What denomination are you?

Talk about anything in here.

What denomination are you?

Postby CloudStrife911 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:26 pm

I got to thinking and wondering what denomonations were represented here so I've decided to make a poll. ^_^ looking forward to seeing the results! :D
CloudStrife911

Postby ADXC » Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:27 pm

You'll need to remake this thread if you want to do a poll.
ADXC

Postby Furen » Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:28 pm

I dont' see the poll yet, because I saw this as soon as you posted, and it's not up yet, but my denomination is AGC (Associated Gospel Church) Which is essentially Baptist, but with a few alternative beliefs, like pre-millennial and post-millennial and such.
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby ChristianKitsune » Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:31 pm

I was raised Southern Baptist, loved my Church family for a very long while, but for some reason I just stopped going there, and then I moved to my college town where I attended both non-dom and a Baptist Church.

I'd say I don't really relate to ANY denomination, as I don't particularly like the titles.. XD.
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby shooraijin » Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:32 pm

Just don't make this a discussion about the relative merits of each denomination, and it can stay in General. (Otherwise Theology.)

FTR, non-denominational.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby CloudStrife911 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:32 pm

It's fixed now. I was just making sure to cover most of the big ones. If you don't see yours on there tell me and I'll fix it, but if there is one that fits it decently then just choose that.
CloudStrife911

Postby ADXC » Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:32 pm

Yeah, I don't see my denomination(Church of Christ) up there, so if you or a mod could at least add the option for "other" that would be nice.

I do label the denomination that I'm officially under as Church of Christ, but I am not tied to it because I have great friends of many other different denominations and find that worshiping with them can sometimes be better than my own denominational church(So you could also label me as Non-denominational). While denominations are fine, I find that they tear apart more than they do in bringing all Christians together. However, that is just my opinion.

I believe under Christ, we are all united.
ADXC

Postby shooraijin » Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:33 pm

Done.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby CloudStrife911 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:35 pm

shooraijin (post: 1472484) wrote:Just don't make this a discussion about the relative merits of each denomination, and it can stay in General. (Otherwise Theology.)

FTR, non-denominational.

Believe me I didn't plan on it. ^-^ With finals coming up the less thinking the best! lol
CloudStrife911

Postby Seto_Sora » Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:40 pm

Dude! You have Anabaptist in the list!? LOL thats too cool. Well I don't really identify with denoms but by Christ and Him Crucified. However, they can help state where ya stand on certain things. That said ya might consider me theologically descended from the very original Anabaptists as I'm a full five point Calvinist Baptist (which is Reformed minus Covenant Theology plus Dispensationalism but hold the eschatology). I think there was something though that I didn't with the Anabaptists of yore, but its been a while since I studied their movement. However, I voted non-denominational because I attend a non-denominational Baptist Church.

SDG
This

Seto_Sora

Postby Scarecrow » Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:47 pm

Non-Denom... I don't like my box myself into a category.
"Take me down, shake me out. Give me a brain, that I might know You better"
Scarecrow

Postby steenajack » Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:56 pm

I'm...not anything. I chose non-denominational since that seemed close to what I believe.
I personally don't like putting a label on my beliefs. I believe what I believe and that's that. I've went to a certain church that was a particular denomination....I think....but other than that, I don't really consider myself anything. I'm just a Christian.
Please, feel free to check out my sites:

My Deviant Art[/color]
MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!
My FictionPress[/color]
My tumblr[/color] Read...fave...reblog...repeat...
steenajack

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:57 pm

I'm really surprised that there's no mention of Anglican or Uniting Churches. Maybe you don't have them in the US. Non-denominational is pretty much a denomination nowadays. :)

I'm Lutheran, but more importantly a Christ follower.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby Seto_Sora » Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:00 pm

Warrior 4 Jesus (post: 1472498) wrote:I'm really surprised that there's no mention of Anglican or Uniting Churches.

Ya know, now that you mention it, I don't ever remember seeing an Anglican Church here stateside. :?

SDG
This

Seto_Sora

Postby Davidizer13 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:02 pm

I'm Church of God 7th Day - we're...well, we're weird. The denomination split off from the Adventists, took some Millerite/Jehovah's Witness theology with it, and somehow, the movement kinda became weeaboo for Jewish things. Most members avoid pork and shellfish, and a few even keep feast days (mostly just Feast of Tabernacles, it would seem, because at its heart, it's a camping trip). It's like carnivorous Adventism, basically!

Also, everyone is related to everyone else, somehow, or is about to become that way. Hilarity commonly ensues at summer camps when people find out that cute girl/boy they like is their distant cousin.

PatrickEklektos wrote:Ya know, now that you mention it, I don't ever remember seeing an Anglican Church here stateside. :?

They're called Episcopalian in the US. Don't ask me why.
We are loved even though we suck.

Psalms 37:37 (NHEB)
Mark the perfect man, and see the upright, for there is a future for the man of peace.
Davidizer13

Postby Midori » Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:25 pm

Church of the Nazarene (hence my zeal to differentiate "Nazarene" from "Nazarite"...though I do have long hair and hate wine...)
Midori

Postby Cognitive Gear » Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:31 pm

Non-non-denominational. Unfortunately the non-denominational churches around here are actually their own denomination. :lol:
Cognitive Gear

Postby mysngoeshere56 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:20 am

I'm currently attending an Assemblies of God church, but I personally don't claim any particular denomination.
-Sno
mysngoeshere56

Postby Riggidig » Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:36 am

Where does Dutch Reformed fall under?
[color="Yellow"]My deviantART Gallery[/color]

[color="DarkOrange"][font="Century Gothic"]"Life is not about NOT getting hit. It's about learning to TAKE a hit, rolling with the punches, and at its worst, learning to get up after a knockout.[/font][/color]
Riggidig

Postby ich1990 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:20 am

Pretty much Anabaptist at this point.
Where an Eidolon, named night, on a black throne reigns upright.
ich1990

Postby Atria35 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:28 am

Oh, crud! I managed to vote Other when I meant Non-denominational. So... yeah. One vote is wrong.
Atria35

Postby CloudStrife911 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:01 am

I wanted to point out that I do not hold to one single denomination either. I'm just say choose the one that fits what you believe the closest. I go to an Assemblies of God college and I'm Mennonite. lol So, believe me when I say I'm not for a single denomination. XD lol
CloudStrife911

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:59 am

I've never even heard of the Congregationalist denomination. Also, maybe Anglican churches are known by another name in the US?
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby Atria35 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:13 am

Warrior 4 Jesus (post: 1472553) wrote:Also, maybe Anglican churches are known by another name in the US?

You're right- in the US, they're known as Episcopalian.

... Which I'm suprised isn't on there since it's a huge denomination.
Atria35

Postby UniqueAngelStar » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:15 am

I am pretty much Non-Denominational.

ADXC (post: 1472486) wrote:I do label the denomination that I'm officially under as Church of Christ, but I am not tied to it because I have great friends of many other different denominations and find that worshiping with them can sometimes be better than my own denominational church(So you could also label me as Non-denominational). While denominations are fine, I find that they tear apart more than they do in bringing all Christians together. However, that is just my opinion.

I believe under Christ, we are all united.

Amen. We are all united because we believe in the same God, even if we do things differently.
ImageImage
[color="DarkOrchid"]@)[/color][color="DarkGreen"]}~`,~[/color][color="DeepSkyBlue"] Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.[/color]
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]Proud member of[/color] MOES!
UniqueAngelStar

Postby Atria35 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:17 am

UniqueAngelStar (post: 1472560) wrote:I am pretty much Non-Demoniacal.

I know that you meant Non-Denominational, but when I first read that, I thought it said 'Non-Demonical'. I would certainly hope that was the case! xDDD
Atria35

Postby UniqueAngelStar » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:19 am

Atria35 (post: 1472561) wrote:I know that you meant Non-Denominational, but when I first read that, I thought it said 'Non-Demonical'. I would certainly hope that was the case! xDDD

Oh heheheh. Sorry about that :sweat: I mispelled it. *fix spelling*
Yeah, I meant that.
ImageImage
[color="DarkOrchid"]@)[/color][color="DarkGreen"]}~`,~[/color][color="DeepSkyBlue"] Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.[/color]
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]Proud member of[/color] MOES!
UniqueAngelStar

Postby CloudStrife911 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:01 am

Hey for everyone who voted here vote on my other one about how you grew up also... PLEASE! :D

Click Here!
CloudStrife911

Postby Mouse2010 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:12 am

Davidizer13 (post: 1472501) wrote: They're called Episcopalian in the US. Don't ask me why.

Probably because Anglican refers to the official state Church of England, and Americans wouldn't want to identify themselves with the Established Church of the country we overthrew in the Revolution? That's my guess, but I'm not a historian. I do know that "Episcopalian" refers to their church hierarchy: they have bishops. But then again, so do some of the other mainline Protestant churches, so I don't know that that's a really distinctive denominational title.

(No, I'm not Anglican/Episcopalian. I'm Catholic.)
Mouse2010

Postby Xeno » Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:16 am

I'm Apostolic Pentecostal (United Pentecostal Church International), so I guess that makes me fall under "Pentecostals" even though there are two different major Pentecostal theologies.
Xeno

Next

Return to General