Yu Gi Oh anyone?

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Yu Gi Oh anyone?

Postby fermy6 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:58 am

Who here still likes yu gi oh?......Anyone but me?
If someone said 3 years from now
You'd be long gone
Id get up and punch their mouth
Cuz they're all wrong
I know better
Cuz you said forever
And ever
Who knew?
fermy6

Postby Atria35 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:02 am

Since it's an anime, it belogs in the anime section.

And.... I liked it for a while. Then it got repetitive and silly.
Atria35

Postby TopazRaven » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:08 am

I still like it, but I've honestly only seen a few episodes here and there so far. I worry for my sanity since my favorite characters are the bad guys.
For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

NIV, Romans 8:38-39.
TopazRaven

Postby Seto_Sora » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:17 am

I really liked the original Japanese Manga of the story. But I haven't made it past the first season. Meybe I'll start collecting it. I really like the story... minus that 4kids thing.
LOL I know what you mean Topaz, my favorite character is Seto Kaiba. Man I wish I could be as cool as him! And I like his coat.

SDG
This

Seto_Sora

Postby Nami » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:32 am

GAH!! The original is the best! :D All the characters are so awesome, and though the show can get annoying, I love the cast!! I wish that author would make it Shojo, it would be so much cooler. XDD

I love the manga/anime. I'm a huge fan. :D I'm addicted to Yu-Gi-Oh cards and can barely keep away from them, my tiny shred of sanity is always tested when I see original Yu-Gi-Oh cards in the stores. >> its unfair. XD
[color="Red"][SIZE="3"]Swiftly Dissin' and never Missin'.
Yours Truly,
Sick of all the BSin'.[/SIZE][/color]
Nami

Location: Sitting in a tree, waiting for you. *sinister grin*

Postby UniqueAngelStar » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:44 am

I'm not really a fan of the series nor the card games but I prefer the original series than the latest spinoff series.
I seen a few episodes of the original and it was kinda cool. It's one of those animes I wouldn't mind to watch.

But I like the catchphrase IT's time to Duel! Now that was cool.
ImageImage
[color="DarkOrchid"]@)[/color][color="DarkGreen"]}~`,~[/color][color="DeepSkyBlue"] Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.[/color]
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]Proud member of[/color] MOES!
UniqueAngelStar

Postby Seto_Sora » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:45 am

I've never played the game. Is it any good?

SDG
This

Seto_Sora

Postby Hiryu » Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:14 am

Back in the day, I used to get up early saturday to watch it. I used to play the card game too.

I still like Yu-Gi-Oh, even though I'm not as involved as I was.
Hiryu

Postby Sapphire225 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:20 pm

Wrong section bro.

Anyway, I watched Yu-gi-oh as a kid and liked the card games, but now, I've drifted to other anime. If the Abridged Series counts for anything, then yes, I still watch Yu-Gi-Oh...just...differently.
"Because the World isn't as cruel as you take it to be." ~ Celty, Durarara!!

Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."
~Deuteronomy 31:6

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We live in a fantasy world, a world of illusion. The great task in life is to find reality. ~ Iris Murdoch
Sapphire225

Postby goldenspines » Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:42 pm

"It's time to d-d-d-d-d-dueeeeeel!"

I mean....moved to Anime. >_>

When I was younger, I used to like Yu-gi-oh a lot, but then later on, I only watched an episode here and there. The art style always annoyed me though.

Then I was introduced to the Abridged series and now I like Yu-gi-oh again. XD; I don't watch it on a regular basis though.
goldenspines

Postby Juliannesan » Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:27 am

I loved Yu-Gi-Oh! for a time.
Because of the characters, mostly when I was 14. That's actually how I got into anime.
I first watched Pokemon and hated it, but once I saw Yu-Gi-Oh! Surprisingly I got really sucked into it. Duelist Kingdom was my favorite Arc.

But then I was disallowed to watch it and yeah... once I was able to see it again, it just didn't have the same draw to me as it once did.
ImageImage
Juliannesan

Postby mkalv » Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:06 pm

I'm a fan. I read the whole manga (plus GX, 5D's, and R manga.), and I am watching Yu-Gi-Oh Duelist anime, plus GX, 5D's, and some of the films and OVAs.
No pain, no gain. I would prefer no pain, but still gain.
mkalv

Postby bakura91 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:19 am

I mostly watch Yugioh(abridged) Ive seen some of GX but it was the dubbed edited one so I dont know how close that is to the original. I did love the manga though when it was pre-cardgame centric, the manga had pretty good storys.
bakura91

Postby DangoDaikazoku » Tue May 03, 2011 1:36 am

I remeber the time when I wanted to watch Yugioh sooo bad. But Mom had at that time inplanted in my brain that anything anime was bad. (I was lucky I got to watch three episodes of Pokemon and a couple Code Lyoko). I would hover over random kids as they played the card game, fascinated with the words that made no sense to me. I was convinced if I watched them play it long enough, I would get it (I still don't). Ihave officially watched exactly one full episode of Yugioh. It was from the first season. I am watching the abridged now. LOLOLOL It's so funny, plus it's on Youtube again. I wonder if it will get taken down again. Anyways, that's my story of Yugioh.
Thank You For Your Time,
DangoDaikazoku
DangoDaikazoku

Postby Seto_Sora » Tue May 03, 2011 11:38 pm

DangoDaikazoku (post: 1476267) wrote:I am watching the abridged now. LOLOLOL It's so funny, plus it's on Youtube again. I wonder if it will get taken down again. Anyways, that's my story of Yugioh.

Little Kuriboh always does something to get himself kicked off and always comes back. Its like a never ending cycle. But if you like him, you should also watch ninjabridge (who is also Little Kuriboh), Team Fourstar, and PurpleyeFTW. Good stuff and the most recent vid for Yugioh was epic! Seto Kaiba rules!

On that note, does anyone still play the card game?

SDG
This

Seto_Sora

Postby Darth_Kirby » Thu May 12, 2011 12:15 am

I like it until they got half way through the GX series. It just got weird and dark (in a bad way) after they got sucked into that card monster world.
Darth_Kirby

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews