Divorced?

Talk about anything in here.

Postby FllMtl Novelist » Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:48 pm

*mildly off-topic?*

My parents only call each other by their first names only like... fifty percent of the time? XD My dad hardly ever calls Mom by her first name, unless he's trying to get her attention. And Mom only calls Dad by his first name if she's calling him from across the room (or house). The rest of the time it's 'honey' or 'dear, which... now that I've noticed it, I cannot imagine doing with my spouse (should I have one someday). XD;
Hats wrote:"Frodo! Cast off your [s]sins[/s] into the fire!"

EllaEdric 06:53 -IM SO UNEQUIPPED TO BE A MAN ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY.
FllMtl Novelist

Postby aliveinHim » Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:50 pm

Ha, I see how hard it is for us kiddos to call our future spouses mommy or daddy.
"And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins, in which you once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience, among whom also we all once conducted ourselves in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, just as the others.
But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, that in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us in Christ Jesus." Ephesians 2:1-7

http://oribichan94.deviantart.com/
aliveinHim

Postby Nate » Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:58 pm

aliveinHim wrote:Ha, I see how hard it is for us kiddos to call our future spouses mommy or daddy.

...if my wife called me "daddy" then...holy crap. I mean that's just freaky. I'm into some freaky stuff but even I have my limits.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Sapphire225 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:09 pm

Nate (post: 1460785) wrote:...if my wife called me "daddy" then...holy crap. I mean that's just freaky. I'm into some freaky stuff but even I have my limits.

My parents sometimes do that. Sometimes, I hear my mom call my dad "Dad" and my dad call my mom "Mommy" or "Mommy." but usually my parents call them by their nicknames (which isn't much since both of my parents have two-syllable names).
"Because the World isn't as cruel as you take it to be." ~ Celty, Durarara!!

Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."
~Deuteronomy 31:6

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We live in a fantasy world, a world of illusion. The great task in life is to find reality. ~ Iris Murdoch
Sapphire225

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:56 pm

AliveinHim, I'm sorry but that's just weird and (in my mind) inappropriate. I most certainly would not call my non-existant wife - mommy. Ick.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby Yuki-Anne » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:02 am

I think they do that because that's what everybody else in the house is doing (a lot and very loudly... man, sometimes I don't know if I even want kids), and not because they have weird things going on.
New and improved Yuki-Anne: now with blog: http://anneinjapan.blog.com
Yuki-Anne

Postby ShiroiHikari » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:37 am

My husband and I call each other by pet names when nobody else is around, but when we're with other people we just use first names or perhaps "baby", since using our weird bizarro pet names in front of other people would just be...awkward.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Seto_Sora » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:46 am

heheh LOL! ROTFL!!! This is funny! ah! we are all so young! heh, the reason our parents call eachother "mommy, mom, mother/dad, daddy, father" is because of us! XD because they had us, we are their children and they are speaking, in one simple and lovely title, "I love you and thank you for bringing our children into the world"! Oh! Its so touching! So beautiful! So romantic!
But, still, I couldn't call my as yet unknown wife mother... not till we have kids! ^_^ But other pet names... heh, my girlfriend is going to get pet names before she knows it... it can't be helped. People I'm affectionate towards get one eventually. LOL

SDG
This

Seto_Sora

Postby FllMtl Novelist » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:36 pm

Come to think of it, my mom does (or did) call Dad "Daddy"... but only when referring to him while talking to use kids. i.e., "Daddy and I are going downtown." Dad usually just says "your mother". XD
Hats wrote:"Frodo! Cast off your [s]sins[/s] into the fire!"

EllaEdric 06:53 -IM SO UNEQUIPPED TO BE A MAN ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY.
FllMtl Novelist

Previous

Return to General