Spleling

Talk about anything in here.

Postby Xeno » Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:31 am

This felt pertinent.
Xeno

Postby Asuka Neko » Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:01 am

I've always been good at spelling, but I have noticed that when it comes to the internet and keyboards and stuff, I type too fast and make typos sometimes. Anyway, if I'm reading something that someone wrote which has an absurd amount of misspelled words, I'll normally stop reading it. If it's just a typo or two, though, I don't really care. And if it's in the forums or anwhere else online, I usually ignore it because it's so easy to make typos or overlook the fact that you're misspelling something.

Also, do apostrophes in the wrong places bother anyone else? Like when people says it's instead of its? That is one of my biggest pet peeves (but I don't usually point it out on other peoples' stuff unless they asked me to edit something)
~My Website~
[color="Cyan"]"Have you ever gotten the urge to do something crazy... and AWESOME!?" -Demyx[/color]
Asuka Neko

Postby Ally-Ann » Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:17 am

I also get annoyed when someone uses they're/there/their the wrong way. That really irks me.
[color="Lime"]My Fictionpress account[/color]! http://www.fictionpress.com/u/740837/Ally-Ann

[color="Yellow"]My Fanfiction account[/color]! http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2401061/ArmyAngel316

My nicknames! [color="Pink"]~*[/color][color="palegreen"]Ally[/color][color="pink"]*~[/color] [color="white"](>[/color][color="Cyan"]Mochi-chan[/color][color="White"]<)[/color]

I like mochi. ^^

I question my [color="DarkOrchid"]sanity[/color]. (._.)

Operation: Blackout
Ally-Ann

Postby samurai10 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:56 am

Back when I was 10, I was a horrible speller and used text talk all the time. I have pity for those who talked to me when I was 10. And actually, up until a few months ago, I used to use text talk.

Now, I get a taste of my own medicine.

Almost everyday, this boy talks to me online. He's 11. He's a horrible speller and uses text talk like CRAZY! It drives me nuts! Gah!

That cured me of talking with text talk. :P Now, I barely ever have typos. Typos are ok, but when they're smacked on to me like that, ew ew ew.

*end of rant*
"I'm on Aslan's side even if there isn't any Aslan to lead it. I'm going to live as like a Narnian as I can even if there isn't any Narnia." ~The Silver Chair

"You can close your eyes to the things you don't want to see, but you can't close your heart to the things you don't want to feel." ~Johnny Depp

"MOES! Sign up and sig down!"

[color="Red"]@)[/color][color="SeaGreen"]}~`,~ [/color]Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.

Sami-The warrior pokemon

This pokemon is stout in stature, but extremely loyal. it's head and ears make the shape of a samurai helmet. the scales from said helmet can be pulled out and used as kunai.
samurai10

Location: You're crazy if you think I'll tell you where I live.

Postby KougaHane » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:00 am

I like when people use proper spelling and grammar, because its just easier on the reader when they do. if evry sentance u red ws lk ths it tks jst lttl lngr 2 red u no
Seriously, it's not hard to use proper English (unless it's not your native language.) Please be sincere, think of the reader, and proofread your posts. :)
chatbot 09:36 - KougaHane asks, Will you be my friend?
My answer: No
KougaHane 09:36 - T_T
KougaHane

Postby ShiroiHikari » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:20 am

fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby MomentOfInertia » Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:15 pm

Those are good.:thumb:
MAL - CAA MAL club - Avatar from Hyouka
"DaughterOfZion 06:19 - forget love, fudge conquers all. xD"
"Written assignments are never finished, only due." -me
-Speak not unless you can improve the silence.-
MOES: Members Observing Efficient Sigs
MomentOfInertia

Postby TopazRaven » Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:45 pm

Xeno (post: 1474272) wrote:This felt pertinent.

These were actually pretty helpful. I'll try to keep all of the above information in mind from now on when I type, but I make no promises!
For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

NIV, Romans 8:38-39.
TopazRaven

Postby SailorDove » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:31 pm

"Too air is hewmen, to forgive Divine."

Sorry, I just couldn't resist; especially after reading though the last 2 pages! I grew up with word jokes, bantering and playful puns.

I get annoyed at myself when I discover I've misspell a word too late and can't fix it. Must admit, I have a few words that I always misspell, (some sort of mental block).

Alas, my grammar is less than stellar; most guilty of those run on sentences. The helpful tutorials pics & links were quite appreciated.

I tend to forgive spelling mistakes when due to a simple typo, translation issue or a reading problem. But, when the correct words are the minority in a fan-fiction or post I find it quite wearisome.

But, as the good book says, "Blessed are the merciful, they shall receive mercy."
Naruto Fanfic: Kokoro of Konoha by Sailor Dove

What is the power of the weak and the weakness of power?

What would the butterfly effects be with an OC with no chakra or ninja inclinations but a coveted special sensing ability? But that's not her only closely guarded secret. Psst, don't tell the hyper blond boy she hates ramen.
SailorDove

Postby shooraijin » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:35 pm

I dunno. I was always willing to forgive my teacher for my grammatical and spelling errors and yet she never forgave mine. ;)
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby SailorDove » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:47 pm

[quote="shooraijin (post: 1474493)"]I dunno. I was always willing to forgive my teacher for my grammatical and spelling errors and yet she never forgave mine. ]

LOL, :thumbsup:
That was awesome!

I doubt Abbott & Costello, ("Who's on First"), let alone Shakespeare would've fared any better in her class either.

What would the butterfly effects be with an OC with no chakra or ninja inclinations but a coveted special sensing ability? But that's not her only closely guarded secret. Psst, don't tell the hyper blond boy she hates ramen.
SailorDove

Postby shooraijin » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:51 pm

Except ... I think I got my antecedents wrong there. :red:
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Syreth » Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:56 pm

Spelling is important, but bad spelling is forgivable in certain contexts. I'm generally a proponent of proper communication.
Syreth

Postby SailorDove » Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:06 pm

I like short funny stories. Even if they're told in the wrong order, the audience thinks its part of the joke.

SailorDove

Previous

Return to General