Share Your Favorite Food Recipe!

Talk about anything in here.

Share Your Favorite Food Recipe!

Postby Ally-Ann » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:17 am

This is thread to share different recipes for any type of breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, or snack.

Berry Dip and Roll from the Spatulatta Cookbook:

Ingredients: 1 pint of straberries, 1 cup of sour cream, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1 teaspoon cinnamon.

1. Drain and wash the strawberries and remove the stems and leaves.

2. Put the brown sugar in a bowl. Add the cinnamon and blend the mixture with a fork. Put the sour cream in another bowl.

3. Roll a strawberry in the sour cream, then roll it in the brown sugar. Place it on a plate and repeat until all the strawberries are dipped. Eat them while they're still cold.

....... I'll post more later. XD
[color="Lime"]My Fictionpress account[/color]! http://www.fictionpress.com/u/740837/Ally-Ann

[color="Yellow"]My Fanfiction account[/color]! http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2401061/ArmyAngel316

My nicknames! [color="Pink"]~*[/color][color="palegreen"]Ally[/color][color="pink"]*~[/color] [color="white"](>[/color][color="Cyan"]Mochi-chan[/color][color="White"]<)[/color]

I like mochi. ^^

I question my [color="DarkOrchid"]sanity[/color]. (._.)

Operation: Blackout
Ally-Ann

Postby Atria35 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:33 am

Lessee..... Well, my aunt has a great recipe for Chickpea Curry:

1 tsp curry powder
1 small onion, chopped
2 Tbsp butter
1 10-oz can diced tomatoes and green chilies (drained)
1 15-oz can chickpeas (drained)

Melt butter in a pan. Sautee onions. Add the curry powder, cook 2 minutes. Add the chickpeas. Cook for 5 minutes. Add the diced tomatoes. Heat through. Serve over rice.
Atria35

Postby Agloval » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:39 am

Well, I'm game.

My favourite, favourite recipe is roasted and stuffed lambs' hearts, but rather embarrassingly I don't know how to make that myself.

But here's a nice one-pan meal which I regularly enjoyed making when I was at uni. I thought it offered a pretty good ratio of taste to convenience. It doesn't have a name, or very precise ingredients or timings because if you really know what you're doing, it's not proper uni-student cookery.

Ingredients
-- bell peppers
-- mushrooms
-- a good-sized onion
-- tomatoes
-- tomato puree
-- tinned sweetcorn
-- feta
-- any herbs you think would go well with the above -- I use what I think is called Greek oregano (my mum, who supplies it to me, simply refers to it as 'rigani')

Method
1. Chop and fry the mushrooms and onion in oil in the bottom of your pan
2. Once the mushrooms and onion are properly fried, chop and add the bell peppers and tomatoes
3. Add some water and some tomato puree
4. Add the rigani, salt, pepper and bring to boil
5. Cook for twenty minutes (or whatever -- as you may have noticed, at this point there's nothing that actually needs to be cooked)
6. Shortly before serving, drain the tinned sweetcorn and dump it in too

You can either put the feta in while it's cooking (it mostly disintegrates, boringly), or add it individually to servings after serving. I prefer the second option.

Serve with pita/naan/toast/rolls, or any bread that you like which goes well with savoury food.

I found it was usually wet enough to serve in a bowl and eat with a spoon, with bread on the side. Then I could rinse the bowl and spoon and use them for pudding. Good times.
'That blast is blown for me, for I am the prize, and yet am I not dead.'
Agloval

Postby Beau Soir » Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:24 pm

Here's the recipe I use to make Triple Espresso Brownies! I like baking... ^__^ It's from Pillsbury.com.

Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within.
--James Arthur Baldwin

Charm is deceptive, beauty is fleeting,
but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.

(Proverbs 31:30)

Beau Soir

Postby Ally-Ann » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:53 pm

Found another favorite snack! My dad made this just a little bit ago, and I loved it. The amount of ingredients doesn't need to specific, and that's one reason why I love this recipe.

Fried Oysters

Ingredients: Any amount of oysters shucked, flour or bread crumbs, salt, pepper, egg(s), vegetable oil

Shucking the oyster:
1. Make sure that the oyster is still alive by checking the if shells are closed tightly.
2. Then, scrub the oysters with a stiff brush under cold water (My dad didn't do this part).
3. Over the sink or bowl, hold the oyster curved shell down in the palm of your hand.
4. Insert a paring or oyster knife between the shells, near the hinge (This takes some strength). Make sure you're wearing gloves, so as not to cut yourself.
5. Twist the knife so that the oysters muscles are detached (Good amount of strength needed) and remove the top shell.
6. Scrape the meat out and set it aside on a plate.

Cooking the Oysters

1. Put the egg(s) in a bowl and beat them.

2. Dip oysters in beaten egg(s).

3. Next, put salt and pepper in flour and mix well. You can put the flour in a Zip-Loc bag.

4. Put the oysters in bag of flour, close the bag, and shake until oysters are well coated. Set aside.

5. Heat vegetable oil in a frying pan until hot, but not popping.

6. Take the oysters and put them in the frying pan and cook on each side until golden-brown (You can flip them with a fork). Be careful not to let the spattering oil burn you.

7. Once they're done cooking, take them out of the frying pan and put them on a plate. Let them cool.

8. Eat up! Oysters have a flavor all their own, but it's not overly fishy when they're fried. They're awesomeness!
[color="Lime"]My Fictionpress account[/color]! http://www.fictionpress.com/u/740837/Ally-Ann

[color="Yellow"]My Fanfiction account[/color]! http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2401061/ArmyAngel316

My nicknames! [color="Pink"]~*[/color][color="palegreen"]Ally[/color][color="pink"]*~[/color] [color="white"](>[/color][color="Cyan"]Mochi-chan[/color][color="White"]<)[/color]

I like mochi. ^^

Ally-Ann

Postby Isaac » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:55 pm

Beau Soir (post: 1465436) wrote:Here's the recipe I use to make Triple Espresso Brownies! I like baking... ^__^ It's from Pillsbury.com.

*mouth waters profusely* Ommm... ^___^ They sound SO good!! What a great recipe to put up!
Isaac

Postby Beau Soir » Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:13 pm

Isaac (post: 1465725) wrote:*mouth waters profusely* Ommm... ^___^ They sound SO good!! What a great recipe to put up!
LOL! Aww...! XD Hahaha... Thanks... Glad you think so, maybe I'll have to bring some when I visit? :3

Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within.
--James Arthur Baldwin

Charm is deceptive, beauty is fleeting,
but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.

(Proverbs 31:30)

Beau Soir

Postby Atria35 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:26 pm

Cheesy Chicken Enchilada Soup - again, from my aunt:

2 cans condensed Cream of Chicken Soup
1 can (10-oz) enchilada sauce (or follow the directions for 1 seasoning packet to make sauce)
2 cups milk
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
2 6-oz packages pre-cooked Southwester-style chicken strips

Slice chicken into smaller bits of needed. Put all ingredients into a saucepan, cook over med. heat stirring occasionally, until heated and cheese is melted.

For those of you with countries that don't have condensed soup- forgo the milk and just get 2 cans cream of chicken soup.

Great with a tortilla chip garnish :)
Atria35

Postby Ally-Ann » Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:47 pm

Atria35 (post: 1466211) wrote:Cheesy Chicken Enchilada Soup - again, from my aunt:

2 cans condensed Cream of Chicken Soup
1 can (10-oz) enchilada sauce (or follow the directions for 1 seasoning packet to make sauce)
2 cups milk
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
2 6-oz packages pre-cooked Southwester-style chicken strips

Slice chicken into smaller bits of needed. Put all ingredients into a saucepan, cook over med. heat stirring occasionally, until heated and cheese is melted.

For those of you with countries that don't have condensed soup- forgo the milk and just get 2 cans cream of chicken soup.

Great with a tortilla chip garnish :)

That sounds yummy. O_O I love almost every food there is. =P

I like mochi. ^^

Ally-Ann

Postby Maledicte » Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:06 pm

Two slices of bread.
Two slices of American cheese.

Make a sandwich with the bread and cheese.

Butter the outsides of the sandwich.

Grill in a pan until golden and toasty.

Slice in half. Eat.

.....What? :grin:
Maledicte

Postby Atria35 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:13 pm

Ally-Ann (post: 1466255) wrote:That sounds yummy. O_O I love almost every food there is. =P

It is! My aunt has the best recipies- and this one I have yet to meet a person who doesn't like it (except my very wierd brother who also doesn't care for chocolate. I suspect he was adopted :P )
Atria35

Postby Nate » Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:30 pm

I'm just resurrecting this to say one thing. By some sheer matter of coincidence, I just so happened to have two 6 oz. packages of southwestern style chicken strips in my freezer. Who knows how long they were in there, but anyway I thawed them out, went grocery shopping, bought all the other stuff on the list, and made that soup.

It was awesome. I mean seriously fantastic. My compliments to your aunt, Atria. :3

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby aliveinHim » Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:02 pm

I love cooking and baking! Here's one of the best oatmeal chocolate chip cookie recipies there is!

1.) 1 1/2 cups of butter.
2.) 3/4 cup of packed brown sugar
3.) 1/2 cup of white sugar
4.) A large egg
5.) 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
6.) 4 cups of flour
7.) 1/2 tsp of baking soda
8.) 1/2 tsp of salt
9.) 3 cups of oats
10.) 1 bag of chocolate chips.

Preheat oven at 375. Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes. Eat them up.
"And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins, in which you once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience, among whom also we all once conducted ourselves in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, just as the others.
But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, that in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us in Christ Jesus." Ephesians 2:1-7

http://oribichan94.deviantart.com/
aliveinHim

Postby Atria35 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:38 pm

Nate (post: 1467445) wrote:I'm just resurrecting this to say one thing. By some sheer matter of coincidence, I just so happened to have two 6 oz. packages of southwestern style chicken strips in my freezer. Who knows how long they were in there, but anyway I thawed them out, went grocery shopping, bought all the other stuff on the list, and made that soup.

It was awesome. I mean seriously fantastic. My compliments to your aunt, Atria. :3

I'm so glad you liked it! It's one of my fave recipies. I will definitely pass on your compliments- I have a list of people who I've served it to and loved it :)

And now that this thread has been brought up again, last night I made Chicken and Broccoli Casserole:
4 chicken breasts, cooked
2 cups broccoli florets
1 8-oz package cream cheese (1/3 less fat tastes as good as the regular if you're watching weight)
1 cup milk
3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
3/4 tsp. garlic salt (if you like garlic, add a smidge more garlic powder to taste)

Put broccoli and chicken in a baking dish. Mix cream cheese and milk until smooth, stir in garlic salt and parmesan cheese. Pour over broccoli and chicken. Bake at 350 F for 35-40 minutes.

*Because I love broccoli in this sauce, I actually only use 2 chx breasts and upped the amount of broccoli. Esp. since I can't eat 4 chx breasts by myself before they go bad.
Atria35

Return to General