What Movies are you Watching?

TV, Movies, Sports...you can find it all in here.

Postby Roy Mustang » Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:56 pm

Psych seaons 1 thru 4.

Batman: Under The Red Hood

Up

The Taking of Pelham 123

The Karate Kid (2010 version)

G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra
Roy Mustang

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:04 pm

Scarecrow (post: 1468423) wrote:Finally got to see Black Swan last night. I had been wanting to see that since the first trailer was released. I really liked it. Can't say it's a movie I'd buy or anything like that but it was really good. It was quite intense... I mean, I knew all the crazy stuff was in her mind but it was still intense... It did a good job of getting you into someone's mind who's falling apart mentally and desperately needs medical help. The whole movie reminded me of that scene from Batman Returns where Selina goes from meek and weak, to freaking out and smashing all her stuff after she just snaps. But here we get to see her mentally deteriorate. You understand how much pressure she puts herself under and then all the crazy stuff that she imagines gives the audience a little taste of how messed up she is and how she's just totally cracking up inside. And I loved the symbolism in the film too... the whole ending I thought was great.

I know a lot of people have had a hard time understanding what's going on but I find that if you watch the movie already knowing that Nina is cracking up in her mind and some things are imagined and you look for those clues early on, it becomes quite easy to differentiate between what's real and what's in her head. I don't know a lot of people said they had a hard time telling the difference but I didn't think it was all that cryptic. Sure while I was watching it, I didn't know right then there but you figure it out.

Anyway, yes, I really liked it. Not something I'd buy or anything and there was quite a bit of inappropriate content but it is a beautifully done movie IMO. It was also the first time I thought the trailer actually did a good job giving you a taste of what the movie is like without spoiling anything.

I just watched it myself and .......wow. It was very well done.
Follow and suggest movies.

Lightscameracritics.wordpress.com

Now running the 15 days of halloween.
GrubbTheFragger

Postby Htom Sirveaux » Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:24 pm

I just picked up the whole 39-episode series of Ultraman for $7. Josh is a happy Josh. :grin:

My friend at work let me borrow Ong Bak 3 like a week ago. Still gotta watch it.
If this post seems too utterly absurd or ridiculous to be taken seriously, don't. :)
Htom Sirveaux

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:51 pm

Watched Green Latern: First flight last night and enjoyed it for what it was.

GrubbTheFragger

Postby Wolf-man » Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:10 pm

I am currently watching Friday the 13th (1980)
Wolf-man

Postby ich1990 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:05 pm

Red

Great because it doesn't take itself seriously.

The Transporter

Great because it doesn't take itself seriously.

Terminator 2

Great. Not half as creepy as the first one and twice as good. Sarah Connor is the worst mother in the world and also one of the coolest.

Megamind

With "kid shows" this good I sometimes wonder I bother watching anything else.

Open Season

Okay, I redact that last statement. This one is funny and the primary hunter reminds me of several people I know, but the anthropomorphizing of certain stereotypes comes across as downright creepy.
Where an Eidolon, named night, on a black throne reigns upright.
ich1990

Postby Ante Bellum » Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:13 pm

Currently watching Metropolis. Beautifully done movie, and it's got a lot of restored footage so it's much longer.
Ante Bellum

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:33 pm

Saw Red riding hood, and Battle : LA

Red riding hood was pure trash, nothing redeemable about it, it was just terrible

Battle: LA Wasn't bad, dragged a bit but was an awful film

GrubbTheFragger

Postby ich1990 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:43 pm

Shutter Island

Not overly commendable, not especially offensive. Just a solid, by the numbers mystery film.

The Recruit

More offensive than Shutter Island, but not a total loss. I wouldn't go out of my way to watch it or anything.
ich1990

Postby ich1990 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:55 pm

Aliens

As most people say, it was even better than the first Alien movie. Lots of great action, great dialog, and great horror (although it was less scary than the first). Recommended.

El Orfanato (The Orphanage)

Another fantastic horror movie. I don't think I have seen one this beautiful or intense since The Ring. I also liked how he went for the bittersweet ending as opposed to the "I feel sick" ending. Guillermo del Toro did a fantastic job with this one and I hope to see more of his work in the future.
ich1990

Postby Psycho Molos » Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:39 pm

Anyone saw Soul Surfer? It's good!
[color="Cyan"]Oh MOES! It's Czadek peddling the Black Pill for the Merv! Dark Evolution[/color]

Ich hasst Mein lieben.....
Psycho Molos

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:41 pm

Saw skyline -_- it was pretty bad. Generic and an ending that sucked so bad

GrubbTheFragger

Postby Htom Sirveaux » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:41 pm

Me & the girlie just saw Source Code tonight. Not bad. From the trailer, the movie's main plot device (being temporarily transplanted from one reality to another, false one) looks suspiciously like The Matrix. And in that respect it is. But beyond that, it's creative, well-written and really fun.
If this post seems too utterly absurd or ridiculous to be taken seriously, don't. :)
Htom Sirveaux

Postby mkalv » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:59 pm

Psycho Molos (post: 1472377) wrote:Anyone saw Soul Surfer? It's good!

I did. I liked it.

For those not in the know, it has Christian messages that make it worth seeing alone, and the good acting helps too.
No pain, no gain. I would prefer no pain, but still gain.
mkalv

Postby bakura91 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:10 pm

I recently watched All Quiet on the Western front, Great WW1 movie. Waiting for when all the new Marvel comic movies hit theaters, Especially X men: 1st Class Im a pretty big X men fan.
bakura91

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:11 am

I just bought and watched the new Voyage of the Dawn Treader movie, and I thought it was fairly good. Not a brilliant movie, and of course not entirely faithful to the original, but certainly not as bad as everyone made it out to be to me. I thought it worked fairly well, though as usual Aslan just doesn't seem as majestic and awesome as he is in the books. (I was a bit surprised they even included the "But there I go by another name" line, to be honest.) Eustace worked tremendously as the nasty whiny kid, but I'll just have to wait for Silver Chair to see if he can support a heroic role. I liked the special effects, especially the painting in the beginning.
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.
- Ellone, Final Fantasy VIII

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:20 pm

watched Rat race, a rather funny comedy

GrubbTheFragger

Postby Atria35 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:49 pm

Re-watched The King's Speech. As amazing and brilliant as the first time I watched it. The only qualm I have is the text that comes at the end worked great in the theater, but is WAY too small for the average home tv. We could barely read it!

Ghost Town - I love Mr. Pincus. Snarky, mean, and actually got touching at one point.
Atria35

Postby Radical Dreamer » Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:55 pm

Completed my year-long Wes Anderson Movie Watching Adventure last night with The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou! I loved it. Of all of his movies, that's the one for which I'd heard the most mixed reviews. I can see how people who aren't familiar with how his movies play out might not love it, but I thought it was brilliantly done, and I really enjoyed it! A fine end to my adventure, for sure. XD Now I'm looking forward to his next movie, Moonrise Kingdom, due out in 2012. XD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby airichan623 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:03 pm

Recently watched Tangled. My new dream college job is working at Disneyland as Rapunzel. xD

[color="Magenta"][SIZE="4"]愛理ちゃん六二三[/SIZE][/color]

DeviantArt[color="DeepSkyBlue"]~[/color]MAL[color="DeepSkyBlue"]~[/color]Tumblr
airichan623

Postby Sheol777 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:17 pm

Insidious - I was actually surprised at how different and good this was. Granted nothing new in the first half hour, but after they look for a solution to the spookiness it gets good.
Image........... My Deep Space Nine Podcast ........... My Anime List...........
Sheol777

Postby broly146 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:34 pm

I am watching Mortal Kombat (1995 film)
It's not whether you can or can't do it, it is if you do it or not. Nothing comes easy in this world, especially a job or money. I rely on Jesus to get me through these hard times of persecution.
broly146

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:17 am

Suckerpunch

Enjoyable movie, if at times disturbing due to the themes of dealing with abuse. A complex combination of psychological thriller/drama with anime-inspired fantasy/action/adventure. Good story (but the script a bit messy at times), minimal character development, decent to poor acting, great soundtrack too but the music is a bit too loud at times. Definitely style over substance but there was still much more to the movie than just kick-butt girls with guns and swords. The movie was about empowerment in horrible circumstances. Reminiscent in part to Inception, The Matrix and Shutter Island and a host of movies, books and comics but could've been more thought-provoking than it was. Recommended for older teens and adults - moderate violence and moderate themes. 7/10 or 7.5/10
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby GrubbTheFragger » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:55 pm

Insidious- really well done, and really creepy. Its a shame more people don't now about this movie

GrubbTheFragger

Postby broly146 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:20 am

that movie was pretty jumpy...
It's not whether you can or can't do it, it is if you do it or not. Nothing comes easy in this world, especially a job or money. I rely on Jesus to get me through these hard times of persecution.
broly146

Postby Cognitive Gear » Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:52 pm

The Thin Red Line

Days of Heaven

Both of these movies are absolutely incredible. I had only seen one of Terrence Malick's films previously, Badlands, and it's been very interesting to see him slowly push into his own style through Badlands and Days of Heaven to have it really manifest itself fully in The Thin Red Line.

Highly recommended viewing, but just be aware that you shouldn't go into either film expecting what you normally expect from the generes these belong to.
Cognitive Gear

Postby Radical Dreamer » Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:15 am

Watched The Thief and the Cobbler (Recobbled Cut) last night! It's so sad that this movie was never finished as it was intended to be, but this cut puts together the original film as best as it possibly can through completed animation, unfinished animation, and storyboards. Highly recommended for all of the animation lovers here--just fyi, the people behind The Secret of Kells were definitely inspired by what this film did with visual style and patterning.
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby broly146 » Sun May 01, 2011 9:37 pm

watched Fast Five
broly146

Postby Atria35 » Mon May 02, 2011 5:02 am

Finally saw Tangled and rewatched Toy Story 3
Atria35

Postby the_wolfs_howl » Tue May 03, 2011 10:29 am

Trans-Atlantic flights are good for watching movies :grin:

I saw Monsters, Inc. for the umpteenth time, and remembered why it's my favorite Pixar movie of all. "I'm so romantic sometimes I think I should just marry myself." "No monsters in here! ...Well, now there is." "Put that thing back where it came from or so help me!" "She's out of our haaaaair-"

Then I saw The Next Three Days, which I really liked. Exciting and tense, and Russel Crowe looks so much like Atrus from Myst that it made me grin through half the movie XD One of my favorite scenes was actually the one where [spoiler]he realized he needed a whole lot more money, so he was going to rob a bank, but then he stopped because he saw a little old lady going in and remembered what the guy said about having to be ready to push her down.[/spoiler]

I saw most of Wild Target, which was kind of funny (and cool to see Rupert Grint in something other than Harry Potter), but a bit too crude for me to really enjoy it.

Then I watched Twilight *hides under the bed from shame* My sisters and I were alternately howling with laughter and falling asleep through the whole thing. Amazingly enough, it is slightly better than the book. Stephenie Meyer's cameo appearance was way too obvious, though.

And then I watched Sarah's Choice, mainly because I wanted to see Brad Stine in a movie since I love his stand-up comedy so much. (He was great as the male source of wisdom in the movie. "So you want her to love you...but you don't want her to need you. :eyebrow: ") It was okay, for a Christian movie anyway, but it was rather heavy-handed. I loved the message (I feel very strongly about abortion), but not the execution so much. Rebecca St. James is a good actress, though.
You can find out things about the past that you never knew. And from what you've learned, you may see some things differently in the present. You're the one that changes. Not the past.
- Ellone, Final Fantasy VIII

"There's a difference between maliciously offending somebody - on purpose - and somebody being offended by...truth. If you're offended by the truth, that's your problem. I have no obligation to not offend you if I'm speaking the truth. The truth is supposed to offend you; that's how you know you don't got it."
- Brad Stine
the_wolfs_howl

Previous Next

Return to General Entertainment