Random Acts of Kindness

Talk about anything in here.

Random Acts of Kindness

Postby Sapphire225 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:22 am

I was just thinking, last week was Random Acts of Kindness week, and although I didn't do a random act of kindness (or one I remember anyway) but did recieve one (a person helped carry my stuff to my aunt's car), I thought, why not point out good deeds done out of the blue?

This is pretty simple: Just list a random act of kindness you've probably done in the past if you can remember it. Then list a random act of kindness you were on the recieving end of.

1. On my way to my dorm room, I saw a girl who looked down. When I asked what was wrong, she told me she was out of money and needed bus fare to get home. I think she needed about 1.25. I gave her the change and when she thanked me despite not knowing me, I told her to think nothing of it and went to my room.

2. Although stated above, a little girl helped carry my labtop and bookbag back to my aunt's car when she noticed I had too much stuff to carry.
"Because the World isn't as cruel as you take it to be." ~ Celty, Durarara!!

Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."
~Deuteronomy 31:6

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We live in a fantasy world, a world of illusion. The great task in life is to find reality. ~ Iris Murdoch
Sapphire225

Postby TopazRaven » Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:48 am

Oh, this should be interesting.

1. Last year I went on a trip to Portland, Oregon with my dad. It was somewhat of a buisness trip for him you could say and he had meetings in the morning, so I just tended to stay in my hotel room, but I got really hungry one morning and decided to adventure the streets by myself a little and found a Rite Aid where are bought some poptarts. On my way back to the hotel a man stopped me and told me he'd just been evicted from his apartment and could I spare any change. I only had $1 left that I could really give him, but he thanked me none the less. I'd never seen so many poor people until I walked along Portland. There where so many I was shocked and upset, I ended up giving some money to several different people during my time there, which my father disapproved of, but oh well. Portland was fun, but it was hard seeing poor people on every street corner and not having enough money to give to all of them.

2. I remember once when I was young I was riding bikes with my friend at a park, her grandmother was babysitting us but we went by ourselves here. I fell off my back on the way down a steep hill and got pretty banged up. My friend didn't know what to do because I was crying my eyes out and bleeding all over the place, but she knew she had to run back to her grandmother's house so she could come and get me in the car. A lady jogging by saw what happened and stayed with me while my friend ran home and tried to comfort me. The local mailman drove by and saw me and also gave me a bunch of tissues because my nose was gushing out blood. I landed on my face after all. Lol. Thinking about it now I'm still really touched by the kindness of those people. I can't even remember if I thanked them.
For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

NIV, Romans 8:38-39.
TopazRaven

Postby Sapphire225 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:25 pm

TopazRaven (post: 1460316) wrote:Oh, this should be interesting.

1. Last year I went on a trip to Portland, Oregon with my dad. It was somewhat of a buisness trip for him you could say and he had meetings in the morning, so I just tended to stay in my hotel room, but I got really hungry one morning and decided to adventure the streets by myself a little and found a Rite Aid where are bought some poptarts. On my way back to the hotel a man stopped me and told me he'd just been evicted from his apartment and could I spare any change. I only had $1 left that I could really give him, but he thanked me none the less. I'd never seen so many poor people until I walked along Portland. There where so many I was shocked and upset, I ended up giving some money to several different people during my time there, which my father disapproved of, but oh well. Portland was fun, but it was hard seeing poor people on every street corner and not having enough money to give to all of them.

2. I remember once when I was young I was riding bikes with my friend at a park, her grandmother was babysitting us but we went by ourselves here. I fell off my back on the way down a steep hill and got pretty banged up. My friend didn't know what to do because I was crying my eyes out and bleeding all over the place, but she knew she had to run back to her grandmother's house so she could come and get me in the car. A lady jogging by saw what happened and stayed with me while my friend ran home and tried to comfort me. The local mailman drove by and saw me and also gave me a bunch of tissues because my nose was gushing out blood. I landed on my face after all. Lol. Thinking about it now I'm still really touched by the kindness of those people. I can't even remember if I thanked them.

Wow...now THAT'S kindness right there. I wish the mailman around my way was that considerate.

Another couple of examples:

1. After the Otakon "fire incident" last year, I helped an elderly woman who was hunched-over with her bags over to the bus stop.

2. When my first dog tore the leash and ran around the neighborhood, my sister and I had tried to catch him but was too fast. A boy around my age called him over and caught him for us. Whether that boy was a dog lover or not, it is alot of help to catch our crazy mutt after chasing him breathlessly for 15 minutes.
"Because the World isn't as cruel as you take it to be." ~ Celty, Durarara!!

Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."
~Deuteronomy 31:6

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We live in a fantasy world, a world of illusion. The great task in life is to find reality. ~ Iris Murdoch
Sapphire225

Postby Atria35 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:00 pm

When I was 3, I wandered away from the park that my dad had taken me to. I didn't know the way back (was lost in suburbia!), and started crying. These three guys who lived at the house I was in front of held me as I cried and called my home. My dad obviously wasn't there (I was three. I couldn't reason that out.), but they took care of me for a half hour until my dad found the place.

My friend's uncle helped carry me home after I stepped on a nail (I was about 6 at the time).

A lady helped me cross the street when I was about 6- it was a major one in my area, with tons of traffic.

I know I've done some, but I don't remember or keep track of them. I also feel bad that, as I get older, I stop remembering or keeping track of ones others do for me.
Atria35

Return to General