Favorite painters?

Talk about anything in here.

Favorite painters?

Postby rocklobster » Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:31 pm

Anyone got any favorite painters? You can post artwork as long as it's appropriate for CAA.
Here are some of mine:
Vincent Van Gogh
Michelangelo
Mary Cassat
Salvador Dali
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Mr. Hat'n'Clogs » Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:50 pm

Raphael was a pretty cool guy.
Mr. Hat'n'Clogs

Postby PrincessZelda » Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:54 pm

Van Gogh
Monet
Michelangelo (Though, I like his sculpture better)
da Vinci
Raphael
Artemisia Gentileschi
Picasso
Hieronymus Bosch
Boticelli

Those are the ones I remember liking from Art History, at least. There's probably a lot more I like, lol.
"If you are allergic to a thing, it is best not to put that thing in your mouth, particularly if the thing is cats."

PrincessZelda

Postby Htom Sirveaux » Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:44 pm

If this post seems too utterly absurd or ridiculous to be taken seriously, don't. :)
Htom Sirveaux

Postby Cognitive Gear » Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:03 pm

Google has a gift for anyone who loves art:

The Google Art project. Explore the biggest galleries in the world, and see insanely high quality digital versions of the art.

For example, Starry Night. Zoom In, then wait. Then Zoom In some more. Then some more. Just make sure you allow it time to load the whole image, you can get in close enough to see the fibers of the canvas.
[font="Tahoma"][SIZE="2"]"It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things."

-Terry Pratchett[/SIZE][/font]
Cognitive Gear

Postby TWWK » Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:51 pm

Amy Sol!!!
Beneath the Tangles: Where Manga Meets the Maker

In the colors of Your goodness/In the scars that mark your skin/In the currency of Grace/Is where my song begins
~ "Economy of Mercy," Switchfoot
TWWK

Postby PrincessZelda » Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:57 pm

TWWK (post: 1458877) wrote:Amy Sol!!!

Oh wow, I'd never heard of her before, but I just looked her up, and I really like her work!
"If you are allergic to a thing, it is best not to put that thing in your mouth, particularly if the thing is cats."

PrincessZelda

Postby ABlipinTime » Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:34 pm

Bob Ross

here's one quick example of his skills:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMIzuSLx3kE&feature=related
- God is always with us, especially when we feel most alone.
http://ablipintime.deviantart.com/
Htom Sirveaux (post: 1435089) - "We should all start speaking telepathically."
Midori (post: 1457302) "Sometimes, if I try hard, I can speak in English."
(post: 1481465) "Overthinking is an art."
Goldenspines - "Fighting the bad guys and rescuing princesses from trolls and all that. "
ABlipinTime

Postby TWWK » Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:59 am

PrincessZelda (post: 1458879) wrote:Oh wow, I'd never heard of her before, but I just looked her up, and I really like her work!

She's amazing...her work is so dreamy and beautiful. I'd like to one day own one of her works.

Amy Sol Gallery
Beneath the Tangles: Where Manga Meets the Maker

In the colors of Your goodness/In the scars that mark your skin/In the currency of Grace/Is where my song begins
~ "Economy of Mercy," Switchfoot
TWWK

Postby Nanao » Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:50 pm

Giotto and Rafael

TWWK (post: 1458963) wrote:She's amazing...her work is so dreamy and beautiful. I'd like to one day own one of her works.

Amy Sol Gallery

oooooo Amy Sol is amazing! Thanks for the new favourite ^_^
Nanao

Postby Atria35 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:27 pm

Jacob Isaacksz Van Ruisdael
J. M. W. Turner
Atria35

Postby Makachop^^128 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:48 pm

Van gogh
Degas
Heinz Edelmann
"We're not gonna die. We can't die, Bendis. You know why? Because we are so...very...pretty. We are just too pretty for God to let us die."-Mal

http://www.facebook.com/ShaylaChan

http://www.shelfari.com/shaylabot
http://myanimelist.net/profile/ShaylaBot
Makachop^^128

Postby KhakiBlueSocks » Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:32 am

I love the art of George Rodrigue; his Blue Dog paintings are awesome! Here's one of my favourite pieces he did with Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal and his wife:

Joshua: Hebrew -The LORD is Salvation

" wrote:RustyClaymore 11:27 - Ah yes, Socks is the single raindrop responsible for the flood. XD

Check out my new anime review blog, "The Cajun Samurai"

http://thecajunsamurai.wordpress.com/
KhakiBlueSocks

Postby ST. Attidude » Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:19 pm

Raphael
Massacio
Pablo Picasso
Honore Daumier
Francisco de Goya
Arshile Gorky
George Kamitani - Bringing you anime games in the most epic, painterly way (so far).

EDIT: OH! and how could I forget Caravaggio!...
[color="Magenta"]@[/color][color="Red"])}[/color][color="DarkGreen"]~[/color][color="Green"]`,[/color][color="Lime"]~[/color] [color="LightBlue"]Carry This Rose In Your Sig, [color="Red"]As Thanks,[/color] [color="LightBlue"]To All The CAA Moderators[/color][/color]
______
[color="Navy"]ST[/color][color="Blue"].[/color][color="RoyalBlue"] Attidude's[/color][color="DeepSkyBlue"].[/color][color="LightBlue"].[/color].Portfolio Site, Twitter,
DeviantArt page
ST. Attidude

Postby Davidizer13 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:17 pm

Marcel Duchamp.
We are loved even though we suck.

Psalms 37:37 (NHEB)
Mark the perfect man, and see the upright, for there is a future for the man of peace.
Davidizer13

Postby firestorm » Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:27 pm

I don't know about favorite painters, but I do have a favorite graffiti artist.. and that's Banksy! look him up on google if you want to learn about him here is some of his artwork.

Note: while he doesn't usually do profane stuff like other graffiti artists, when he wants to make a point on something (usually social commentary) he does use some, so be careful if you find a profane image and it does seem lately he's been a bit more profane with his messages. But again most of his stuff is clean with some smart social commentary.
Come check my facebook fan page here If you want to see some great photography and art!

I am currently on my 4th draft of the script for Canvas! Canvas is a watercolor animated short about how everything declares of a Creator and how everything happens for a reason. If anyone would like to help by sending me resources on watercolor or animation it would be greatly appreciated!

I am also on my 1st draft of a short live-action Romcom called "Behind Every Good Man! Behind Every Good Man is about a Bride-to-be, Evelyn, who must stop her Mother-in-Law, Pamela, from living her dream wedding through Evelyn's. Along the way she learns what it means to be a Woman of Integrity today! If anyone wants to help let me know!

Location: Lovin the Miami Heat. And I ain't talking about the basketball team :3

Postby RefractedAhav » Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:43 pm

Rembrandt! I think If I was born in another time it would have been the reformation/baroque period. I love how he plays with light and how he would paint both everyday people as well as biblical scenes. I did an excerpt from his rendition of Belshazzar's feast for my old master study when I took painting for my AA. My fav composer was also from this time period.
Adopted by: 1BalloonPopper

(\_/) [color=royalblue]"We are the Bunnie [/color]

(O.o) Resistance Is Futile.

(> <) You Will Be Assimilated"-Elowen

Copy The Bunny Into Your Sig Help Him Achieve World Domination...

AKA: Jowan, John, Iwan, any male form of "John" exept Johny or any spelling of Johny (Jonathan is actualy an entirly diferrnt name, so no that does not work)

FKA: Elowen

http://users.ev1.net/%7Ebretm/ashley/tairis%20sig%203.gif
RefractedAhav

Location: Some where in Oz or is it in the woods between worlds, I'm not so shure any more. Any one have an in

Return to General