An odd dream...

Talk about anything in here.

An odd dream...

Postby Heart of Sword » Sun Jul 24, 2005 10:18 am

There was a white wolf beckoning me to come into the woods. I followed him, and he was running just ahead of me, and we were moving almost in slow-motion. But people were calling to me, trying to get me to come back. He was moving like...well, that black shadow rabbit in Watership Down. Really ghostlike and almost floating, and he was bounding rather than running. I think his right ear was pierced.

Then a few nights ago, I had a dream about climbing out my window barefoot and there were wolves on my porch waiting for me. Then I just woke up.

Any takers on trying to figure this out? :P
Heart of Sword's Rhapsody

Money, get away
Get a good job with good pay and you're okay
And all and all you're just another brick in the wall
Shoutin’ in the street gonna take on the world some day
But Bismallah will not let me go
Because I'll see you on the dark side of the moon

Tommy used to work on the docks
Union's been on strike
Bright eyes burning like fire
And exposing every weakness
However carefully hidden by the kids

Who will love a little Sparrow
Who's traveled far and cries for rest
Spare him his life from this monstrosity

I've seen a million faces and I've rocked them all
And if the band youre in starts playing different tunes
We will we will rock you
We will we will rock you!

[Pink Floyd fan listening to Queen and hugging trees which is also known as taking care of God's creation with a pair of headphones on listening to Nightwish as loud as possible while writing a novel on a computer in the middle of a field filled with Wolves.]

[Bassist...finally learning Money]
Heart of Sword

Postby Nate » Sun Jul 24, 2005 10:58 am

As many people have said better than me on other threads scattered about, dreams don't necessarily mean anything.

A dream is your brain thinking while you're asleep, and for that reason almost anything could have contributed.

In fact, you specifically mentioned a movie title. Did you watch that movie recently? If so, that's probably the reason why you dreamed that. You make it no secret that you really like wolves, so it's not surprising you would dream about them.

Dreams can be influenced by what you've read, what you've seen on TV, or even what you ate for dinner, and trying to figure out any kind of deep meaning from them seems to be pointless.

Please note, I am not denying the fact that God can use dreams (and in fact did several times in the Bible), just that a weird dream you can't figure out doesn't necessarily have a deeper meaning.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Heart of Sword » Sun Jul 24, 2005 11:41 am

I hadn't watched Watership Down in at least a few months...though the sequence Bright Eyes kinda fascinates me.

Money, get away

Union's been on strike

We will we will rock you

[Pink Floyd fan listening to Queen and hugging trees which is also known as taking care of God's creation with a pair of headphones on listening to Nightwish as loud as possible while writing a novel on a computer in the middle of a field filled with Wolves.]

Heart of Sword

Postby mitsuki lover » Sun Jul 24, 2005 1:02 pm

I think it interesting that in both dreams wolves are the main subject.
mitsuki lover

Postby Heart of Sword » Sun Jul 24, 2005 1:51 pm

They usually are...:lol:

Money, get away

Union's been on strike

We will we will rock you

Heart of Sword

Postby c.t.,girl » Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:07 am

dairy products(ALL KINDS) is something that will cause weird dreams. learned that in my phys. ed. class back in high school. even did a test on that. every time i would eat or drink something with a form of milk in it...i'd have either a nightmare or just a trippy dream in general. @_@ SO WEIRD...

but i dunno if your dreams you posted mean anything...like nate already said...we dream mostly cuz our brains are taking everything you've seen throughout either your life or the day and is just processing it. even just remembering something/someone could cause you to dream about it/them.

but if you're looking for someone to try to interpret it? i dunno...maybe you're feeling overwhelmed in life right now and you just want an escape to the wild? i dunno. lol
[color="DarkOrange"]"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things... hey... the good things don't always soften the bad things; but vice-versa the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant." -11th Doctor

"The advice I like to give young artists, or really anybody who’ll listen to me, is not to wait around for inspiration. Inspiration is for amateurs; the rest of us just show up and get to work. If you wait around for the clouds to part and a bolt of lightning to strike you in the brain, you are not going to make an awful lot of work. All the best ideas come out of the process; they come out of the work itself. Things occur to you. If you’re sitting around trying to dream up a great art idea, you can sit there a long time before anything happens. But if you just get to work, something will occur to you and something else will occur to you and something else that you reject will push you in another direction. Inspiration is absolutely unnecessary and somehow deceptive. You feel like you need this great idea before you can get down to work, and I find that’s almost never the case." - Chuck Close[/color]
c.t.,girl

Postby Yuki-Anne » Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:26 am

I haven't watched Watership Down since I was but a wee lass.

Now I want to drink, like, a full gallon of milk just to test that.
New and improved Yuki-Anne: now with blog: http://anneinjapan.blog.com
Yuki-Anne

Postby c.t.,girl » Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:29 am

rofl you'll puke if you drink a full gallon of milk, but a glass of the stuff will do just fine. ice cream will also give the same effect.
[color="DarkOrange"]"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things... hey... the good things don't always soften the bad things; but vice-versa the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant." -11th Doctor

"The advice I like to give young artists, or really anybody who’ll listen to me, is not to wait around for inspiration. Inspiration is for amateurs; the rest of us just show up and get to work. If you wait around for the clouds to part and a bolt of lightning to strike you in the brain, you are not going to make an awful lot of work. All the best ideas come out of the process; they come out of the work itself. Things occur to you. If you’re sitting around trying to dream up a great art idea, you can sit there a long time before anything happens. But if you just get to work, something will occur to you and something else will occur to you and something else that you reject will push you in another direction. Inspiration is absolutely unnecessary and somehow deceptive. You feel like you need this great idea before you can get down to work, and I find that’s almost never the case." - Chuck Close[/color]
c.t.,girl

Postby Ante Bellum » Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:24 am

*checks post dates*
You...might be late. Just a little.
Ante Bellum

Postby Beau Soir » Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:25 am

Not to interupt the whole interesting dairy-products-before-bed thing, but this thread is from 2005. Little bit of gravedigging there...

Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within.
--James Arthur Baldwin

Charm is deceptive, beauty is fleeting,
but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.

(Proverbs 31:30)

Beau Soir

Postby ShiroiHikari » Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:29 am

Yeah I saw this thread was by Heart of Sword and I was like "What the--?"
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Yuki-Anne » Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:43 am

What the...?! Who even does that?! Why would you gravedig a thread like this?
New and improved Yuki-Anne: now with blog: http://anneinjapan.blog.com
Yuki-Anne

Postby Sapphire225 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:57 am

Well, in Psychology, I learned that dreams may be a vision of one's subconscience/unconscience. So maybe, you might just have an affinity for wolves...or maybe it was something you ate.
"Because the World isn't as cruel as you take it to be." ~ Celty, Durarara!!

Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."
~Deuteronomy 31:6

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We live in a fantasy world, a world of illusion. The great task in life is to find reality. ~ Iris Murdoch
Sapphire225

Postby c.t.,girl » Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:24 pm

o_o WHOA...IT...IT WAS ON THE CAA FRONT PAGE THOUGH...I DIDN'T EVEN DIG...IT WAS JUST...RIGHT THERE...OMG...WOW...;n; i'm so sorry for this crime...

c.t.,girl

Postby ADXC » Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:30 pm

Wow, major grave dig. It's about 5 years old. Good work! XD
ADXC

Postby Yamamaya » Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:25 pm

At first I thought this thread was new, but then I saw mitsuki................
Yamamaya

Postby goldenspines » Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:26 pm

And since it is five years old, I'll give this a lock so people don't get confused. ^_^
goldenspines

Return to General