity of life that existed in prehistory. I'm just saying I wouldn't want to live in those places.

Also, I was just trying to be frank, because there's a difference between saying "I think the 50s were a cool era," and saying "The 50s are a better time than they are now." Because no, the 50s were NOT a better time than they are now, and I was just pointing that out. But I have no problem if someone likes the 50s. Every time period has good things and bad things, and there was some pretty cool fashion in the 50s, as well as stuff like rock music starting to take shape and evolve. But it was, for a lot of people, a really terrible time to live in, and I think looking at it through rose-tinted glasses or trying to whitewash it as some sort of paradise that was great for everyone is a very dangerous thing.

I understand what your saying and I realize that you aren't trying to sound like a jerk or anything. I just felt like there were a few people (not just you) who would read someone's post then say something like "well it wasn't that great because..." and it was getting kind of frustrating.
Wolf-man

Previous

Return to General