How often you go to church

Talk about anything in here.

How often you go to church

Postby UniqueAngelStar » Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:46 pm

Hello CAA!

How often you go to church/read the bible?
ImageImage
[color="DarkOrchid"]@)[/color][color="DarkGreen"]}~`,~[/color][color="DeepSkyBlue"] Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.[/color]
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]Proud member of[/color] MOES!
UniqueAngelStar

Postby ChristianKitsune » Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:49 pm

Depends on what you mean by "Church" IF you mean a Building that one goes to every sunday, well I'd say 2-3 sundays a month (sometimes I sleep in >_>)

But if you mean how often do I meet with fellow believers (As I believe THAT is the Church) then I'd say 4-5 days a week ^^;

I would like to read my Bible more than I do... >_> I'm lazy when it comes to that, and I know that I want to be reading God's word more.

But let's not be hasty and put too much emphasis on "Going to Church and reading the Bible." What God wants with all of us is a relationship not a religious "Gotta do this! OR I'm NOT GOOD enough!!!!11"

^^;
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:49 pm

How often you go to church?
Once a week - Sunday evening service

How often do you read the Bible?
Not often enough.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby Rusty Claymore » Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:51 pm

I go to church every week/almost daily/every day. XD
I read the Bible sporadically. I'm currently making it a habit again. For some reason the more time I spend in the TD arena forum the more I read... XP
Proverbs 31:32 "...when she watches anime, she keeps the room well lit and sits at a safe distance."
Rusty Claymore

Postby ShiroiHikari » Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:52 pm

I don't read my Bible much but that's because I feel like I've been reading the thing my entire life. I get tired of it, you know?

I only go to church a few times a week because...well, I don't like church all that much, and my husband usually can't go with me because of his work schedule, so...yeah.

Edit: Few times a week? I must've been really tired when I wrote that. I meant few times a YEAR.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby mysngoeshere56 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:53 pm

I go to church once almost every Sunday night. I have some good friends at my current church, but I don't really feel connected with the church as a whole. I plan on church hunting sometime soon, but it depends on when I'll be able to find my own method of transportation.

I don't read the Bible as often as I'd like to. I used to read every day, but I've slacked off lately. I need to get back into reading as much as I should.
-Sno
mysngoeshere56

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:55 pm

There's lots of great stuff within the Bible, I just find it difficult to get into. Many of the stories are overly familiar (because I've known them all my life), others I don't understand what's being said or their revelance to everyday life. I'm not fond of the biblical time period and can handle only so much before I find it dull and lifeless. Finally, I don't like the writing style of the Bible. I prefer a consistent narrative where you read from begining to end and can put yourself in the shoes of characters. The Bible's not like that.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby Dante » Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:23 pm

By the way, the amount of times one goes to church does not equate to the number of times one reads the Bible (and that doesn't equate to the amount of time you spend dwelling on God or talking to him). I don't go to church because I don't fit in there and it will only lead to needless drama... it's healthier for both of us in the long run. I used to go a lot in the past, but we began to clash more and more over time, I tried to ignore it as much as I could, but eventually had to just let it go. I wasn't building friendships and it simply became a ritual without any meaning or purpose.
Dante

Postby Midori » Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:35 pm

As this thread is in general, I think it's worth giving a friendly reminder not to delve into theology here. We're all still kind of getting used to this new forum layout after all.
Midori

Postby Okami » Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:42 pm

I typically go to church every Sunday morning, but certainly don't feel bad if I miss a week for whatever reason. I live on-campus of a Bible college, so I'm constantly communing with fellow Christ-followers. Half of my homework comes directly from reading the Bible and making sense of it for myself, journaling through the text, analyzing the text, depending on the class sometimes interpreting the text, applying the text to daily living, etc. etc. etc. So yeah. I'm in the Bible most every day for class and for leisure and for personal growth. My mentor has personally called me a "Bible nerd" because I love reading Scripture outside of my requirements of school. Add on top of that Chapel and small groups where we get to dive deeper to the Word...ahh...I love it here. <3
~*~ Blessed to be Ryosuke's wife!
"We will be her church, the body of Christ coming alive to
meet her needs, to write love on her arms." ~ Jamie Tworkowski
Okami

Postby Yuki-Anne » Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:05 am

I live in a church.

And I try to read my Bible every night. Sometimes I forget, though.
New and improved Yuki-Anne: now with blog: http://anneinjapan.blog.com
Yuki-Anne

Postby Atria35 » Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:10 am

Once every million billion years for both. Probably because I don't have a reader-friendly Bible (the KJV is NOT readable if you haven't been trained or raised to read it. I'm not kidding. I attempted to read it for the first time when I was 13. Again when I was 20. Not. Happening.). And because my parents could never decide on a church. And now I'm moved and still can't find one.
Atria35

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:29 am

I go to church every Sunday. It's been put off since the pastor and his family have been sick though. I don't read my Bible very much though, unfortunately.

(the KJV is NOT readable if you haven't been trained or raised to read it. I'm not kidding. I attempted to read it for the first time when I was 13. Again when I was 20. Not. Happening.)

We found a copy of an original 1611 copy of the Bible (at Walmart- go figure). Now that's a trip. Except for some spelling is just about identical to today's KJV.
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Atria35 » Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:33 am

Shao Feng-Li (post: 1471956) wrote:We found a copy of an original 1611 copy of the Bible (at Walmart- go figure). Now that's a trip. Except for some spelling is just about identical to today's KJV.

I would expect that, but it's written in pre-Shakespearian English, and Shakespeare can be a tough nut to crack when you're not used to reading it. Spelling aside, it's the vocabulary and syntax that presents the issues.
Atria35

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:38 am

I dunno. We started using KJV when I was a bit older. I never had a problem reading it. But I also liked the old fashions style, so that probably helped XD
Shao Feng-Li

Postby TheMewster » Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:17 am

Shao Feng-Li (post: 1471956) wrote:We found a copy of an original 1611 copy of the Bible (at Walmart- go figure). Now that's a trip. Except for some spelling is just about identical to today's KJV.

Wait, you found that at a WALMART? :wow!: I wouldn't imagine that kind of product at a walmart, so no offense, but I highly believe it was either copied/fake. :eh:
So the poor has hope, and injustice shuts her mouth. ~Job 5:16 WEB~
For you are my hope, Lord Yahweh; my confidence from my youth. ~Psalm 71:5 WEB~
TheMewster

Postby ShiroiHikari » Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:21 am

By "copy" do you mean "reprint"?

And yeah, the KJV is not my favorite version to read.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby MrKrillz0r » Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:37 am

Since this summer I've been trying to go every Sunday, and although its been kinda hard I feel like I finally reached my goal. ^^ (I do tend to oversleep sometimes though).

I guess it helps a lot that my church is awesome, if I wouldn't liked it there it would been impossible.
Game on!
MrKrillz0r

Postby TopazRaven » Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:43 am

It all honestly I've only been to church once so far this year and that was a month or two ago. Things have gotten in the way or I've just felt to sick or tired to get out of bed since the services are in the morning. It probably doesn't help that due to my anti-social behavior I actually dread going, I'm afraid. I know, that makes perfectly no sense whatsoever. It's something I need to work on getting over. Once I get into the groove of things I'll probably go every other Sunday as I also volunter at a cat shelter sometimes on Sundays. I read 5 chapters out of my Bible every day, though every now and then I do forget. Most often on weekends.
For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

NIV, Romans 8:38-39.
TopazRaven

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:46 am

TheMewster (post: 1471972) wrote:Wait, you found that at a WALMART? :wow!: I wouldn't imagine that kind of product at a walmart, so no offense, but I highly believe it was either copied/fake. :eh:

Oh crap, yeah. A reprint XD It's a nice photocopy of one that's like 300 years old or so. The script is hard to read.
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Nate » Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:17 pm

Shao Feng-Li wrote:We found a copy of an original 1611 copy of the Bible

That sounds pretty cool, since most KJVs cut out the Deuterocanonical books like Tobit and Maccabees. It's kind of funny since most people who prefer the KJV probably wouldn't want those books in there despite them being in the 1611 version. XP

To answer the question, I read from the Bible occasionally (though not as much as I should), and I don't really go to church (because I don't much care for the churches around here).

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby TheMewster » Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:20 pm

TopazRaven (post: 1471992) wrote:It all honestly I've only been to church once so far this year and that was a month or two ago. Things have gotten in the way or I've just felt to sick or tired to get out of bed since the services are in the morning. It probably doesn't help that due to my anti-social behavior I actually dread going, I'm afraid. I know, that makes perfectly no sense whatsoever. It's something I need to work on getting over. Once I get into the groove of things I'll probably go every other Sunday as I also volunter at a cat shelter sometimes on Sundays. I read 5 chapters out of my Bible every day, though every now and then I do forget. Most often on weekends.

That's just like my mom except she doesn't read her Bible. :( God bless you!
So the poor has hope, and injustice shuts her mouth. ~Job 5:16 WEB~
For you are my hope, Lord Yahweh; my confidence from my youth. ~Psalm 71:5 WEB~
TheMewster

Postby FllMtl Novelist » Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:06 pm

Now that my family has found a church again, we're going every week. It's been around two years since we were in a church, so it feels good.

And for a while now, I've been reading about two chapters of the Bible every morning. But I read all the notes, and it takes forever, so I'm thinking of cutting back to one chapter. I don't want to skip the notes, either. I know reading the notes helps me understand the context of what's going on and other stuff, and it's interesting, but I'm already a slow reader and reading the notes makes me take probably twice as long to read a passage. >_<;;
Hats wrote:"Frodo! Cast off your [s]sins[/s] into the fire!"

EllaEdric 06:53 -IM SO UNEQUIPPED TO BE A MAN ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY.
FllMtl Novelist

Postby ADXC » Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:35 am

I feel that simply stating, that my relationships with God and people are great, will suffice.

For me, I'd rather not boast what I do for God, others, or myself. These things are between God and I. Sorry CAAans. :P
ADXC

Postby MrKrillz0r » Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:22 am

ADXC (post: 1472266) wrote:I feel that simply stating, that my relationships with God and people are great, will suffice.

For me, I'd rather not boast what I do for God, others, or myself. These things are between God and I. Sorry CAAans. :P

Why is it boasting? >_>

Its up to you if you don't want others to know and feel like its something personal, but leave it at that and don't accuse everyone for boasting just 'cuz they stated how much they go to church in a thread thats about how much you go to church.
Game on!
MrKrillz0r

Postby Regina Ignom. » Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:33 am

Hmmm... I go to church about every other week, I know I should go more often and I am trying... As for the Bible reading--- almost never. I used to be quite good with reading my Bible, but now I just can't seem to get into the habit of reading it regularily again.
:(
:rant:

The opposite for courage is not cowardice, it is conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow.
- Jim Hightower

Optimist: Person who travels on nothing from nowhere to happiness.
- Mark Twain

First, God created idiots. That was just for practice. Then He created school boards.
- Mark Twain

I know I have the body of a weak and feeble woman, but I have the heart and stomach of a king, and of a king of England too.
-Elizabeth I
Regina Ignom.

Postby ADXC » Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:33 am

I didn't accuse everyone else. The key phrase in that sentence is "FOR ME." I didn't consider everyone else's statements to be boasting, but I'd rather not talk about my attendance (Which really does matter that much) and how I worship God.

Pm me if you have any questions. I am not starting a debate here.

This is to everyone else, let's not start a debate in this thread because the op was only asking for one simple thing.
ADXC

Postby Yuki-Anne » Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:30 pm

:( But now I feel bad for answering the question. :/
New and improved Yuki-Anne: now with blog: http://anneinjapan.blog.com
Yuki-Anne

Postby Ella Edric » Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:06 pm

I go to youth group once a week. As for on sundays, we dont have a church to go to, so we do home church, my family and I.
Ella Edric

Postby Magicman7200 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:11 pm

yes I go to seek Gods message and word every week and maybe day
Magicman7200

Next

Return to General