Anyone Watch Chi's Sweet Home?

The real heart of CAA; discuss specific series, issues, and things related to anime here.

Anyone Watch Chi's Sweet Home?

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:59 am

I've been watching it at Crunchyroll and I'm on episode 38. I love it to death. Chi cracks me up.

Anyone else watching it?

Also, someone explain to me why it's also classed as Seinen.
Shao Feng-Li

Postby ChristianKitsune » Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:06 pm

NYEAAH! :3

I have watched it! It really was a great way to relieve stress and just laugh! There is also a comic of the same currently being released here in the states :)

Also there is a second season :)
ImageImage
Stick Monkey Chronicles
Web-Manga Hosted by: The Project
ChristianKitsune

Location: In my sketchbook of wonderment and puffy pink clouds! *\^o^/*

Postby blkmage » Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:06 pm

Seinen (and shounen, shoujo, josei) denotes a target demographic, not a genre, and is generally indicated by the target demongraphic of the magazine a work is run in.

For example, not all romance is shoujo. There's a difference between shounen romance and shoujo romance. Usually, you can tell the difference in this case by whether the main character is the guy or the girl.
blkmage

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:22 pm

blkmage (post: 1459185) wrote:Seinen (and shounen, shoujo, josei) denotes a target demographic, not a genre, and is generally indicated by the target demongraphic of the magazine a work is run in.

For example, not all romance is shoujo. There's a difference between shounen romance and shoujo romance. Usually, you can tell the difference in this case by whether the main character is the guy or the girl.

I know, but seinen generally means males 18- 30. And well, Chi's Sweet Home is a bit younger than that... I mean, it just seems a bit strange XD I'd think it would be kodomo.

I have watched it! It really was a great way to relieve stress and just laugh! There is also a comic of the same currently being released here in the states

I read that too, but that they've flipped it :( I didn't know anyone flipped manga anymore D:
Shao Feng-Li

Postby MasterDias » Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:30 pm

Shao Feng-Li (post: 1459186) wrote:I know, but seinen generally means males 18- 30. And well, Chi's Sweet Home is a bit younger than that... I mean, it just seems a bit strange XD I'd think it would be kodomo.

The Chi's Sweet Home manga actually runs in Kodansha's Weekly Morning, a seinen magazine that also runs series like Vagabond and Naoki Urasawa's Billy Bat...so, yeah, it's seinen.
-----------------------------------------
"Always seek to do good to one another and to all."
1 Thessalonians 5:15

"Every story must have an ending." - Auron - Final Fantasy X

"A small stone may make a ripple at first, but someday it will be a wave." - Wiegraf - Final Fantasy Tactics
MasterDias

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:11 pm

So it's seinen because of the magazine it runs in?
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Atria35 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:51 am

Basically, yes.

I haven't watched it myself- Tried, but it wasn't really to my taste. Though I have a friend who adores every single episode.
Atria35

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:50 am

Oh, I fully realized I'm watching the second season. Of course, Crunchyroll doesn't have the first season :(
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:52 am

Well, just finished it. Now I need to hunt down the first season :D
Shao Feng-Li

Return to Anime and Anime Reviews