Pants...

Talk about anything in here.

Pants...

Postby Dante » Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:17 pm

You know what - General is going to far into serious bzness these days, so I thought I'd lighten things up.

I came to a horrible realization today - one that I believe my mind has been trying to avoid with a passion because it realized how humiliated I would be when I eventually found out the truth...
...I think I've been taught the wrong way to wear pants...

That is - I don't believe most other guys wear their pants around their belly buttons (so that it's completely obscured, squeezing their stomach in a grip of death). I can't confirm this however, because I've never really paid attention to my peers and honestly most of us wear shirts all the time leaving me with little evidence that my style was a syndrome of nerds and old men. Frankly to give benefit to my doubt my long body made this particularly difficult if I didn't want plumber's gut - I would have to be cunning or get really long shirts to match my mutant DNA. Likewise - if I'm doing it wrong, this will confirm my long held suspicions starting from when they combed my hair to side going to school, that my parents are secretly hyper-conservative concerning clothing... at least as far as their kids go.

So I will ask you, my fellow CAAers!

How does one wear pants?

Conversation greatly appreciated,
Pascal

FIRST OPTION EDIT: The thought of me :P, not the thought of pants in general which would be comical but weird.
Dante

Postby Ante Bellum » Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:20 pm

Covering their underwear.
Ante Bellum

Postby Dante » Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:22 pm

Covering their underwear.

AGREED!
Dante

Postby Furen » Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:23 pm

Carefully?

One leg at a time?

Oh, and if you date my imaginary possible future daughter, and your pants are too low, I'll make a compromise, you can wear them as low as you want so long as you can still walk, and I can staple them to your waist to ensure they will not come off in the presents of my imaginary possible future daughter.

Agreed with the underwear thing, but I think my compromise will let all express what they want happily.
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby Vega » Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:24 pm

4 inches above ones hipbone should suffice. At that level everything is properly covered and also gives the person wearing the pants the opportunity to whip the 6 pack out.
The mind is so complex when your based. 32 levels. Welcome to my world. --Lil B
I'm not guna let anything take the love from my heart, the love of life and spreading peace and positive, thank you earth I'm alive. --Lil B
Swag like I'm marrow, in my bones. Swag in my bones. Bone Marrow Swag. -- Lil B
Shouts out to Lil B "The Based God".
Vega

Postby Furen » Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:31 pm

Vega (post: 1466308) wrote:4 inches above ones hipbone should suffice. At that level everything is properly covered and also gives the person wearing the pants the opportunity to whip the 6 pack out.

Adding on to this, doing the hallelujah stretch should tell you, if you raise your arms as if someone just scored the game winning goal, and skin is showing, you should likely have them up a bit higher, though as long as it's not showing with daily activities, you should be good. Especially if you're like me and DON'T have a 6 pack and instead are overweight ;)
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby Dante » Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:33 pm

Oh, and if you date my imaginary possible future daughter, and your pants are too low, I'll make a compromise, you can wear them as low as you want so long as you can still walk, and I can staple them to your waist to ensure they will not come off in the presents of my imaginary possible future daughter.

If *I* were dating *your* imaginary future daughter - I think that my pants are the least of your worries I thinks XD. "Hi Dad, this is Pascal, he's 40 something!"
Dante

Postby Nate » Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:36 pm

Furen wrote:I can staple them to your waist to ensure they will not come off in the presents of my imaginary possible future daughter.

So what you're saying is not to give your imaginary possible future daughter my pants as a present? I'm confused.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Furen » Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:40 pm

Nate (post: 1466313) wrote:So what you're saying is not to give your imaginary possible future daughter my pants as a present? I'm confused.

you may if you wish, I used presents instead of saying "in the sight of"

Pascal (post: 1466312) wrote:If *I* were dating *your* imaginary future daughter - I think that my pants are the least of your worries I thinks XD. "Hi Dad, this is Pascal, he's 40 something!"

you're alright in my books, but no funny business >.>
Furen

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:57 pm

This thread cracks me up. I wear my pants around the waist or a little below. I cringe when people wear pants really low though.

Vega, are you for real? 4 inches above the waist? I don't think the Steve Urkel look ("Did I do dat?) is necessary to ensure modesty. :)

Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby Furen » Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:05 pm

Warrior 4 Jesus (post: 1466319) wrote:This thread cracks me up.

As long as it's no one's crack, we're good ]
Furen

Postby PrincessZelda » Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:09 pm

I'd say oh... about 3 inches below belly button. If you can't see the belly button with just pants on, it's weird.

However, that does NOT mean you should wear them SO LOW that any of your boxers can be seen, and they DEFINITELY SHOULD NOT BE LOW THAT THEY ARE UNDER YOUR BUTT! I don't care if your shirt is long enough to cover it, it still looks ridiculous, and like your legs are 1' long.
"If you are allergic to a thing, it is best not to put that thing in your mouth, particularly if the thing is cats."

PrincessZelda

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:17 pm

Another reason for not to wearing pants too-high is that you may want to have children one day. That said, low, low pants are not the solution either.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby Nate » Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:49 pm

Did someone mention hiking up pants?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q69tyPdLp5U

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:31 pm

Just cover your underwear and crack. That's all.
Shao Feng-Li

Postby KhakiBlueSocks » Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:53 pm

I'm pretty tall, so I wear mine about three inches below my belly button on my waist with a belt all the time. Under NO circumstances do I show my boxers! I would rather the public not see my Fruit of the Looms.
Joshua: Hebrew -The LORD is Salvation

" wrote:RustyClaymore 11:27 - Ah yes, Socks is the single raindrop responsible for the flood. XD

Check out my new anime review blog, "The Cajun Samurai"

http://thecajunsamurai.wordpress.com/
KhakiBlueSocks

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:03 am

I think I have the answer here. Historically, pants used to be up to the belly button. If you see a lot of old people, they wear their pants as such. The same also applies with suit and tuxedo pants. Most of the time they are over a person's belly button.

But nowadays, pants are becoming low-rise, meaning they now rest on the hips instead of higher on the waist where they originally were.
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Rusty Claymore » Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:13 am

I wear mine on my hip-bones,which places them 2-3 inches below the belly button. I have this weird mental disorder where I wear my pants so they don't fall off, as well as wearing long shirts or tucking in in case I have to work down low somewhere. XD
Proverbs 31:32 "...when she watches anime, she keeps the room well lit and sits at a safe distance."
Rusty Claymore

Postby Agloval » Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:11 am

Horses for courses!

If I'm at work or studying, I'll wear trousers which finish close to (but not covering) the belly button. My informal pairs of trousers, on the other hand, usually skulk around below my hip bones -- but I usually wear a long shirt, untucked, when I'm relaxing, so no one sees how high or low they are anyway.
'That blast is blown for me, for I am the prize, and yet am I not dead.'
Agloval

Postby Ante Bellum » Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:36 am

I have a pair of pants from the 80s that happen to rise up pretty far.
Ante Bellum

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:38 am

Pants are a crutch.
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Postby Rusty Claymore » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:45 am

Pants are a crutch.
Real Scottsmen wear kilts.
Proverbs 31:32 "...when she watches anime, she keeps the room well lit and sits at a safe distance."
Rusty Claymore

Postby Yamamaya » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:51 am

Forget pants. Pants are the tools to keep us enslaved. WEAR LOINCLOTHS NOW.
Yamamaya

Postby Ante Bellum » Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:03 am

Drop your pants for peace!

What? Somebody was going to bring it up eventually. I think.
Ante Bellum

Postby Sapphire225 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:29 am

Must it be pants? Can't it be how to wear skirts, skorts, or shorts?

JK,
As a girl, I make sure to wear my pants above the hips and right below the belly button.
"Because the World isn't as cruel as you take it to be." ~ Celty, Durarara!!

Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."
~Deuteronomy 31:6

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We live in a fantasy world, a world of illusion. The great task in life is to find reality. ~ Iris Murdoch
Sapphire225

Postby Ella Edric » Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:53 am

This thread just calls for this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqGv3BWLqqs XDDDD

So, I vote around the waist! But, in that remember not to have your pants on the ground!! Theres a healthy medium to this. XD

Yamamaya (post: 1466388) wrote:Forget pants. Pants are the tools to keep us enslaved. WEAR LOINCLOTHS NOW.

YES FORGET WHAT I LAST SAID WE NOW MUST DO LOIN CLOTHES!!!! XDD
Ella Edric

Postby PrincessZelda » Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:53 am

Well, it's a lot different with skirts, though. Most skirts are made a lot higher waisted.
"If you are allergic to a thing, it is best not to put that thing in your mouth, particularly if the thing is cats."

PrincessZelda

Postby Peanut » Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:09 pm

Waist=around the belly button. I wear mine on the hips like all the cool people now a days.
CAA's Resident Starcraft Expert

goldenspines wrote:Its only stealing if you don't get caught.
Peanut

Postby aliveinHim » Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:16 pm

Right below my belly button. I used to like hipsters but I don't like my underwear sticking out whenever I bend over.
"And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins, in which you once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience, among whom also we all once conducted ourselves in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, just as the others.
But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, that in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us in Christ Jesus." Ephesians 2:1-7

http://oribichan94.deviantart.com/
aliveinHim

Postby Ella Edric » Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:15 pm

aliveinHim (post: 1466401) wrote:Right below my belly button. I used to like hipsters but I don't like my underwear sticking out whenever I bend over.

Not if you wear tiny underwear!!! XDDD

...... That's kinda awkward, actually... *walks away*
[color="LightBlue"]"Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear." --Thomas Jefferson [/color]
[font="Arial Black"][color="Pink"]~Proud member(and starter), of the sisterhood of CAA.~ [/color][/font]
[color="YellowGreen"]Furen: Without you Canada would be feeling bad. we'd all be depressed [/color]
CognitiveGear 07:08 - I hear that Jesus is a pretty rad dude who teaches us to love everyone.
[color="Silver"]Midknight74012 09:04 - Minds are like parachutes. Just because you lost yours, doesn't mean you can borrow mine[/color]
[color="Red"]@)}~`,~[/color] [color="SeaGreen"]Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.[/color]
[color="RoyalBlue"]This is MOES[/color]:dance:
Ella Edric

Next

Return to General