Valentines Day

Talk about anything in here.

Postby TheSubtleDoctor » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:17 pm

Yamamaya (post: 1458122) wrote:Xenophobics is the more correct term.
According to most application-y type things, "White" is considered a race or ethnicity. Their racism entails xenophobia, to be sure =).
TheSubtleDoctor

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:19 pm

Am I the only one that likes Hershey's Chocolate? XD They did use sour milk back in the day by accident, but stuck with it... But I like almost any chocolate that isn't Nastle.

EDIT: I just wikipedia-ed butyric acid. It's found in vomit. Thanks Shooraijin.
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Nate » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:54 pm

Rusty Claymore wrote:It's all about finding someone that makes you feel good. Rubbish.

In all fairness, why would you be with someone who didn't make you feel good? While I admit that shouldn't be the only thing that's important in a relationship, if you don't like the other person, why would you be in a relationship with them? It's kind of necessary for the other person to make you feel good in a relationship, otherwise you're going to fall prey to adultery.

Ezekiel 23:20
Nate

Postby mechana2015 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:55 pm

Shao Feng-Li (post: 1458129) wrote:EDIT: I just wikipedia-ed butyric acid. It's found in vomit. Thanks Shooraijin.

That's our resident doctor for you, full of great information. :P

My Deviantart
"MOES. I can has Sane Sig now?"
mechana2015

Postby TopazRaven » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:55 pm

I still like Hershey's. xD I like McDonald's to, no one has scared me away from that place yet. :lol:
For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

NIV, Romans 8:38-39.
TopazRaven

Postby ProphetGirl16 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:18 pm

Valentine's Day...well, I'm going to spend that day like any other; loving my family, and brightening their day. :) Plus, we all trade chocolate! HOW COOL IS THAT?!
-ProphetGirl16
[SIGPIC]http://arwen-undomiel.com/oi/graphics/sigs/sam.jpg[/SIGPIC]
ProphetGirl16

Postby Htom Sirveaux » Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:54 pm

The town of Hershey, PA is about half an hour's drive from home, so I grew up eating Hershey's chocolate. If there's a bitter aftertaste, I never noticed it.

On topic, how abou a couple of nice, happy love songs. (I couldn't decide between the two.)
If this post seems too utterly absurd or ridiculous to be taken seriously, don't. :)
Htom Sirveaux

Postby Sanderson » Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:41 pm

I'm going to have a very nice Valentines Day with my girlfriend. ~_^

Here's a picture of us.

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/6554/657455632.jpg
Sanderson

Postby FllMtl Novelist » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:47 pm

I've had a ton of Hershey's chocolate and never noticed a bad taste, either. (And TopazRaven, you're not the only one who hasn't been scared away from McDonalds! I went and enjoyed the food there with my Dad not too long ago--though we really only went there because it was more convenient than Burger King. XD)
Kaori (post: 1458064) wrote:Also, let's not forget that the Japanese have their own unique holiday (created by the Japanese National Confection Industry) called White Day, March 14, which is when men who received something on Valentine’s Day are supposed to return the favor by giving white chocolate or some other gift.

I'm kinda glad that's not the case here, since I hate white chocolate. XD
Hats wrote:"Frodo! Cast off your [s]sins[/s] into the fire!"

EllaEdric 06:53 -IM SO UNEQUIPPED TO BE A MAN ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY.
FllMtl Novelist

Postby TGJesusfreak » Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:22 pm

hey guys. you'll love this;

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Is_there_cockroaches_in_chocolate

to legally be sold as chocolate though, it can only contain up to 3% cockroaches... anything more than that is illegal.... this is for all imported cocoa beans. XD not just hersheys... yummy!
TGJesusfreak

Location: USA... Earth... the milky way galaxy... the universe...

Postby FllMtl Novelist » Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:26 pm

Oh gross! XD
Hats wrote:"Frodo! Cast off your [s]sins[/s] into the fire!"

EllaEdric 06:53 -IM SO UNEQUIPPED TO BE A MAN ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY.
FllMtl Novelist

Postby ADXC » Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:29 pm

In many other countries, cockroaches are a delicacy. XD

As Americans, we are wimps sometimes.
ADXC

Postby Rusty Claymore » Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:39 pm

Nate (post: 1458133) wrote:In all fairness, why would you be with someone who didn't make you feel good? While I admit that shouldn't be the only thing that's important in a relationship, if you don't like the other person, why would you be in a relationship with them? It's kind of necessary for the other person to make you feel good in a relationship, otherwise you're going to fall prey to adultery.

This gets really complex, but I don't think someone making you feel good and liking someone is the same. Anyone can make you feel good, chemically or intentionally, and similarily, anyone can make you feel bad.
And falling into adultry has nothing to do with the other person. If someone falls into adultry it's because their lack of character and spine. True Love has nothing to do with feelings, and you can only have true Love for someone(the kind of Love that makes a relationship actually work) when they don't make you feel good.
Love by definition always costs you, and it's not Love unless it's there whether you get payed back or not.

Anyways, 60% is a good middle ground chocolate, whereas milk is questionable, and states, "I felt obligated, so I bought the cheapest I could find." XD
Proverbs 31:32 "...when she watches anime, she keeps the room well lit and sits at a safe distance."
Rusty Claymore

Postby Nate » Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:00 pm

Rusty Claymore wrote:And falling into adultry has nothing to do with the other person.

Paul from the Bible disagrees with you.

Do not deprive each other except perhaps by mutual consent and for a time, so that you may devote yourselves to prayer. Then come together again so that Satan will not tempt you because of your lack of self-control. - 1 Corinthians 7:5

While Paul says that lack of self-control is the cause of adultery, depriving your partner of sex (that's what this verse is talking about) would create a lack of self-control in the person...meaning that yes, adultery does have something to do with the other person.
True Love has nothing to do with feelings

I disagree vehemently. While I admit that love does not make you feel good all the time, what is the greatest expression of love ever made? Christ dying on the cross, obviously. The torture and dying were painful and brutal, but are you telling me God didn't feel joy and warmth in His heart that now, finally, His children could join Him in paradise? That God wasn't happy at the expression of love given in the cross? Because I would guarantee you He was.

True love has everything to do with feelings. It's just true love isn't totally feelings. That's the difference. Like okay, let's use the chocolate example. Milk chocolate has everything to do with chocolate. It is a type of chocolate. However, milk chocolate is not totally chocolate, it has other ingredients in it. You see what I mean?
you can only have true Love for someone(the kind of Love that makes a relationship actually work) when they don't make you feel good.

Whoa, you did not, NOT just say that. That's the kind of talk that keeps abuse victims of leaving their spouses. "Well...love isn't always supposed to feel good...s/he's just disciplining me..." Love is supposed to make you feel good. If you are with someone and you don't feel good, DO NOT BE WITH THAT PERSON.

You're taking a truth (love does not always feel good) and expanding it to a falsity (love does not feel good). The removal of the word "always" makes it false. Love does isn't all sunshine and rainbows, but it is definitely a part of love. It is a necessary part of love. You HAVE to feel good at least sometimes, because if not, it's not love, it's misery.

Nate

Postby Htom Sirveaux » Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:32 pm

Leaving ou the word "always" doesn't necessarily make it a falsity, just not immediately clear. But one can see what he probably means after giving it about five seconds' thought. Unless he's a sadomasochist, but I doubt that.
If this post seems too utterly absurd or ridiculous to be taken seriously, don't. :)
Htom Sirveaux

Postby Nate » Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:40 pm

Okay, yeah, you're right. It doesn't make it false, but it does obscure the meaning. Kind of like how if a dude hires a hitman to kill someone else, and they get taken to court, they could be all "Well I didn't kill him!" and it would be technically true but not really.

Nate

Postby Yamamaya » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:35 pm

I happen to agree with Nate here. Love requires feelings. Without feelings, love becomes little more than a sense of goodwill(which of course is good, but you need more than that when you're choosing a spouse).

If you are miserable around a person ALL THE TIME, it's likely that you'll start to lose that feeling of love. It is possible to fix relationships, but it requires effort from both sides.
Yamamaya

Postby shooraijin » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:12 pm

I just wikipedia-ed butyric acid. It's found in vomit. Thanks Shooraijin.

My pleasure. Try Lindt or Dove. Inexpensive and much better. (Btw, butyric acid is also a major component of body odour.)

That's our resident doctor for you

Hey now, I'm an offending physician. ;)
"you're a doctor.... and 27 years.... so...doctor + 27 years = HATORI SOHMA" - RoyalWing, when I was 27
"Al hail the forum editting Shooby! His vibes are law!" - Osaka-chan

I could still be champ, but I'd feel bad taking it away from one of the younger guys. - George Foreman
shooraijin

Postby Mr. SmartyPants » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:22 pm

Ugh maaan. There's a WORLD of a difference between Hershey's and a chocolate like Godiva.

Godiva is just deeeelicious.
Mr. SmartyPants

Postby Shao Feng-Li » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:26 pm

[quote="shooraijin (post: 1458260)"]My pleasure. Try Lindt or Dove. Inexpensive and much better. (Btw, butyric acid is also a major component of body odour.)

Hey now, I'm an offending physician. ]

I like Dove, Lindt, Godiva, etc, all too XD
Shao Feng-Li

Postby Nate » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:51 pm

I'd offer my opinion but as someone who barely even likes sweet stuff, I guess it wouldn't be worth much. XD

Nate

Postby mysngoeshere56 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:53 pm

Eh, for Valentine's Day, I'll be celebrating Single Awareness Day like I have every other year for just about my entire life... :lol: Though, since the initials spell out "SAD", I figured I'd come up with a different name for the people who are single and enjoy it...

"Singleness, My (Indeed) Love Every Day", otherwise known as SMILED! :dizzy:
-Sno
mysngoeshere56

Postby Hansha » Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:40 pm

mysngoeshere56 (post: 1458272) wrote:Eh, for Valentine's Day, I'll be celebrating Single Awareness Day like I have every other year for just about my entire life... :lol: Though, since the initials spell out "SAD", I figured I'd come up with a different name for the people who are single and enjoy it...

"Singleness, My (Indeed) Love Every Day", otherwise known as SMILED! :dizzy:

How about "Singleness, May I love each day"
" The light shines in the darkness and the darkness has not overcome it." John 1:5
Hansha

Postby Nate » Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:43 pm

How about "Single, Man I Love Eating Donuts."

Nate

Postby Hansha » Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:46 pm

Nate (post: 1458280) wrote:How about "Single, Man I Love Eating Donuts."

Sigh, just got to one up me dontcha XD. Now I want a donut...
" The light shines in the darkness and the darkness has not overcome it." John 1:5
Hansha

Postby Yuki-Anne » Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:49 pm

Nate (post: 1458280) wrote:How about "Single, Man I Love Eating Donuts."

This one is best.
New and improved Yuki-Anne: now with blog: http://anneinjapan.blog.com
Yuki-Anne

Postby Nate » Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:49 pm

Well being single leaves you plenty of time to eat donuts. ;.; FOREVER ALONE eating donuts.

I need fried dough so bad it hurts!

Nate

Postby Yuki-Anne » Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:53 pm

If I had a choice between eating donuts forever alone and forever not alone never eating donuts... you know, I'm not sure which I'd pick. One the one hand, nobody. On the other hand, being around someone 24/7.

I think nobody+donuts sounds sad, but somehow strangely ok...
New and improved Yuki-Anne: now with blog: http://anneinjapan.blog.com
Yuki-Anne

Postby Hansha » Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:55 pm

Hey I've had nobody+donuts lots of times and I've never been sad during it.
Hansha

Postby Hansha » Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:57 pm

[quote="Nate (post: 1458283)"]Well being single leaves you plenty of time to eat donuts. ]I need fried dough so bad it hurts![/url][/QUO

ahh, I want a funnel cake now!
Hansha

Previous Next

Return to General