What Kind of School Do You Do?

Talk about anything in here.

Postby mechana2015 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:18 pm

...If that's the case my high school may have been doing BETTER. I only remember 2 pregnancies over 4 years among 2,000 students, all of who were grades 9-12.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby Nate » Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:21 pm

I may have a bad memory or perhaps I just wasn't that social so I never heard gossip but I don't remember a single girl getting pregnant during my entire public schooling.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby blkmage » Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:33 pm

I went to a terrible public high school and my life was fine. Even in a bad school, there will be good people there. There were a fair amount of really bright students who were overachievers and there were a number of really good teachers. I didn't find it was to my disadvantage at all once I went on to university.

It depends on the person, obviously, but for someone's who driven and is ambitious, I don't think the quality of schooling before university really matters all that much.
blkmage

Postby Sheenar » Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:38 pm

We had a good number of girls drop out my senior year due to getting pregnant --out of a high school campus of 1000 students, around 30 plus. Lots of drug usage as well --kids would come on my bus on occasion smelling like weed.

But I don't feel like public school really harmed me much. I wasn't all that shocked at the things I found at my state university b/c they were pretty much the same as in high school (drug usage, sex, partying, etc.) But I will say that university is so much better --people don't care what "group" you belong to and if they like you, they like you for being you for the most part. They are also not quite so immature in regard to how they act toward people with disabilities --I've run into a couple, but they are not the majority unlike when I was in middle/high school.
"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

"Since the creation of the Internet, the Earth's rotation has been fueled, primarily, by the collective spinning of English teachers in their graves."
Sheenar

Postby firestorm » Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:43 pm

Cognitive Gear (post: 1461382) wrote:As someone whose entire network of friends and relatives went to a private Christian school, I can safely say that it does not. In my specific case, the statistics are actually slightly skewed towards the Christian school being worse once you start adding in the post-high school issues.

As someone who had a horrible experience in a private Christian school I second this opinion, and add that It's either the same or worse than public school. Though I will say that people did things in the class in that private school, that can't be talked about here.

Also there is no fourth option for those of us who has had a mixture of both private school and public school, or all three. I was in public school from kindergarten to about 3rd grade, then homeschooled in 4th then, in a private school from 5th-9th then back to public for the last three years of highschool.
Come check my facebook fan page here If you want to see some great photography and art!

I am currently on my 4th draft of the script for Canvas! Canvas is a watercolor animated short about how everything declares of a Creator and how everything happens for a reason. If anyone would like to help by sending me resources on watercolor or animation it would be greatly appreciated!

I am also on my 1st draft of a short live-action Romcom called "Behind Every Good Man! Behind Every Good Man is about a Bride-to-be, Evelyn, who must stop her Mother-in-Law, Pamela, from living her dream wedding through Evelyn's. Along the way she learns what it means to be a Woman of Integrity today! If anyone wants to help let me know!

Location: Lovin the Miami Heat. And I ain't talking about the basketball team :3

Postby Atria35 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:44 pm

I remember out of 3,000 students, we had 2 pregnancies the entire time I was there. Not too shabby.

But college is better. Sheenar has it- they tend to be more accepting and mature. Even so, I had the most awesome friends in HS.
Atria35

Postby Cloud500 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:06 pm

I never knew for sure if anyone got pregnant while I was in high school. There were rumors that someone became pregnant after I left the public school and someone might have been before I came to the private school.
Cloud500

Postby FllMtl Novelist » Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:50 pm

Yuki-Anne (post: 1461300) wrote:Unless you're homeschooled, in which case all that homework makes it so you're around your family all the time and never see anybody else.

YES. D:
Hats wrote:"Frodo! Cast off your [s]sins[/s] into the fire!"

EllaEdric 06:53 -IM SO UNEQUIPPED TO BE A MAN ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY.
FllMtl Novelist

Previous

Return to General