Japan's gracious and dignified people

Talk about anything in here.

Postby shooraijin » Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:49 am

What Midori said. I think the point's made.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Kunoichi » Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:59 am

Going back to OT:

I won't go into a "godless" nation to a "godful" nation. Personally people are people and such thing in my opinion doesn't exist. It's a moot point.

As already stated I agree with the fact that culture has much to do with the reaction of perhaps Japan as a nation's response. Do I believe every single person in Japan is not taking advantage of the situation? No. As I said people are people.

Do I believe that every single person in Katrina was looting, breaking the law, and not helping others? No.

Regardless of nation, of what people deem to a nation as, doesn't really matter. People are people and I am glad to see that so many are helping each other in this terrible devastation.

My opinion.

God bless
I am on the forefront of battle against the demons of earth. All Praise and Glory be given to God Forever and Ever!

:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:
Kunoichi

Postby ST. Attidude » Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:27 pm

I probably don't like where this is going as much as a lot of people here but I'll only say this:

If you thought America is the most ironic, what about Jerusalem from biblical times?...
ST. Attidude

Postby Adorima » Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:15 pm

Yeah, we should all be very careful not to be judgemental even as we preach and correct our fellow Christian brothers and sister.

I'd like to post what I think the bible has to say about when bad things happen to good people:

Call to Repent
1 Now on the same occasion there were some present who reported to Him about the Galileans whose blood Pilate had mixed with their sacrifices. 2 And Jesus said to them, "Do you suppose that these Galileans were greater sinners than all other Galileans because they suffered this fate? 3 "I tell you, no, but unless you repent, you will all likewise perish.
~ Luke 13:1-3

Healing the Man Born Blind
1 As He passed by, He saw a man blind from birth. 2 And His disciples asked Him, "1Rabbi, who sinned, 2this man or his 3parents, that he would be born blind ?" 3 Jesus answered, "It was neither that this man sinned, nor his parents ; but it was so 4that the works of God might be displayed in him. John 9:1-3

So in conclusion, it's very hard for any of us with our finite minds to understand how a person's faith actions have merited punishment or reward. All I know for sure is that the televangelists who preach health and wealth for believers are dead wrong. They are lying about reality and they are lying about the purpose of the Christian faith. Our faith in Jesus is to provide us with a foundation when life's storms come, so that we are not overwhelmed with despair and to lead us into action for His glory and good will - not to make us untouchable.

Jesus teaches that the temporal tragedies (ie. natural disasters, death of a loved one, loss of jobs) aren't a grading scale where you can indefinitely judge someone's goodness or badness by, but that for those who reject Truth, that there will be punishment in due time, whether it be now, or in the afterlife.

God bless these people of integrity and honor! The people of Japan.
Adorima

Postby TheMewster » Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:18 pm

Adorima (post: 1469961) wrote:Yeah, we should all be very careful not to be judgemental even as we preach and correct our brothers and sisters.

I'd like to post what I think the bible has to say about when bad things happen to good people:

So in conclusion, it's very hard for any of us with our finite minds to understand how a person's faith actions have merited punishment or reward. All I know for sure is that the televangelists who preach health and wealth for believers are dead wrong. They are lying about reality and they are lying about the purpose of the Christian faith. Our faith in Jesus is to provide us with a foundation when life's storms come, so that we are not overwhelmed with despair and to lead us into action for His glory and good will - not to make us untouchable.

Jesus teaches that the temporal tragedies (ie. natural disasters, death of a loved one, loss of jobs) aren't a grading scale where you can indefinitely judge someone's goodness or badness by, but that for those who reject Truth, that there will be punishment in due time, whether it be now, or in the afterlife.

God bless these people of integrity and honor! The people of Japan.

One word I wanna add:Amen.
So the poor has hope, and injustice shuts her mouth. ~Job 5:16 WEB~
For you are my hope, Lord Yahweh; my confidence from my youth. ~Psalm 71:5 WEB~
TheMewster

Previous

Return to General