Will someone please defend Pokemon?

Talk about anything in here.

Postby TheMewster » Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:50 pm

Yuki-Anne (post: 1460487) wrote:Okay, the occult is real. I do think there are demonic forces. But you're not going to learn how to get into contact with them through Pokemon.

When I was a kid I thought Star Trek was real. This did not turn me into an alien. That's just the way kids are. The principle here should be realizing that kids have imagination, and they'll eventually grow up. Just teach them how to discern right from wrong and truth from lies, and Pokemon will not destroy their souls.

EXACTLY. :jump: THat's what I think. I dare say that Pokemon is just a kid's show. But the Anti-Pokemoners tend to speak out against Abra and Kadabra, saying their names are occultish and Kadabra has a pentagram on it's forehead (which I haven't noticed.) What do you guys think?
So the poor has hope, and injustice shuts her mouth. ~Job 5:16 WEB~
For you are my hope, Lord Yahweh; my confidence from my youth. ~Psalm 71:5 WEB~
TheMewster

Postby Davidizer13 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:53 pm

Peanut (post: 1460647) wrote:Don't forget that the guitar pick is really just a chip off of one of the devil's teeth.

Synthesizers produce their sounds by harnessing the wail of lost souls. True facts.
We are loved even though we suck.

Psalms 37:37 (NHEB)
Mark the perfect man, and see the upright, for there is a future for the man of peace.
Davidizer13

Postby mechana2015 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:55 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abracadabra <<< A history of the names. They mention Alakazam at the bottom of the page as well (it's something stage magicians made up). Kadabra has a right side up star on his forehead in all incarnations, not a pentagram which is an upside down star in a circle traditionally. http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Kadabra_(Pok%C3%A9mon)

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:56 pm

Wasn't the pentagram originally a Christian symbol anyways? The five wounds of Jesus, I think.
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Postby mechana2015 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:58 pm

Regardless, it's not a pentagram in pokemon...

Do youhave a direct link to the article you saw that started this thread Mewster? I'm still curious about it, and can't find Sherry the Republican through google.

My Deviantart
mechana2015

Postby Atria35 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:02 pm

I found it! You can't find it because it's because it's Shelley the Republican, not Sherry!

EDIT: And after reading some of this, I think they're being trolled or maybe trolls themelves. There's apparently a write-in about some person who smashed their kid's GameBoy in front of them, that their kid had saved up to buy, and the blogger calls them a warrior for Christ. That's sick in all sorts of ways.

EDIT (again): This person also claims that Jiggleypuff makes people go into drug-like states and perform sexual debauchery.

Total troll.
Atria35

Postby TheMewster » Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:04 pm

Sorry, my bad! Also, I agree. If the Holy Spirit DID tell them to do it, the kid probably had some personality factors that would make gaming bad for him, not demons from Pokemon. I just don't GET how a [color="Red"]GAME[/color] can cause demonic posession.
TheMewster

Postby ShiroiHikari » Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:07 pm

Atria35 (post: 1460743) wrote:There's apparently a write-in about some person who smashed their kid's GameBoy in front of them, that their kid had saved up to buy, and the blogger calls them a warrior for Christ. That's sick in all sorts of ways.

I hope to God that isn't true, but honestly, I wouldn't put it past some people. Destroying your kid's property! That's what Christ wants parents to do! </sarcasm>
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby TheMewster » Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:18 pm

ShiroiHikari (post: 1460746) wrote:I hope to God that isn't true, but honestly, I wouldn't put it past some people. Destroying your kid's property! That's what Christ wants parents to do! </sarcasm>

<sarcasm> Yep! So much for God's loving grace then, I guess. We need to get together and take a hammer to our Wiis and Gameboys! THEY'RE EBIL! :mutter: Not just evil, EBIL! </sarcasm>
TheMewster

Postby mechana2015 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:29 pm

Atria35 (post: 1460743) wrote:I found it! You can't find it because it's because it's Shelley the Republican, not Sherry!

EDIT: And after reading some of this, I think they're being trolled or maybe trolls themelves. There's apparently a write-in about some person who smashed their kid's GameBoy in front of them, that their kid had saved up to buy, and the blogger calls them a warrior for Christ. That's sick in all sorts of ways.

EDIT (again): This person also claims that Jiggleypuff makes people go into drug-like states and perform sexual debauchery.

Total troll.

http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/shelleytherepublican.com confirmed, site is listed as a humor/parody blog.

Darn poes law.

My Deviantart
mechana2015

Postby Rusty Claymore » Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:27 pm

[font="Lucida Console"]RSTYCLYMOR uses defend !
RSTYCLYMOR is defending .
ANTIPKMN uses tackle !
RSTYCLYMOR defends POKE MON !
... it's super effective ![/font]
Proverbs 31:32 "...when she watches anime, she keeps the room well lit and sits at a safe distance."
Rusty Claymore

Postby Yuki-Anne » Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:40 pm

A wild CULTURAL REFERENCE appears.
EXTREEMCHRSTN uses DEMON PROPAGANDA.
...it's not very effective.
New and improved Yuki-Anne: now with blog: http://anneinjapan.blog.com
Yuki-Anne

Postby Furen » Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:47 pm

Antipkmn?

I thought those were the things that ate pikmen...
And this I pray, that your love would abound still, more and more with real knowledge and all discernment. Be prepared to preach the gospel at a moment's notice. Do you know the gospel well enough to do so yourself? Be ready.
Furen

Postby TheMewster » Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:55 pm

CAAMEMBERS use randomness!

It's super effective!
TheMewster

Postby Atria35 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:02 pm

The good news is that particular site is a parody/comedy one. The bad new is that there are others just like it out there.
Atria35

Postby Diamond Dragon » Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:15 pm

Wow, this reminds me of two boys from another church saying that Pokemon is bad. I believed them for awhile, but when I started watching bits of the show and playing online versions of the games (I only have a PSP. *sniff*) I didn't see anything wrong with it.
(Pic made by Bio! <3)

DiamondDragon - the Sky pokemon
Ruling the skies on its thick wings, this Pokemon is feared by all flying beasts. Its twinkling wings change in the sunlight. Some people believe that this pokemon actually has diamonds that grow on its skin. Despite its intimidating size, it is an extremely friendly ally and a very dangerous enemy.
@)}~`,~
Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.
http://dragcave.net/view/JXKV4
Diamond Dragon

Postby TheMewster » Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:14 pm

Atria35 (post: 1461445) wrote:The good news is that particular site is a parody/comedy one. The bad new is that there are others just like it out there.

The REAL bad news is that the comedy ones are based on real Christians overreacting to kid's shows, Atria-chan. :comp: Anyway, Pokemon is okay for Christians who aren't too weak in their faith. And I should point out that in the Japanese versions of he Mewtwo movies, Mewtwo is upset because he wasn't created by God. Does this SOUND like 'promoting Darwinism' TO YOU?!?!
TheMewster

Postby rocklobster » Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:09 am

Yes, Atria, but these days people have a hard time differentiating truth on the Internet from fiction. The Onion is proof of that. Way back when the anti-Harry Potter atmosphere was in full swing, The Onion had an article that stated that Harry Potter was turning kids into witches. Know how many people thought that article was true even though even back then the Onion's rep as a parody was well-known? LOTS! :bang: I mean, doesn't the Onion even come out and say it's a parody site?
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Yuki-Anne » Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:20 pm

I always headdesk when someone links to the Onion on facebook and the old people take it seriously.
New and improved Yuki-Anne: now with blog: http://anneinjapan.blog.com
Yuki-Anne

Postby fermy6 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:51 am

If you not idollising it, and its not causing anyone to stumble, then I don't see the problem.....I personally love pokemon
If someone said 3 years from now
You'd be long gone
Id get up and punch their mouth
Cuz they're all wrong
I know better
Cuz you said forever
And ever
Who knew?
fermy6

Postby Diamond Dragon » Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:22 am

TheMewster (post: 1461636) wrote:The REAL bad news is that the comedy ones are based on real Christians overreacting to kid's shows, Atria-chan. :comp: Anyway, Pokemon is okay for Christians who aren't too weak in their faith. And I should point out that in the Japanese versions of he Mewtwo movies, Mewtwo is upset because he wasn't created by God. Does this SOUND like 'promoting Darwinism' TO YOU?!?!

Not at all. O_O
(Pic made by Bio! <3)

DiamondDragon - the Sky pokemon
Ruling the skies on its thick wings, this Pokemon is feared by all flying beasts. Its twinkling wings change in the sunlight. Some people believe that this pokemon actually has diamonds that grow on its skin. Despite its intimidating size, it is an extremely friendly ally and a very dangerous enemy.
@)}~`,~
Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks, To All The CAA Moderators.
http://dragcave.net/view/JXKV4
Diamond Dragon

Previous

Return to General