Purity

Talk about anything in here.

Postby Yuki-Anne » Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:59 pm

Wait a second. Waaaait a second.

Aren't we basically just discussing the plot of The Princess Bride?
New and improved Yuki-Anne: now with blog: http://anneinjapan.blog.com
Yuki-Anne

Postby Regina Ignom. » Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:19 pm

shooraijin (post: 1471485) wrote:Just to throw a wrench into an already hyper-hypothetical situation, could you trust him to let your brother go after that? IMO, such a wretch would probably kill him anyway.

I think I'll counter your wrench with my hammer and add another uber-hypothetical situation. How can you trust the kidnappers to spare ypur virginity after they let your brother go?
:evil:
:rant:

The opposite for courage is not cowardice, it is conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow.
- Jim Hightower

Optimist: Person who travels on nothing from nowhere to happiness.
- Mark Twain

First, God created idiots. That was just for practice. Then He created school boards.
- Mark Twain

I know I have the body of a weak and feeble woman, but I have the heart and stomach of a king, and of a king of England too.
-Elizabeth I
Regina Ignom.

Postby Riggidig » Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:26 pm

While I have not had sexual intercourse (I am 31 years old) I HAVE done other things that would probably be seen in the same light as sexual intercourse unfortunately. I would prefer though to stay a virgin (regarding sexual intercourse) until I get married. Usually when I tell people this I get funny looks, but I don't care really...
[color="Yellow"]My deviantART Gallery[/color]

[color="DarkOrange"][font="Century Gothic"]"Life is not about NOT getting hit. It's about learning to TAKE a hit, rolling with the punches, and at its worst, learning to get up after a knockout.[/font][/color]
Riggidig

Postby F.M Disciple » Tue May 03, 2011 9:58 pm

Have sex to spare your brother's life or keep your virginity and he dies
either decision just plain sucks.

It seems like the girl is agreeing to give into rape rather than giving away her virginity to save her brothers life.

If I was the girl I might find a way to kill or knock out the the executioner and save my brother. Though killing or beating the tar outta people is not fun anyway but considering the two options...

Other than that I don't know what I would do.
"Its very possible that I could give everything and obtain nothing, But still I have to try."
-Edward Elric.

"If to be feelingly alive to the sufferings of my fellow-creatures is to be a fanatic, I am one of the most incurable fanatics ever permitted to be at large."
-William Wilberforce.
F.M Disciple

Postby Darth_Kirby » Sun May 08, 2011 1:25 am

Cognitive Gear (post: 1460378) wrote:That's pretty great that you know what you want. I think that is important. Good luck!

As for myself, my guidelines are pretty simple:

1) No sex before marriage.
2) It's a friend date if there isn't a kiss somewhere in there. If it's romantically inclined, there should be a kiss.
3) I date to look for a wife, not just for fun. (Dates should always be fun.)

As for anything else, I think that it really depends on the convictions of who I am dating at the time, and what the situation is otherwise.

lol I agree with you. My standards almost the same.
1: No sex before marriage
2: Dating is not just for fun, it's a search for your soulmate
3: Never put yourself in a situation where things can go too far.
Darth_Kirby

Previous

Return to General