Meet Leon!

Talk about anything in here.

Meet Leon!

Postby Sheenar » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:40 am

I got an email today from my service dog program with a photo attached of my successor service dog Leon (I will be flying to PA in June to go through Team Training with him.) He will be taking over the job of my first service dog Pebbles who retired last April (a year ago.)

Just wanted to share --he is such a handsome guy!

I am so excited to meet him in 2 months! :D
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby Okami » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:44 am

Aww! Labs are so sweet. :)

He is handsome, indeed! <3
~*~ Blessed to be Ryosuke's wife!
"We will be her church, the body of Christ coming alive to
meet her needs, to write love on her arms." ~ Jamie Tworkowski
Okami

Postby Diamond Dragon » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:46 am

He's beautiful! I'm so happy for you!
(Pic made by Bio! <3)

DiamondDragon - the Sky pokemon
Ruling the skies on its thick wings, this Pokemon is feared by all flying beasts. Its twinkling wings change in the sunlight. Some people believe that this pokemon actually has diamonds that grow on its skin. Despite its intimidating size, it is an extremely friendly ally and a very dangerous enemy.
@)}~`,~
Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.
http://dragcave.net/view/JXKV4
Diamond Dragon

Postby Nami » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:52 am

Aww! He's adorable! That's awesome!! ^_^
[color="Red"][SIZE="3"]Swiftly Dissin' and never Missin'.
Yours Truly,
Sick of all the BSin'.[/SIZE][/color]
Nami

Location: Sitting in a tree, waiting for you. *sinister grin*

Postby Diamond Dragon » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:52 am

I just want to cover him with kisses!!!!! X3
(Pic made by Bio! <3)

Ruling the skies on its thick wings, this Pokemon is feared by all flying beasts. Its twinkling wings change in the sunlight. Some people believe that this pokemon actually has diamonds that grow on its skin. Despite its intimidating size, it is an extremely friendly ally and a very dangerous enemy.
@)}~`,~
Diamond Dragon

Postby ChristianKitsune » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:02 am

Aww so cute! ^_^
Out of curiosity what happened to that labradoodle you had so many cute pictures of?
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby Atria35 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:58 pm

I love dogs, and he's a gorgeous one! Congrats!
Atria35

Postby Radical Dreamer » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:40 pm

So glad to see you finally got some information on him! He's so pretty! I'll be praying that things go especially smoothly as you start training with him!
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Sheenar » Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:31 pm

ChristianKitsune (post: 1469744) wrote:Aww so cute! ^_^
Out of curiosity what happened to that labradoodle you had so many cute pictures of?

Back in November, he was washed out of training due to separation anxiety and some pretty severe noise sensitivity issues. He's now in a home with a family as a pet and is much happier. :)
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby Wolf-man » Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:30 pm

what a cute doggie! He looks just like my late dog. I miss him.:waah!:
He is still a cutie though. May I ask (if it's not too presumptuous) why you need a service dog? I hope this doesn't sound like a rude question. I am just curious.
Wolf-man

Postby Sheenar » Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:51 pm

What my first dog helped me with (and what Leon will help with) is mainly counterbalance while walking so I don't fall, help up/down stairs, help out of a chair, help off of the ground/floor, retrieval, tugging off socks/jackets, opening doors/pushing door buttons, some hearing tasks (like signaling me when someone says my name) and a few other things.

I have a neuromuscular disorder (yet to be diagnosed, but thought to be a form of muscular dystrophy) that affects my balance, muscle strength, endurance, etc. I have also begun to lose my hearing, so the hearing tasks will come in real handy.

Sheenar

Postby Nanao » Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:26 pm

awwe! Love labs. Beautiful dog.
[color="RoyalBlue"]My help comes from the Lord, maker of heaven and earth.[/color] Psalm 121:2
[color="Pink"]@)[/color][color="Green"]}~`,~[/color] Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.
Nanao

Postby MomentOfInertia » Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:19 pm

Nice!
MAL - CAA MAL club - Avatar from Hyouka
"DaughterOfZion 06:19 - forget love, fudge conquers all. xD"
"Written assignments are never finished, only due." -me
-Speak not unless you can improve the silence.-
MOES: Members Observing Efficient Sigs
MomentOfInertia

Postby Sheenar » Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:14 pm

I got my Team Training packet in the mail today and included was another photo of Leon:

Sheenar

Postby Diamond Dragon » Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:42 pm

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw!!!!!!!!!!!! Total Kawainess!!!!!!! X3
(Pic made by Bio! <3)

@)}~`,~
Diamond Dragon

Postby Atria35 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 5:13 pm

Too Freaking Adorable! xDD
Atria35

Return to General