How do you handle stess?

Talk about anything in here.

Postby ShiroiHikari » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:10 pm

I deal with stress by being miserable and depressed.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby CloudStrife911 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:51 am

I'm the only person besides my father that I've ever met that has little to no problem with stress ever. In the past two years I've only been stressed out for 1 weekend.
CloudStrife911

Postby Seto_Sora » Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:08 pm

steenajack (post: 1470103) wrote:1. How do you deal/react with stress?

2. What things in life stress you out?

3. What are some things you do to relieve your stress?

I think I'll answer #2 first. Different things can stress me out at different times. Uncontrolled circumstances at work such as working as the head of two retail departments both at half staff through the busiest season of the year. Or having to deal with a gf who told me every day that she liked other men and couldn't help it. Or the imminent danger of my siblings or family in a precarious situation. Or being stranded at an airport all day completely alone. (and I'm aware all these aren't real reasons or real good reasons to be stressed out)
In answer to question 1 and the pole. I deal with stress both in healthy ways and unhealthy ways. It really depends on the situation.
Finally, in answer to #3, I deal with stress in a healthy way by either trying to find the good or silver lining in my situation (there is always good in every situation no matter how bad and reason to praise the Lord). So I keep on smiling knowing that these things will pass. Also, in situations of danger to my family or myself, I become one track minded, close off all communication, and become all action to do what I can to help those I love. In that situation, my emotions are usually turned off (which is strange because I can't seem to do that of my own volition). But I also deal with stress in bad ways such as bottling up my feelings, trying desperately to hide whats inside... and failing mostly. lol Or I'll try to find an escape such as video games, music, or anime. And sometimes I'll just write prose or poetry to express my feelings of anxiety.

Oh yeah! and I handle stress by talking it out too. ;)

SDG
This

Seto_Sora

Postby Dr.Faust » Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:02 pm

1. How do you deal/react with stress?
I pray,ask for advice, or get really angry, or play fighting games

Lots. People saying the world is ending, my Grads(3.0GPA), Music, My addiction, My weight(witch is stupid becuas im underweight), the dieing children of the world, the enviroment, ect.

Healthy: Play fighting games, pray, go to church

Un-Healthy: Lust, Cuss a lot, Punch every thing.
Check out my boy's art: http://www.arttronik.com/
Dr.Faust

Preaching the gospel

Postby kairo14 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:48 pm

steenajack (post: 1470103) wrote:
1. How do you deal/react with stress?

Other than Jesus and Paul, I don't know anyone else who seemed to handle press like a pro. Jesus feeling the press of the cross sweated blood, so just become presser is hard does not mean one sins. I assume since this is a Christian board, we want to find ways not to be sinful when there is pressure. I understand the term, Stress, in the sense of dealing with presser in a sinful manner. Pressure is outside forces we cannot stop; and stress is an inward battle to trust God under the pressure. Under presser we stress because we to do not trust God through His Son Jesus. When I worry and stress it shows to me I am not trusting God as I should in the gospel. I fail this test to often.

I find the "do no remove labels" on mattresses stress me out greatly. :bang:

Anyway. I find if I preach the gospel to myself I find my stress greatly diminished. Telling myself, Jesus Christ was truly a propitiation for me, an expiation, and imputed righteousness for me, at a definite time and a definite place, and thus, already being accomplished cannot be removed from me. Because the good news is what Jesus accomplished I thus, have the daily benefits of all these things: forgiveness, cleansing, Jesus being present with me, God being my Father, Jesus who hears my prayers and intercedes for me. The more I say this to myself everyday and actually believe it, it has profound affect upon my stress and personal contentment even if the pressure is great.
ImageImage
[font="Book Antiqua"][SIZE="3"]www.osheadavis.com / "MOES: Go, and scroll no more." [/SIZE]
[SIZE="3"]Dragonballz rocks, and, Jesus Saves / Naruto does multi-clone no jutsu,, but,, Jesus gives new-birth no jutsu[/SIZE][/font]
kairo14

Postby Sheenar » Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:18 pm

I don't tend to handle stress well most of the time.

STRESSED backwards = DESSERTS. That describes my reaction to stress a lot of the time. It's gotten lots better, but I still find myself comfort-eating at times. I try to read, take a nap, go for a walk, etc.

Lots of stuff causes stress in my life: school, health, developing friendships, getting access to things I need, etc. Not all of it is "bad" stress, but all should be handled appropriately.
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby steenajack » Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:38 pm

Wow, I haven't commented here in awhile, but I just wanted to say that I find it interesting to see how all these different people handle similar situations in life. And the more I read certain people's posts, the more I see certain things of their personalities. It
s interesting to me. I guess one thing that relaxes me when I get stressed is "people watching". I know it may sound weird to some, but I'm just fascinated by watching how people act at times. Gosh, now I probably sound like a troll. ^^; Gee, I hope not. lol In all seriousness, I do enjoy seeing all the different personalities and different kinds of people. It just reminds me how beautiful and unique God's creation is.
Please, feel free to check out my sites:

My Deviant Art[/color]
MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!
My FictionPress[/color]
My tumblr[/color] Read...fave...reblog...repeat...
steenajack

Postby ChristianKitsune » Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:40 pm

I seem to do one of two things:
Sleep my troubles away and the buckle down at the last minute.

Or work work work work until I'm exhausted. XD
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby Yuki-Anne » Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:44 pm

kairo14 (post: 1472673) wrote:Other than Jesus and Paul, I don't know anyone else who seemed to handle press like a pro.

^I hear he's really good with the press.
New and improved Yuki-Anne: now with blog: http://anneinjapan.blog.com
Yuki-Anne

Postby Seto_Sora » Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:54 pm

Yuki-Anne (post: 1472759) wrote:Image

^I hear he's really good with the press.

O.O AAAAH!!!!

SDG
This

Seto_Sora

Postby Yuki-Anne » Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:59 pm

Well, I mean, come on you guys. I can understand constantly mispelling "transcendentalism" or something, but "stress" is only a six-letter word! You guys can do it! You can spell "stress" correctly!

Renew my faith in our generation!

PS Poor spelling stresses me out.
Yuki-Anne

Postby Seto_Sora » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:05 pm

Yuki-Anne (post: 1472765) wrote:Well, I mean, come on you guys. I can understand constantly mispelling "transcendentalism" or something, but "stress" is only a six-letter word! You guys can do it! You can spell "stress" correctly!

Renew my faith in our generation!

PS Poor spelling stresses me out.

My mother told me to never use six letter words... >.>

SDG
This

Seto_Sora

Postby Yuki-Anne » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:15 pm

Then you're disobeying her by saying "mother."
Yuki-Anne

Postby Seto_Sora » Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:22 pm

Yeah I know... she told me to call her mom.

SDG
This

Seto_Sora

Postby Riggidig » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:12 am

1.) I punch a hole in the nearest , non-living thing. If that doesn't help I go cry, I mean, hide, in my room (when at home) or bathroom (when at work).

2.) Usually my job. Or my home.

3.) I can't divulge that here...
[color="Yellow"]My deviantART Gallery[/color]

[color="DarkOrange"][font="Century Gothic"]"Life is not about NOT getting hit. It's about learning to TAKE a hit, rolling with the punches, and at its worst, learning to get up after a knockout.[/font][/color]
Riggidig

Previous

Return to General