Insomnia

Talk about anything in here.

Insomnia

Postby mysngoeshere56 » Mon May 02, 2011 1:47 am

So, I've been having a horrible struggle trying to get to sleep for the past while. I'm at a loss as to what to do about this anymore. It'll be dawn in about 2 hours and I'm still up and about. :eh: Could anybody give a poor insomniac some ideas that might help him get to sleep more easily?
-Sno
mysngoeshere56

Postby Xeno » Mon May 02, 2011 1:58 am

Not sure how you feel about doing this, but sometimes when I'm having trouble sleeping I take a regular dose of nyquil in liquid form. I don't do that often, but it's helped the 2 or 3 times I have.
Xeno

Postby aliveinHim » Mon May 02, 2011 2:40 am

I print out a few coloring pages before bed and keep some crayons with me and I'll sit there and color until I fall asleep. Doodle paper also helps too.
"And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins, in which you once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience, among whom also we all once conducted ourselves in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, just as the others.
But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, that in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us in Christ Jesus." Ephesians 2:1-7

http://oribichan94.deviantart.com/
aliveinHim

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Mon May 02, 2011 3:16 am

- Winding down from exciting activities (eg. computer, TV, videogames) long before bed
- Drinking warm milk
- Eating healthy food
- Not eating several hours before bed
- Going to bed at a reasonable time (before 12am)
- Comforting sounds on CD eg. nature sounds - rain etc.
- Not trying to get to sleep. The more you think about it, the more you stay awake
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby Atria35 » Mon May 02, 2011 5:04 am

Don't use your bed for anything but sleeping.
And seconding the suggestion to wind down from electronic items at least an hour before bed- reading a book is a good idea.
Atria35

Postby broly146 » Mon May 02, 2011 7:54 am

Have the room dark and cool...that always helps me :)
It's not whether you can or can't do it, it is if you do it or not. Nothing comes easy in this world, especially a job or money. I rely on Jesus to get me through these hard times of persecution.
broly146

Postby Atria35 » Mon May 02, 2011 8:17 am

broly146 (post: 1475992) wrote:Have the room dark and cool...that always helps me :)

To expand on this, yes, definitely keep the room dark.

But have it at a temperature that's comfortable to you. I have to turn the thermostat up at night because I get cold super-easily and then can't sleep, so while a cool room might work for Broly, it's a terrible idea for me. Late fall/inter/early spring means having 5 billion blankets on my bed :lol:
Atria35

Postby broly146 » Mon May 02, 2011 8:24 am

You're right. It is different for each person. I bundle up at night too (which helps a lot!)
It's not whether you can or can't do it, it is if you do it or not. Nothing comes easy in this world, especially a job or money. I rely on Jesus to get me through these hard times of persecution.
broly146

Postby KougaHane » Mon May 02, 2011 8:31 am

I didn't sleep last night. Maybe for about 30 minutes. Make sure your bladder is empty. That helps get to sleep. But my problem is that I stay up all night pondering super-difficult philosophical, theological, and psychological questions. Anyone have any ideas how to shift the pondering to daytime so that I don't waste time with it when I should be sleeping?

On a side note. They should make Golden Sun: Dark Dawn less fun, then it wouldn't contribute to keeping me up all night.
chatbot 09:36 - KougaHane asks, Will you be my friend?
My answer: No
KougaHane 09:36 - T_T
KougaHane

Postby broly146 » Mon May 02, 2011 8:40 am

Make sure not to do any studying or anything that involves too much thinking before you go to bed.
broly146

Postby TopazRaven » Mon May 02, 2011 9:55 am

Arg, I have this problem to. Though it's mostly because I'm on my computer far to long. I really need to start heading to bed beforE 12 and stop eating so late at night to. You know, for some reason I'm always like super hungry at night though. All I'm hungry for during the day is breakfest, lunch and maybe a snack in between. At night I want to eat EVERYTHING.
For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

NIV, Romans 8:38-39.
TopazRaven

Postby broly146 » Mon May 02, 2011 10:03 am

I have that problem sometimes :P
broly146

Postby Sapphire225 » Mon May 02, 2011 10:17 am

I used to have that problem in high school. You have totrain your body to go to bed earlier than you are used to and stay away from things such as television, internet, etc. at least an hour before bed. Reading a book can help you get to sleep too.
"Because the World isn't as cruel as you take it to be." ~ Celty, Durarara!!

Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."
~Deuteronomy 31:6

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We live in a fantasy world, a world of illusion. The great task in life is to find reality. ~ Iris Murdoch
Sapphire225

Postby mysngoeshere56 » Mon May 02, 2011 10:42 am

KougaHane (post: 1476003) wrote:But my problem is that I stay up all night pondering super-difficult philosophical, theological, and psychological questions. Anyone have any ideas how to shift the pondering to daytime so that I don't waste time with it when I should be sleeping?

Hah, I have that exact same problem. XD

Hmmm I've tried/heard some of these ideas before, but others I haven't... I'll have to see if one of them works for me. Thanks! And if you have more suggestions, keep 'em coming. I need them. :-/
-Sno
mysngoeshere56

Postby armeck » Mon May 02, 2011 6:35 pm

meletonin (idk how to spell that) works good. it's the natural hormone your body produce that makes you sleepy
Just some punk kid that likes techno music
armeck

Postby Atria35 » Mon May 02, 2011 7:23 pm

armeckthefirst (post: 1476188) wrote:meletonin (idk how to spell that) works good. it's the natural hormone your body produce that makes you sleepy

Yes, that's true. I think the thing about this statement is that you don't give any advice on how to stimulate your body into producing it nor say whether you can get some sort of supplement/boost from outside your body (ingestion, tablets, etc)

The methods that have been given should induce the body to produce it, so...
Atria35

Return to General