Northern Japan hit by 8.0 magnitude earthquake.

Talk about anything in here.

Postby ST. Attidude » Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:47 am

TWWK (post: 1464682) wrote:Scary...the video from this event is just crazy. Like Bkilbour says, let's pray and give.

Earthquake shakes skyscraper

I'm certainly with you, my friend. Last I read from NHK World, the missing persons count has risen to over 550...
[color="Magenta"]@[/color][color="Red"])}[/color][color="DarkGreen"]~[/color][color="Green"]`,[/color][color="Lime"]~[/color] [color="LightBlue"]Carry This Rose In Your Sig, [color="Red"]As Thanks,[/color] [color="LightBlue"]To All The CAA Moderators[/color][/color]
______
[color="Navy"]ST[/color][color="Blue"].[/color][color="RoyalBlue"] Attidude's[/color][color="DeepSkyBlue"].[/color][color="LightBlue"].[/color].Portfolio Site, Twitter,
DeviantArt page
ST. Attidude

Postby jadeTheshade » Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:24 pm

TheMewster (post: 1464711) wrote:God bless Japan! I'm so glad you're ok Yuki-anne! We should help Japan physically, financially, and spiritually. We should pray for them and I hope missionary groups can use this as an opportunity to preach the Gospel!

this is what i'm praying for as well, that God will use this tragedy to save a lot of people, in a country that is less than one percent christian...
keep praying everybody!
[font="Book Antiqua"]two roads diverged in a wood and i
took the one less traveled by
and that has made all the difference
-Robert F[color="black"][color="Blue"][/color][/color]rost[/font]
jadeTheshade

Postby Fish and Chips » Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:29 pm

Posting to say things are safe here in Korea, and that we may in fact be the safest country in the Pacific right now.

Hoping the worst of this is already over.
Fish and Chips

Postby Cognitive Gear » Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:32 pm

Fish and Chips (post: 1464721) wrote:Posting to say things are safe here in Korea, and that we may in fact be the safest country in the Pacific right now.

Hoping the worst of this is already over.

That's good to hear. I've been wondering how things were for Korea, since they are just across the way from Japan. (Which probably helps prevent tsunamis, now that I think about it.)
Cognitive Gear

Postby Fish and Chips » Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:43 pm

Cognitive Gear (post: 1464722) wrote:That's good to hear. I've been wondering how things were for Korea, since they are just across the way from Japan. (Which probably helps prevent tsunamis, now that I think about it.)

We're literally tucked away juuuuust out of reach.
Fish and Chips

Postby Yamamaya » Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:19 pm

Fish and Chips (post: 1464725) wrote:Image

We're literally tucked away juuuuust out of reach.

Like a tiny hole that the tsunami didn't enter. Glad to hear the Koreans weren't affected.

From what I've heard, Japan's architectural standards really helped reduce the damage.
Yamamaya

Postby Mithrandir » Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:55 pm

We're all praying over here.

I was a little surprised to hear about a Tsunami warning in our area, but everything is fine here (we got some weird surges, but it was during low tide so it didn't reach all that high).

For the record, there are some security personnel talking about criminal organization scamming people under the guise of soliciting donations. If you want to help out, I would really encourage you to either funnel your donations to an outfit you know *really well* or use the Red Cross. The RC is set up to respond rapidly in situations like this.
Mithrandir

Postby ashfire » Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:52 pm

I have two friends and their families living in Japan. Toshihiro Kanaeda is a Captain in the Emergency Medic Services in the Tokyo Fire Service. He has a wife and three daughters. I hope he and his family is safe and figure he is busy at this moument.
The other friend is Steve Bennett who was one of the people behind Iron Cat Comics. Steve is Japanese/American and moved to Japan a couple of years ago for work over there at the US Marine Base. He was just here in the US at Katsucon at National Harbor, MD.
I hope he and his family are safe.
ashfire

Postby Tsukuyomi » Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:06 pm

I'll be praying as well :( I talk to a couple in Japan here and there and they seem to be alright. A bit shaken up (no pun intended >_<), but they seem to be online, so alright for the most part.

I heard the Tsunami has made it's way to Hawaii.. They say it might still have power to make it to Cali and surrounding states :\ Thoughts and prayers are with all :hug:
Tsukuyomi

Location: I am a figment of your imagination... I live only in your dreams... I haunt you ~(O_O)~

Postby Yuki-Anne » Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:22 pm

ashfire (post: 1464768) wrote:I have two friends and their families living in Japan. Toshihiro Kanaeda is a Captain in the Emergency Medic Services in the Tokyo Fire Service. He has a wife and three daughters. I hope he and his family is safe and figure he is busy at this moument.
The other friend is Steve Bennett who was one of the people behind Iron Cat Comics. Steve is Japanese/American and moved to Japan a couple of years ago for work over there at the US Marine Base. He was just here in the US at Katsucon at National Harbor, MD.
I hope he and his family are safe.

I have heard that the southern areas, where that base is located, weren't one of the hard-hit places, and that so far there are no reports of casualties of Americans living in Japan.

EDIT: I checked the Japan person finder website. It looks like they're still looking for information on Steve Bennett.
New and improved Yuki-Anne: now with blog: http://anneinjapan.blog.com
Yuki-Anne

Postby Lynna » Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:26 pm

When I heard this, I was really really worried. I'm so glad you're safe, Yuki-Anne! This sounds really scary :(
I Believe in the Sun/Even when It's not shining/I belive in Love/Even When I Don't Feel it/And I Believe in God/Even when He is silent/And I, I Believe ---BarlowGirl
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks To All The CAA Moderators
DeviantArttumblrBeneath The Tangles
Avatar (lovingly) taken from The Silver Eye webcomic
Lynna

Postby TheMewster » Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:38 pm

I'm glad you're safe too Yuki-chan! I was just about to ask if you're ok! God bless you!
So the poor has hope, and injustice shuts her mouth. ~Job 5:16 WEB~
For you are my hope, Lord Yahweh; my confidence from my youth. ~Psalm 71:5 WEB~
TheMewster

Postby Yuki-Anne » Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:48 pm

Thanks, guys. By the way, if you have friends in Japan that you haven't heard about yet, you can message me their full names and I will do my best to find info on them. Much of the info regarding the quake is in Japanese. My Japanese is not so great but given enough time I can read it. I'm dying to do anything to help.

EDIT: I don't mean to seem like I'm making redundant threads, but in the members only area there is more detailed info about where I am. I also put my facebook there so that you guys can get updates directly from there, rather than me having to answer a lot of PM's that are asking me the same things. I am very glad and grateful that you are all concerned for my personal safety and my ministry, but this is all a bit exhausting for me. I hope you guys understand.

http://www.christiananime.net/showthread.php?p=1464785#post1464785
Yuki-Anne

Postby ashfire » Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:13 pm

OK Steve Bennett and his family are OK. Still waiting to hear from Toshi.
ashfire

Postby Asuka Neko » Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:17 pm

My family currently has a Japanese exchange student, and we're all worried for her family that's still in Japan. Please pray that they would all be okay!
~My Website~
[color="Cyan"]"Have you ever gotten the urge to do something crazy... and AWESOME!?" -Demyx[/color]
Asuka Neko

Postby Tamachan319 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:22 pm

I will definitely be praying for all those in Japan.
[font="Comic Sans MS"]"You can't get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me."
-C. S. Lewis[/font]
"MOES: Sig. Or sig not. There is no scroll."
According to EllaEdric, my real name is.... "TAMAMAMAMAAMMAAM".

[font="Courier New"]
I love my flute![/font]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Tamachan319

Location: Someplace, somewhere. I'm specific about these things, you see.

Postby Wallachia » Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:41 pm

People from various industries have checked in, but sadly there has been no word from this man yet:

Please pray for Norio Wakamoto's safety as well while praying for everyone in Japan and the affected areas.
Meanwhile optimists should assume he is wandering the streets, yelling at the top of his lungs: "DAAAAIIIJJOOBUUUUuuu?!" while others reply, "ALLLLL HAIIILLLL BRITANNIAAAA!" as he offers them a helping hand to their feet.

Remember: He's a retired SWAT Officer and a very kind person so it is not hard to imagine that he'd be helping out right now instead of verifying his safety on the internet.

I continually pray and thank the Lord for the safety of everyone in Japan and other places affected by the tsunamis.

Wallachia

Postby Yamamaya » Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:05 pm

Wallachia (post: 1464814) wrote:People from various industries have checked in, but sadly there has been no word from this man yet:

Please pray for Norio Wakamoto's safety as well while praying for everyone in Japan and the affected areas.
Meanwhile optimists should assume he is wandering the streets, yelling at the top of his lungs: "DAAAAIIIJJOOBUUUUuuu?!" while others reply, "ALLLLL HAIIILLLL BRITANNIAAAA!" as he offers them a helping hand to their feet.

Remember: He's a retired SWAT Officer and a very kind person so it is not hard to imagine that he'd be helping out right now instead of verifying his safety on the internet.

I continually pray and thank the Lord for the safety of everyone in Japan and other places affected by the tsunamis.

Probably Lelouch took advantage of the opportunity and assaulted him. Jk.

No news yet on how many have died, but people are estimating over 1000 casualities. :(
Yamamaya

Postby Wallachia » Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:11 pm

I'm glad that the architecture in Japan was particularly strong, as that seems to have helped saved lives in many places.

The entire thing has been all over the news today. We even got a bit of the tsunami over in B.C., but the waves were hardly mentionable and did nothing it seems.

EDIT: Norio Wakamoto is busy helping people and searching for people buried under the debris. So cheers to him for helping.

Wallachia

Postby Sapphire225 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:03 pm

I will be praying for Japan. Recently, they have been recieving many aftershocks ones after another, some in Fukushima, Kanto, and Chiba. And the powerplants, according to some, are only releasing the radiation of an X-ray at the moment.

I just hope that my pen-pal is alright and my japanese friends and conversation partner's families are alright. :(
"Because the World isn't as cruel as you take it to be." ~ Celty, Durarara!!

Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."
~Deuteronomy 31:6

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We live in a fantasy world, a world of illusion. The great task in life is to find reality. ~ Iris Murdoch
Sapphire225

Postby Yuki-Anne » Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:08 pm

At Fukushima nuclear power plant no. 1, there is a chance a fuel rod may have melted and leaked. They are trying to cool the reactors, and have evacuated the area around. Pray they can calm this down safely.

The death toll now exceeds 1,000, with over 600 still missing.
Yuki-Anne

Postby Sapphire225 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:16 pm

Yuki-Anne (post: 1464829) wrote:At Fukushima nuclear power plant no. 1, there is a chance a fuel rod may have melted and leaked. They are trying to cool the reactors, and have evacuated the area around. Pray they can calm this down safely.

The death toll now exceeds 1,000, with over 600 still missing.

Just witnessed the news on ustream. I do hope they are ablt to cool down the reactors and that therewill be no meltdowns.
"Because the World isn't as cruel as you take it to be." ~ Celty, Durarara!!

Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."
~Deuteronomy 31:6

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We live in a fantasy world, a world of illusion. The great task in life is to find reality. ~ Iris Murdoch
Sapphire225

Postby ShiroiHikari » Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:02 am

Wallachia (post: 1464818) wrote:
EDIT: Norio Wakamoto is busy helping people and searching for people buried under the debris. So cheers to him for helping.

Is he really? If so, that's awesome. Cheers to him indeed.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby J.D3 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:31 am

God be with all in Japan!

I hope they recover swiftly & find many survivors! Also, I've read there are several nuclear reactors that may be damaged/slightly leaking so pray that that doesn't turn ugly!

Good to hear that a couple of folks from Japan on here are okay, and I hope everyone else is as well!

Will pray for you guys! :thumbsup:
Mack: Did I hear God call me an idiot?
God: *shrugs* If the shoe fits, honey. Yes sir, if the shoe fits...
The Shack, William P. Young

J.D3

Postby Atria35 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:15 am

It's official- there was an explosion at one of the nulear reactors. Praying even moreso for people's safety!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/as_japan_earthquake
Atria35

Postby TopazRaven » Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:22 am

Will this nightmare never end for poor Japan!? This has to be the worst disaster of the year. 0.o I'll still be praying!
For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

NIV, Romans 8:38-39.
TopazRaven

Postby ashfire » Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:59 am

My friend Toshi and his family are safe. But the numbers of missing and dead are raising and the nuclear plants are endanger and one has a building that has exploded.
My local news asked if people in the US are prepared in the event of a major disaster.
Has a volunteer firefighter/emt our numbers are dropping, We had major brush and buildinging fires in our county Feb 19 and career and volunteers were called in along with help from as far away 16 counties three major cities and two states.
ashfire

Postby Bobtheduck » Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:16 am

I'm watching NHK right now, and trying to get in contact with my Japanese friends, my closest friend in Japan is in Kansai region, which looks to be shielded from the tsunamis entirely by Shikoku. In fact, it looks like all of the places where the Koreans are concentrated (the friend I'm referring to is Korean Diaspora whose family has lived in Japan for 4 generations) are unaffected by the tsunamis, in addition to Korea itself being shielded from both the Earthquakes AND the Tsunamis.

The real problem is friends in Tokyo. First the earthquake, then the tsunami, then the reactors... I've also read about possible volcanic eruptions.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby Roy Mustang » Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:33 am

Th university that I'm living on has a sister university in Japan in Sendai. We haven't been able to get a hold of that university since this has happen. There was some students from our university that were there for this semester as well as students from Sendai are here now at our university for the semester.

They haven't been able to get through to anyone at all.
Roy Mustang

Postby Nate » Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:02 am

Removed.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Previous Next

Return to General