Sold their souls to the Devil?

Talk about anything in here.

Postby Hansha » Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:16 pm

I think that's from people not thinking about what they are reading. You have to look at the OT and NT in a broader perspective than people are used to doing.
" The light shines in the darkness and the darkness has not overcome it." John 1:5
Hansha

Postby WhiteMage212 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:54 pm

Personally, I don't think any of them sold their souls unless you mean signing a contract to a record label (which almost is).And when they say they have a sort of mind control, I'd say that is what you would actually call trends, culture, and marketing. You don't have to listen to the music if you don't like it. It's just that the culture around you got used to that music and decided that they want more. I listen to some of those artists and nothing has happened to me. I still listen to all forms of music. If I were part of the PR dept. then I would probably tell an artist (katy perry for example) that they should tell reporters that they sold their soul to the devil. And since the contract that they signed has a lot of control over their lives, they are kinda forced to say that sort of stuff unless they want to lose deal with the company.
I was also curious about the Illuminati and I found that they were actually more of a giant think tank type of deal. They had their own world view. The conspiracies of them controlling the world are what are false. They don't exactly have magic powers. The power that people think is mind control is actually PR and marketing. Companies of brands have huge influence on our culture but that doesn't mean they're brainwashing you. Maybe conditioning you, but you can get out of that if you wanted. Overall, most is just lies, PR, and conspiracies that aren't true.

edit: and about the secret signs and symbolism. again, culture. Just cuz they're covering one of their eyes doesn't mean that they have some sort of occult link. Though lady gaga does seem to have a lot of those things so some times, it does seem kinda suspicious. Though she probably wants us to think that. Then again, some of this stuff can be real but most of it is false.
In the beginning, God created HTML...- R. Zion
Men cry not for themselves, but for there comrades.-FF7 Crisis Core
"If it's not the gun that takes you down, it's the pen- myself
Know God, No fear.
If it doesn't fit, you must edIT! MOES. http://www.christiananime.net/showthread.php?t=43825[/URL].
WhiteMage212

Postby Bobtheduck » Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:51 pm

I heard that Xerox technology came from Satan. Satan was always trying to copy God (read: Exodus), so now he's teaching humans how to copy as well...

*cough*
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby Ella Edric » Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:12 pm

I believe some probably have made deals with demons/the devil, but obviously not all. I've heard some songs that truly are demonic from some bands dedicating songs to the devil, and I'm pretty sure those guys are probably bad news, and very well could be seeking Satan for help. BUT, there are bands that do the complete opposite. They look to divine providence and stuff. Ask for God's help to get where they are.

So yeah, it's definately possible. Is that always the case? No. Obviously.
Ella Edric

Postby Nate » Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:14 pm

If someone dedicates a song to the devil that doesn't mean they made a deal with the devil or the devil helped them write it.

I mean I could write a poem right now and dedicate it to my dad. That doesn't mean my dad helped me write it, or that I made some kind of deal with my dad.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Bobtheduck » Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:27 pm

It's only really possible with Heavy metal, because everyone knows that the devil loves metal. And Fiddles, but that was sort of a phase.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evcNPfZlrZs Watch this movie なう。 It's legal, free... And it's more than its premise. It's not saying Fast Food is good food. Just watch it.
Legend of Crying Bronies: Twilight's a Princess
Bobtheduck

Postby Hansha » Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:32 pm

apparently folk music also according to "O Brother, Where Art Thou."
" The light shines in the darkness and the darkness has not overcome it." John 1:5
Hansha

Postby Roy Mustang » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:46 am

Nate wrote:WARNING: The above link is incredibly stupid and may cause you to punch your monitor. I cannot be held legally responsible for any damages you may inflict on your computer if you read it.

I have punch it about three times already. I don't know want ticks me off more, the rock music is evil or aids comment in that comic.

[font="Book Antiqua"]
[color="Red"]Col. Roy Mustang[/color][/font]
Roy Mustang

Postby Kunoichi » Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:51 am

I saved my computer by banging my head against the wall. :)
I am on the forefront of battle against the demons of earth. All Praise and Glory be given to God Forever and Ever!

:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:
Kunoichi

Postby Nate » Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:02 am

Roy Mustang wrote:I don't know want ticks me off more, the rock music is evil or aids comment in that comic.

If the AIDS comment in that comic offends you, then for the love of all that's holy don't read his newest tract.

Nate

Postby Roy Mustang » Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:33 am

Nate wrote:If the AIDS comment in that comic offends you, then for the love of all that's holy don't read his newest tract.

I already saw that one today. If I could punch a wall without putting a hole in it, I would have.

I could shoot a five page email to chick tracts on how the word full blown aids is offensive and shows how uneducated he is on the matter.

Lord knows, how long of an email that I could send about the whole comic.

[font="Book Antiqua"][color="Red"]Col. Roy Mustang[/color][/font]
Roy Mustang

Postby Hiryu » Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:54 pm

Hey, that tract was great! *garbage comes flying at him*

Seriously though, I think there was some truth in it, but it was grossly distorted. The people who played in the band weren't really christians. Surely not all christian rock bands are the same lukewarm, easily corrupted people? Tools need manuals.

I've actually seen some of the other tracts. The ones I've seen are not quite as bad as that one. They are corny though, I will admit that.
Hiryu

Postby Nate » Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:06 pm

Hiryu wrote:I think there was some truth in it, but it was grossly distorted.

There wasn't any truth in it. You're misreading it. Chick wasn't trying to say "These people weren't Christian and sometimes Christian bands are just faking it." Chick was saying "All modern music is from Satan, and if you're a real Christian you won't listen to it, because even modern music that claims to be Christian is satanic."

I don't see a single hint of truth in that statement.
The ones I've seen are not quite as bad as that one. They are corny though, I will admit that.

You must be new to his tracts. I can count on one hand the number of tracts he's created that aren't horribly offensive in some way.

Nate

Postby mechana2015 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:09 pm

Nate (post: 1459008) wrote:You must be new to his tracts. I can count on one hand the number of tracts he's created that aren't horribly offensive in some way.

Or laughably inaccurate.

Based on other tracts I've seen, the theology the author ascribes to is that if anything has ever had some semblance of a possibility of a bad effect, it's straight up hell-food that 'll make you into a baby murdering satan worshipper, and he'll distort whatever the topic is to fit that presumption.

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby Nate » Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:16 pm

Yeah, some of them are just silly. This tract is actually one I don't have any real problems with and isn't offensive at all...but the idea of sitting there watching a movie of your entire life after you die is just bizarre...not to mention time-consuming. That's one of the handful I don't think is a bad tract at all, really, just goofy.

Nate

Postby Davidizer13 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:35 pm

Nate (post: 1458845) wrote:WARNING: The above link is incredibly stupid and may cause you to punch your monitor. I cannot be held legally responsible for any damages you may inflict on your computer if you read it.

There is one redeeming point to that tract, though. Rock and roll, according to it, was created by the Satanic Church, and in Jack Chick World, the Satanic Church is kinda sorta equivalent to Catholicism. Therefore, the Pope is the hardest rocker on the face of the earth. Congratulations, Mr. Chick, you have made me a Catholic.

Also, wow at the new tract. Wow. Really, Jack Chick? You had to go there, didn't you?
We are loved even though we suck.

Psalms 37:37 (NHEB)
Mark the perfect man, and see the upright, for there is a future for the man of peace.
Davidizer13

Postby Nanao » Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:40 pm

I'm still trying to get over that tract, and the buzzing in my head from hitting the wall so many times @_@

I'm not sure about selling one's soul to the devil. I think that the devil does use people, and it's certain that evil spirits are very real. On the other hand there may be some truth in people being able to make "pacts" with the devil in return for something else. I'm thinking of the story of Jesus being tempted by the devil, and the devil offering him everything if Christ will bow. However, ultimately I think that the power of Christ is able to supersede whatever contracts that people make, should that be his will.
Nanao

Postby Dante » Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:59 pm

Yeah, some of them are just silly. This tract is actually one I don't have any real problems with and isn't offensive at all...but the idea of sitting there watching a movie of your entire life after you die is just bizarre...not to mention time-consuming. That's one of the handful I don't think is a bad tract at all, really, just goofy.

I think I found that in a bathroom once - we had street preachers at ASU that would walk around with giant offensive signs. They, much like the comic strips, begged to be punched. In fact, when someone threw a peace sign on the giant "reasons you're going to hell" sign, his statement was, "These men today are wimps, he should have been a man like in the Bible and punched me in the face." <- seriously.
Dante

Postby Rusty Claymore » Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:08 pm

"These men today are wimps, he should have been a man like in the Bible and punched me in the face."
Actually, real men like in the Bible would have "Fell on him so that he died." XD
Proverbs 31:32 "...when she watches anime, she keeps the room well lit and sits at a safe distance."
Rusty Claymore

Postby Peanut » Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:36 pm

Nate (post: 1459013) wrote:Yeah, some of them are just silly. This tract is actually one I don't have any real problems with and isn't offensive at all...but the idea of sitting there watching a movie of your entire life after you die is just bizarre...not to mention time-consuming. That's one of the handful I don't think is a bad tract at all, really, just goofy.

I remember that tract. It's not bad. Actually, one of his newer ones about loving money isn't bad in an offensive way, just really really corny. The other one was so offensive it made my new computer freeze. I'm not joking.
CAA's Resident Starcraft Expert

goldenspines wrote:Its only stealing if you don't get caught.
Peanut

Postby Dr.Faust » Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:36 pm

I woulden't pay too much attention to this theroy. If you ever pay attention to all the videos and forum topics and stuff like that for one they never list an artist that is in metal like Slayer and Sigh or any artist that is famouse in a country that isen't the US. Also I do beleave that there are some artist that "sold" their souls to the devil but not all of them. the Illumita might exist it might not. A lot of it is really conspircy theroyst(and satan) useing fear to stop people from trying to acheave their dreams. also My grandpa is a 33 Freemason and he tells me to never forget to pray to God and stay away from satan so yeah...
Check out my boy's art: http://www.arttronik.com/
Dr.Faust

Postby Fish and Chips » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:07 pm

Faust should be required reading for posting in this thread. Or at least looking up Faust on Wikipedia or something.
Nate (post: 1458985) wrote:for the love of all that's holy don't read his newest tract.
I was thinking it couldn't be that bad.

BUT IT TOTALLY WAS.

Fish and Chips

Postby blkmage » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:16 pm

Fish and Chips (post: 1459076) wrote:Faust should be required reading for posting in this thread. Or at least looking up Faust on Wikipedia or something.

Did someone say Faust?

EDIT: this was an excellent 3000th post.
blkmage

Postby bkilbour » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:17 pm

It's not a far leap to believe that satan puts his messages in a lot of music today.
Thus far, it usually manifests itself through encouraging/glorifying sin in the lyrics; sexual immorality, murder, crime, etc.
-Have the artists all went through deals with satan? I doubt it. They spout off their unbelief of God regularly, attacking what they believe is a false benevolence. Why would they embrace an unabashedly evil being, and believe in him?
-At the same rate, this makes them easy pawns for satan, and the devil is pleased at what they write about.

I'm a heavy metal fan. But I don't listen to satanic or fleshly music, because satan isn't in the music, he's influencing the lyrics of those artists.

The Chick tract about a movie on our lives haunted me a bit - I was reminded of my sins, and it woke me up from what had been a stupor. Jack Chick may be kind of crazy, and very legalistic, but his heart's in the right place (as silly as the "green angels" tract was).

The illuminati? Yeah, probably - I'm pretty sure that they exist. Are they controlling the world? Probably just trying; the other shadow groups might be going at it right now, vying for control (an interesting concept, to say the least)
Hebrews 12
John 14
Matthew 6
Psalm 119
May God be glorified!
bkilbour

Postby Atria35 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:22 pm

[quote="bkilbour (post: 1459079)"]It's not a far leap to believe that satan puts his messages in a lot of music today.
Thus far, it usually manifests itself through encouraging/glorifying sin in the lyrics]

Those things have been in music since songs were invented (or close to it). It's not a modern thing.
Atria35

Postby Nate » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:35 pm

bkilbour wrote:Jack Chick may be kind of crazy, and very legalistic, but his heart's in the right place

I'd be more inclined to believe you if it wasn't for other tracts he's written. I can safely say his heart is absolutely not in the right place]Those things have been in music since songs were invented (or close to it). It's not a modern thing.[/QUOTE]
Seconding this. It's kind of like how people say that violence and sex in movies prove this generation is depraved and it's like...have any of those people read Shakespeare or Geoffrey Chaucer, or Beowulf?

Nate

Postby ShiroiHikari » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:37 pm

[quote="bkilbour (post: 1459079)"]
The illuminati? Yeah, probably - I'm pretty sure that they exist. Are they controlling the world? Probably just trying]

O...kay.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby Peanut » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:44 pm

Nate (post: 1459083) wrote:Seconding this. It's kind of like how people say that violence and sex in movies prove this generation is depraved and it's like...have any of those people read Shakespeare or Geoffrey Chaucer, or Beowulf?

You forgot Oscar Wilde. Heck just researching his life would be enough.

[quote="bkilbour"]The illuminati? Yeah, probably - I'm pretty sure that they exist. Are they controlling the world? Probably just trying]

Nah, everything's controlled by aliens.
CAA's Resident Starcraft Expert

goldenspines wrote:Its only stealing if you don't get caught.
Peanut

Postby TopazRaven » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:46 pm

Heh, I've got to admit the whole tract with the movie kind of picked at me a little to, made me a bit nervous. I don't look forward to seeing what's on my movie at the end of my life.
For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

NIV, Romans 8:38-39.
TopazRaven

Postby Nate » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:52 pm

Peanut wrote:Nah, everything's controlled by aliens.

No, everything's controlled by immortal time travelers from the year 5000 who have been stranded here since the advent of civilization and must ensure that history happens they way they know it to have happened, lest a time paradox occur and they cease to exist. DUH.

Nate

Previous Next

Return to General