Sold their souls to the Devil?

Talk about anything in here.

Sold their souls to the Devil?

Postby fermy6 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:53 am

What do you guys think about the stories of celebrities giving their souls to Satan for fame and fortune....And what are your ideas about the Illuminati and stuff
If someone said 3 years from now
You'd be long gone
Id get up and punch their mouth
Cuz they're all wrong
I know better
Cuz you said forever
And ever
Who knew?
fermy6

Postby Kaligraphic » Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:14 am

Haters gonna hate.

For the most part, at least, it looks to be simple jealousy. Obviously, anybody who is much better at something than glorious me must have gained their ability through an unholy pact with the devil, right?
The cake used to be a lie like you, but then it took a portal to the deception core.
Kaligraphic

Postby fermy6 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:30 am

Now I'm not trying to say that there aren't people who have infact worked really hard to get what they have gotten...But I have done research and found things where people have in fact observed this kind of stuff (eg symbolism in music videos)....I don't wanna just say its true....Then again I don't wanna just say that it isnt
You'd be long gone
Cuz they're all wrong
I know better
Cuz you said forever
And ever
Who knew?
fermy6

Postby rocklobster » Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:46 am

I don't believe the Illuminati actually exist. I think it's just a crazy conspiracy theory.
"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. I appointed you to be a prophet of all nations."
--Jeremiah 1:5
Hit me up on social media!
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007205508246<--Facebook

I'm also on Amino as Radical Edward, and on Reddit as Rocklobster as well.

click here for my playlist!
my last fm profile!
rocklobster

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:54 am

I believe some people have made deals with evil spirits so they're given great power and/or fame BUT I don't believe things like backmasking in music is evidence of this.
Warrior 4 Jesus

Postby Yuki-Anne » Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:07 am

I'm not sure whether it much matters whether you've "made a deal with the Devil" or not; without Jesus, you're not in a good spot.
New and improved Yuki-Anne: now with blog: http://anneinjapan.blog.com
Yuki-Anne

Postby MrKrillz0r » Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:34 am

I've been doing a lot of research on this subject, and to be honest, from what I've seen I don't think its a crazy conspiracy as I don't get why the same symbols would come up in music videos, video games etc.
MrKrillz0r

Postby Atria35 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:34 am

I think those "masked messages" are things people pull out of their behinds- it's rather like people saying that in that one scene in Lion King where the leaves are blowing and Mufasa's about to speak to his son, that the leaves spell out the word 'sex'. I've seen that picture, and I have no idea what they're talking about. And I don't believe that it was on purpose if someone does think they do that.

I don't see any difference between those rumors and Area 52 rumors- it's all ridiculous.
Atria35

Postby fermy6 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:06 am

I don't wanna believe its real but the evidence is too overwhelming....Then again Yuki-Anne makes a very good point
You'd be long gone
Cuz they're all wrong
I know better
Cuz you said forever
And ever
Who knew?
fermy6

Postby Atria35 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:34 am

fermy6 (post: 1458779) wrote:I don't wanna believe its real but the evidence is too overwhelming....Then again Yuki-Anne makes a very good point

I'd like to know what evidence you have, and where you're getting it from.

Always look at the source, too. This being ThE iNteRnEt it's safe to say that there are people out there that you shouldn't be listening to when it comes to this stuff.
Atria35

Postby Midori » Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:03 am

In a way, we all sell our souls to the devil when we willingly sin, but God can buy us back.
Midori

Postby TopazRaven » Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:53 am

I don't know what to say about the whole Illuminati thing as I don't really know what it is, so if someone would like to fill me in then feel free. Meanwhile, I'm with Atria on this one. The whole thing just seems silly to me. If there are any hidden messages like that in the music, video games, etc that I like then I haven't noticed it. By the way, I believe that scene in The Lion King actually spelled SFX, which was the signature created by the effects animation team.
For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

NIV, Romans 8:38-39.
TopazRaven

Postby Dante » Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:10 am

Of course they do! Why else would ANYONE listen to Lady Gaga or the Backstreet Boys?

In all seriousness though, I don't believe you can really "sell your soul" like an item in a store. Demons would love to get someone to believe this about themselves however, because then they would feel salvation is impossible. Because of the feelings they would feel from such a 'pact', these people would conclude that a relationship with Christ was impossible for them.

As far as stories about musicians selling their souls and all that, that's just a cheap copy of Faust. It gives them an air of dark mystery to some people and that grows them a fan-base. Kinda like saying, "the music I play is so good, it has to be the devil." Added to this, is the lore that Luficer was an angel of music. So... That kind of explains where some of these musicians get that, although it's rather bad taste in my opinion. Music is a gift from God to us humans, our musical talents are also God-given gifts, so to attribute them to the devil is just downright mean. Poor God :( - stupid people.
Dante

Postby ShiroiHikari » Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:24 am

I think people give "the Devil" way too much credit. It's easier to say "EVIL SPIRITS MADE ME DO IT" instead of taking personal responsibility.

Also I don't know where people get that stuff about Lucifer. No really, I don't. I should look that up somewhere because it's definitely not in the Bible.

As for the Illuminati, well, I personally don't buy into conspiracy theories. You can't believe everything you read/hear on the internet.
fightin' in the eighties
ShiroiHikari

Postby MrKrillz0r » Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:35 am

Pascal (post: 1458787) wrote:Of course they do! Why else would ANYONE listen to Lady Gaga or the Backstreet Boys?

Tru dat.
MrKrillz0r

Postby TopazRaven » Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:43 am

I-I like Lady GaGa and The Backstreet Boys... 0.o
For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

TopazRaven

Postby Roy Mustang » Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:18 am

Atria35 wrote:I don't see any difference between those rumors and Area 52 rumors- it's all ridiculous.

OT: Rumors about Area 51 are half true. If we are talking about the rumors that it's a top secret military base for top secret military weapons and aircrafts. But part about aliens on the base and that kind of stuff is just rumors and false stuff.

On topic:

Where the Illuminati exist or not is still up for debate, but I see it as a conspiracy theory.

Now one theory is true is the Statue of Liberty is a Lucifer. Before anyone starts to worry, it is not the same meaning. The Statue of Liberty is a light-bearer and the Latin name is Lucifer.

In Latin, from which the English word is derived, Lucifer means "light-bearer" (from the words lucem ferre). It was the name given to the dawn appearance of the planet Venus, which heralds daylight. For this meaning, English generally uses the names "Morning Star" or "Day Star", and rarely "Lucifer".

The New Testament does not name the devil as Lucifer. Use of this name in reference to a fallen angel stems from an interpretation of Isaiah 14:3-20, a passage that speaks of a particular Babylonian King, to whom it gives a title that refers to what in English is called the Day Star or Morning Star (in Latin, lucifer), as fallen or destined to fall from the heavens or sky. In 2 Peter 1:19 and elsewhere, the same Latin word lucifer is used to refer to the Morning Star, with no relation to the devil.

However, in post-New Testament times, the Latin word Lucifer has often been used as a name for the devil, both in religious writing and in fiction, especially when referring to him prior to his fall from Heaven.

The EYE in top Triangle of the Pyramid that you see on the $1 dollar, is the All-Seeing Eye and is an universal symbol representing spiritual sight, inner vision, and higher knowledge.

Masonic symbol for the all-seeing eye of god is a mystical distortion of the omniscient (all-knowing) Biblical God.

[color="Red"][font="Book Antiqua"]

Col. Roy Mustang[/font][/color]
Roy Mustang

Postby Dante » Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:18 am

I-I like Lady GaGa and The Backstreet Boys... 0.o

I'm teasing XD, somebody has to like them - otherwise no one would by them.
Dante

Postby Lynna » Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:47 am

I acctually think that nobody can rise to any kind of power without God's allowing them. I don't believe that it means that every dsort of ruler is blessed by God or something, but for whatever reason, God allowed them into power. The same goes for celebrities. Weather they made "a pact with the devil" or something, I don't know, but I don't think the devil has the power to work against God so easily.
As for the Illuminati thing, I obviously need to do some reasearch because I've never heard of it other than in the "Angels and Demons" movie
I Believe in the Sun/Even when It's not shining/I belive in Love/Even When I Don't Feel it/And I Believe in God/Even when He is silent/And I, I Believe ---BarlowGirl
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks To All The CAA Moderators
DeviantArttumblrBeneath The Tangles
Avatar (lovingly) taken from The Silver Eye webcomic
Lynna

Postby Peanut » Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:31 am

ShiroiHikari (post: 1458788) wrote:Also I don't know where people get that stuff about Lucifer. No really, I don't. I should look that up somewhere because it's definitely not in the Bible.

Looking into Milton's Paradise Lost would be a good start. Though I don't know what specific ideas about the Devil come from there and I don't think what Pascal mentioned is in there at all though I could be wrong...Anyway, I do know that that is actually one of our bigger sources for how we see the Devil on top of what Roy's already said.
CAA's Resident Starcraft Expert

goldenspines wrote:Its only stealing if you don't get caught.
Peanut

Postby Hiryu » Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:39 am

To the people who sell their souls to the devil - I think it's more of a metaphorical context rather than literal. Though I could probably see it being literal. The people who want fame and fortune, they'll do anything to get it. So they descend into the spiritual darkness.

TopazRaven (post: 1458784) wrote:I don't know what to say about the whole Illuminati thing as I don't really know what it is, so if someone would like to fill me in then feel free.

An organization that basically controls the world. It's related to the bilderburg group. It may exist, it may not. It needs more evidence in order to support itself; Most of it is speculation. It's really not worth wasting your time looking it up.
Hiryu

Postby Nate » Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:30 pm

Peanut wrote:Looking into Milton's Paradise Lost would be a good start.

I second this. It's odd because Paradise Lost is basically "Bible fanfiction" that had many ideas in it that somehow became part of mainstream Christian belief. Though like Peanut, I'd be hard-pressed to tell you exactly which beliefs those are (most of it has to do with Satan though).

Anyway know what this reminds me of?

http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/0034/0034_01.asp

WARNING: The above link is incredibly stupid and may cause you to punch your monitor. I cannot be held legally responsible for any damages you may inflict on your computer if you read it.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Hansha » Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:39 pm

Nate (post: 1458845) wrote:I second this. It's odd because Paradise Lost is basically "Bible fanfiction" that had many ideas in it that somehow became part of mainstream Christian belief. Though like Peanut, I'd be hard-pressed to tell you exactly which beliefs those are (most of it has to do with Satan though).

WARNING: The above link is incredibly stupid and may cause you to punch your monitor. I cannot be held legally responsible for any damages you may inflict on your computer if you read it.

It all makes sense now...
" The light shines in the darkness and the darkness has not overcome it." John 1:5
Hansha

Postby Peanut » Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:57 pm

Nate (post: 1458845) wrote:I second this. It's odd because Paradise Lost is basically "Bible fanfiction" that had many ideas in it that somehow became part of mainstream Christian belief. Though like Peanut, I'd be hard-pressed to tell you exactly which beliefs those are (most of it has to do with Satan though).

Chick is right! Christian Rock is a gateway rock to all those other Satanic forms of Rock! I saw it on the internet so it must be true!!!!
CAA's Resident Starcraft Expert

goldenspines wrote:Its only stealing if you don't get caught.
Peanut

Postby TopazRaven » Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:09 pm

I actually thought that was a kind of interesting comic until I got to the end. :shake:

TopazRaven

Postby Hansha » Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:20 pm

darn you tenth avenue north, sanctus real, skillet, etc. WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO MY SOUL D:
" The light shines in the darkness and the darkness has not overcome it." John 1:5
Hansha

Postby Dante » Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:59 pm

Pascal wrote:I second this. It's odd because Paradise Lost is basically "Bible fanfiction" that had many ideas in it that somehow became part of mainstream Christian belief. Though like Peanut, I'd be hard-pressed to tell you exactly which beliefs those are (most of it has to do with Satan though).

Wow, corny tradition overload. Seriously, did they actually write that with any kind of target audience in mind? Luckily my screen reminded me that punching my screen would hurt me more then I would hurt it.
Dante

Postby Lynna » Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:57 pm

Ouch. This is hurting my eyes.
What I don't understand is how this is going to convince anybody of anything. IT'S A CARTOON.
SINCE I SAW IT IN A CARTOON IT MUST BE SO BECAUSE CARTOONS ARE ALWAYS SO TRUE AND REALISTIC! NOW I'M GOING TO STOP LISTENING TO BARLOWGIRL,SKILLET, SUPERCHICK, AND A THOUSAND FOOT KRUTCH BECAUSE THEY'VE ALL SOLD THEIR SOULS TO THE DEVIL!! THIS IS PROOOF!! JACK CHICK OBVIOUSLY KNOWS EVERYTHING ABOUT THEM!!
Really, though, they talk like these tracts are magical items that can instantly save anyone, but they forget that no one can be saved without God drawing them to himself.
I Believe in the Sun/Even when It's not shining/I belive in Love/Even When I Don't Feel it/And I Believe in God/Even when He is silent/And I, I Believe ---BarlowGirl
@)}~`,~ Carry This Rose In Your Sig, As Thanks To All The CAA Moderators
DeviantArttumblrBeneath The Tangles
Avatar (lovingly) taken from The Silver Eye webcomic
Lynna

Postby Hansha » Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:04 pm

Lynna (post: 1458868) wrote:Ouch. This is hurting my eyes.
What I don't understand is how this is going to convince anybody of anything. IT'S A CARTOON.
SINCE I SAW IT IN A CARTOON IT MUST BE SO BECAUSE CARTOONS ARE ALWAYS SO TRUE AND REALISTIC! NOW I'M GOING TO STOP LISTENING TO BARLOWGIRL,SKILLET, SUPERCHICK, AND A THOUSAND FOOT KRUTCH BECAUSE THEY'VE ALL SOLD THEIR SOULS TO THE DEVIL!! THIS IS PROOOF!! JACK CHICK OBVIOUSLY KNOWS EVERYTHING ABOUT THEM!!

facebook like
Hansha

Postby Okami » Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:09 pm

Lynna (post: 1458868) wrote:Ouch. This is hurting my eyes.

Well of course! Haven't you heard Skillet's "The Thirst is Taking Over..."? :P

In all seriousness, this thread reminds me of what my professors have been teaching us to look for in our studies and reading of the Bible - looking for the characteristics of the one we know as "Satan." And in doing so, we've found that quite a bit of what we've been taught throughout our church lives are misconceptions of who he is...same with God, actually, just the misconception that the OT God is this mean, angry, judgmental guy where as the NT God is this loving, happy, fluffy unicorns guy. The more I'm reading it, the more I see that those things are just twisted. :eh:
~*~ Blessed to be Ryosuke's wife!
"We will be her church, the body of Christ coming alive to
meet her needs, to write love on her arms." ~ Jamie Tworkowski
Okami

Next

Return to General