Skydiving!!!!

Talk about anything in here.

Skydiving!!!!

Postby Scarecrow » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:53 am

Who does it? Doing my first AFF class tomorrow and I'm so psyched!!! I actually embarrass myself over how excited I get when someone gets me talking about it. Anywho... just curious... anyone else do it or gone before? Tandem? Solo? I went a couple months ago and have been having withdrawals ever since. Sooo excited I actually get to pull my own parachute this time and land it ^_^
"Take me down, shake me out. Give me a brain, that I might know You better"
Scarecrow

Postby Sapphire225 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:59 am

Wow, that's awesome!

I want to skydive after college with several friends, or at least during the summer soon. Best of luck to ya' and have a ton of fun!
"Because the World isn't as cruel as you take it to be." ~ Celty, Durarara!!

Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."
~Deuteronomy 31:6

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We live in a fantasy world, a world of illusion. The great task in life is to find reality. ~ Iris Murdoch
Sapphire225

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:38 pm

Why would I jump out of a perfectly good airplane?

Really though, I'd love to try it, but they'd probably have to push me.
Shao Feng-Li

Postby FllMtl Novelist » Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:09 pm

Shao Feng-Li (post: 1460479) wrote:Really though, I'd love to try it, but they'd probably have to push me.

Yeah, same for me, I think. ^^;
Hats wrote:"Frodo! Cast off your [s]sins[/s] into the fire!"

EllaEdric 06:53 -IM SO UNEQUIPPED TO BE A MAN ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY.
FllMtl Novelist

Postby Scarecrow » Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:29 pm

1 AFF Jump down... 6 more to do! I did pretty good except when it came to getting the parachute in the right spot for landing. I was doing way to many extreme turns under 1000 feet though. After 1000 you're supposed to already be at your flight path mark and going in for the landing path... I started to early so I was too high at the wrong time but I was still under 1000 feet you're not supposed to do any crazy turns and I was swinging around like a pendulum trying to correct myself... they had to yell at me a couple times to stop but I'd hear turn so I thought they wanted me to go the other way but they said no turn so yeah... but I landed it good still aside from that...
"Take me down, shake me out. Give me a brain, that I might know You better"
Scarecrow

Return to General