Spiritually confused

Talk about anything in here.

Spiritually confused

Postby TheMewster » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:53 pm

Hey, TheMewster again. :?: I know that the Holy Spirit speaks to us in voices in our head. But the problem is, I have several voices in my head all claiming to be God! :mutter: It really depresses me. :waah!: Sometimes (actually, often) the voices tell me to do something and not to do that same thing in the same MINUTE. :waah!: And of course, as long as my ego won't shut up for ONE MINUTE nothing's gonna get figured out. I've even got some of the the voices to admit that they weren't God, but they still get me feeling guilty and unloved for not listening to them. As a result, I've stopped trusting ALL voices in my head, because I can't figure out which are bad, which is my selfish desires, and which is the Holy Spirit. :shake::shake::shake: Please, pray for me and give me advice in figuring out who's who?
By the way, my grandma said that when God talks to her, He sounds a lot like her. At first, I felt like God revealed something to me through her, but now, I don't even know anymore. Feeling so depressed. You guys are the only people I feel like I can let out my spiritual troubles to! :waah!: :?: So what's your advice? Im'ma need your advice and support to make it out of this and still have much faith. :waah!: So please please, pray for me and give me advice in figuring out who's who?
So the poor has hope, and injustice shuts her mouth. ~Job 5:16 WEB~
For you are my hope, Lord Yahweh; my confidence from my youth. ~Psalm 71:5 WEB~
TheMewster

Postby Atria35 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:58 pm

God is represented in different ways to different people. It's very individual and personal

I'm a little concerned that there are multiple voices in your head, though. I think that you would benefit from some spiritual counceling and some psychiatric counseling. That's not normal, and could be a sign of a mental illness alongside a spiritual one.
Atria35

Postby Cognitive Gear » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:00 pm

I don't think that anyone on CAA can help you with this. Please seek help from people you trust. From your pastor, from a doctor, from your parents. The internet is a great resource, but I am pretty sure that no one here is qualified to help you sort through this, especially over the internet.

Many CAAer's will pray for you, though. :)
[font="Tahoma"][SIZE="2"]"It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things."

-Terry Pratchett[/SIZE][/font]
Cognitive Gear

Postby Lynna » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:13 pm

Hmmm....this doesn't sound good.
As others have said, it might be a good Idea to check this out with a doctor and/or a pastor. But one thing I do want you to know: God will never tell you to do something that directly conflicts with his word (aka, the Bible) So that might help you sort things out.Also, It might be a good idea to demand in the name of Jesus that all the voices that Aren't from the Holy Spirit, that might work. Also, God is loving, and so if the voices tell you stuff that hurts you or makes you feel depressed, then there's a good probablility they aren't God.
One thing I'm curious about: does each voice sound different? or do they all sound the same?
I'll be praying for you! *hugs*
I Believe in the Sun/Even when It's not shining/I belive in Love/Even When I Don't Feel it/And I Believe in God/Even when He is silent/And I, I Believe ---BarlowGirl
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks To All The CAA Moderators
DeviantArttumblrBeneath The Tangles
Avatar (lovingly) taken from The Silver Eye webcomic
Lynna

Postby TopazRaven » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:15 pm

I'll pray for you as well, I'm sorry you are having so much trouble, but Atria and Cognitive are right, hearing all these voices doesn't sound quite right, you need to let your parents know whats going on with you.
For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

NIV, Romans 8:38-39.
TopazRaven

Postby Dante » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:33 pm

*Blinks* I am assuming your not talking about audible voices. There is nothing wrong with this of course, it happens to people all the time. But if it were the case, I suggest you seek a psychiatrist to talk with, even if it were demonic in influence (and it probably isn't); you need someone to "ground" you and help you cope with it. Ultimately, psychological issues are more likely, and it doesn't mean that you're crazy by any stretch (and that doesn't necessarily mean you'll have to take meds or that it has to be 'bad'). (EDIT: A note for the future, to avoid further confusion, if you're not talking about audible voices, you can refer to it as "internal dialogue" or the kind of experience you have in reading a book silently)

That stated; try though I might, I can't hear God in my head either - and I doubt many of us here truly can. I've always wished for a telephone to God, it would be the most awesome telephone in the world. But I'm just not spiritually tuned to picking up spiritual messages all that often - I could tune out the whole world, and I would just be left with psychological noise - no better then listening to white noise to "hear God". In fact, scratch that, with ADD - it's impossible for me to "tune out" my reality - my brain creates entire fantasy worlds the instant I close my eyes ^_^ (In fact, I spend probably less then 1% of my life actually "looking" at the real world, the rest of the time I'm chillin in my own mind XD).

In life, I've only deeply gotten a message from God twice - both instances vastly changed my life from that day onward. Maybe that's why he doesn't send more - it would overload my life with transformation and I'd spin out of control from it all.

So in the end, don't worry too much - if we're talking about your ego and the million little influences (often contradicting each other) in your life, it's pretty common. I don't think God is limited in his volume setting, so I suppose he wants me to listen to my own heart and grow according to who I truly am inside (perhaps that's what your Grandmother was saying - not that God talked to her and had her voice, but that he formed a heart in her that told her to live a life he would be proud of). If he does speak, I am rather excited to hear what he has to say next, it will most likely change my life - although it he just wants to call to discuss his sunset last night, that would be cool too.
Dante

Postby TheMewster » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:59 pm

THANKS GUYS! I'm feeling much better! No, they're not audible! And yes, Lynna, these voices WERE depressing me, that's why I have been feeling so depressed lately! Thanks for your prayers guys! And TopazRaven, before I signed up, I read a lot of your threads and they helped me with a LOT of spiritual issues! I can just FEEL God filling me with joy right now!
On a more serious note, I have Aspergers, and I'm too shy to talk to my parents about this. (Pathetic, I know.) But I might now that you guys have inspired me! I read a thread about demons here that helped me figure out what they may have really been. (After all, You-Know-Who likes to disguise himself as an angel of light.) I once commanded those internal dialogues out in Jesus's name, and most of them left. Plus, they were depressing me, and God once let me in on their plan to seperate me from my hobbies and depress me so they can seperate me from Him. So, most of those, may have been demons! *crys* *remembers joy and stops* And they all sound masculine with varying pitch except one that sounded like a teenage girl (which left when I called it out.)
But I'm afraid I may dissapoint the ones I love by coming forward. So please pray that I get some courage! Group hug! God bless you guys! Now I feel like I have a place to belong to! *glomp*
TheMewster

Postby Nate » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:36 pm

TheMewster wrote:On a more serious note, I have Aspergers, and I'm too shy to talk to my parents about this.

You must be older than I assumed you were, since if you were under 18, your parents probably would have taken you to the doctor that diagnosed you with Aspergers, and therefore they would know that you had it. I guess you must be in college, then, but I must ask what prompted you to go to the doctor to get diagnosed in the first place...I'm just curious.

It also seems that if you were having trouble with voices, you would have brought it up to the doctor in question as well...but I'm guessing maybe this is a relatively recent thing?

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby TopazRaven » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:55 pm

I'm glad my threads managed to help you some Mew! If you ask me you are already so brave to have gotten as far as you have! In your situation I would probably to afraid to even fall asleep! I know it might feel like you would be disappointing your parents by telling them your problems, but I'm sure they love and care about you and would want to help you right? I'll keep praying and I hope things get better for you soon! *Hugs*.
For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

NIV, Romans 8:38-39.
TopazRaven

Postby armeck » Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:13 pm

one thing to figure out if it is God's voice is to line it up with the bible. study the bible, read as much as you can so as to help...
Just some punk kid that likes techno music
armeck

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:30 pm

You might also challenge what those voices say to you with the Bible.
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Beau Soir » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:48 pm

Everyone else has given really awesome advice. I'll pray for you, TheMewster!

1 John 4:1-6
1 Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world. 2 This is how you can recognize the Spirit of God: Every spirit that acknowledges that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, 3 but every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you have heard is coming and even now is already in the world.

4 You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world. 5 They are from the world and therefore speak from the viewpoint of the world, and the world listens to them. 6 We are from God, and whoever knows God listens to us; but whoever is not from God does not listen to us. This is how we recognize the Spirit of truth and the spirit of falsehood.

Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within.
--James Arthur Baldwin

Charm is deceptive, beauty is fleeting,
but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.

(Proverbs 31:30)

Beau Soir

Postby Nanao » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:25 pm

Definitely will be praying for you! As has been stated above, I would at least go and try to get come counselling. I understand about being embarrassed to talk to your parents though. I've been there before as well. It might be a good idea though to find someone who is more mature in their faith who you can trust and talk to freely. Echoing armeckthefirst, I would also encourage you to be reading the Word. We do know that God speaks through his word. Hearing God speak to you is different for everyone. So, don't let anyone pressure you that it has to be a certain way. Praying for you!
Nanao

I figured it out! Thanks for your prayers!

Postby TheMewster » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:29 pm

Thanks, it's gotten much better now! Ya know what? I found out how the Holy Spirit REALLY works! It's not just a voice in your head, the Holy Spirit acually COMPELS you to do good things! I had a better, more cheerful day than usual today. I did many kind things with God's help and just felt compelled to do them. THAT'S how the Holy Spirit works, Not through nagging (though sometimes the Holy Spirit might). I've accepted Jesus TWICE OR THRICE now and never felt that compulsion and positive energy I felt today. And one time last night when I read this forum, I all of a sudden felt filled with God's love and joy. So somebody must have prayed at that moment for the Holy Spirit to guide me. Whoever did that, thanks a bunches and God bless you! Also, I've been praying for God to speak to me through this forum, and I feel he has. THANKSTHANKS!!! :hug: Also, my mom appreciates you guys inspiring me to tell her! She sends you this: :hug:
TheMewster

Postby steenajack » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:03 pm

I'm so happy that things are really looking up. I'll be praying that you'll continue to grow in your faith. *glomps* BTW, nice to meet you. :D
Please, feel free to check out my sites:

My Deviant Art[/color]
MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!
My FictionPress[/color]
My tumblr[/color] Read...fave...reblog...repeat...
steenajack

Postby Lynna » Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:04 pm

I'm so glad Things worked out for you Mew!!:hug::hug:I'm really glad we could help!I'll be praying more for you!!
I Believe in the Sun/Even when It's not shining/I belive in Love/Even When I Don't Feel it/And I Believe in God/Even when He is silent/And I, I Believe ---BarlowGirl
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks To All The CAA Moderators
DeviantArttumblrBeneath The Tangles
Avatar (lovingly) taken from The Silver Eye webcomic
Lynna

Postby firestorm » Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:52 pm

Oops nvm this post. Mod please delete XD
Come check my facebook fan page here If you want to see some great photography and art!

I am currently on my 4th draft of the script for Canvas! Canvas is a watercolor animated short about how everything declares of a Creator and how everything happens for a reason. If anyone would like to help by sending me resources on watercolor or animation it would be greatly appreciated!

I am also on my 1st draft of a short live-action Romcom called "Behind Every Good Man! Behind Every Good Man is about a Bride-to-be, Evelyn, who must stop her Mother-in-Law, Pamela, from living her dream wedding through Evelyn's. Along the way she learns what it means to be a Woman of Integrity today! If anyone wants to help let me know!

Location: Lovin the Miami Heat. And I ain't talking about the basketball team :3

Postby TheMewster » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:32 am

Thanks for all your help! God bless you!
TheMewster

Return to General