What? Are these people serious?

Talk about anything in here.

What? Are these people serious?

Postby Edward » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:40 pm

So I just came across this article on Google and at first thought it was written by one of those people, considering the name of the website and the use of the words 'papist' and 'North AFRICAN SEX-symbol' (meaning an obelisk), and frequent use of ALL CAPS. But one part made me wonder if it's all just some sort of joke.

Note: You may order tubes of Black Lipstick Remover from the following address (cash with order ONLY; NO REFUNDS). Ask for it "by name" -- "666 REMOVER." Limit 25 tubes per purchase, no more than five purchases per day. Credit Card payments via phone. If you do not receive your Remover before the arrival of UFO BEAST-1, I hope you enjoy the Great Tribulation! You can get a tract from Ruckman on how to be saved by the "plan of salvation" thru "keeping the law" in the Tribulation. It is called "Millions Disappear" and sells for 25 cents.

All I can say is

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y185/RurouniKaoru/fifty-wtf-1.gif
[thread=43825]MOES[/thread] One sig to rule them all. One sig to find them. One sig to bring them all, and in 250 px or less bind them. In the land of Mordor, where the sigs do not scroll.

Real men don't sparkle, real men defeat dark wizards.

"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends."

chatbot 07:24 - Edward asks, do you ever give relevant answers chatty?
My answer: No
Edward

Postby Yamamaya » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:43 pm

It reminds me of the time this guy kept on trying to sell holy water from the Jordan River.

Although this sounds ten times more ludicrous.
Yamamaya

Postby Atria35 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:43 pm

I think the imporant queston is: who cares? It silly no matter whether they're serious or not.

I actually think it's hilarious, myself. Practically hurt myself laughing.
Atria35

Postby Radical Dreamer » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:45 pm

Edward (post: 1458522) wrote:So I just came across this article on Google and at first thought it was written by one of those people, considering the name of the website and the use of the words 'papist' and 'North AFRICAN SEX-symbol' (meaning an obelisk), and frequent use of ALL CAPS. But one part made me wonder if it's all just some sort of joke.

All I can say is

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y185/RurouniKaoru/fifty-wtf-1.gif

LOLOL. I appreciate that that gif was used in this thread. XD

Also continuing to LOLOL at the mention of Egyptian Obelisks. XDD LOLing forever, in fact. XD

Anyways, this is either a joke or yet another case of "these people are unfortunately misguided, but still need the love of Jesus just like anybody else." XD
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]4 8 15 16 23[/color] 42
[color="PaleGreen"]Rushia: YOU ARE MY FAVORITE IGNORANT AMERICAN OF IRISH DECENT. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR POTATOES.[/color]
[color="Orange"]WELCOME TO MOES[/color]

Radical Dreamer

Location: Some place where I can think up witty things to say under the "Location" category.

Postby Yuki-Anne » Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:11 pm

You should order some 666 REMOVER and see if it works.
New and improved Yuki-Anne: now with blog: http://anneinjapan.blog.com
Yuki-Anne

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:13 pm

hahahahaha, ok then...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Nate » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:06 pm

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby Davidizer13 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:37 pm

The author (who appears to be anti-KJV-Onlyism, the belief that the King James Version is the only proper English translation of the Bible) is quoting something by Peter Ruckman, who's a pretty staunch advocate of KJV-Onlyism. And by staunch, I mean he insults and ridicules anyone who opposes his position that the KJV is God's inspired word, and that anything in the KJV that's different from the Hebrew/Greek texts supersedes the originals. That's like saying that a translation of Moby Dick, done in a language that isn't around now, 1500 years in the future, is a better translation than the original.

Also, according to Ruckman, the CIA has made deals with aliens, letting them fly around and harvest peoples' organs.
We are loved even though we suck.

Psalms 37:37 (NHEB)
Mark the perfect man, and see the upright, for there is a future for the man of peace.
Davidizer13

Postby Nanao » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:45 pm

LOLOL wow! Umm. Yeah. Wow. I haven't laughed that hard yet this week ^_^;
Nanao

Postby Nate » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:51 pm

Davidizer13 wrote:the KJV is God's inspired word, and that anything in the KJV that's different from the Hebrew/Greek texts supersedes the originals

You wanna know the scary part? That's not even the stupidest position on the KJV. There are people who believe God gave Moses the KJV Bible on Mt. Sinai (yes, the New Testament as well) and that ancient Hebrew is actually English.

Don't ask me how that works.

Nate

Postby Nanao » Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:02 pm

Nate (post: 1458692) wrote:You wanna know the scary part? That's not even the stupidest position on the KJV. There are people who believe God gave Moses the KJV Bible on Mt. Sinai (yes, the New Testament as well) and that ancient Hebrew is actually English.

O_O I've heard people talk about this, but never met anyone who actually believed it. KJV Bible English wasn't even around at the time Moses went up to Mt Sinai. Is there a particular denomination that believes this?
Nanao

Postby Htom Sirveaux » Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:03 pm

Nate wrote:You wanna know the scary part? That's not even the stupidest position on the KJV. There are people who believe God gave Moses the KJV Bible on Mt. Sinai (yes, the New Testament as well) and that ancient Hebrew is actually English.

There are also people who worship Cthulhu.
If this post seems too utterly absurd or ridiculous to be taken seriously, don't. :)
Htom Sirveaux

Postby Hiryu » Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:18 pm

I think this picture sums up the article.

Hiryu

Postby Nate » Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:24 pm

risa wrote:KJV Bible English wasn't even around at the time Moses went up to Mt Sinai. Is there a particular denomination that believes this?

Like I said though, they think ancient Hebrew is KJV English. And that at some point it became what Hebrew is now.

And I don't think there's a particular denomination that believes it, at least, not any mainstream one. It's a pretty small group of people that adhere to this belief, for obvious reasons.

Nate

Postby J.D3 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:46 pm

Nate (post: 1458720) wrote:Like I said though, they think ancient Hebrew is KJV English. And that at some point it became what Hebrew is now.

And I don't think there's a particular denomination that believes it, at least, not any mainstream one. It's a pretty small group of people that adhere to this belief, for obvious reasons.

It's a bit like...

Sadly there are people who belive stuff like that!
Mack: Did I hear God call me an idiot?
God: *shrugs* If the shoe fits, honey. Yes sir, if the shoe fits...
The Shack, William P. Young

J.D3

Postby TopazRaven » Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:09 am

What is wrong with these people? They give me nightmares! :waah!:
For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

NIV, Romans 8:38-39.
TopazRaven

Postby Htom Sirveaux » Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:51 am

Limit 25 tubes per purchase, no more than five purchases per day.

That's pretty much the funniest bit, right there.
Of course, maybe there's a reason for that level of presumptuousness. Maybe those things sell like hotcakes, we don't know.
If this post seems too utterly absurd or ridiculous to be taken seriously, don't. :)
Htom Sirveaux

Return to General