Jesus Anime

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Jesus Anime

Postby TWWK » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:13 pm

Many of know of the JESUS film, right? The one that has been seen by millions and millions around the world? Well, the group behind that recently completed a new project - a short anime film about Jesus. Called "My Last Day," it recounts the final day or so of Jesus' earthly life through the eyes of one of the thieves crucified beside Him. And in my opinion, it's awfully good. The film, animated by a former Disney animator and produced by the studio that did The Animatrix, is only 9 minutes long.

My Last Day (English dub)

What do y'all think of it?
Beneath the Tangles: Where Manga Meets the Maker

In the colors of Your goodness/In the scars that mark your skin/In the currency of Grace/Is where my song begins
~ "Economy of Mercy," Switchfoot
TWWK

Postby steenajack » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:44 pm

This was AMAZING!
:D The animation was actually very nice, an in general it was a pretty awesome portrayal of a true story. A bit bloody for my taste, but realistic. I REALLY hope to see more of this....it actually kinda made me cry. :D
Please, feel free to check out my sites:

My Deviant Art[/color]
MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!
My FictionPress[/color]
My tumblr[/color] Read...fave...reblog...repeat...
steenajack

Postby ChristianKitsune » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:44 pm

Wow.
It's definately not for those who get queasy... Lots of blood, given the source material. Bones breaking are also shown. I found myself cringing and crying. It's almost as powerful as The Passion of the Christ...only in 9 minutes...

I think it's a pretty good example of what "Christian" anime SHOULD be as far as production values go, the animation was really good, and I found the scene where the criminal was flashing back was really interesting...

It was a little strange to hear all the actors have an English accent, but even Hollywood does that to show foreign languages so...meh.

Over all, a very powerful piece, I'll definitely be sharing it. Thanks so much!
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby Sheol777 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:34 am

Pretty cool, I like.

Now if you will excuse me, I have a FaceBook post to write.
Image........... My Deep Space Nine Podcast ........... My Anime List...........
Sheol777

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:45 am

Incredible animation, great voice-acting, well-written (if overly familiar). I found it hugely intense, but it's not meant to be pleasant. I didn't really care for the blurred flashback effect - looked a bit awkward, but for the most part this goes to show the production values and quality that Christians should aim for in art. Didn't cause me to cry like Passion of the Christ, but it was as difficult to watch. I thought the ending was very, very good.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby TopazRaven » Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:04 am

Truly amazing animation and the flashbacks where really interesting, but did it ever make me cringe! I am not good with blood. A very grim reminder of what Jesus had to go through for us though. He was so brave, so selfless! I don't know about you guys, but if I where in His situation I can't say I would have done what He did. I'm a cowardly and selfish person all in all.
For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

NIV, Romans 8:38-39.
TopazRaven

Postby UniqueAngelStar » Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:17 am

Wow. This was very amazing.
I was really scared of the bloody parts because I don't usually like to see gore and blood, even though I'm considerably mature to see these things.
But it was realistic because this is what really happen to him.
I almost cried, it made me sad that Jesus had to suffer the worst pain for our sins.
It was good timing to watch this in Reincarnation Sunday(Easter) time.
ImageImage
[color="DarkOrchid"]@)[/color][color="DarkGreen"]}~`,~[/color][color="DeepSkyBlue"] Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.[/color]
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]Proud member of[/color] MOES!
UniqueAngelStar

Postby KumoriJinsoku » Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:47 pm

Hey guys did you see the new.... aw... I was beaten too it.

Something I would like to add:

"The new film is a 9-minute story, which utilizes dialogue from the original “JESUSâ€
KumoriJinsoku

Postby Yamamaya » Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:07 pm

Blood usually doesn't bother me at all, but this...made me cringe. Very powerful. It shows what Christ had to go through. My only wish was that it could be longer.
Yamamaya

Postby Wallachia » Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:37 pm

That was pretty cool. Since it's by Studio 4C, I'll try and submit it to the MAL database.

EDIT: Where's my Anime about Samson?

Wallachia

Postby Sapphire225 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:06 pm

Wow..what beautiful animation. Brings out the true happenstance and emotion of that time of Jesus's execution. It is alot like the Passion of Christ. Like many, even though I can take violence, this made me just...wow.
"Because the World isn't as cruel as you take it to be." ~ Celty, Durarara!!

Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."
~Deuteronomy 31:6

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We live in a fantasy world, a world of illusion. The great task in life is to find reality. ~ Iris Murdoch
Sapphire225

Postby ChristianKitsune » Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:24 pm

I have just never seen this story told through the eyes of that criminal. I thought it was pretty striking and a completely different way to tell the story..
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby aliveinHim » Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:23 pm

VERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRY touching. I nearly froze and fainted. Now you all see why I rejoice in my Savior's love :).
"And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins, in which you once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience, among whom also we all once conducted ourselves in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, just as the others.
But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, that in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us in Christ Jesus." Ephesians 2:1-7

http://oribichan94.deviantart.com/
aliveinHim

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews