The Bloop. A topic about the world's mysterious creatures.

Talk about anything in here.

The Bloop. A topic about the world's mysterious creatures.

Postby Wallachia » Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:41 pm

The Bloop.

The sound, traced to somewhere around 50° S 100° W (a remote point in the south Pacific Ocean west of the southern tip of South America), was detected several times by the Equatorial Pacific Ocean autonomous hydrophone array, which uses U.S. Navy equipment originally designed to detect Soviet submarines.

According to the NOAA description, it "rises rapidly in frequency over about one minute and was of sufficient amplitude to be heard on multiple sensors, at a range of over 5,000 km." The NOAA's Dr. Christopher Fox does not believe its origin is man-made, such as a submarine or bomb, or familiar geological events such as volcanoes or earthquakes. While the audio profile of the Bloop does resemble that of a living creature, the source is a mystery both because it is different from known sounds and because it was several times louder than the loudest known animal, the blue whale. Five other significant unexplained sounds have been named by NOAA: Julia, Train, Slow Down, Whistle and Upsweep.

Dr. Christopher Fox of the NOAA speculated that the Bloop may be ice calving in Antarctica. A year later Dr. Fox was paraphrased speculating it was likely animal in origin.

[SIZE="1"]Sources can be found on the Wikipedia page.[/SIZE]

I thought this would spawn an interesting discussion.
What are your thoughts on mythical, unidentified creatures here on Earth?

Bigfoot, the Loch Ness Monster, and many more. Do you believe any exist?
If they exist, they are most definitely God's Creation or... Well, maybe something else showing they're faces.

Do you have any interesting stories you've read about, heard, or seen on TV?

Finally, what do you think of the Bloop? Can you imagine a massive, deep-sea creature somewhere out there bigger than anything you can imagine? There's plenty of ugly creatures in the deepest pits of the ocean that were made by the Creator's Hands, so why not some mysterious ones that will continually say hello and quickly run away for the sake of spurring on our imaginations?

Wallachia

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:08 pm

Haha oh man. This is way cool!

Maybe they'll be able to find out one day.
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Sheenar » Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:32 pm

That's pretty awesome! I do believe there are many species that have yet to be discovered on our planet --and a lot of them are in the ocean.

I'm not sure about Bigfoot, but I do believe that dragons very well could have once been real and alive --just about every culture has stories and legends about them even though many did not have contact with other cultures.
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby Davidizer13 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:43 pm

There's enough weird stuff that we've found on Earth that there's really no need for looking for cryptids - compared to some of those weird marine invertebrates out there (as fossils, or still living), Bigfoot looks downright tame.
We are loved even though we suck.

Psalms 37:37 (NHEB)
Mark the perfect man, and see the upright, for there is a future for the man of peace.
Davidizer13

Postby Dante » Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:50 pm

Ah, Kaligraphic has finally arrived with his army on planet Earth - I for one shall welcome our new alien overlords.
Dante

Postby aliveinHim » Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:48 am

I found Bigfoot under my sister's bed.
"And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins, in which you once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience, among whom also we all once conducted ourselves in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, just as the others.
But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, that in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us in Christ Jesus." Ephesians 2:1-7

http://oribichan94.deviantart.com/
aliveinHim

Postby Yuki-Anne » Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:50 am

That reminds me of a video I watched today after watching The Bloop. It was about a prehistoric fish, and it was one ugly son of a biscuit-head, ya'all. One of the comments said, "They found my sister! :D"

I lol'd.

/story
New and improved Yuki-Anne: now with blog: http://anneinjapan.blog.com
Yuki-Anne

Postby aliveinHim » Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:04 am

My daddy told me there was a monster living in the scary room of our basement. I used to believe him and I still get scared being in my basement alone at night.
"And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins, in which you once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience, among whom also we all once conducted ourselves in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, just as the others.
But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, that in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us in Christ Jesus." Ephesians 2:1-7

http://oribichan94.deviantart.com/
aliveinHim

Postby Saiya~Jin » Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:30 am

I opened that link in a new tab, and forgot about it for a second.

...I started freaking out when these weird noises started coming from my computer.

Anyway, this reminds me of a seminar my dad got me when I was a kid. It's called "Dinosaurs and the Bible" by Kent Hovind. He talkes about creatures like the Loch Ness Monster, a creature in Lake Eerie, and other things. http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6833722951687298593# If you want to watch it all, it's about 2 hours long, haha

Regarding to the topic, this is actually really exciting. I'd love to see what kind of creature is making that noise!
"The power of imagination is the ability to create your own future...and the power to create your own flow of time."
Saiya~Jin

Postby Sapphire225 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:47 am

I remeber seeing this Cthulhu-jelly fish thing on this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KT1TSbarW1U

I won't be too surprised if this Bloop came about.
"Because the World isn't as cruel as you take it to be." ~ Celty, Durarara!!

Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."
~Deuteronomy 31:6

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We live in a fantasy world, a world of illusion. The great task in life is to find reality. ~ Iris Murdoch
Sapphire225

Postby Dante » Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:58 am

My daddy told me there was a monster living in the scary room of our basement. I used to believe him and I still get scared being in my basement alone at night.

No, that was just me before I lived in a Van down by the river. XD
Dante

Postby Furen » Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:02 pm

Wallachia (post: 1463173) wrote:Can you imagine a massive, deep-sea creature somewhere out there bigger than anything you can imagine?

No? I don't believe so...
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby Jingo Jaden » Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:08 pm

Mystery solved.
Of two evils, choose neither - Charles Spurgeon.

Jingo Jaden

Postby Yuki-Anne » Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:15 pm

Sapphire225 (post: 1463295) wrote:I remeber seeing this Cthulhu-jelly fish thing on this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KT1TSbarW1U

I won't be too surprised if this Bloop came about.

My favorite part of that video is all the surprised looking Japanese guys in the corner.
New and improved Yuki-Anne: now with blog: http://anneinjapan.blog.com
Yuki-Anne

Return to General