To all the guys of CAA

Talk about anything in here.

Postby Peanut » Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:21 pm

Now that Sean Connery has been posted in this thread, I can officially say it is indeed a man thread. Now if you'll excuse me I have stuff to go blow up and then walk away from (in slow motion).
CAA's Resident Starcraft Expert

goldenspines wrote:Its only stealing if you don't get caught.
Peanut

Postby Yamamaya » Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:51 pm

Funny you mentioned James Bond as I have this story idea in the back of mind, a deconstruction of the Secret agent genre.

But I suppose that's not very manly.
Yamamaya

Postby Midori » Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:53 pm

Deconstructing things is manly. Just this morning I was helping deconstruct the siding of out house. An hour ago I deconstructed a leg of chicken.
Midori

Postby Peanut » Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:56 pm

Yamamaya (post: 1470201) wrote:Funny you mentioned James Bond as I have this story idea in the back of mind, a deconstruction of the Secret agent genre.

But I suppose that's not very manly.

Already did it...in middle school.
CAA's Resident Starcraft Expert

goldenspines wrote:Its only stealing if you don't get caught.
Peanut

Postby c.t.,girl » Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:16 am

whoa whoa whoa...NO CHUCK NORRIS?! come on guys...or are you not man enough to have this thread blow up with just that man's picture?
[color="DarkOrange"]"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things... hey... the good things don't always soften the bad things; but vice-versa the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant." -11th Doctor

"The advice I like to give young artists, or really anybody who’ll listen to me, is not to wait around for inspiration. Inspiration is for amateurs; the rest of us just show up and get to work. If you wait around for the clouds to part and a bolt of lightning to strike you in the brain, you are not going to make an awful lot of work. All the best ideas come out of the process; they come out of the work itself. Things occur to you. If you’re sitting around trying to dream up a great art idea, you can sit there a long time before anything happens. But if you just get to work, something will occur to you and something else will occur to you and something else that you reject will push you in another direction. Inspiration is absolutely unnecessary and somehow deceptive. You feel like you need this great idea before you can get down to work, and I find that’s almost never the case." - Chuck Close[/color]
c.t.,girl

Postby Xeno » Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:32 am

c.t.,girl (post: 1470226) wrote:whoa whoa whoa...NO CHUCK NORRIS?! come on guys...or are you not man enough to have this thread blow up with just that man's picture?

Note: I mad a manly men thread, not a demi-god thread. Chuck Norris makes all other men look like 4 year old girls.
Xeno

Postby c.t.,girl » Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:36 am

Xeno (post: 1470230) wrote:Note: I mad a manly men thread, not a demi-god thread. Chuck Norris makes all other men look like 4 year old girls.

i totally wish i could like this post a bajillion times. XD
[color="DarkOrange"]"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things... hey... the good things don't always soften the bad things; but vice-versa the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant." -11th Doctor

"The advice I like to give young artists, or really anybody who’ll listen to me, is not to wait around for inspiration. Inspiration is for amateurs; the rest of us just show up and get to work. If you wait around for the clouds to part and a bolt of lightning to strike you in the brain, you are not going to make an awful lot of work. All the best ideas come out of the process; they come out of the work itself. Things occur to you. If you’re sitting around trying to dream up a great art idea, you can sit there a long time before anything happens. But if you just get to work, something will occur to you and something else will occur to you and something else that you reject will push you in another direction. Inspiration is absolutely unnecessary and somehow deceptive. You feel like you need this great idea before you can get down to work, and I find that’s almost never the case." - Chuck Close[/color]
c.t.,girl

Postby Sapphire225 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:17 am

[quote="Midori (post: 1470176)"]Traps are not good examples of beautiful guys, since they are rejecting the 'guy' part of the phrase. Sesshō]

Well, she said "beautiful" men. And he is ridiculously beautiful to the point of being girly, and, despite looking like a 13-year-old girl, is biologically a man. :P
"Because the World isn't as cruel as you take it to be." ~ Celty, Durarara!!

Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."
~Deuteronomy 31:6

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We live in a fantasy world, a world of illusion. The great task in life is to find reality. ~ Iris Murdoch
Sapphire225

Postby Wolf-man » Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:21 am

Now this topic is complete.
Wolf-man

Postby Midori » Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:02 pm

Go velociraptors! Show him what being a man is all about!
Midori

Postby Yamamaya » Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:15 pm

Mr Rogers is the true manly man. He once defeated Chuck Norris in personal combat. Because he was friends with Chuck Norris, he pledged never to tell anyone about this battle so as to preserve Chuck's reputation. Mr. Rogers then went on to become the child program host we all know and love.

Chuck Norris cried many manly tears when Mr. Rogers died.
Yamamaya

Postby Jingo Jaden » Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:05 pm

I cannot say what the essence of manliness is, but I suspect it lies somewhere in the category of making hundreds of heads explode, making hundreds of identical shirts get ripped by anger alone and saving the world from cruel regime all for the woman he loves.

His brother is on a horse.

Of two evils, choose neither - Charles Spurgeon.

Jingo Jaden

Postby Sparx00 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:20 pm

Midori (post: 1470112) wrote:Image

The result of this equation = Error.
No man should be that beautiful. Then again, he isn't a normal man is he?

Sapphire225 (post: 1470134) wrote:Image

Why... Just... WHY. No man should have his manliness stripped from him like this poor soul...
You wish you could shred like me.
Sparx00

Postby Diamond Dragon » Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:41 pm

*wonders why no DBZ pics have come up* XDDDD
(Pic made by Bio! <3)

DiamondDragon - the Sky pokemon
Ruling the skies on its thick wings, this Pokemon is feared by all flying beasts. Its twinkling wings change in the sunlight. Some people believe that this pokemon actually has diamonds that grow on its skin. Despite its intimidating size, it is an extremely friendly ally and a very dangerous enemy.
@)}~`,~
Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.
http://dragcave.net/view/JXKV4
Diamond Dragon

Postby Nate » Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:11 pm

This thread still isn't manly enough.

There we go. Much manlier now.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Ante Bellum » Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:14 pm

Xeno (post: 1470230) wrote:Note: I mad a manly men thread, not a demi-god thread. Chuck Norris makes all other men look like 4 year old girls.

I take it you've never heard of Mad Jack Churchill, then.
Ante Bellum

Postby Solid Ronin » Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:15 pm

Diamond Dragon (post: 1470325) wrote:*wonders why no DBZ pics have come up* XDDDD

Cause We're in shock...
Solid Ronin

Postby Nate » Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:21 pm

Fist of the North Star IS totally manly. As proven by this pic.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Solid Ronin » Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:24 pm

Nate (post: 1470368) wrote:Fist of the North Star IS totally manly. As proven by this pic.

To Nate,

With Hate, Eric.
Solid Ronin

Postby Diamond Dragon » Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:31 pm

Nate (post: 1470364) wrote:This thread still isn't manly enough.

What's with the pony thing? :eyebrow:
(Pic made by Bio! <3)

DiamondDragon - the Sky pokemon
Ruling the skies on its thick wings, this Pokemon is feared by all flying beasts. Its twinkling wings change in the sunlight. Some people believe that this pokemon actually has diamonds that grow on its skin. Despite its intimidating size, it is an extremely friendly ally and a very dangerous enemy.
@)}~`,~
Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.
http://dragcave.net/view/JXKV4
Diamond Dragon

Postby R86 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:03 pm

I'm guessing it's a reference to this thread.

In the meantime, I tried to find a pic of Berserk's Guts, but was hard pressed to find one that was both (a) authentic and (b) not completely splattered with blood. So I'll have to let the ponies suffice. :)
R86

Postby ashfire » Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:01 pm

I use to ride the backstep of a firetruck and dressed in my gear while doing it. Is that man enough
ashfire

Postby R86 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:25 pm

Well, I look at it this way. Which of the following guys would I want to be responsible for saving me or my loved ones from a burning building?

Choice A:

Yes sir. Thank you so much for rescuing me, sir. Please put the axe down now, sir.

Choice B: [SIZE="1"](and yes, this is a boy, or so we are told*)[/SIZE]

(dies laughing, then dead body burned to a crisp by rising flames)

As far as I'm concerned, it's a no-brainer.

[SIZE="1"]*Namely, Fuuchouin Kazuki of GetBackers, who probably COULD save someone from a burning building, but would it be worth it?[/SIZE]
R86

Postby Rusty Claymore » Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:08 pm

I don't get why that guy tatoo'd his chest with the Alaskan flag, Ronin... He isn't even Alaskan. Alaskans use guns. XD
Proverbs 31:32 "...when she watches anime, she keeps the room well lit and sits at a safe distance."
Rusty Claymore

Postby Wolf-man » Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:15 pm

Nate (post: 1470364) wrote:This thread still isn't manly enough.

Real men watch the Ponies...
Wolf-man

Postby Jingo Jaden » Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:17 pm

Rusty Claymore (post: 1470413) wrote:I don't get why that guy tatoo'd his chest with the Alaskan flag, Ronin... He isn't even Alaskan. Alaskans use guns. XD

Firstly, it is not a tattoo. It is a scar. Secondly, it is not so much the Alaskan flag as it is the big dipper.

Thirdly, this is my comment to you Alaskans and your puny 'guns'

Of two evils, choose neither - Charles Spurgeon.

Jingo Jaden

Postby ADXC » Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:12 am

Diamond Dragon (post: 1470325) wrote:*wonders why no DBZ pics have come up* XDDDD

Ok, since you brought it up!

ADXC

Postby ABlipinTime » Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:46 am

trying to pick up man points as i read through here.

thought i might add this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1I3pSZGCuHA
- God is always with us, especially when we feel most alone.
http://ablipintime.deviantart.com/
Htom Sirveaux (post: 1435089) - "We should all start speaking telepathically."
Midori (post: 1457302) "Sometimes, if I try hard, I can speak in English."
(post: 1481465) "Overthinking is an art."
Goldenspines - "Fighting the bad guys and rescuing princesses from trolls and all that. "
ABlipinTime

Postby ashfire » Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:15 am

ashfire (post: 1470387) wrote:I use to ride the backstep of a firetruck and dressed in my gear while doing it. Is that man enough

I will say this. We can't ride the backstep anymore because of safety issues. The gear we wore and used was heavier than todays gear.
I was 130lbs and now around 150 lbs. I was in my late teens back then and now in my 50s.
My regular job I have to wrestle around large truck tires and 55 gallion drums of oil in my storage area at work.
ashfire

Postby Rusty Claymore » Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:34 am

Thirdly, this is my comment to you Alaskans and your puny 'guns'

I'm gonna assume you're trying to be funny and issue you a courtesy laugh. Ah-hah.

So according to the data manliness consists of DBZ firefighter ponies... XD
Proverbs 31:32 "...when she watches anime, she keeps the room well lit and sits at a safe distance."
Rusty Claymore

Previous Next

Return to General