demonic dreams

Talk about anything in here.

demonic dreams

Postby fermy6 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:28 am

Has anyone else been experiencing demonic dreams...I've been having dreams and they felt quite like real attacks to me
If someone said 3 years from now
You'd be long gone
Id get up and punch their mouth
Cuz they're all wrong
I know better
Cuz you said forever
And ever
Who knew?
fermy6

Postby aliveinHim » Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:58 am

I used to have those before I became a Christian. What have they been like?
"And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins, in which you once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience, among whom also we all once conducted ourselves in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, just as the others.
But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, that in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us in Christ Jesus." Ephesians 2:1-7

http://oribichan94.deviantart.com/
aliveinHim

Postby mysngoeshere56 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:37 am

I guess it depends on what you consider "demonic". I've had some pretty... disturbing dreams, that's for sure.
-Sno
mysngoeshere56

Postby Midori » Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:22 pm

EDIT: Actually, I've decided this post of mine was pretty insensitive and was likely unrelated to the kinds of dreams mentioned in the thread. I apologize; please ignore me.
Midori

Postby Jingo Jaden » Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:44 pm

How would you describe said nightmares?
Of two evils, choose neither - Charles Spurgeon.

Jingo Jaden

Postby fermy6 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:56 pm

Ive had ones where demons attack me and I wake up in sleep paralysis....But the past two nights were fine and I noticed that I went to bed more relaxed which could also be the reason....It might have just been fatigue but I'm still praying about it
You'd be long gone
Cuz they're all wrong
I know better
Cuz you said forever
And ever
Who knew?
fermy6

Postby Seto_Sora » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:07 pm

Dude, I'm sorry. That sounds heavy. Honestly, I've never had anything beyond a nightmare sparked by an overactive imagination. But I doubt thats what your going through. I can't say I've been there, but I have had spiritual attack and definitely valleys. And the solution for the brother in Christ is always the same; focus on Our Lord Jesus Christ. I can't tell you how, for different brothers its different ways. Some of the best are reading and dwelling heavily on God's Word just before bed. Or praying and calling out to Jesus or just thinking and praising Him for all the blessings He's bestowed upon you, especially what He did on the cross and remembering He came to save you. These are just a few that help me bro in my trials. I've heard some listen to hymns before bed too. Mainly just focus on Christ. And praise the Lord the last few nights have been great! I'll pray that your not attacked again. Peace in Christ bro.

SDG
This

Seto_Sora

Postby Syreth » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:50 pm

I've had some pretty crazy dreams that had a definite demonic feeling behind them. Whether they were genuinely demonic or just due to my overactive imagination is irrelevant to me personally, because Christ is the solution and source of security in either case.
Syreth

Postby Slater » Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:50 am

I've had episodes of sleep paralysis before. Maybe it be a dream, but when that happens, I do see the likeness of a man dressed in black standing by my bed. I think the traditional name for him is Nightmare, but who knows. I don't think he'd be a holy spirit either way.

Don't let your dreams bother you too much. They are what they are: dreams. Let the Lord reign in your mind, and even those frightening things can melt away in the light.
Slater

Postby fermy6 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:52 am

[quote="PatrickEklektos (post: 1474513)"]Dude, I'm sorry. That sounds heavy. Honestly, I've never had anything beyond a nightmare sparked by an overactive imagination. But I doubt thats what your going through. I can't say I've been there, but I have had spiritual attack and definitely valleys. And the solution for the brother in Christ is always the same]

Thanks a lot bud.....The main reason for the last two nights going well is because I actually was putting faith in Christ and not being over paranoid...Everything you said was the excact thing I needed to do....I feel better as a christian after going through it so God always has his purposes for letting it happen

Also I think being worn out and fatigued could also be a contributor....But whether these are spiritual attacks or natural occurences Jesus is greater than it all...Its scary but I think God can use it for growth
You'd be long gone
Cuz they're all wrong
I know better
Cuz you said forever
And ever
Who knew?
fermy6

Postby ChristianKitsune » Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:26 am

I get sleep paralysis a lot, actually. It's usually caused by not getting enough sleep and like you said, fatigue.

It's really scary, I agree but I'm not sure I'd attribute it to demonic dreams ^^; it's actually quite common, and naturally occurs. But I do find myself praying to wake up a lot because its such a weird feeling! @_@
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby Midori » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:03 am

It is hypothesized that sleep paralysis is caused by your brain not waking up all at once. Specifically, the part of your brain that suppresses muscle movement during sleep stays active but the rest of your brain gains consciousness.

Of course, this says little about the feelings of fear and the visions of monsters or demons that many people with sleep paralysis experience. It's possible there's a psychological principle that they're attributable to, but since the psychological and the spiritual are so often intricately intertwined, there may be no way to tell.
Midori

Return to General