Do you think in your own voice?

Talk about anything in here.

Postby mysngoeshere56 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:33 pm

I think it depends on what I'm thinking at the time. Sometimes yes, sometimes no.

I guess typically, I think in my voice, but in sort of a whispering tone. I typically talk to myself in my head, and just voice my opinions/thoughts without saying them unless I have to. XD And people whisper when they say things they don't want/expect a lot of people to hear. But, all in all, it depends on what it is and what I'm feeling at the time.
-Sno
mysngoeshere56

Postby Atria35 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:32 am

I remember in school, we read a short story about a woman who was standing and ironing and thinking to herself. One guy in the class didn't understand her thinking to herself- he said that she was crazy. The rest of the class raised there hands when the teacher asked if anyone in the class thought to theirself.
Atria35

Postby Nami » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:27 am

FllMtl Novelist (post: 1466569) wrote:I'm not sure I think (as in, muse or whatever) with a voice, but when I read to myself, I usually hear my voice (or some version of it) in my head. And that voice can pronounce anything, even stuff I can't pronounce no matter how hard I try. XD

XDDD the voices in my head can pronounce anything too!!

Okami (post: 1466582) wrote:The voice I think in is different from my "spoken voice" (as in, I hear myself speak in a voice recording or video and I don't sound right to myself. Yet, when I hear myself speak, it sounds like the voice inside my head.) The voice in my head can also pronounce words that I otherwise couldn't and is a lot more expressive than I typically am spoken aloud. (I write much better than I speak, and often find myself fumbling to get words that I would know in my head out by tongue.)

I write better than I speak too, but thanks to my job, I'm learning to speak better too!!

I think in many different voices, and when I read books, all the voices are different, the way I picture them is the way they sound. And any word said on paper can be easily pronounced in my head, unlike when I try to speak it... >_>;

And when I write, the words for the characters comes out different...well, with 5 different personalities, we're looking at over.. 100 different voices, or more!
[color="Red"][SIZE="3"]Swiftly Dissin' and never Missin'.
Yours Truly,
Sick of all the BSin'.[/SIZE][/color]
Nami

Location: Sitting in a tree, waiting for you. *sinister grin*

Postby sh51 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:04 am

Most of the time I think in my own voice.
But sometimes not. Sometimes I think in the voice of anime or game characters ecpecially the those with low tone voice

I write better than I speak too,

Me too. and I write more than I speak.
sh51

Postby Sapphire225 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:15 am

Atria35 (post: 1466816) wrote:I don't think of myself in the third person.

However, I do give my inner voice an 'avatar' of my own creation. I like to use her when I'm thinking about myself.

Same for me. When I think in my own voice, I tend to imagine a more animesque version of me.

Mr. SmartyPants (post: 1466837) wrote:I do not think in my own voice. Actually most of the time I don't even think with any form of imagery unless I explicitly have to. I'm a very conceptual and abstract thinker.

So if I think about the number "1", I don't imagine a "1" but the idea of one.

Wow, that's different. I'm a visual person, and tend to think of images of numbers when I count and letters when I spell.

MrKrillz0r (post: 1466838) wrote:I have english me and swedish me. Since I talk so much english online I tend to think in english sometimes, and the english voice I somewhat different from my swedish one somehow. (At least in my mind, I hope it isn't in real life)

And then I have spanish me which sounds like a retard 'cuz whenever I think in spanish I sound like those sound tapes we had at school. (Thinking in spanish rarely happens, and if its does its probably just a really easy sentance since I'm totally worthless at the language itself)

*Note how I used sometimes, somewhat and somehow in the same sentance*

I sometimes have to switch up mindsets for when I have to speak french when talkin with my french-speaking conversation partner or whenever I'm in my french class. I find myself thinking in french and completely understanding what it is, but mess up when I speak aloud. weird...but like someone said before, the voice in my head can pronounce almost everything correctly.

sh51 (post: 1466980) wrote:Most of the time I think in my own voice.
But sometimes not. Sometimes I think in the voice of anime or game characters ecpecially the those with low tone voice

Me too. and I write more than I speak.

Likewise. Sometims I think in Vic's voice. Sometimes Crispin Freeman's voice. and...thanks to Kaligraphic, now I sometimes find myself thing in Morgan Freeman's voice. :lol:
"Because the World isn't as cruel as you take it to be." ~ Celty, Durarara!!

Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."
~Deuteronomy 31:6

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We live in a fantasy world, a world of illusion. The great task in life is to find reality. ~ Iris Murdoch
Sapphire225

Postby Lilac#18 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:36 pm

[color="Plum"]Good question. Most of the time I think in my own voice and sometimes I think in someone else's voice. The voices I think in are other peoples' voice, like english voices of anime characters or voices of people in real life when I'm reading. But sometimes I think with my own voice when reading.

Also, I can read better in my head than I can out loud. I can read out loud, but it's easier and I could read faster in my head.[/color]
FKA Selenite
B careful of bad habits u form when ur single. In most cases u'll carry them over into ur marriage! - Damita Haddon

"Apparently, it takes more than just the sword." - Mirai (Future) Trunks

24When you lie down, you shall not be afraid; yes, you shall lie down, and your sleep shall be sweet. Proverbs 3:24 AMP

@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.

Lilac#18

Postby Dr.Faust » Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:20 pm

Everyone says i sound and look like i'm 20 but i really am not a big fan of my voice
Check out my boy's art: http://www.arttronik.com/
Dr.Faust

Postby Magicman7200 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:23 pm

yeah the voices in my head are probably me when I was like 10 or 12 but I have a medium deep voice I guess
Magicman7200

Postby Atria35 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:46 pm

Dr.Faust (post: 1467299) wrote:Everyone says i sound and look like i'm 20 but i really am not a big fan of my voice

..... I don't think that's the question. Try again :)
Atria35

Postby Edward » Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:00 pm

sailorsaturn (post: 1466596) wrote:When I'm thinking I usually think with a voice that is like mine but a bit higher than it actually is. When I'm reading the narrative is usually what I imagine the author sounds like and characters are in the voice that I imagine they sound like.

I'm exactly the same way. Whenever I hear a recording of myself speaking, I always think "There's no way that's me speaking." Whenever I read, sometimes I come up with a voice for the narrator, and sometimes I use my own thinking voice, but I always read dialogue in distinctly different voices. And I don't know if anyone else does this, but if I'm reading something written by a woman, then I always read the narrative in a woman's voice, but if it's written by a man, I'll read it in a man's voice.
[thread=43825]MOES[/thread] One sig to rule them all. One sig to find them. One sig to bring them all, and in 250 px or less bind them. In the land of Mordor, where the sigs do not scroll.

Real men don't sparkle, real men defeat dark wizards.

"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends."

chatbot 07:24 - Edward asks, do you ever give relevant answers chatty?
My answer: No
Edward

Postby Xeno » Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:52 am

Yes, when I think I hear an internalized version of one of the voices I use. Though it's based on how I hear that voice when I talk, when I listen back to a recording it sounds completely different. If I'm reading a book based on a movie or show that I've seen though I tend to internalize the actors voice to their lines in the book.

Also after watching a bunch of Doctor Who my internal voice will develop an English or a Scottish accent for a short period of time.
Xeno

Previous

Return to General