I love you guys.

Talk about anything in here.

Postby Nami » Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:15 am

Hiryu (post: 1467385) wrote:They speak the truth, but they left out the other side of the coin. Yea, if you don't follow the law, you're not a christian, but just following the law isn't all what it takes to be a christian. Infact, the other thing is more important than following the law. It's being saved by God's grace, and having faith. You cannot have one without the other.

*nods* What he said.

But we will make mistakes. ^_^
[color="Red"][SIZE="3"]Swiftly Dissin' and never Missin'.
Yours Truly,
Sick of all the BSin'.[/SIZE][/color]
Nami

Location: Sitting in a tree, waiting for you. *sinister grin*

Postby K. Ayato » Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:20 am

Paul makes it clear in Romans 3 that the Old Testament laws were not written out so that the Israelites could follow them. If you take a good look, they're impossible to keep EVERY SINGLE DAY, and they broke 'em constantly. No, they were there to point out that one can't keep the law and be perfect. It's impossible. That's why Paul makes it clear that when Jesus came, He fulfilled the law, and now we're under grace :).
K. Ayato: What happens if you press the small red button?

*Explosion goes off in the movie*

mechana2015: Does that answer your question?

K. Ayato: Perfectly.

Prayer sister of kaji, sticksabuser, Angel37, and Doubleshadow --Love you guys! :)
K. Ayato

Postby TopazRaven » Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:48 am

Nami (post: 1467381) wrote:Yaaay! I want to marry a man too~ :D

Same, sometimes the lies just come so easily, it scares me o_O well, crude jokes are something I deal with at my work. XD I don't appreciate them, but I usually just shake my head and smile a little, so they know I'm not offended, but that I don't really like it either. XD Well, maybe a little stricter, I grew up in a fairly strict Christian household, but.. my dad wasn't the greatest person alive :/ Its ok, regardless of how you grew up, its how you decide to change and how you decide to live. ^_^

For me it all depends on the joke honestly. If it's really gross or hard-core or whatever it's like ew. If it's more subtle and just meant to poke fun at something I usually laugh.

aliveinHim (post: 1467384) wrote:TopazRaven, just remember, "And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish]
Thank you and I'll try.

Hiryu (post: 1467385) wrote:They speak the truth, but they left out the other side of the coin. Yea, if you don't follow the law, you're not a christian, but just following the law isn't all what it takes to be a christian. Infact, the other thing is more important than following the law. It's being saved by God's grace, and having faith. You cannot have one without the other.

I know, I just kind of have a hard time figuring out how I'm supposed to act. I know the bible has guidelines, but it isn't working for me it seems. I constantly worry I'm breaking some sin or rule I forgot about or haven't read about yet and it's driving me nuts. I'm trying to be stronger in my faith, but the moment someone puts me down or I think God is mad at me I get sick to my stomach. I need to stop being so dang sensitive. It's just, I think it's ironic people are telling me I can't be a Christian. Wasn't it Jesus who said," they will know you are my people by how you treat others," or something like that? Some Christians are the nastiest people I've ever met. Way to practice what they preach. By the way, I'm not saying anyone here is like that. You're all awesome.

K. Ayato (post: 1467389) wrote:Paul makes it clear in Romans 3 that the Old Testament laws were not written out so that the Israelites could follow them. If you take a good look, they're impossible to keep EVERY SINGLE DAY, and they broke 'em constantly. No, they were there to point out that one can't keep the law and be perfect. It's impossible. That's why Paul makes it clear that when Jesus came, He fulfilled the law, and now we're under grace :).

That's what I thought. If you hear so many differeny things from people it just starts to get confusing.

Thanks for all the info everyone.
For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

NIV, Romans 8:38-39.
TopazRaven

Postby Yamamaya » Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:58 am

Topaz you are definitely not alone on this forum. I feel the same way about things. Plus an important thing to keep in mind is that people who say you're going to hell are by Biblical standards condemning themselves.

"All you judge will be judged."

Hiryu (post: 1467385) wrote:They speak the truth, but they left out the other side of the coin. Yea, if you don't follow the law, you're not a christian, .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRVUOGUmxJI

Or the way you worded it was wrong.
Yamamaya

Postby Nami » Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:31 am

K. Ayato (post: 1467389) wrote:Paul makes it clear in Romans 3 that the Old Testament laws were not written out so that the Israelites could follow them. If you take a good look, they're impossible to keep EVERY SINGLE DAY, and they broke 'em constantly. No, they were there to point out that one can't keep the law and be perfect. It's impossible. That's why Paul makes it clear that when Jesus came, He fulfilled the law, and now we're under grace :).

K-chan~ You know how to say what I can't T_T I can never find the right words when having a real conversation XD *hugs*

*hugs Topaz*

Aww, you all make me smile ^_^
Yours Truly,
Nami

Postby TGJesusfreak » Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:53 am

TopazRaven (post: 1467322) wrote:Once again I'm going to say I'm so happy for this site. I'm sorry, but I am SO tired of talking to Christians off of this site because they all prove to be rude and intolerant jerks. I know I'm being steryotypical, but I'm so tired of being badgered and told I'm going to hell because I support gay rights or because I like anime. I know most of you wont agree with that first one and I'm not trying to start an argument, but in least you don't yell at me telling me I deserve to have an anchor tied around my neck and then thrown into a river to drown to death for 'supporting a sin' and then burn eternally in hell for 'turning my back on God's word.' *Grumbles.* Apparantly my personal beliefs mean I'm not a real Christian and I don't really love God. If I didn't have you guys I really think I would have given up on Christianity a long time ago. I know that is terrible to say, but my faith is still growing and some people would like nothing better then for me to just give up because God hates me and I'm going to hell anyway so why should I bother? I'm already trying to become a better Christian and these people aren't helping. I'm really starting to believe them, but I don't want to. I want to love God more then anything. I want to be in to church and singing worship songs and be good at praying, but I'm not. I don't feel like I've changed at all since October last year and I just don't know what to do anymore.

aliveinHim (post: 1467338) wrote:Other people can't send you too Hell. If you repented of your sins and trusted in Jesus as your Lord and Savior, then you don't have to worry about Hell. People still have to grow in their faith. I've grown so much spiritually since I became saved. Am I perfect? No but I've made major improvements. One thing that helps in spiritual growth is a lot of Bible study. It's amazing how much you learn about yourself. But it's a funny thing. You see your sin compared to God's glory and you can't help but thank Him. I've met many Christians who bashed me for my beliefs (I will not mention those because I don't want to be a big source of contention here on the forum). Do I love God? Yes. Am I growing spiritually? Yes. So, you don't have to worry that other people are telling you that you are going to Hell if you are God's child.

<3 <3 <3

^what she said Topaz. But yeah, really, the bible never tells us that we will all be little clones anyway. We will all have a difference in opinion. Why condemn those we disagree with? Honest clean debate is nice though, but not yelling and cutting down.

Nate (post: 1467324) wrote:I've often wondered when someone will invent a name for us Christians who are far more liberal, seeing as how the things we do are often directly the opposite of what "mainstream" Christianity does.

I heard someone say that we should be the ones called "Christians" and they should be called "Biblians" or something. I kind of like that, actually, but I have a feeling most conservative Christians aren't going to agree to change the name of their faith.

Seriously though someone needs to get on that naming thing. I want to loudly and proudly proclaim my faith in Christ but not be associated with mainstream conservative Christianity, and there really isn't any way to do that short of a sentence.

hey dude, no offense, but you should be careful about that. that's getting a bit political and might turn into a debate ^^; (not that dont disagree with you though, i actually kinda agree)
TGJesusfreak

Location: USA... Earth... the milky way galaxy... the universe...

Postby Mithrandir » Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:16 am

This is probably a good time to encourage people to return to the original topic. That way we can avoid the political possibilities and keep from having to deal with the theology discussion issue also. ;)

Thanks!
Mithrandir

Postby TopazRaven » Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:40 am

Ok, sorry. I was am emotional mess last night. I should probably be on medicine. xD

Meanwhile thank you everyone for your love, kindess and understanding!
For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

TopazRaven

Postby Nate » Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:16 pm

Brian: Don't uh, pass judgement on other people, or you might get judged yourself.
Passer-by: What?
Brian: I said don't pass judgement on other people, or else you might get judged too.
Passer-by: Who, me?
Brian: Yes.
Passer-by: Oh. Ooh. Thank you very much.
Brian: Well, not just you. All of you.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Htom Sirveaux » Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:42 pm

Nate wrote:Brian: Don't uh, pass judgement on other people, or you might get judged yourself.
Passer-by: What?
Brian: I said don't pass judgement on other people, or else you might get judged too.
Passer-by: Who, me?
Brian: Yes.
Passer-by: Oh. Ooh. Thank you very much.
Brian: Well, not just you. All of you.

He's not the Messiah. His name is Brian and he's a very naughty boy.
If this post seems too utterly absurd or ridiculous to be taken seriously, don't. :)
Htom Sirveaux

Postby FllMtl Novelist » Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:40 pm

*loves everybody*

Also...
TopazRaven (post: 1467392) wrote:I just kind of have a hard time figuring out how I'm supposed to act. I know the bible has guidelines, but it isn't working for me it seems. I constantly worry I'm breaking some sin or rule I forgot about or haven't read about yet and it's driving me nuts.

It sounds to me like you're doing the best you can. That's all you can do, sometimes. ^^; It would be unfair to expect more, I think. (You're not the only one who gets like that. XD; )

*hopes she didn't get too off-topic* >_>;;
Hats wrote:"Frodo! Cast off your [s]sins[/s] into the fire!"

EllaEdric 06:53 -IM SO UNEQUIPPED TO BE A MAN ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY.
FllMtl Novelist

Postby Yamamaya » Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:06 pm

Fu I am going to hug you
Yamamaya

Postby TheMewster » Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:28 pm

Yamamaya (post: 1467516) wrote:Fu I am going to hug you

Be careful and God bless you!
So the poor has hope, and injustice shuts her mouth. ~Job 5:16 WEB~
For you are my hope, Lord Yahweh; my confidence from my youth. ~Psalm 71:5 WEB~
TheMewster

Postby FllMtl Novelist » Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:04 pm

Yamamaya (post: 1467516) wrote:Fu I am going to hug you

Please don't.

FllMtl Novelist

Postby TopazRaven » Sat Mar 26, 2011 6:38 pm

Why not? Hugs are nice!

TopazRaven

Postby FllMtl Novelist » Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:45 pm

I just... don't usually like them. It has nothing to do with who's giving them, though, so don't take it personally. It's just me being weird. >_>;;

FllMtl Novelist

Postby bkilbour » Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:20 pm

Please read;

-"Yeah...if that guy never posted another word on CAA again, I would consider it a blessing."

-"I've never been a fan of bkilbour. "

"[he] just gives me a bad vibe every time I read his posts. I have a feeling he's the type of guy who gets in your face and attacks you for certain things he finds wrong."

-"Responding to him would be pointless because it's clear he's a hateful bigot and won't listen to reason"

-"I find myself being completely, utterly, 100% annoyed, **** off, and unable to stand bkilbour" (edited out are some swear words...)

-"I feel he's harmful and cancerous to the community"

The quotes were from someone's blog about me.
And I hope I'm not really that bad, but I'm not really feeling all the love from most of the folks over here...
Hebrews 12
John 14
Matthew 6
Psalm 119
May God be glorified!
bkilbour

Postby goldenspines » Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:37 pm

I would hope that the comment's in one person's blog would make you think that the majority of the whole board dislikes you, bkilbour.
I can assure you that the comments someone makes on a blog does not and should not reflect CAA and its members.
goldenspines

Postby TopazRaven » Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:43 pm

I love you bkil! I'm going to admit I haven't liked the way you talked to some people on here in the past, but I know you're a great guy! Please don't let the opinions of some people on a person's blog make you think everyone dislikes you.

TopazRaven

Postby CrystalChalice » Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:40 pm

This really needs to be said more, but I really love everyone here on this site. Up until now, I have never seen a forum that's just as encouraging and friendly as it is here in CAA.
Whatever the season in life, the RIGHT attitude makes all the difference.

"I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth."
Psalm 121:1-2

"Though our paths may have diverged, you must continue to live out your life with all your might; you must never consider your own life to be something insignificant, and you must never forget about the friends whom you loved for as long as you live."
The Third Rule of Fairy Tail

"Mistakes are not shackles that halt one from stepping forward. Rather, they are that which sustain and grow one's heart.
Mavis Vermilion, Fairy Tail

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.
Avatar Aang, The Legend of Korra
CrystalChalice

Postby Davidizer13 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:11 pm

goldenspines (post: 1467718) wrote:I would hope that the comment's in one person's blog would make you think that the majority of the whole board dislikes you, bkilbour.
I can assure you that the comments someone makes on a blog does not and should not reflect CAA and its members.

Pretty much this; just because you might have rubbed a couple people the wrong way doesn't mean we all hate you. I've definitely rubbed a couple people the wrong way here. The same guy who runs the blog you're talking about coughed up a load of bile on me one time for something I said (of course, it was kinda my fault for not making something clear, and we've since moved past it, I guess?) so it's more like an equal opportunity hatred.

'Sides, the beauty of CAA is that things change; we get to know each other better, people change and cooler heads prevail... You'd be surprised how people will admit they've messed up and that they're willing to patch things up
We are loved even though we suck.

Psalms 37:37 (NHEB)
Mark the perfect man, and see the upright, for there is a future for the man of peace.
Davidizer13

Postby Solid Ronin » Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:57 pm

bkil wrote:And I hope I'm not really that bad, but I'm not really feeling all the love from most of the folks over here...

Bkil, I like you.

This thread has been nothing but a mushy feel good love fest that my black heart detested, until you posted. Granted, I would have you rather talked about the futility of man's love rather than suddenly making it about wounded self-esteem, but hey you got the job done.
Solid Ronin

Postby Fish and Chips » Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:02 am

I tolerate all of you equally.[spoiler]I-It's not like I l-like you, or, or anything~.[/spoiler]
Fish and Chips

Postby bkilbour » Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:03 am

Thanks - and folks, I really do love the people on this site; y'all are cool :D
Hebrews 12
John 14
Matthew 6
Psalm 119
May God be glorified!
bkilbour

Postby J.D3 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:10 am

Cheers Topaz, love ya too!

Definately know what you mean, CAA has helped me in a similar way too, and also to kickstart my using internet social sites appropriately & qualitatively (I first came into social networking on Facebook, which doesn't lend itself to intelligent conversation or behaviour at times!)

May our Lord bless us all with further co-operation and connectivity! ^_^
J.D3

Postby Yamamaya » Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:23 pm

Fish and Chips (post: 1467744) wrote:I tolerate all of you equally.[spoiler]I-It's not like I l-like you, or, or anything~.[/spoiler]

Lies, we all know you're really just a deconstructed tsundere.

Yamamaya

Postby Beau Soir » Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:07 pm

aliveinHim (post: 1467126) wrote:I could imagine someone meeting their future husband/wife here.
Well, I unintentionally met the man who is now my boyfriend first here on CAA... ^__^ Haha...

On topic, I'm extremely grateful for CAA- not only because I met Isaac first here, but because I believe I have truly grown in my character and relationship with God since having joined CAA. I've met so many kind people and made awesome friends who have supported me and challenged me to be that better person for Christ, others, and myself. I am so thankful for CAA, and for the diligent moderators who not only keep CAA running smoothly, but genuinely care about the people here instead of just "doing their job."

So to everyone... Thank you, so much... (: God bless you all!

Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within.
--James Arthur Baldwin

Charm is deceptive, beauty is fleeting,
but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.

(Proverbs 31:30)

Beau Soir

Postby Isaac » Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:34 pm

*nods* It's unbelieveable... God is so awesome, it totally boggles my mind! @___@ I unintentionally met the woman who is now my girlfriend first here on CAA, also. ^___^ Heha....

I am extremely greatful that God has used this website for His will... Up until this point, I don't think I've realized just how thankful I am... I may have only been here for a little while, but I can see the Christlike love exemplified all over this site. It's been so encouraging to me in my walk, as well... That so many people can share a common interest and be such a wonderful blessing to each other, and to me... And yes, you moderators- thank you for your unfaltering care and support in diligently keeping this website running smoothly... and most of all, for your genuine love and care for people here... What you're doing is an act of worship to our Lord, Jesus... You have my prayer and support.

Here's to everyone! Continue to seek the Lord, and build each other up like you have been! ...Thank you so much for everything! (: May God bless you abundantly!
Isaac

Postby Nami » Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:43 am

bkilbour (post: 1467714) wrote:The quotes were from someone's blog about me.
And I hope I'm not really that bad, but I'm not really feeling all the love from most of the folks over here...

TopazRaven (post: 1467721) wrote:I love you bkil! I'm going to admit I haven't liked the way you talked to some people on here in the past, but I know you're a great guy! Please don't let the opinions of some people on a person's blog make you think everyone dislikes you.

<--- What she said.

Bkil, you're pretty cool in my book! *hugs*

AWWW!! Look at Beau and Isaac! Getting their words out there!! I feel the same. Ever since I joined CAA, I've had a nice place to come and chillax with others~! I may not always get along with everyone, but I love you all anyway! (you people who know what I'm talking about, yeah you know who you are!! :D ) :hug::hug::hug:

Also, I've felt myself growing stronger in Christ ^_^ And that, for me, is a real miracle. :D So thank you all so much everyone! You've taught me a lot!
Yours Truly,
Nami

Postby Sapphire225 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:20 am

[quote="bkilbour (post: 1467745)"]Thanks - and folks, I really do love the people on this site]

We love you too dude! :)
"Because the World isn't as cruel as you take it to be." ~ Celty, Durarara!!

Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."
~Deuteronomy 31:6

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We live in a fantasy world, a world of illusion. The great task in life is to find reality. ~ Iris Murdoch
Sapphire225

Previous Next

Return to General