Purity

Talk about anything in here.

Postby ShiroiHikari » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:30 pm

Mr. SmartyPants (post: 1460942) wrote:Purity is not what you do or not do with your body. Purity is where your heart wills just one thing.

For us, I believe that is willing God. Embodying love.

fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:42 pm

ShiroiHikari (post: 1460951) wrote:Image

Heh. Well all I mean is that it's an attitude. Not what we do.

I'm just trying to be pitifully poetic, I suppose.
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Yuki-Anne » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:14 pm

ShiroiHikari (post: 1460951) wrote:Image

I'm quoting this because it's so funny it should be on this page AT LEAST three times.
New and improved Yuki-Anne: now with blog: http://anneinjapan.blog.com
Yuki-Anne

Postby aliveinHim » Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:20 am

I have noticed there's a bit more nudity in manga than anime. When I watched the earlier Naruto episodes, his body was mostly covered by clouds in his sexy no jutsu, but in the manga, you can almost see everything.

I've watched some of Ai Yori Aoshi. I was shocked when I first watched it to see Aoi naked in the opening theme. I'm a girl watching it so it's not as much of a shock to me than a guy who would be watching it. Seriously, who lives like that in the real world?
"And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins, in which you once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience, among whom also we all once conducted ourselves in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, just as the others.
But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, that in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us in Christ Jesus." Ephesians 2:1-7

http://oribichan94.deviantart.com/
aliveinHim

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:28 am

aliveinHim (post: 1460977) wrote:I have noticed there's a bit more nudity in manga than anime. When I watched the earlier Naruto episodes, his body was mostly covered by clouds in his sexy no jutsu, but in the manga, you can almost see everything.

I've watched some of Ai Yori Aoshi. I was shocked when I first watched it to see Aoi naked in the opening theme. I'm a girl watching it so it's not as much of a shock to me than a guy who would be watching it. Seriously, who lives like that in the real world?

Japan wants us to think that girls run around with their clothes falling off. Or the US imports that stuff because they know they have an instant male market XD

I don't now why people bother hating or loving the Duggers... Wow they have 20 kids. Whoopee, good for them and what not.
Shao Feng-Li

Postby bkilbour » Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:45 am

hm.... the problem always lies with "sex feels good."

so.... the people who, for the most part disagree with AliveinHim on all this stuff are doing it because they want to get that high. Pure and simple.

Those who say kissing/platonic affection (no, not pederasty, just hugging and whatnot)
is okay are those who enjoy that sort of thing, but draw a line.

Those who agree with AliveinHim are of the same sort as herself.

The first viewpoint is wrong, because fornication is wrong. the second viewpoint is fine, given the individual has enough self-control to enforce said limits (like keeping yourself to a limit when you're out drinking, be careful that the more you have, the more you'll want). The third? Well, AliveinHim, I gotta hand it to ya that you're probably gonna need a lot of patience, but in the end it'll be either totally worth it or a big mixed bag.
Personally, I'm just not doing anything with anyone, not even going out on a date, until God shows me and gives the green light. Until then, I'm cool spending my time with Him.
Hebrews 12
John 14
Matthew 6
Psalm 119
May God be glorified!
bkilbour

Postby Radical Dreamer » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:02 am

bkilbour (post: 1461011) wrote:hm.... the problem always lies with "sex feels good."

so.... the people who, for the most part disagree with AliveinHim on all this stuff are doing it because they want to get that high. Pure and simple.

Those who say kissing/platonic affection (no, not pederasty, just hugging and whatnot)

I just want to caution you not to make these sorts of sweeping generalizations. Just because someone doesn't have a problem with kissing before marriage and doesn't want their dating relationship to be ruled by anyone other than God and themselves doesn't mean they're loose or easy (as you seem to be suggesting by saying they're just trying to get a "high"). And just because someone doesn't want to kiss before marriage doesn't mean they don't think sex is enjoyable (quite the opposite, I'm sure). Sweeping generalizations just never really work out the way you think they will, so avoiding them altogether is good. XD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby aliveinHim » Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:34 am

bkilbour (post: 1461011) wrote:hm.... the problem always lies with "sex feels good."

The first viewpoint is wrong, because fornication is wrong. the second viewpoint is fine, given the individual has enough self-control to enforce said limits (like keeping yourself to a limit when you're out drinking, be careful that the more you have, the more you'll want). The third? Well, AliveinHim, I gotta hand it to ya that you're probably gonna need a lot of patience, but in the end it'll be either totally worth it or a big mixed bag.
Personally, I'm just not doing anything with anyone, not even going out on a date, until God shows me and gives the green light. Until then, I'm cool spending my time with Him.

I'm still young so I don't know when God will put the special guy in my life. Waiting for the guy is really hard. I often think that there won't be a guy who meets my standards.
"And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins, in which you once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience, among whom also we all once conducted ourselves in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, just as the others.
But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, that in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us in Christ Jesus." Ephesians 2:1-7

aliveinHim

Postby ShiroiHikari » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:27 am

The first viewpoint is wrong, because fornication is wrong.

Sex...feels good? NO WAY MAN.

Seriously, of course it feels good. It's the reproductive act. If it didn't feel good nobody would ever do it. And just because you want that feeling doesn't mean you are a fornicator. Newsflash: 99% of human beings want sex. That's how God made us.

Yes, fornicating is bad for a lot of reasons, but I don't think "it feels good" is one of them. So please, don't demonize sexual pleasure because it is not evil in and of itself.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby aliveinHim » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:33 am

God created sex to be beautiful and good. When it's taken in the way that God didn't intend it, it becomes evil. Several of the Gnostic early church fathers believed sex was evil (Origen, Clement of Alexandria, etc) because of reading Neo-Platonism into Scripture.

aliveinHim

Postby Hansha » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:53 am

Shao Feng-Li (post: 1461008) wrote:Japan wants us to think that girls run around with their clothes falling off. Or the US imports that stuff because they know they have an instant male market XD

I don't now why people bother hating or loving the Duggers... Wow they have 20 kids. Whoopee, good for them and what not.

I don't think it's the number of kids, its the ideas of the Quiverful sect that are in question.
" The light shines in the darkness and the darkness has not overcome it." John 1:5
Hansha

Postby aliveinHim » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:01 am

^True.

aliveinHim

Postby Seto_Sora » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:11 am

This is getting too confused for me. Lets simplify.
1. Sex outside of marriage is sinful. Why? Because scriptures says so.
2. The Bible does not lay out a Biblical means of going about a relationship
3. Scripture gives us freedom in these undefined areas under the guidance of our conscience
4. Scripture tells us to respect our brother/sister's conscience and not lead him/her to sin

Solution: Act with dignity and respect as would respect the other person in the relationship. We can look down our noses at all those sinners out there who do otherwise. But will this accomplish or change anything? No, not unless we proclaim the gospel and, even in this, only The Holy Spirit changes the heart. So where can we make a difference? In the lives we as individuals touch. This means, quite simply, if you are ever pursuing, gentlemen, a lady, respect her boundaries. if she wants to court and you don't, well, dude, seriously think of her first and court/don't kiss/don't hug. Respect her and show her the love you ought as a possible spouse-to-be (a relationship is act of servitude first to God then to the other person). Ladies, do likewise. There are women out there who do push men to do things wrong too. So what am I saying? Need I simplify? If you're getting romantically involved, you can make the difference by respecting the other person. Remember, every relationship is to point our eyes to Christ! ^_^

SDG
This

Seto_Sora

Postby mechana2015 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:12 am

Hansha (post: 1461032) wrote:I don't think it's the number of kids, its the ideas of the Quiverful sect that are in question.

The idea that they will still refuse to use birth control when the last kid they had nearly killed the mom (and if she gets pregnant again the situation will be worse) is what irks me. Willfully acting in a way that could orphan 20 kids isn't something I see as good.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby Seto_Sora » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:12 am

Some how I just don't feel that last post was as clear as I wanted it... well, whatever. ^_^

SDG
This

Seto_Sora

Postby TGJesusfreak » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:20 am

aliveinHim (post: 1460361) wrote:This is a conversation that I've had with so many people. In the homeschool community, this is a never ending conversation. I've made myself my list.

1.) My first kiss will be on my wedding day.
2.) No sexual intercourse until after I'm married.
3.) I will only court, no recreational dating.
4.) I will not move in with a boyfriend until we're married.

I wear a purity ring to remind myself. I know that God has the special guy planned for me. I have my list of qualities I want in a guy.

1.) He must love God first and foremost.
2.) He must love me.
3.) He must love our family.
4.) He must love the church.
5.) He can be an otaku :dizzy:.

What do you all think?

I side with all of these. Except number 1 on your first list. It's fine and all, but I dont think there's anything wrong with kissing someone before your wedding day (i dont think you think that btw XD). Making out though... that's WAY pushing it for me. It's not something I'd ever do.

As for the second list, the girl I love has all of the above. XD Including the Otaku part. XD

That's really awesome! :thumb:

EDIT:

This is getting too confused for me. Lets simplify.
1. Sex outside of marriage is sinful. Why? Because scriptures says so.
2. The Bible does not lay out a Biblical means of going about a relationship
3. Scripture gives us freedom in these undefined areas under the guidance of our conscience
4. Scripture tells us to respect our brother/sister's conscience and not lead him/her to sin

Solution: Act with dignity and respect as would respect the other person in the relationship. We can look down our noses at all those sinners out there who do otherwise. But will this accomplish or change anything? No, not unless we proclaim the gospel and, even in this, only The Holy Spirit changes the heart. So where can we make a difference? In the lives we as individuals touch. This means, quite simply, if you are ever pursuing, gentlemen, a lady, respect her boundaries. if she wants to court and you don't, well, dude, seriously think of her first and court/don't kiss/don't hug. Respect her and show her the love you ought as a possible spouse-to-be (a relationship is act of servitude first to God then to the other person). Ladies, do likewise. There are women out there who do push men to do things wrong too. So what am I saying? Need I simplify? If you're getting romantically involved, you can make the difference by respecting the other person. Remember, every relationship is to point our eyes to Christ! ^_^

SDG

I agree with this wholeheartedly.
TGJesusfreak

Location: USA... Earth... the milky way galaxy... the universe...

Postby Nate » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:21 am

aliveinHim wrote:I have noticed there's a bit more nudity in manga than anime.

Broadcast standards. Anime aired on TV has to fit broadcast standards, and while there's some leniency (butts are totally fine) you can't show detailed nudity, which is why some anime has the "Barbie doll" nudity where there's no details. However, manga doesn't have the same kind of restrictions that TV does and so you can make it more detailed.
Hansha wrote:I don't think it's the number of kids, its the ideas of the Quiverful sect that are in question.

Yep. The Duggars can have as many kids as they want, that doesn't bother me at all, it's their beliefs that I can't stand and make me angry.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby animefanatic777 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:22 am

aliveinHim (post: 1461018) wrote:I'm still young so I don't know when God will put the special guy in my life. Waiting for the guy is really hard. I often think that there won't be a guy who meets my standards.

Well, I dunno how old you are(And that's not me asking) but chances are, you'll find a guy just perfect for you. It is hard. That's what I'm doing now lol I know I could easily pick up a girlfriend. Not because the girls I find are easy, just because of my personality, girls tend to think they're in love with me =/

And I used to abuse it. Not so much anymore, old habits die hard though. Not saying I was using them, because I'd end up thinking I loved them to. Empathy is a powerful tool. And can really suck when you dunno how to use it correctly lol But like you, I am waiting. Waiting till I get my life in order before I let another girl in my life. And it's SOOOPER hard lol So I get'cha.

There's always a guy out there who will meet your standards, it just depends if you meet'im or not. God may have a different guy in plan for you though, we dunno lol You seem like the type of person who is meant to have someone. So I'll have faith that there's someone out there for you :3 I'll pray for you to!

In any sense, kind of responding to some of the other things being said, sex is a beauitful thing. God made it! Seriously, He made it because it truly is an awesome act :3 And yes, it does feel good (Not speaking from experience, but it's one of those basic things in life, kinda like... 'Mold doesn't taste good. Why? Well, because it's decaying bacteria, that's why!'... Unless it's cheese. Then it becomes blue cheese... Or milk... Which becomes cottage che- Y'KNOW WHAT. Forget it! lol) and God(Odd as it sounds) Can be invited in to the room with you as you perform that act with your wife/husband. He'd be more then glad to see it, weird enough lol

But doing it outside of marriage... Well... That's a toughy... It's of course, wrong. Yes, I know that fer shizzles. But it's also like, once you do it, God considers you married. You don't need to have a big 'Ol ceremony to prove your marriage. You just need you, your hubby/wifey, and some other guy(Preferably someone close to you.) to see that the marriage is all OK and clean, and right in Gods eyes. It's a complicated thing =/ And then there's the spiritual attachment. Ooooooh, that complicated attachment! Paul even states he's mystified by it, so that's saying something. Though, I've seen what it can do, it's powerful when not in a marriage <.<;

So... Uhh... In short... Don't do drugs. Have sex AFTER marriage... And uhhh... Love God. Yeppity yep yep :3
Christianity + Anime = Christianime. 'Nuff said, ja?

Phoenix Wright: "Stay down... This seems suspicious... I wonder who this guy is..."

Professor Layton: "Hmm... Why, this reminds me of a puzzle!"

Phoenix: "Wait, wha-!? Is this really the ti-!"

Maya: " Oh Nick, don't be such a fuddy duddy! Try out a puzzle! C'mon Professor, give him your best shot! Nick'll solve anything you've got!"

Luke: " Yes! The Professor only gives easy ones anyway. I am sure you won't have any issues!"

Phoenix: "OK... I guess, but don't you think-"

Maya: "Shh! Listen Nick! You'll miss something important like you usually do!"

Layton: "-Insert some insane puzzle/riddle thing-"

Phoenix: "..."

Everyone stares. Maya get's uncomfortably close.

Phoenix: "... Oh look! He's gone in to the castle, let's go after him and investigate! -Runs off-"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJpjP67sYb8&p=CA5E91BA2858442A&index=9&playnext=1
animefanatic777

Postby ShiroiHikari » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:25 am

mechana2015 (post: 1461046) wrote:The idea that they will still refuse to use birth control when the last kid they had nearly killed the mom (and if she gets pregnant again the situation will be worse) is what irks me. Willfully acting in a way that could orphan 20 kids isn't something I see as good.

Seriously. That irritates me. "Oh let's keep having all these kids! Birth control isn't allowed!" But putting the mom at risk is okay? What if she dies? What about her life? What about all those little kids she'd be leaving behind? They'd probably just say "OH WELL THAT'S GOD'S WILL." I call BS on that kind of thinking.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Seto_Sora » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:29 am

aliveinHim (post: 1460361) wrote:This is a conversation that I've had with so many people. In the homeschool community, this is a never ending conversation. I've made myself my list.

1.) My first kiss will be on my wedding day.
2.) No sexual intercourse until after I'm married.
3.) I will only court, no recreational dating.
4.) I will not move in with a boyfriend until we're married.

I wear a purity ring to remind myself. I know that God has the special guy planned for me. I have my list of qualities I want in a guy.

1.) He must love God first and foremost.
2.) He must love me.
3.) He must love our family.
4.) He must love the church.
5.) He can be an otaku :dizzy:.

What do you all think?

Heh! O.o this is what i get when I cut corners... I didn't read the first post until TG commented on it. :/ Anyway, I actually agree with all these qualifications too! ^_^ Except meybe listed number three, mostly because of my past experiences. I don't want to court if I can help it. LOL I mean, if that is what the woman I am destined to marry wants, I'm not going to argue too much, but courtship won't be my vehicle of building a relationship anymore.
Although I'd have to say for the second list, I would probably clarify the first point to be more detailed. Namely, the woman I wed HAS to have Christ first in her life and our relationship. I would say it like this, she must love Christ first even before she loves me... otherwise she will never truly love me. and vise versa. And then she must love me... of course. And it would be nice if she loved my family but I have preminissions if she does not. And, yeah, Church... I would replace with her agreeing doctrinally. It would be kinda important that she holds to some of the same core doctrines I do. I don't mean like eschatology, but say, on a very basic level, she would have to agree with the basic doctrine of repentance. And the last point, have no idea what that is. heh. LOL

SDG
This

Seto_Sora

Postby Seto_Sora » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:42 am

ShiroiHikari (post: 1461060) wrote:Seriously. That irritates me. "Oh let's keep having all these kids! Birth control isn't allowed!" But putting the mom at risk is okay? What if she dies? What about her life? What about all those little kids she'd be leaving behind? They'd probably just say "OH WELL THAT'S GOD'S WILL." I call BS on that kind of thinking.

whoa whoa whoa! don't call BS on that thinking just because... uhm, stupid things are done. if she dies, it was infact God's Will. Just like if a guy is walking on the wrong side of the railing at the Grand Canyon and falls off, it was God's Will that he died that way. It was still his fault and he was a complete idiot, but that doesn't negate that God's will was done. It was his time to go.
Now I don't necessarily agree with all that about the Duggers. I really haven't had time to think about birthcontrol. Honestly, I'm saving my opinions for my spouse-to-be's input. If she is all out against birth control, I'm not going to force her. And if she is against no birth control... I'm not going to force the issue. But that doesn't leave me to point my finger at the Duggers and say they need to do it better. No, instead, I need to respect their conscience on the issue and trust the Lord to work in their hearts and loves according to His good will. That meybe to change their ideas about birth control, or it meybe that the Lord does not allow for them to have children, or it meybe that the Lord does take her life in child birth. In the end, it all brings glory to God and we have reason to praise Him. So, in my opinion, I'll let their decision be their decision and praise God, not call BS.
However, I do think they did one thing wrong. They should not be broadcasting their lives on TV. There is something to be said about exploiting one's family like that.

SDG
This

Seto_Sora

Postby Cognitive Gear » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:53 am

PatrickEklektos (post: 1461065) wrote:whoa whoa whoa! don't call BS on that thinking just because... uhm, stupid things are done. if she dies, it was infact God's Will. Just like if a guy is walking on the wrong side of the railing at the Grand Canyon and falls off, it was God's Will that he died that way. It was still his fault and he was a complete idiot, but that doesn't negate that God's will was done. It was his time to go.

Personally I think that it would be more accurate to say that it is God's will that humans face the consequences of their actions. Does this mean that God wants us to do stupid things so that we may suffer and die? No. It just means that He is allowing us to experience free will to it's fullest extent.
[font="Tahoma"][SIZE="2"]"It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things."

-Terry Pratchett[/SIZE][/font]
Cognitive Gear

Postby Nate » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:56 am

PatrickEklektos wrote:whoa whoa whoa! don't call BS on that thinking just because... uhm, stupid things are done. if she dies, it was infact God's Will. Just like if a guy is walking on the wrong side of the railing at the Grand Canyon and falls off, it was God's Will that he died that way. It was still his fault and he was a complete idiot, but that doesn't negate that God's will was done. It was his time to go.

Sorry, I'm gonna go flat out and say it's stupid and BS. Because otherwise I can justify doing anything by that logic.

It doesn't matter if my kid goes out and plays in traffic! I won't tell him not to do it or stop him because if he dies, it's just God's will. It doesn't matter if I drive drunk because hey, if I die, it's just God's will! That kind of thinking can lead to doing any stupid ridiculous thing just because it's "God's will." God gave us brains. We're supposed to use our brains. If something is dangerous, He gave us the good sense to NOT do that thing. You'd think that, but then you have people who just use the "God's will" line to justify doing something stupid and dangerous.

To be fair, while I'm fine with birth control, I know Christian denominations who think it's sinful. I disagree, but I don't feel like debating it. They're welcome to their opinions. However, the Duggars' thing goes beyond just "birth control is bad" and that's why I can't stand them and think they're terrible people.
No, instead, I need to respect their conscience on the issue and trust the Lord to work in their hearts and loves according to His good will.

That's just perpetuating oppression and evil. I could say the same thing about oh, let's go with slavery. "I need to respect slaveowners' conscience on the issue and trust the Lord to work in their hearts." NO. I need to help slaves escape their masters and work for equality for all races. Sitting there going "I should respect them abusing and mistreating human beings" is NOT CHRISTIAN.

And yeah, the fact that they're exploiting themselves on TV for money is even more sickening. :/

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby ShiroiHikari » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:57 am

Cognitive Gear (post: 1461068) wrote:Personally I think that it would be more accurate to say that it is God's will that humans face the consequences of their actions. Does this mean that God wants us to do stupid things so that we may suffer and die? No. It just means that He is allowing us to experience free will to it's fullest extent.

You read my mind! How did you do that?
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Seto_Sora » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:57 am

Cognitive Gear (post: 1461068) wrote:Personally I think that it would be more accurate to say that it is God's will that humans face the consequences of their actions. Does this mean that God wants us to do stupid things so that we may suffer and die? No. It just means that He is allowing us to experience free will to it's fullest extent.

Heh, Well, I won't go there. ^_^ But my point was that we shouldn't call BS on God's Will. Its impossible to argue that if someone is dead, it wasn't God's Will. If they are dead they are dead and, in the long run no matter how you look at it, it was God's Will. I'm just saying, lets us be careful in respect to our Lord. Lets just take a second and look away from the Duggers and instead focus on Christ. Lets us just reverence Him and carefully choose our words not to dishonour Him. eh? Fair enough?

SDG
This

Seto_Sora

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:01 pm

mechana2015 (post: 1461046) wrote:The idea that they will still refuse to use birth control when the last kid they had nearly killed the mom (and if she gets pregnant again the situation will be worse) is what irks me. Willfully acting in a way that could orphan 20 kids isn't something I see as good.

Yeah, if she passed away there would be no one at all to help the dad take care of them, because there's no dad and all 20 of them are apparently toddlers and can't help each other :P

It seems Mrs. Duggar loves having children and they both want this. Yeah, having kids is risky and all, but she is gonna hit menopause before too long anyway and not be able to have children. She's 44- so that kinda takes away any risks in the near future. Just saying, her last risk could've happened with any kid- it wasn't do to how many she's had. According to wikipedia (I'm aware that it's not exactly a medical journal or what have you), the condition she had is most common for first time pregnancies.

Not saying that I believe in everything they do and believe, but I'm just trying to look at it objectively.

(For the record, I don't believe in birth control either- but most people simply don't have that many kids.)

Heh, I think we're getting off subject.
Shao Feng-Li

Postby mechana2015 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:03 pm

PatrickEklektos (post: 1461065) wrote:whoa whoa whoa! don't call BS on that thinking just because... uhm, stupid things are done. if she dies, it was infact God's Will. Just like if a guy is walking on the wrong side of the railing at the Grand Canyon and falls off, it was God's Will that he died that way. It was still his fault and he was a complete idiot, but that doesn't negate that God's will was done. It was his time to go.

It's actually closer to a husband telling his wife to go walk outside the railing while she has a medically recognized balance issue. This isn't just being stupid, this is knowingly harming someone with full knowledge of the consequences, and disregarding the 20 younger people that will also be harmed, all for a misogynistic family model centered around not being able to say no, for health reasons or otherwise. We as a society attempt to prevent suicides, why shouldn't we say anything about this?

Shao Feng-Li (post: 1461075) wrote:Yeah, if she passed away there would be no one at all to help the dad take care of them, because all 20 of them are apparently toddlers and can't help each other.

I think you're underestimating the psychological importance of having a mother, especially in a family group like this. Sure the older kids can take care of the younger ones, but it just seems... really irresponsible to keep pushing until someone breaks in a relationship, physically or mentally, and it's a horrible example as to how life should be lived for all those kids.

Shao Feng-Li (post: 1461075) wrote:It seems Mrs. Duggar loves having children and they both want this. Yeah, having kids is risky and all, but she is gonna hit menopause before too long anyway and not be able to have children. She's 44- so that kinda takes away any risks in the near future. Just saying, her last risk could've happened with any kid- it wasn't do to how many she's had. According to wikipedia (I'm aware that it's not exactly a medical journal or what have you), the condition she had is most common for first time pregnancies.

Not saying that I believe in everything they do and believe, but I'm just trying to look at it objectively.

If I recall correctly, each time you have a kid it pushes menopause off since women don't ovulate during pregnancy, but I'm not a doctor so don't quote that as set in stone fact. Regarding the condition she has, it is common in first time pregnancies, and usually once a couple has the kid the doctors suggest they think very hard before having another one due to the risk factors.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby Seto_Sora » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:06 pm

Nate (post: 1461069) wrote:Sorry, I'm gonna go flat out and say it's stupid and BS. Because otherwise I can justify doing anything by that logic.

It doesn't matter if my kid goes out and plays in traffic! I won't tell him not to do it or stop him because if he dies, it's just God's will. It doesn't matter if I drive drunk because hey, if I die, it's just God's will! That kind of thinking can lead to doing any stupid ridiculous thing just because it's "God's will." God gave us brains. We're supposed to use our brains. If something is dangerous, He gave us the good sense to NOT do that thing. You'd think that, but then you have people who just use the "God's will" line to justify doing something stupid and dangerous.

To be fair, while I'm fine with birth control, I know Christian denominations who think it's sinful. I disagree, but I don't feel like debating it. They're welcome to their opinions. However, the Duggars' thing goes beyond just "birth control is bad" and that's why I can't stand them and think they're terrible people.

That's just perpetuating oppression and evil. I could say the same thing about oh, let's go with slavery. "I need to respect slaveowners' conscience on the issue and trust the Lord to work in their hearts." NO. I need to help slaves escape their masters and work for equality for all races. Sitting there going "I should respect them abusing and mistreating human beings" is NOT CHRISTIAN.

And yeah, the fact that they're exploiting themselves on TV for money is even more sickening. :/

OK dude, I'm not disagreeing with you about using your head. I'm simply making a point of honouring our Lord. Call their logic and reasoning BS or stupid. Thats fine. don't call out BS on the Lord's Will. That's all I'm saying.
And about birth control, well, evil is defined by Scripture. It says nothing about birth control. So letting these people believe what they want about it, as long as its not the sin of taking human life (which is unBiblical), isn't perpetuating evil.
I don't get the compraison to slaver simply for this fact alone. Slavery (in America and Africa) was an abuse to the human being. Birthcontrol or the lack thereof is simply a decision one makes in one's own bedchamber when making love.
So here are the basic facts]their[/i] decision. We have no right telling them what they ought and ought not do in bed! I mean seriously, its really none of our business.
That aside, I don't really want to be made their champion or defender in what flaming up into in unneeded discussion. So lets just make peace. Lets just let it sit as it is and go back to the original subject, eh?

SDG
This

Seto_Sora

Postby TopazRaven » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:07 pm

I don't get it, what is so evil about birth control? Not everyone wants to have a thousand kids. I don't want to have any at all. I'd much rather adopt children in this world who are in need of a loving, stable home and family.
For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

NIV, Romans 8:38-39.
TopazRaven

Postby TGJesusfreak » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:09 pm

PatrickEklektos (post: 1461062) wrote:Except meybe listed number three, mostly because of my past experiences. I don't want to court if I can help it. LOL I mean, if that is what the woman I am destined to marry wants, I'm not going to argue too much, but courtship won't be my vehicle of building a relationship anymore.

Well actually dude. That highly depends on your definition of courting. idk what yours is. But mine is Dating with the intent of something more (AKA Marraige) so I guess dating and courting in MY mind are a bit interchangible XD;;

I also VERY strongly beleive in being friends with who you date/court first. You learn to respect boundries, you love eachother platonically first, and you learn what irritates you about your friend (then you can decide if you can put up with that for the rest of your life). I just think it's good because it keeps you from being blinded by love.
[SIZE="3"][color="MediumTurquoise"][color="DarkOrange"]EllaEdric's and I's collaberative youtube music channel[/color][/color][/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"][color="Navy"]TG's (me) youtube channel[/color][/SIZE]

[color="DeepSkyBlue"]"For we are God's workmanship created in Christ Jesus to do good works which God prepared in advance for us to do."[/color] Ephesians 2:10
[color="Red"]@)[/color][color="SeaGreen"]}~`,~[/color] Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.

Join MOES today!
TGJesusfreak

Location: USA... Earth... the milky way galaxy... the universe...

Previous Next

Return to General