Gravedigging

Talk about anything in here.

Postby FllMtl Novelist » Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:27 pm

Pascal (post: 1461741) wrote:You know, I'm going to respond to this thread... Five years from now ]
I wanted to say that. D:
Lynna (post: 1461745) wrote:You made my day XD I acctually thought this thread was about the gravedigging of threads XD

Me too. XD
[Quote=Lynna]My Aunty once said "I'd like to be cremated, and have my ashes put into fireworks so my friends can have a fun party to remmember me in" XD

Wow, nice. XD
Unless, of course, nobody cares that I'm dead, wich is possible, but I would hope otherwise.

Never! D8
mechana2015 (post: 1461748) wrote:You have no idea how happy it makes me to hear that someone else has thought of that.

Hahaha.
Yuki-Anne (post: 1461754) wrote:I don't want people viewing my dead body after I'm gone. Maybe it's just me, but it's a level of creepiness akin to somebody watching you sleep, Edward Cullen style. Rather, everybody you know and love and a few people you don't watching you sleep, Edward Cullen style.

At my grandpa's wake we could see his body. It was jarring the first time (my parents were arranging the funeral and stuff, and they took us kids to the place some hours before), but I never thought of it as creepy.
ClosetOtaku (post: 1461821) wrote:As for gravedigging -- let's face it, digging up a body buried three years ago makes you a criminal, digging up one buried three thousand years ago makes you a researcher, and digging up one buried three million years ago* makes you famous. What's the difference?

Interesting observation. o.o
Mouse2010 (post: 1461841) wrote:I'd rather be cremated, because then I would take up less space. Also, I lived near the Mississippi during a flood years ago, and I remember being appalled when some cemeteries were flooded. The coffins and their contents were washed away. Of course that didn't bother the deceased themselves, but it was disgusting and a health risk, and it was traumatic for the families of the deceased. Watching that on the news made me think that I'd rather be cremated than run the risk of that happening to my body after I died.

Yeah, where my mom grew up they got a hurricane one year (in a place where they never--ever--get hurricanes), there was a ton of flooding, and she says there were indeed coffins and icky stuff floating around. It was disturbing, I guess. o_o

I've never really thought about whether I'd like to be cremated or not. I'd probably just be buried in a casket with the rest of the shebang.

I doubt I'd choose to be cremated. I'd just keep thinking of this story where my dad drove his grandmother and aunt (I think) to a funeral where the man had been cremated. Everyone stood around this little box, and after the ceremony I guess they lowered it in the hole in the ground, and things were pretty quiet. The two elderly ladies went to stand by the grave (Dad helping them keep their balance) and ones says, unintentionally clearly so everyone can hear: "Gee... that's a pretty small box... Did they fit all of him in there?" And the two women just start chattering on like, "I don't know, it's really tiny..." XD I bet if it were me, my sister would giggle and do something similar. I wonder if that would be so bad, though, really. XD
Hats wrote:"Frodo! Cast off your [s]sins[/s] into the fire!"

EllaEdric 06:53 -IM SO UNEQUIPPED TO BE A MAN ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY.
FllMtl Novelist

Postby Davidizer13 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:53 pm

When I die, I'm going to attempt to become a fossil (after organ donation, of course): find a nice expanse of marine mud that's not going to be subducted where I can sit around and calcify/pyrite-ify (look up pyritized ammonites - cool stuff)/quartz-ify for a few million years, and hope that a) it gets pushed back up onto land where I can baffle future paleontologists and b) it doesn't get metamorphosed and cook the whole mass of minerals that was my body away. The Gulf of Mexico's looking like the best place for it, but I don't of any forces acing there now that could get me back on land.
We are loved even though we suck.

Psalms 37:37 (NHEB)
Mark the perfect man, and see the upright, for there is a future for the man of peace.
Davidizer13

Postby Ante Bellum » Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:13 pm

I think my roommate's dad wants to have his ashes placed in fireworks and shot off over a lake.
I just want to donate my (hopefully healthy) organs, donate anything else to science if that's possible. Whatever's left of me will be cremated and can either be scattered if I'm poor, put into fireworks if I'm middle class, and shot into space if I'm rich.
Ante Bellum

Postby Yamamaya » Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:37 pm

I plan to donate my body to Cannibals. Except when my body arrives, I shall awaken and then proceed to show them how it feels to get eaten.
Yamamaya

Postby Seto_Sora » Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:45 pm

Yuki-Anne (post: 1461722) wrote:You know, it's illegal to dig up graves in most states. What do you think about gravedigging and/or graverobbing? Is it weird, or can it make you a legend, like Indiana Jones?

Also, would you want to be buried (in satin, if you die young) or cremated?

I think I would want to be cremated, because I think coffins are waste of space and resources.

Hey! What about the third option? Be made into a diamond?

I'd want to be buried in an unmarked grave... just a hole in the ground. I don't have a preference. I'd rather not everyone go to the expense of all that fancy stuff... and I don't want to be sorrowfully remembered after I pass away... I don't know why, I just don't want to be the cause of other's sorrow. I wouldn't mind a sea burial though.
And who digs up graves!? Thats just gross and morbid. Becoming famous for digging graves... uh, no.

SDG
This

Seto_Sora

Postby KougaHane » Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:50 pm

Hansha (post: 1461723) wrote:I don't care. I'd be dead so whatever the person taking care of my body needed to do. and no one can be as legendary as Indiana Jones.

^/agree

I don't care what happens to my body. Cause I'm dead. I CAN'T care.
chatbot 09:36 - KougaHane asks, Will you be my friend?
My answer: No
KougaHane 09:36 - T_T
KougaHane

Postby ShiroiHikari » Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:59 pm

I think I want my body to be cremated after I die. After I'm dead it's just a body that's going to rot eventually anyway. It's cheaper, it doesn't take up space in the ground, and nobody ever visits your grave anyway so what's the point in erecting one?
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby armeck » Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:35 pm

When i die i want them to ship my body to the core of the earth so that the world with revovle around me
Just some punk kid that likes techno music
armeck

Postby Dr.Faust » Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:41 pm

I'll mostlikely give my body to scienc, if not that i'll have my body filled with butter and popcorn and then have my self cremated :)
Check out my boy's art: http://www.arttronik.com/
Dr.Faust

Postby Yuki-Anne » Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:38 pm

Dr.Faust (post: 1462477) wrote:I'll mostlikely give my body to scienc, if not that i'll have my body filled with butter and popcorn and then have my self cremated :)

That. is. nasty.
New and improved Yuki-Anne: now with blog: http://anneinjapan.blog.com
Yuki-Anne

Postby Dr.Faust » Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:50 pm

Yuki-Anne (post: 1462512) wrote:That. is. nasty.

Ha Ha I got the idea form the internet show Foamy
Check out my boy's art: http://www.arttronik.com/
Dr.Faust

Postby ABlipinTime » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:04 pm

when I saw the title of this forum, I thought it was referring to bringing back old threads. i wanted to see what people had to say. :/

the current topic is disgusting. just thought i'd mention that
ABlipinTime

Postby Nate » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:18 pm

And yet the current topic is something you're going to have to deal with one day. My grandfather just died and I'm having to watch my grandmother make decisions like will he be cremated? Will he be buried? What will he wear when he's buried? What will he be buried with? What kind of flowers will be on the casket? What kind of services will the funeral home provide?

I had to make some of the same decisions myself when my dad died. If you find it disgusting, I hope you're not an only child and that you never get married so you never have to make those decisions, then. :p

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Atria35 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:00 am

ABlipinTime (post: 1462578) wrote:the current topic is disgusting. just thought i'd mention that

What Nate said. Everyone and everything dies. It's a natural part of life.

Your feelings about it are a modern phenomina- up until the 1950's, most things involving death were taken care of inside the home of the deceased (and yes, that does include embalming). Not to mention you'd see half your family die before you made it to adulthood, so you'd be around death a lot. It wasn't until hygene got better and the funerary stuff moved into funeral homes that people started seeing it as gross or disgusting.
Atria35

Postby ShiroiHikari » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:08 am

The decomposition process is pretty freaking gross, but we're not really talking about that in this thread. (I suggest we don't.) We're just talking about burial vs. cremation. That's not so gross.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Fish and Chips » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:32 am

When I die I want to be cremated, and have my urn set at an-ever-so-slight incline that it might one day tip over when one of my progeny was vacuuming and cause a panic.

And something about Nazi gold.
Fish and Chips

Previous

Return to General