20 year old gets Moosed.

Talk about anything in here.

20 year old gets Moosed.

Postby Rusty Claymore » Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:11 pm

Just in on local radio: A 20 year old girl in the middle of our city just got herself kicked by a moose. Why? She was trying to pet it.
Do not pet the moose. :shake:
Proverbs 31:32 "...when she watches anime, she keeps the room well lit and sits at a safe distance."
Rusty Claymore

Postby TopazRaven » Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:13 pm

Why would someone even think the could pet a wild animal like that? -_-
For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

NIV, Romans 8:38-39.
TopazRaven

Postby Nate » Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:21 pm

People think moose are docile and friendly because they're herbivores I guess. This is absolutely not the case though. I have a friend who lives in Maine and he said that "There's a moose in my yard" is a valid excuse for missing school/work.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Atria35 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:23 pm

.... People are idiots. Just.... ugh.
Atria35

Postby TopazRaven » Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:26 pm

I've always loved animals, so as a kid I might have done that, but not now. Even Bambi can be dangerous. Deer look so cute and serene. I saw a video before of a buck kicking and stomping the crap out of a hunter who I'm assuming got a little to close to his target before trying to shoot. I've also seen a video of a doe trampling a dog because it was across the street from where she was standing with her fawn to. It was terrible.
For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

NIV, Romans 8:38-39.
TopazRaven

Postby Ally-Ann » Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:32 pm

TopazRaven (post: 1464224) wrote:Why would someone even think the could pet a wild animal like that? -_-

And of all wild animals, why on Earth would it be a MOOSE? Seriously? Then again, you'd be surprised. Here where I live, we have foxes around here, and a lot of them. People, even though they shouldn't, give the foxes some of they're food, and the guards (I live on an army post) will give the foxes hand-outs and even named a few.
[color="Lime"]My Fictionpress account[/color]! http://www.fictionpress.com/u/740837/Ally-Ann

[color="Yellow"]My Fanfiction account[/color]! http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2401061/ArmyAngel316

My nicknames! [color="Pink"]~*[/color][color="palegreen"]Ally[/color][color="pink"]*~[/color] [color="white"](>[/color][color="Cyan"]Mochi-chan[/color][color="White"]<)[/color]

I like mochi. ^^

I question my [color="DarkOrchid"]sanity[/color]. (._.)

Operation: Blackout
Ally-Ann

Postby Atria35 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:35 pm

Heh, the fox thing reminds me of at my high school where the guards would feed the geese... who happened to be nesting above the doorway. So not only were they ticked about the kids needing to go from class to class, they weren't afraid of people because of the handouts.

Kids got attacked. No one got injured, but there were a few close calls and a lot of running.
Atria35

Postby Rusty Claymore » Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:38 pm

I saw a video before of a buck kicking and stomping the crap out of a hunter
I would be wary of that, if only for the fact that someone was sitting there filming someone whose life was in danger. Not to mention someone with that horrible of situational awarness should not be hunting. XD

But yes, wild animals are, believe it or not, wild. My favorite example is the bison brochures in the yellowstone buses. A picture of someone being gored is accompanied by big friendly letters saying, "Do Not Approach Bison". It's worth holding up against the backdrop of tourists practically leaning on the bison for a photo op. :shake:

Haha, geese cause a lot of problems. We once had a geese problem at one of our airforce bases. Then all of a sudden, and I underscore all of a sudden, we didn't have a geese problem. XD This was shortly after a goose inspired high-fatality plane crash problem.
Proverbs 31:32 "...when she watches anime, she keeps the room well lit and sits at a safe distance."
Rusty Claymore

Postby Atria35 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:42 pm

Rusty Claymore (post: 1464254) wrote:But yes, wild animals are, believe it or not, wild. My favorite example is the bison brochures in the yellowstone buses. A picture of someone being gored is accompanied by big friendly letters saying, "Do Not Approach Bison". It's worth holding up against the backdrop of tourists practically leaning on the bison for a photo op. :shake:

Ohmygosh, when I went to visit Yellowstone, a couple was walking towards this herd of bison while letting their 3-or-4 year old child RUN TOWARDS THE ONE THAT WAS READY TO CHARGE. If the park ranger hadn't come racing around the bend in a jeep, that kid would have died or been seriously injured. We were all nearly crying with fear.
Atria35

Postby FllMtl Novelist » Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:06 pm

Haven't seen a moose in ages (and when I did, it was a ways away), but I guess they can be scary... never get between a mother and her little ones. o__o

The deer where I live are pretty flighty, though. So are most critters where I am, including foxes.

But we had a bear once that wasn't scared of loud noise, or lights. That was scary. o_o;;
Hats wrote:"Frodo! Cast off your [s]sins[/s] into the fire!"

EllaEdric 06:53 -IM SO UNEQUIPPED TO BE A MAN ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY.
FllMtl Novelist

Postby Sheenar » Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:59 pm

Rusty Claymore (post: 1464254) wrote:I would be wary of that, if only for the fact that someone was sitting there filming someone whose life was in danger. Not to mention someone with that horrible of situational awarness should not be hunting. XD

But yes, wild animals are, believe it or not, wild. My favorite example is the bison brochures in the yellowstone buses. A picture of someone being gored is accompanied by big friendly letters saying, "Do Not Approach Bison". It's worth holding up against the backdrop of tourists practically leaning on the bison for a photo op. :shake:

Haha, geese cause a lot of problems. We once had a geese problem at one of our airforce bases. Then all of a sudden, and I underscore all of a sudden, we didn't have a geese problem. XD This was shortly after a goose inspired high-fatality plane crash problem.

I saw that clip on tv. The guy had covered himself in buck urine in an attempt to try to get a funny video of a buck following/chasing him for his hunting buddies.
Really, really stupid idea.
http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?p=1055875847
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Return to General