Gravedigging

Talk about anything in here.

Gravedigging

Postby Yuki-Anne » Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:05 pm

You know, it's illegal to dig up graves in most states. What do you think about gravedigging and/or graverobbing? Is it weird, or can it make you a legend, like Indiana Jones?

Also, would you want to be buried (in satin, if you die young) or cremated?

I think I would want to be cremated, because I think coffins are waste of space and resources.
New and improved Yuki-Anne: now with blog: http://anneinjapan.blog.com
Yuki-Anne

Postby Hansha » Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:10 pm

I don't care. I'd be dead so whatever the person taking care of my body needed to do. and no one can be as legendary as Indiana Jones.
" The light shines in the darkness and the darkness has not overcome it." John 1:5
Hansha

Postby aliveinHim » Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:24 pm

I'd rather be burried than cremated because if you look all over Scripture, people who were cremated were typically criminals or people who were in outright disobedience to God. Personally, I think people who chose cremation have no friends because if they did have friends, why wouldn't they invite them to the funeral?
"And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins, in which you once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience, among whom also we all once conducted ourselves in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, just as the others.
But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, that in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us in Christ Jesus." Ephesians 2:1-7

http://oribichan94.deviantart.com/
aliveinHim

Postby Yamamaya » Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:36 pm

This thread isn't about necromancy.

It isn't about necromancy at all.
Yamamaya

Postby Hansha » Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:47 pm

Yamamaya (post: 1461734) wrote:This thread isn't about necromancy.

It isn't about necromancy at all.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Necromancy
" The light shines in the darkness and the darkness has not overcome it." John 1:5
Hansha

Postby Dante » Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:55 pm

You know, I'm going to respond to this thread... Five years from now ;).
Dante

Postby Atria35 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:57 pm

aliveinHim (post: 1461729) wrote:I'd rather be burried than cremated because if you look all over Scripture, people who were cremated were typically criminals or people who were in outright disobedience to God. Personally, I think people who chose cremation have no friends because if they did have friends, why wouldn't they invite them to the funeral?

You have the funeral beforehand. Then they take you to the cremation place.

Personally, for me, I'd have them take whatever organs they could for other people, and then donate my body to science.
Atria35

Postby Lynna » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:03 pm

My Aunty once said "I'd like to be cremated, and have my ashes put into fireworks so my friends can have a fun party to remmember me in" XD
I don't know. I honestly don't care. I'll be in heaven, and my body will just be an empty shell. Without my soul, It's not worth much
I Believe in the Sun/Even when It's not shining/I belive in Love/Even When I Don't Feel it/And I Believe in God/Even when He is silent/And I, I Believe ---BarlowGirl
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks To All The CAA Moderators
DeviantArttumblrBeneath The Tangles
Avatar (lovingly) taken from The Silver Eye webcomic
Lynna

Postby Nate » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:06 pm

aliveinHim wrote:Personally, I think people who chose cremation have no friends because if they did have friends, why wouldn't they invite them to the funeral?

You act as if being cremated prevents you from having a funeral, which isn't the case. You can have a funeral even if you're cremated you know. In fact you can have funerals without a body. What do you think they do for people who are lost at sea and never found, or burned alive in a building, or blown up by explosives or something? They still have a funeral even if they don't have a body.

Although as Atria said, usually when someone chooses to be cremated, they still preserve the body and have a viewing of it for friends and family, THEN cremate it after that. Though I do think they also sometimes cremate the person and then put the ashes in an urn on display. It might depend on the funeral home, or the wishes of the person dying.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Lynna » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:06 pm

[quote="Pascal (post: 1461741)"]You know, I'm going to respond to this thread... Five years from now ]

You made my day XD I acctually thought this thread was about the gravedigging of threads XD

My Aunty once said "I'd like to be cremated, and have my ashes put into fireworks so my friends can have a fun party to remmember me in" XD
I don't know. I honestly don't care. I'll be in heaven, and my body will just be an empty shell. Without my soul, It's not worth much. I hope that my friends will do whatever they think would feel best for them, though Now that I think about it, I might like to have a gravestone or memorial or something they could visit, if that would make them feel better. I cartainly know it would make me feel better.
Unless, of course, nobody cares that I'm dead, wich is possible, but I would hope otherwise.
[Edit] Wow...what happened there...I was just editing...and somehow it turned into a double post.....
I Believe in the Sun/Even when It's not shining/I belive in Love/Even When I Don't Feel it/And I Believe in God/Even when He is silent/And I, I Believe ---BarlowGirl
Lynna

Postby aliveinHim » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:06 pm

Atria35 (post: 1461742) wrote:You have the funeral beforehand. Then they take you to the cremation place.

Personally, for me, I'd have them take whatever organs they could for other people, and then donate my body to science.

I've actually signed up for organ donation because I know when I'm dead, someone's going to need my pancreas, liver, heart, lungs, or whatever more than me.
"And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins, in which you once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience, among whom also we all once conducted ourselves in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, just as the others.
But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, that in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us in Christ Jesus." Ephesians 2:1-7

http://oribichan94.deviantart.com/
aliveinHim

Postby mechana2015 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:11 pm

Lynna wrote:My Aunty once said "I'd like to be cremated, and have my ashes put into fireworks so my friends can have a fun party to remember me in" XD

You have no idea how happy it makes me to hear that someone else has thought of that.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby Yuki-Anne » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:28 pm

I don't want people viewing my dead body after I'm gone. Maybe it's just me, but it's a level of creepiness akin to somebody watching you sleep, Edward Cullen style. Rather, everybody you know and love and a few people you don't watching you sleep, Edward Cullen style.
Yuki-Anne

Postby Lynna » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:36 pm

Yuki-Anne (post: 1461754) wrote:I don't want people viewing my dead body after I'm gone. Maybe it's just me, but it's a level of creepiness akin to somebody watching you sleep, Edward Cullen style. Rather, everybody you know and love and a few people you don't watching you sleep, Edward Cullen style.

XD Edward Cullen style. I love the sound of that XD

Except, unlike watching people in their sleep* shudders* you can't hear them sleep-talking
Lynna

Postby Kaori » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:55 pm

“The grave’s a fine and private place, But none I think do there embrace.â€
Let others believe in the God who brings men to trial and judges them. I shall cling to the God who resurrects the dead.
-St. Nikolai Velimirovich

MAL
Kaori

Postby Maledicte » Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:15 am

I've signed up for organ donation as well. I mean, I won't need them by then, may as well help someone else.

But I'd definitely ask for a closed-casket service. The last service I went to was open-casket, and it felt almost like an insult when there were pictures of the person while he was alive playing on the screen. There was no resemblance at all.

Yuki-Anne wrote:Maybe it's just me, but it's a level of creepiness akin to somebody watching you sleep, Edward Cullen style. Rather, everybody you know and love and a few people you don't watching you sleep, Edward Cullen style.

The fact that you repeated the phrase "Edward Cullen style" somehow makes it even creepier. XD
Maledicte

Postby Yuki-Anne » Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:00 am

I try to say "Edward Cullen style" at least three times a day. Keeps me regular.
Yuki-Anne

Postby c.t.,girl » Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:13 am

i think gravedigging/robbing is disrespectful to the family of that person...but...meh.

as for how i'd like to be taken care of after death? i've donated my body/organs, but everyone should keep in mind that when you sign on for being a donor...it doesn't just mean for people who are dying. it also means you'll be donating your body to students to practice on...and not just the life saving medical students...the plastic surgeons usually come first...and usually pick the heads of people. But that doesn't bother me.
[color="DarkOrange"]"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things... hey... the good things don't always soften the bad things; but vice-versa the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant." -11th Doctor

"The advice I like to give young artists, or really anybody who’ll listen to me, is not to wait around for inspiration. Inspiration is for amateurs; the rest of us just show up and get to work. If you wait around for the clouds to part and a bolt of lightning to strike you in the brain, you are not going to make an awful lot of work. All the best ideas come out of the process; they come out of the work itself. Things occur to you. If you’re sitting around trying to dream up a great art idea, you can sit there a long time before anything happens. But if you just get to work, something will occur to you and something else will occur to you and something else that you reject will push you in another direction. Inspiration is absolutely unnecessary and somehow deceptive. You feel like you need this great idea before you can get down to work, and I find that’s almost never the case." - Chuck Close[/color]
c.t.,girl

Postby Bobtheduck » Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:37 am

[quote="Pascal (post: 1461741)"]You know, I'm going to respond to this thread... Five years from now ]

I thought something similar, haha!

Grave robbing (what the topic is actually about) is pretty wrong. Not that there's something mystical about touching dead bodies, but you're not respecting the ones still alive.

As for me, I want to be donated to a medical school. No money for the burial, and my body has a purpose.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby Kaligraphic » Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:55 am

I'm planning to have my corpse fitted with animatronics so that I can dance at my own funeral. I'm thinking of leading the Thriller dance.

Also, if someone digs up my corpse, I want to twitch and move, just to creep out any grave robbers.
The cake used to be a lie like you, but then it took a portal to the deception core.
Kaligraphic

Postby J.D3 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:10 am

mechana2015 (post: 1461748) wrote:You have no idea how happy it makes me to hear that someone else has thought of that.

o.O ....... :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Kaligraphic (post: 1461797) wrote:I'm planning to have my corpse fitted with animatronics so that I can dance at my own funeral. I'm thinking of leading the Thriller dance.

Also, if someone digs up my corpse, I want to twitch and move, just to creep out any grave robbers.

Umm... I guess that's creative at least! :eh:
Mack: Did I hear God call me an idiot?
God: *shrugs* If the shoe fits, honey. Yes sir, if the shoe fits...
The Shack, William P. Young

J.D3

Postby Yuki-Anne » Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:25 am

Kaligraphic (post: 1461797) wrote:I'm planning to have my corpse fitted with animatronics so that I can dance at my own funeral. I'm thinking of leading the Thriller dance.

I will dedicate the vast fortune I am earning as a missionary to make this dream a reality.
Yuki-Anne

Postby ClosetOtaku » Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:38 am

My dad was cremated; my sister was cremated; my mom would like to be when she dies. Given the scarcity of burial plots, the expense of a casket, and the eventual end of everybody -- 'remember, man, you are dust, and to dust you will return' -- cremation just accelerates the decaying process at considerably less expense.

As for gravedigging -- let's face it, digging up a body buried three years ago makes you a criminal, digging up one buried three thousand years ago makes you a researcher, and digging up one buried three million years ago* makes you famous. What's the difference?

*Anthropological dating, your time scale may vary according to your creation beliefs....
"If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." -- C.S. Lewis
ClosetOtaku

Postby Rusty Claymore » Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:53 am

There is never any reason beyond forensics to dig up graves. Stealing is wrong, so too bad if they had something flashy buried with them. I think Otaku made a good point. Although I think it'd be permisable as a way to learn of ancient cultures we don't know much about, but after the're done everything should be restored.

On a side note, Tomb raiding in video games is ok, becase anything in a chest belongs to you unless specified otherwise in the name. XD
Proverbs 31:32 "...when she watches anime, she keeps the room well lit and sits at a safe distance."
Rusty Claymore

Postby Yamamaya » Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:32 am

I shall turn you all into zombies when you die thus it is irrelevant where you will be buried.
Yamamaya

Postby Mouse2010 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:42 am

Yuki-Anne (post: 1461722) wrote:You know, it's illegal to dig up graves in most states. What do you think about gravedigging and/or graverobbing?

This is totally not what I thought this thread was going to be about! Like other people, I thought it was going to be about digging up dead threads. :-)

Also, would you want to be buried (in satin, if you die young) or cremated?

I'd rather be cremated, because then I would take up less space. Also, I lived near the Mississippi during a flood years ago, and I remember being appalled when some cemeteries were flooded. The coffins and their contents were washed away. Of course that didn't bother the deceased themselves, but it was disgusting and a health risk, and it was traumatic for the families of the deceased. Watching that on the news made me think that I'd rather be cremated than run the risk of that happening to my body after I died.
Mouse2010

Postby Cognitive Gear » Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:46 am

ClosetOtaku (post: 1461821) wrote:As for gravedigging -- let's face it, digging up a body buried three years ago makes you a criminal, digging up one buried three thousand years ago makes you a researcher, and digging up one buried three million years ago* makes you famous. What's the difference?

Is there a way I can donate my body to Anthropologists of the year 5000?
[font="Tahoma"][SIZE="2"]"It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things."

-Terry Pratchett[/SIZE][/font]
Cognitive Gear

Postby Nate » Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:37 pm

Here lies Strong Bad

"Checking e-mails and kicking Cheats in the hereafter"
Buried with his hundred girlfriends
And like, a jillion dollars

Please don't dig up the grave.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby mechana2015 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:53 pm

Cognitive Gear (post: 1461842) wrote:Is there a way I can donate my body to Anthropologists of the year 5000?

I hear Greenland's a good place to bury stuff for posterity...

Yamamaya (post: 1461837) wrote:I shall turn you all into zombies when you die thus it is irrelevant where you will be buried.

One more reason to get cremated.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby Htom Sirveaux » Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:27 pm

If this post seems too utterly absurd or ridiculous to be taken seriously, don't. :)
Htom Sirveaux

Next

Return to General