When you like a girl

Talk about anything in here.

When you like a girl

Postby timothy » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:39 pm

OK so i was wondering if anyone could give me some pointers ok. Well there is this girl that i like but i am not sure if she feels the same and i want to know if she has boyfriend then would it be mean to tell her how i feel. I mean if she feels the same about me then would i be being mean technically?
timothy

Postby Yamamaya » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:44 pm

I misread this post as "when you become a girl."

Anyway, the very action of asking her if she has a boyfriend is enough for her to see that you're interested. Of course facebook is an easy way to get the answer to this question without even asking it.

Even if she has a girlfriend, it isn't a mean action to let her know that you're interested. Keep in mind that it can lead to awkward moments though.
Yamamaya

Postby Hansha » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:49 pm

I would say just try to be casual about it. If you get to nervous and seem to intense it's gonna come off as creepy and desperate. Kinda like, let her know you really like her but don't act like you couldn't live without her. Thats what I would want anyway, but eveybody is different.
" The light shines in the darkness and the darkness has not overcome it." John 1:5
Hansha

Postby Yamamaya » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:54 pm

Hansha (post: 1461258) wrote:I would say just try to be casual about it. If you get to nervous and seem to intense it's gonna come off as creepy and desperate. Kinda like, let her know you really like her but don't act like you couldn't live without her. Thats what I would want anyway, but eveybody is different.

I've always had a problem with the "don't ask nervous" part. I mean I understand how it looks to the girl, but think of how the guy feels. I understand what you're saying and I agree but I still find it silly that the guy gets all the blame.

Good advice though. Don't mind me.
Yamamaya

Postby Seto_Sora » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:55 pm

Heh, thats because its like dancing. Its the guy's responsibility to lead. Otherwise the lady has no idea where he is going and has no confidence in him. But all the same, as a guy... its still pretty scary asking a girl.

SDG
This

Seto_Sora

Postby Makachop^^128 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:03 pm

Yamamaya (post: 1461263) wrote:I've always had a problem with the "don't ask nervous" part. I mean I understand how it looks to the girl, but think of how the guy feels. I understand what you're saying and I agree but I still find it silly that the guy gets all the blame.

Good advice though. Don't mind me.

I think its kinda cute when the guy is nervous >.< shows they care alot what you think about them. Anyway just tell her how you feel, don't go into detail lol just tell her you like her, and then see where it goes. I don't know if I where a guy I'd do it that way.
"We're not gonna die. We can't die, Bendis. You know why? Because we are so...very...pretty. We are just too pretty for God to let us die."-Mal

http://www.facebook.com/ShaylaChan

http://www.shelfari.com/shaylabot
http://myanimelist.net/profile/ShaylaBot
Makachop^^128

Postby Cognitive Gear » Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:21 pm

PatrickEklektos (post: 1461266) wrote:Heh, thats because its like dancing. Its the guy's responsibility to lead. Otherwise the lady has no idea where he is going and has no confidence in him. But all the same, as a guy... its still pretty scary asking a girl.

SDG

It is. Even when you already know that she has the same feelings for you, it's natural for a lot of us to be nervous. I know from experience.

Generally speaking, the way to go about this will depend on the girl. I know that's a vague answer, but every girl will react the the same situation slightly differently. Some would rather that you be straightforward and tell them, others would rather that you let them know you are interested in roudabout ways, and still others would have preferences that I can't even imagine. Women are individuals, and they each are looking for different things.
[font="Tahoma"][SIZE="2"]"It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things."

-Terry Pratchett[/SIZE][/font]
Cognitive Gear

Postby Hansha » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:02 pm

Cognitive Gear (post: 1461282) wrote:It is. Even when you already know that she has the same feelings for you, it's natural for a lot of us to be nervous. I know from experience.

Generally speaking, the way to go about this will depend on the girl. I know that's a vague answer, but every girl will react the the same situation slightly differently. Some would rather that you be straightforward and tell them, others would rather that you let them know you are interested in roudabout ways, and still others would have preferences that I can't even imagine. Women are individuals, and they each are looking for different things.

^this instead of what I said because what I said was just for me I guess.
" The light shines in the darkness and the darkness has not overcome it." John 1:5
Hansha

Postby Maledicte » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:18 pm

Of course if she asks you first, problem solved. \^o^/

But I agree with Yamamaya: asking if she has a boyfriend is a pretty safe way of not only finding out whether or not she has one, and tells her you're interested. If she doesn't have a boyfriend, she might likely will clarify on whether she wants one or not.

timothy wrote:I mean if she feels the same about me then would i be being mean technically?

Not sure what you mean by this, do you think that asking if she already has someone is mean? "Do you have a boyfriend?" is not an unreasonable or offensive question IMO.
Maledicte

Postby ADXC » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:33 pm

Yamamaya (post: 1461257) wrote:
Even if she has a girlfriend, it isn't a mean action to let her know that you're interested.

If she does have a girlfriend, then that girl has another problem to deal with besides knowing whether or not she likes him. :P XD

Sorry, I just had to point that out. XD
ADXC

Postby Maledicte » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:35 pm

ADXC (post: 1461301) wrote:If she does have a girlfriend, then that girl has another problem to deal with besides knowing whether or not she likes him. :P XD

Lol, I noticed that too. The point is still valid XD
Maledicte

Postby Yamamaya » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:49 am

ADXC (post: 1461301) wrote:If she does have a girlfriend, then that girl has another problem to deal with besides knowing whether or not she likes him. :P XD

Oh whoops.
Yamamaya

Postby Nate » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:50 am

Please tell me I'm not the only one who thought of this when I saw the title of this thread.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby ABlipinTime » Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:30 pm

imho, it's best to wait on getting a girlfriend until you're old enough to get married. Guessing your age, Tim, I don't think you're at that point.

Makachop^^128 (post: 1461270) wrote:I think its kinda cute when the guy is nervous >.< shows they care alot what you think about them.

Meh. It's more like a natural nervous response when entering a situation of innumerable obvious unknowns. Does that make sense? :dizzy:
- God is always with us, especially when we feel most alone.
http://ablipintime.deviantart.com/
Htom Sirveaux (post: 1435089) - "We should all start speaking telepathically."
Midori (post: 1457302) "Sometimes, if I try hard, I can speak in English."
(post: 1481465) "Overthinking is an art."
Goldenspines - "Fighting the bad guys and rescuing princesses from trolls and all that. "
ABlipinTime

Postby Warrior4Christ » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:47 pm

Indeed, it would lead to an awkward moment, as Yamamaya originally stated.
Everywhere like such as, and MOES.

"Expect great things from God; attempt great things for God." - William Carey
Warrior4Christ

Location: Carefully place an additional prawn on the barbecue

Postby c.t.,girl » Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:47 am

Nate (post: 1461358) wrote:Please tell me I'm not the only one who thought of this when I saw the title of this thread.

i needed to listen to some journey...they make my ears have happies. :3 thank you.

ABlipinTime (post: 1461479) wrote:imho, it's best to wait on getting a girlfriend until you're old enough to get married. Guessing your age, Tim, I don't think you're at that point.

PFFT whatever. i had friends in high school that were gf/bf when they were in like 1st grade...now they're married to each other. dude, i say go for it. the worst that could happen is she'd say no...and a few awkward moments. however...if i was a dude...and it was getting close to the weekend...i'd totally be all, "so what are you doing this weekend? probably plans with your boyfriend?" then it makes her say if she has a bf or not...plus she'll totally get a hint if she's smart. if she's not doing anything/doesn't have a bf ASK TO GO TO AN ARCADE OR SOME PLACE FUN...not the movies where you don't interact...and not to dinner where you're FORCED to talk...just hang out. :3 even having her over for video games is enough for a girl to get giddy about.
[color="DarkOrange"]"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things... hey... the good things don't always soften the bad things; but vice-versa the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant." -11th Doctor

"The advice I like to give young artists, or really anybody who’ll listen to me, is not to wait around for inspiration. Inspiration is for amateurs; the rest of us just show up and get to work. If you wait around for the clouds to part and a bolt of lightning to strike you in the brain, you are not going to make an awful lot of work. All the best ideas come out of the process; they come out of the work itself. Things occur to you. If you’re sitting around trying to dream up a great art idea, you can sit there a long time before anything happens. But if you just get to work, something will occur to you and something else will occur to you and something else that you reject will push you in another direction. Inspiration is absolutely unnecessary and somehow deceptive. You feel like you need this great idea before you can get down to work, and I find that’s almost never the case." - Chuck Close[/color]
c.t.,girl

Postby Maledicte » Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:13 am

Nate (post: 1461358) wrote:Please tell me I'm not the only one who thought of this when I saw the title of this thread.

I was hearing more of this instead. Not quite as good though. :P
Maledicte

Postby ShiroiHikari » Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:27 am

Yeah I agree, don't go to the movies; that's a horrible way to get to know somebody. Dinner is usually freaking awkward and should probably be saved for after you've at least spoken a few times first. Try...uh...I dunno, going bowling or skating or playing Wii Sports Resort or something.

I also don't think it's necessary to wait until you're "old enough" to get married before you can date. How old is old enough? It differs for every individual. If you can date responsibly at 16 then sure, go ahead. If it takes until you're 30 then more power to you. There is no magic age number you hit where you're like SUDDENLY, MATURITY!

And you know, relationship mistakes are going to happen. You can't avoid it, unless you don't have any relationships at all, and most people aren't, as they say, "called" to do that. What you can do is learn valuable lessons from those mistakes and apply that knowledge to future relationships (and I don't just mean the romantical kind).
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby shooraijin » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:17 am

Maledicte (post: 1461506) wrote:I was hearing more of this instead. Not quite as good though. :P

Yes, that's the one I thought of too.
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Nate » Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:30 am

c.t.,girl wrote:ASK TO GO TO AN ARCADE OR SOME PLACE FUN

Chris, you and I are way too old. Arcades haven't really been fun places to hang out for at least 10 years. :\

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:36 am

Nate (post: 1461573) wrote:Chris, you and I are way too old. Arcades haven't really been fun places to hang out for at least 10 years. :\

But where else can you find DDR machines?
Shao Feng-Li

Postby KougaHane » Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:46 am

don't wait too long if you suspect she feels the same way. She won't forever. Happened to me once. was awkward.
chatbot 09:36 - KougaHane asks, Will you be my friend?
My answer: No
KougaHane 09:36 - T_T
KougaHane

Postby Nami » Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:52 am

Shao Feng-Li (post: 1461576) wrote:But where else can you find DDR machines?

Buy a PS2, a DDR pad and the game, then you can save a trip! XD
[color="Red"][SIZE="3"]Swiftly Dissin' and never Missin'.
Yours Truly,
Sick of all the BSin'.[/SIZE][/color]
Nami

Location: Sitting in a tree, waiting for you. *sinister grin*

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:00 am

Nami (post: 1461580) wrote:Buy a PS2, a DDR pad and the game, then you can save a trip! XD

But they scoot across the floor when you play D:
Shao Feng-Li

Postby shooraijin » Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:00 am

Nate (post: 1461573) wrote:Chris, you and I are way too old. Arcades haven't really been fun places to hang out for at least 10 years. :\

They're good for pinball ...

Okay, okay, I guess I'm way too old too. :sniffle:
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Rusty Claymore » Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:55 pm

Shao Feng-Li (post: 1461581) wrote:But they scoot across the floor when you play D:

Duct-tape. XD
While mine scoot it's not that bad, so if I re-adjust it between songs it works just fine.
Proverbs 31:32 "...when she watches anime, she keeps the room well lit and sits at a safe distance."
Rusty Claymore

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:03 pm

Whatever you do, be ballsy and be confident!

And always be content with whatever answer you get. Don't make it awkward for her.
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby c.t.,girl » Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:10 pm

actually the song i was really thinking about was by marvin gaye

Image [SIZE="1"]click the picture. :P[/SIZE]

http://nooooooooooooooo.com/

But they scoot across the floor when you play D:

VELCROOOOOOO! :D
[color="DarkOrange"]"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things... hey... the good things don't always soften the bad things; but vice-versa the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant." -11th Doctor

"The advice I like to give young artists, or really anybody who’ll listen to me, is not to wait around for inspiration. Inspiration is for amateurs; the rest of us just show up and get to work. If you wait around for the clouds to part and a bolt of lightning to strike you in the brain, you are not going to make an awful lot of work. All the best ideas come out of the process; they come out of the work itself. Things occur to you. If you’re sitting around trying to dream up a great art idea, you can sit there a long time before anything happens. But if you just get to work, something will occur to you and something else will occur to you and something else that you reject will push you in another direction. Inspiration is absolutely unnecessary and somehow deceptive. You feel like you need this great idea before you can get down to work, and I find that’s almost never the case." - Chuck Close[/color]
c.t.,girl

Postby Davidizer13 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:51 pm

shooraijin (post: 1461582) wrote:They're good for pinball ...

And Daytona USA. (MAME still can't handle its awesome, and besides, it's nothing without the cabinet setup.)
We are loved even though we suck.

Psalms 37:37 (NHEB)
Mark the perfect man, and see the upright, for there is a future for the man of peace.
Davidizer13

Postby FllMtl Novelist » Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:48 pm

If you're already really close friends with this girl, and she knows you as just a close friend, asking if she has a boyfriend won't necessarily tip her off. A close friend of mine who happens to be a guy has asked me more than once about crushes and the like, but not because he was interested in me romantically. XD I forget why it came up, but that wasn't the reason. XD

It might not be the case here, but I thought I'd mention an exception to what some of the folks here have been saying. ^^;

I'm sorry, but I can't offer any real advice. I don't know any songs either. ._.
Hats wrote:"Frodo! Cast off your [s]sins[/s] into the fire!"

EllaEdric 06:53 -IM SO UNEQUIPPED TO BE A MAN ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY.
FllMtl Novelist

Next

Return to General