Question?

Talk about anything in here.

Question?

Postby AnimeMother » Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:02 am

Okay roleplayings... does anyone here rp? Like normal rps? With Ocs and sometimes actual anime characters?

(I have to go to school so I didn't have much time to put some stuff up. ^^')
~Trees don't grow in a day
~God created them to grow
~To grow in their own time

^.^ I love god with all my heart. :3 :angel:
:dance:
AnimeMother

Postby Dante » Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:12 am

There is this magical section of the site called "Roleplay", with various different RPs that are going on. But sadly, not that many take interest in it as they used to - nor do I know if anything we do could be called "normal" XD.

OOC: Sorry, had to tease.
Dante

Postby Atria35 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:13 am

Yes, but not on this site, normaly. It can be hard when you have 5 characters in three different places going on in the same thread- it confuses me. So I roleplay on boards specifically for it.
Atria35

Postby AnimeMother » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:47 pm

Pascal (post: 1468092) wrote:There is this magical section of the site called "Roleplay", with various different RPs that are going on. But sadly, not that many take interest in it as they used to - nor do I know if anything we do could be called "normal" XD.

OOC: Sorry, had to tease.

See I saw that section but it seems more like a free for all rather then a 2 person one on one rp.

Atria35 (post: 1468097) wrote:Yes, but not on this site, normaly. It can be hard when you have 5 characters in three different places going on in the same thread- it confuses me. So I roleplay on boards specifically for it.

I usually rp in one thread and not moving. Setting the scene and such... um... And I tend to use multipule characters because it's fun. XD I'm a weirdo I know. ^_^

AnimeMother

Postby Atria35 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:57 pm

Not quite what I meant- there's only one thread for the entire RP on here, so that means three people will be RPing that they're in the video store, and those posts are all mixed up with the five that are treasure hunting. That's what gets confusing.

And why I prefer to RP on roleplay-only boards.
Atria35

Postby AnimeMother » Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:13 pm

Atria35 (post: 1468162) wrote:Not quite what I meant- there's only one thread for the entire RP on here, so that means three people will be RPing that they're in the video store, and those posts are all mixed up with the five that are treasure hunting. That's what gets confusing.

And why I prefer to RP on roleplay-only boards.

I see. Yeah I have a anime rp site I made. YAY for proboards.com. XD But people have categories for their art and categories for rps only, then the general board and other stuff. XD You know the basics. :D

I only rp with one other person. I hate 3 way or more rps, they confuse the sugar out of me. :3

AnimeMother

Postby goldenspines » Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:29 pm

It's hard to find one on one RPing anywhere since it tends to be boring and not very purpose filled. Plus, for various reasons, we discourage it here. It's better to be inclusive than exclusive on a large forum.
goldenspines

Postby Atria35 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:31 pm

goldenspines (post: 1468174) wrote:It's hard to find one on one RPing anywhere since it tends to be boring and not very purpose filled. Plus, for various reasons, we discourage it here. It's better to be inclusive than exclusive on a large forum.

I can see why it'd be discouraged here. But most every RP I've ever done has tons of one-on-ones- never really had a problem with it.
Atria35

Postby goldenspines » Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:50 pm

Atria35 (post: 1468175) wrote:I can see why it'd be discouraged here. But most every RP I've ever done has tons of one-on-ones- never really had a problem with it.
Oh, you mean one on one inside one large RPG? Yeah, I've seen that and that's usually all right. (as long as you don't ignore anyone else who tries to meet up with your character as your carrying on RPing with someone else).

I was under the impression that AnimeMother was talking about RPs with only two people in them as opposed to many people (who may or may not be pursuing their own little story arcs and sometimes crossing paths with other groups). RPGs with just two people are discouraged here.
goldenspines

Postby Atria35 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:03 pm

Oh! Okay. Yeah, that's what I was talking about, and now I get what you were talking about. Thanks for clarifying! xD
Atria35

Postby AnimeMother » Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:15 pm

goldenspines (post: 1468174) wrote:It's hard to find one on one RPing anywhere since it tends to be boring and not very purpose filled. Plus, for various reasons, we discourage it here. It's better to be inclusive than exclusive on a large forum.

Actually I've found plenty of them. I just have so many ideas and am always looking for new people to rp with. ^_^ It's fun to learn everyone's style of rping.

One on one is always a better rp, just depends on if you and the person you are rping with are compatible rpers. Also it helps to have a good story line thought out.

AnimeMother

Postby Atria35 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:23 pm

AnimeMother (post: 1468193) wrote:One on one is always a better rp, just depends on if you and the person you are rping with are compatible rpers. Also it helps to have a good story line thought out.

He, uh, explained that wasn't what she was saying :sweat: It was my mistake.

Oh, you mean one on one inside one large RPG? Yeah, I've seen that and that's usually all right. (as long as you don't ignore anyone else who tries to meet up with your character as your carrying on RPing with someone else).
Atria35

Postby shooraijin » Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:40 pm

He, uh, explained that wasn't what he was saying It was my mistake.

Slight point of order: Goldy's a she. :P
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Atria35 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:41 pm

^ I'm totally blaming my keyboard. I'ts been having issues.
Atria35

Postby AnimeMother » Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:52 pm

It's the computers fault! BAck on topic! XD lol *claps hands together*

AnimeMother

Postby Atria35 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:56 pm

I, uh, think the question has been answered. Unless there's something else you want to know?
Atria35

Postby Seto_Sora » Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:50 pm

Hmmm... I was noticing that there wasn't much for Roleplaying lately. Mostly why I haven't jumped in is because the ideas haven't grabbed me. I don't know about this 2 person RP... that doesn't grab me either. But meybe we just need an opportunity for some of the members to kinda brainstorm an idea together??? I've noticed most of the RPs here are started by one person and then seem kinda limited. I dunno, when I RPed on another forum, it was a good three to five of us heading it up. Just a thought. I'm kinda curious if others here are thinking like me, that there just aren't that many options right now.

SDG
This

Seto_Sora

Postby Yamamaya » Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:59 pm

You can always start an RP in the roleplaying section if you wish. I really like to RP :D
Yamamaya

Postby TopazRaven » Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:35 pm

I enjoy roleplaying, but I haven't tried it on here yet. I'm a bit shy and considering I always make terrible spelling errors I usually just don't attempt roleplaying unless it's with people who don't mind my spellling mistakes or general craziness. I also won't RP anime characters with anyone unless I'm really comfortable with them as I have a fear of making them seem OOC. I also tend to RP better with animals (wolves, dogs, cats, tigers, lion, foxes, owls, rats, ferrets, dragons, etc) then with people and I've noticed some may find that weird.
For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

NIV, Romans 8:38-39.
TopazRaven

Return to General